Tracking Biden's Polls --- How Low Can He Go

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image78
    Sharlee01posted 23 months ago

https://hubstatic.com/16019086.jpg

May 31, 2022 --
    Disapproval 54.0
    Aproval - 40.0
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/bi … al-rating/

Reuters Ipsos --  59% of Americans disapprove of the president -- 36% approve
    UPDATED MAY 24, 2022
    https://graphics.reuters.com/USA-BIDEN/ … opagnqapa/

Thoughts

1. Stephen Tomkinson profile image92
      Stephen Tomkinsonposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Nowadays, you have to be a performer to win big at the opinion polls, and even being good in front of the media is no guarantee. Bidden is no performer.

Sharlee01posted 23 months agoin reply to this

No, he is no performer, but at times, he seems to be pretty dam funny. I mean have you heard some of his "fish tales?   And then there are his gaffes they can be funny, but mostly just leave one scratching their head.

2. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Stated was Thoughts, so that  is what I offer.

First, I don't really pay attention to his poll ratings since they are transient while he is in office. Yes, they are strong indicator of public sentiment, yet as both yourself and Cred pointed out elsewhere things can change rapidly moreso today than in other time in history IMO.

I will share I would be in the disapproval side for different reasons more than the approve side, although I easily could stand on both sides of the fence as I approve and disapprove both. It would be a matter of adding them up.

To demonstrate transient seeking to know more than I did I went off on a search discovering interesting posts at Google University. One that caught my interest is by Gallup:

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Gallup Historical Statistics and Trends
      https://news.gallup.com/poll/116677/pre … rends.aspx

Note the info provided is for their whole time in office, so not sure if it can be used with Biden as a comparison. It does point out that Harry Truman was the lowest approval rating at 22% and just for the heck of it and not as a point Trump's lowest was 34%. That again is why I say transient. There are graphs showing the change of approval rating trends for different presidents. Interesting and seems at least half were a downward trend.

Another one I found shows the highs and lows for different presidents that shows George W. Bush low at 19%, though at one time had a high of 92%. And, that was the highest of them all and lowest of them all. Go figure.

Presidential Approval Highs & Lows by Roper Center of Cornell University
      https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/preside … /highslows

Polls are a funny thing. I have experience with them being in charge of conducting them for the company I worked for. For instance for approval rating we asked the question would you recommend the company to a friend. Yes meant approval, no meant not. Yet, we also asked were you satisfied with the work and was the work completed when promised. Those, too, could be used for approval ratings. So, to me, knowing what question(s) were asked to determine approval is important as well as if it was a battery of questions and not a simple do you approve or not.

You provide some great insight and certainly give one something to think about. I tend to agree with your point of view. Thanks for commenting and offering links.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 23 months ago

A pandemic that was handled foolishly from the start and a war he's doing all he can to bring to a just end. All I can say is, thank God we don't have a Republican president right now.

In my view, Trump did a superb job handling a huge crisis. I will also share, and this is just my opinion, I don't feel Russia would have gone into Ukraine If Trump were in office. he was very much a strong leader.

1. peoplepower73 profile image89
        peoplepower73posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Sharlee:  I know you are enamored with Trump. But here is Trump's legacy from a liberal perspective.  This is meant for adults only and may not be well suited for Trumpians. But it speaks to everything that I think Trump's legacy has given us. I believe it has to be said to bring some semblance of reality to those who think that Trump is the great problem solver. "This is in your face", just the way you like Tucker Carlson to present things, only it is from a liberal perspective.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar … mp/617255/

1. Readmikenow profile image93
          Readmikenowposted 23 months agoin reply to this

I read the entire piece and believe it is simply a bias opinion piece.

It has no value in the realm of reality.

"It has no value in the realm of reality."

Actually the sad part --- it does have value to liberals.

peoplepower73posted 23 months agoin reply to this

"It has no value in the realm of reality."

Actually the sad part --- it does have value to liberals.

Actually it is reality that can be proved.  That's too bad, conservatives can't even defend it.  Their only response is to ignore it.  That is what is wrong with our country. If it is biased, why not prove it.  Each one of those claims about Trump can be verified as truthful. You know it and I know it.

It saddens me that this country is so divided and nothing can be done about it.  We have a dysfunctional congress and minority states that are controlling the majority.  A  stacked conservative Supreme Court that Trump and McConnell put in place.

You continue to bash Biden while praising Trump's god awful legacy that he has left this country with and will continue to do so. I am really concerned  where this country is headed because of Trump's legacy.

