Trump's Wrath He Is Letting Loose On RINO's

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image80
    Sharlee01posted 2 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/15788181_f1024.jpg
    Trump aims to oust 'RINOs, sell-outs' who voted for infrastructure with 3 notable exceptions
    Trump called the Republicans 'RINOs, sellouts, and known losers'.

"Former President Donald Trump is amping up his battle against "RINOs, sellouts, and known losers" who voted in favor of the infrastructure bill, calling on other Republicans to challenge them in primaries.

"Saving America starts by saving the GOP from RINOs, sellouts, and known losers! In the Senate, the ‘Disaster from Alaska,’ Lisa Murkowski (challenge accepted), must go. There is ‘almost’ nobody worse!"  Trump said in a statement Saturday night to followers of the Save America PAC. "
    Trump called for primaries of 11 other representatives in his statement to face primary battles, most of whom voted in favor of the Democrats’ $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill on Nov. 5.

"Any interest from good and SMART America First Republican Patriots to run primary campaigns against Representatives Tom Rice, John Katko, Don Bacon, Don Young, Fred Upton (challenge accepted), Andrew Garbarino, Peter Meijer (challenge accepted), David McKinley (challenge accepted), Nancy Mace, Jaime Herrera Beutler (challenge accepted) and Chris Smith?" he wrote. "

"Reps. Rice, Meijer, and Herrera Beutler were on the list despite voting against infrastructure. Trump did not explain why three House Republicans - Reps. Nicole Malliotakis, Jeff Van Drew, and Brian Fitzpatrick - were not included on the list despite voting for the bill."

"You will have my backing!" he told prospective candidates willing to primary the incumbents. "Gonzalez, Kinzinger, and Reed already QUIT, they are out of politics, hopefully for good. Warmonger Liz Cheney (challenge accepted) is on the SKIDS with a 19% approval rating."  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- … cture-bill

It appears Trump has his sights on several Congressional representatives.

Do you think Trump will succeed with his quest to run out those Congressional Representiatves he feels need to go?

Will Trump beat the Democrats at their own game --- canceling out those that get in his way?

1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

"Will Trump beat the Democrats at their own game --- canceling out those that get in his way?"
      --------
      How is anything or anyone in the Democratic Party comparable to what Trump is doing within the Republican Party?

What was Trump's motive except to impede progress in defense of his fragile ego? What came of the infrastructure legislation was hard fought from the perspective of both parties. Does Trump presume that nothing be done merely because it "gives the other side a win"? He had his own infrastructure bill, so that cannot be the reason.

So who is calling this leadership, or the man himself "a leader"?

Sharlee01posted 2 years agoin reply to this

It is clear Trump is out for blood. He clearly does not want the Democrats to have any wins. In my honest opinion, I think this will cause many Republicans to back away from him in 2022, naturally depending on their state.  He has a  base that is just very mad, and appreciate him being belligerent. There is no knowing how big this base is. 

Yes, he has taken up what the media calls "cancel culture" and is using it. Moreorless telling his base, we can play that game, and play it better. I must say he is using strategies I did not think he would use. I think he is taking a huge gamble, not realizing, yes, many republicans liked his agenda but became disgusted with his methods, and the turmoil that came with it.  I think if Biden would have cooled his jets a bit, things in the country would have cooled down. But, all feel worse, and Trump could once again be what will be thought a good alternative. IT will all depend on if Biden can problem solve. Lots of problems are brewing, so it would be an uphill climb.

Myself, I have several I would rather see run in 2024.

1. Credence2 profile image79
          Credence2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

We all talk about this bringing the country together, as we have a so called leader blatantly trying to pry it apart. There is nothing to redeem either him or "his base". His base is very angry and very ignorant, thinking that the only exceptable outcome is Trump in power. We need to dispense with that manner of thinking.