I know I am not going to change any ones mind about Trump, but you and the rest of the Trumpers are not even willing to accept the truth about him. You constantly bash Biden and now I know you use that as a distraction to take the focus of of Trump.

You don't like the Atlantic, but they just won awards for their work.

https://www.theatlantic.com/press-relea … ds/629488/

Readmikenowposted 22 months agoin reply to this

"Their only response is to ignore it."

It lacks perspective and balance, that alone, makes it nothing less than a political hit piece.  It should be ignored.

"A stacked conservative Supreme Court that Trump and McConnell put in place."

You might want to do some research into the legal concept of a "stacked" court.  That deals with changing the number of justices on the SCOTUS.  The Supreme Court we have right now is based on filling vacancies.  I've heard this nonsense so many times I can't help but believe this one reality among that liberals can't comprehend.

"are not even willing to accept the truth about him"

That is a statement I use to describe the liberal view of President Donald Trump.  He was 1,000 times a better president that biden will ever be during the course of his presidency.  biden is constantly bashed because he is a senile old fool who is detached and clueless. I suppose liberals need to continue to bash President Donald Trump because his presidency was so much better than biden's. It deflects from biden's sheer, utter, blatant incompetence.

"You don't like the Atlantic, but they just won awards for their work."

So has Playboy...big deal.  They are an award-winning publication that published opinion political hit-pieces that liberals love.

2. Sharlee01 profile image78
                Sharlee01posted 22 months agoin reply to this

I will agree to disagree. We have played this same record many times. It's repetitive and I pretty much covered my view in my last response. I don't read biased outlets.

peoplepower73posted 22 months agoin reply to this

Deleted

peoplepower73posted 22 months agoin reply to this

These are facts, not liberal bias.

Dominion voting systems, a manufacturer of voting machines used in 28 states, fell into the spotlight following the 2020 election after supporters of former president Donald Trump claimed without evidence that such machines were used to tamper with ballots or rig results in claims debunked by fact-checkers. Top election officials — including Georgia's Republican secretary of state and governor — repeatedly insisted there was no evidence of breaches or changed election results. A Georgia judge previously dismissed a lawsuit alleging voter fraud in the 2020 election.

In January 2021, Dominion filed a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against attorney Sidney Powell, citing her repeated allegations that the company changed votes for Trump to votes for Biden. The company has also sued former Trump campaign advisor Rudy Giuliani for making similar statements.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics … 36f1447f5f

Move on, I have... Your comment fell on deaf ears.

This thread is all about Bidens sinking polls. It has nothing to do with Trump. I have realized you deflect to all Trump no matter what the subject.

3. Readmikenow profile image93

Yes, I agree, liberals would rather dwell within the realm of their fantasy rather than deal with reality. It is what makes it possible for them to lead their delusional lives.

"Sharlee:  I know you are enamored with Trump. But here is Trump's legacy from a liberal perspective.  This is meant for adults only and may not be well suited for Trumpians"

As I shared with you in a prior comment, I have no respect for liberal opinions or their ideologies. So, not sure why you would feel I would care to read anything The Atlantic has to offer.  They are a biased outlet.

As I have shared with you time and time again, I do not watch talk jocks. I know very little about Tucker and watch his show.

Sharlee01posted 22 months ago

June 4th  --    Joe Biden’s approval among black Americans has declined, new poll says

Joe Biden’s popularity among black voters, a key part of his base, has taken a beating since spring of 2021, a new poll revealed Saturday.

While African Americans still support the president at a much higher rate than the population as a whole, a Washington Post-Ipsos survey found that 7 in 10 black Americans approve of President Biden’s job performance — down 8% from the 78% approval rating recorded in April 2021.

Fewer than one quarter in the demographic group — 23% — “strongly approve” of the Democratic president, 47% “somewhat” approve, while 28% disapprove, including 9% who do so “strongly,” according to the poll.

Asked if Biden is “sympathetic to the problems of Black people in this country,” 66% of respondents replied yes — down 8% from the 74% who said yes to the same question in June 2020, the poll discovered. Thirty-two percent said no in the 2022 poll, compared to 23% who did so in 2020, the Washington Post survey found.

NOT NICE: The 69-Point Gap in Biden’s Approval Between Blacks and Hispanics
      https://freebeacon.com/democrats/biden- … -hipanics/

1. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 22 months agoin reply to this

Yes, while Biden approval numbers have gone down among our group, it is a far cry from considering any Republican as a viable alternative.

These are polls on Biden, this does not mean in 2024 the Dem party will not run someone else. I would think they will.   Just pointing out here and now.

Questions, do you ever as a black man ever consider or I should say research Republican candidates?  Are you saying you just do not in any respect consider any Republican?