I am more than content to stand on the sidelines while the GOP rips itself to shreds over those that choose to slavishly follow Trump regardless of where he leads versus those that otherwise want to focus on conservative values and are not willing to give fealty to any one man. I will bring my popcorn.

Biden is a Democrat and was elected by those that knew that already, I don't expect to propose, promote and act like a Republican. There was nothing for him to "cool", he should have gotten "hotter" toward his agenda, the one that he ran and for which he was elected.

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

"We all talk about this bringing the country together, as we have a so called leader blatantly trying to pry it apart."

You are referring to Biden's constant efforts to demand vaccination mandates, separating us into "vaccinated, caring, ethical people" and the "unvaccinated people that don't care about their neighbors or even family members"?

That would fit with "There is nothing to redeem either him or "his base". His base is very angry and very ignorant..." as well wouldn't it?

(That's sarcasm if it didn't come across that way; at attempt to show just how alike the sides are without any real effort to work with anyone else.  In that regard Biden and Trump could be not only peas in a pod, but adjacent peas.)

2. Sharlee01 profile image80

I don't talk about the country coming together, I think to be realistic that is "water under the bridge" I don't think you or I have any power to stop Trump or his base. And the way Biden is going, he is playing into Trump's hands. Biden is doing each and everything Trump predicted. So, why would his base back away?  many Republicans, me included liked his agenda, America first, and his job performance. I can be honest, I don't care about the pomp and circumstance of politicians. I like someone that can walk and chew gum, and not be afraid to speak his opinion.

Well, sure if he has much steam left, his actions in the past months will play out throughout his remaining years. he has big problems that won't go away quickly. In fact, they could get meaner, get worse due to being poked at.  He has rocked the economy, immigration, crime, and COVID with all his unnecessary mandates. I think all four of the above-mentioned will get far worse.

It's not only Republicans that are feeling the results of Biden's poor decision-making. Actually, it's the most unfortunate that will feel it worse. When they can't pay their heat bill...  Joe, can't fix that unless he sends out more cash, and not many American's would be on board with more bailouts.

It's odd I feel from day one Biden has made every attempt to pry the country apart. I never felt that under Trump. I always felt no matter what he represented all American's and worked hard to make things better.

2. Valeant profile image85
    Valeantposted 2 years ago

'He has a  base that is just very mad, and appreciate him being belligerent.'

The same base that says the country is doing poorly is the same base that believes the election was stolen.  The same base that is making domestic terror threats to elected members of their own party.  Until they come back to reality, why on Earth should anyone believe a thing they say?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

"The same base that says the country is doing poorly is the same base that believes the election was stolen."

Are you claiming that anyone that doesn't believe the election is stolen (the "base" you speak of) doesn't believe our inflation is high, doesn't believe that tens of thousands of illegal aliens are entering the country, doesn't believe that we are no longer energy independent, etc., etc. etc.?

Because that's exactly what you said - did you mean it?

1. Valeant profile image85
        Valeantposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I mean every word.  The country is recovering from the economic disaster the pandemic brought on.  Now, wages are up and unemployment is down.  The supply chains that got broken starting in May of 2020 are getting fixed.

Illegal immigration is back to 2019 levels, nothing different there.  And inflation and lowered energy production are both byproducts of the pandemic that began in 2020.  I've posted plenty of links that substantiate that claim.

The United States is hardly alone in enduring a bout of stiff inflation, with the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development showing inflation running high across its 38 member countries and oil prices quadrupling in the last 18 months as economies reopened from COVID-19 shutdowns.

And yet, according to the base and many others, Biden is the cause of these things and it's only happening in the United States because they are not smart enough to do some simple research into when oil production dropped, when the production of goods halted globally, or when currency got pumped into the economy that drove demand way up.

2. Sharlee01 profile image80

I think at this point the majority of Americans are disappointed in Biden for one reason or another, there are plenty of problems to choose from. The polls tell that story, as they did with those very unhappy with Trump throughout his term. I don't think it's relevant what as you say"they" say, polls are showing it's more than Trump's base supporters that are not happy with the direction the country is headed. Time will tell. I must agree with Wilderness, we have a president, as well as the Democrats in Washington making every attempt to divide the population, and in the process destroy the country.

I remain positive, I feel the veil of crazy has lifted for most, and they are realizing at this point we have a mess of a man in the White House, that can't handle the job.  In my view, Biden's failure has nothing to do with Trump. Biden was on a collision course from day one --- literally.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

So many lies in that segment.

One - they pick a single poll, the worst to run their narrative.
      Two - Ingraham clearly doesn't know a thing about what is in the bill as the majority does indeed go to infrastructure as they put up in a graphic when they discuss the NY rep who voted for it.  It has 10 different categories which are all infrastructure listed.
      Three - She flat out lies that the bill is laden with progressive pork.

If you want to post the stuff that brainwashes you here, don't expect us to sit back and ignore the lies your media is telling you.  It's sad that you cannot tell when you are being lied to, but that does clearly define around 40% of the country that buys into the falsehoods that Fox News spews.

https://www.cnn.com/factsfirst/politics … 9a9e857582
        Does only 7% of Biden's infrastructure plan go toward US infrastructure?
        CLAIM
        A day after Biden's announcement, an email from the Republican National Committee claimed "Joe Biden's 'infrastructure' plan is not really about infrastructure, it is another multi-trillion dollar far left wish list," echoing similar complaints made about the Covid-19 relief package, the American Rescue Plan.

According to the GOP, "Only 7% of the bill's spending is for what Americans traditionally think of as infrastructure."

CONCLUSION
        The GOP claim that just 7% of the bill's spending applies to infrastructure is misleading. That being said, the debate over what technically counts as infrastructure is a real one, and much of the bill's spending falls outside even the broadest of definitions.

EVIDENCE
        Biden's plan includes $621 billion for transportation, $400 billion for homecare service, $300 billion for manufacturing and $180 billion for research and development.

Under their "traditional" definition of infrastructure, the GOP email limits what counts as infrastructure spending to include the $115 billion the plan allocates for modernizing highways, roads and main streets, $25 billion to airports and $17 billion for inland waterways, ports and ferries.

However, Biden's plan also calls for $85 billion to modernize public transit, $80 billion for Amtrak, $50 billion to safeguard critical infrastructure, and $20 billion to improve road safety. The GOP email does not provide an explanation for why those investments are not considered part of infrastructure.

If we include the aforementioned $235 billion additional funding for transportation infrastructure, plus the $126 billion for building housing units, the $112 billion to build public schools and improve community college facilities, the $111 billion for water infrastructure, the $100 billion for digital infrastructure and the $100 billion for power infrastructure, infrastructure accounts for about 30% of the $2.65 trillion plan as announced by the White House.

The Republicans could have fairly argued that a majority of the funds aren't going directly to infrastructure projects but the 7% number relies on a the GOP's own narrow definition of infrastructure.

The bill also scored poorly.IT does not pay for itself as touted.
        https://www.wsj.com/articles/cbo-estima … 1628196739

The plan is not $2.65 trillion.  And the GOP is clearly lying about what constitutes infrastructure to deceive their followers.

And a $275 billion addition to our massive debt for over a trillion dollars of investment is worth it in my view.

I am not sure how much the infrastructure bill will truly cost, not sure it was ever scored? I can't find a score on it...

It'll cost around half of the total new investment.  $256 over a ten year period.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanpo … b661634c63

Thanks for the link, I will have a look.

2. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

C'mon more BS.

4. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 2 years ago

So, the topic is about Donald Trump letting loose on RINOs.

I'll give you a heads-up, much of the Republican party is fed up with RINOs.

Many of us have the view that if you want to support democrats and democrat policies, become a democrat.  Why waste a congressional or senate seat because you can't be honest and tell the truth?

Yes, there is a movement underway to purge RINOs from the Republican party.  It is LONG overdue.  Donald Trump is the first leader to directly address the issue AND take action.  I believe he has enough support to be successful.

At a recent meeting a fellow Republican said "If you're the New York Mets, the last thing you need is to have someone from the Yankees playing for your team."

I think that is the best analogy possible.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Your response seems to say you prefer the priority of party over country.

It reads like you think all Republicans should vote the party regardless of what they are voting on.

I am thankful there are some RINOs. Starting with John McCain.

GA

1. Readmikenow profile image94
        Readmikenowposted 2 years agoin reply to this

"Your response seems to say you prefer the priority of party over country"

What does that even mean?  If you don't think your party is the best one to run the country, you shouldn't be in that political party. 

Again, if you believe in Democrats, become one.  To act like a Democrat and be in the Republican party, is cowardly.

I would like to see RINOs simply join the Democrat party, starting with John McCain.

To think that making investments in the country's infrastructure is singularly a democratic desire when the GOP tried and failed to do the same thing for four years is acting like a democrat is pretty delusional.

What party over country means is that you put your party's interests in making the other party look bad at the expense of making your country better.  I would rather have a RINO than an obstructionist any day.

And this is a big difference between the parties.  When the debt ceiling needed to go up to not crash the economy, democrats didn't blink.  It was in the good of the country.  No one in our party even thinks to use the term DINO.  It's stupid.

I could write several paragraphs about what a horrible job Democrats are doing for the country, but what's the use?

I don't know if you've ever been involved directly involved in politics.  If not, I suggest you do so.  It is quite an eye-opening experience.  Nothing is as you think it to be.

Let's stick to the topic of RINOS, and why they are bad.

When you run for office at any level, you need to get a certain number of signatures on your petition for election.  This has different names in different states.  Once you get enough signatures, you submit it and then officially declare your party.  Prior to this, you will be meeting with the local committee chairmen.  They will ask you questions about your position on certain issues.  They will have a meeting and determine if you will get the support of the committee.  When you are approved, and you win your primary election, you will then have access to funding and other resources from that particular party.  Democrats do the exact same thing.

You then develop a platform based on the beliefs and values of the party you will represent concerning issues.  This is what is given to the marketers to promote you to the voters in the general election. 

By the time you are voted in office, at any level, you've stated you will support the party's goals for the country.  You will have to have committed to this with committees as well as voters.  At this point, a major emotional and financial investment has been made into you and your campaign.

RINOs are bad because they've misrepresented themselves to the Republican committees as well as those who voted for them.  They've taken a lot of money based on their ability to tell lies. They've stabbed all those who supported them in the back.

For years, this was ignored because President Ronald Reagan said a Republican should never speak ill of another Republican. 

Things are different now.  RINOs are retiring or leaving.  Republican committees are now funding their challengers.

It must be done.  I'm sure Mets fans don't want someone from the New York Yankees playing for them.

If they want to be independent of their party, they can get elected into office as an independent.  If they want to be a democrat, join the democrat party.  If they want to get elected with the financial and emotional support of the Republican party and then go against it, they need to suffer the consequences.

So, according to you, there are no differences in the country among Republicans.  That the Tea Party Republicans are the same as the moderate Republicans and that all must vote the party line, no matter how indefensible the leadership decisions might be. 

Yeah, that's just not the real world.

If you want to be an independent, run as an independent.  Don't bother telling lies and misrepresenting yourself to a people who are part of a political party that will invest time, effort and energy to get you elected.  If you don't want to support the party, then don't run as a member of it.

What do you think of the six democrats that didn't vote for the infrastructure bill?

What do I think about the six democrats that didn't vote for it?  I thought they were standing up for their principles in wanting the BBB agenda passed at the same time.  I don't want them cast out of our party because our party isn't an authoritarian entity that follows the whims of a single unhinged man.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)