3. Sharlee01 profile image78

Poll: Nearly Three-Quarters of Americans Disapprove of Biden’s Handling of Inflation
      https://news.yahoo.com/poll-nearly-thre … 23817.html

4. Sharlee01 profile image78

The Washington Post
      Biden's polls show not just a low approval rating, but that he lacks a political base
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … lack-base/

Biden’s Approval Rating Sinks to New Low
      Trump was markedly more popular at a similar point in his presidency

The latest survey found that 58% of voters disapprove of Biden’s job performance and 39% approve. It marks the 46th president’s lowest approval rating and highest disapproval rating in 62 weekly surveys conducted since he took office in January 2021.

https://morningconsult.com/2022/06/08/b … g-new-low/

5. Sharlee01 profile image78

Approval of President Biden’s job performance slipped to just 33% in a poll released Wednesday by Quinnipiac University — as even key Democratic voting blocs such as young people and racial minorities give the president a big thumbs-down.

The survey, conducted June 3-6, found that 22% of Americans ages 18-34 approve of Biden’s performance — the lowest rating of any age group. Just 24% of Hispanic voters and 49% of black voters said they approve of Biden’s work.

Although elected with the most votes in US history, Biden’s support cratered about seven months into office during the chaotic US pullout from Afghanistan and remained low as inflation and violent crime spiked.

In the new poll, 64% of respondents said they disapprove of Biden’s handling of the economy and 34% said inflation is the most pressing national issue. Annual inflation was above 8% in March and April, which critics blame on Biden’s policies.

6. Sharlee01 profile image78

BREAKING
      BUSINESS
      Biden Has Seen Biggest Drop In Approval Among Young Voters Since Taking Office, Poll Finds  - TOPLINE President Joe Biden has seen the largest decline in his approval rating among young voters—who helped drive his win in 2020 when they turned out in record numbers—since he took office, according to a new Morning Consult poll, which found Biden’s approval rating fell 20% among voters ages 18-34 from January 2021 to June 2022.
      https://www.forbes.com/sites/madelineha … 7583e7cd43

7. Sharlee01 profile image78

WASHINGTON, June 14 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden's public approval rating fell to 39% in its third straight weekly decline, approaching the lowest level of his presidency, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll completed on Tuesday.
      https://www.reuters.com/world/us/bidens … 022-06-14/

President Joe Biden’s approval ratings hit a new low on Monday and touched 39.7 per cent, worse than his predecessor Donald Trump’s ratings at this point in 2018, according to a new poll.

The poll conducted by FiveThirtyEight has found that after 510 days in office, the president faces a disproval rating of 53.7 per cent.

In comparison, on the 510th day of his presidency in 2018, Mr Trump had an approval rating of 41.8 per cent and a disproval rating of 51.7 per cent.

Gosh how low will he actually go?

8. Sharlee01 profile image78

https://hubstatic.com/16037816.jpg
      BEST ECCONOMY EVER!

How low, pretty dam low...  https://graphics.reuters.com/USA-BIDEN/ … opagnqapa/

56% of Americans disapprove of the president
      UPDATED JUNE 14, 2022

9. Sharlee01 profile image78

YIKES!

55.4 disapproval rating
      39.2 approval rating

WASHINGTON, June 22 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden's public approval rating fell for a fourth straight week to 36% matching its lowest level last seen in late May, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll completed on Wednesday
      Reuters show Biden with a 58% disapproval rating. today

It's getting painful to watch.

It really is. I am keeping track of  Biden's polls, and correlating current events that seem to be correlated to his sinking polls. It is hard to keep up with all the causations of his sinking polls. This week In my view it's all his unrealistic political ploys such as his Holiday gas tax break to put a weak leaky bandaid on the high gas problems. (he created). Some Dem Governors bucked him. Here in Michigan our Gov spoke up with great speed and shot his idea down. 

The gas problem is a big one.  Fed chair Powell popped Joe's bubble yesterday when being questioned by Senate Banking Committee, he stated that “inflation was high before” the Feb. 24 Russian invasion of Ukraine, which increased global food and energy prices.

Biden appears to say anything that comes into his head, and his words are a big part, in my view, that sink his polls. He makes promises that he knows will go nowhere, and citizens are also aware his "big ideas" have no chance of going anywhere.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 22 months agoin reply to this

What's wrong with his gas tax holiday?  Given an average of 13,500 miles driven per year, and 25 MPG, that would put a whole $2 per week into a drivers pockets - surely that would solve Biden's inflation problem!

Of course, that gas tax goes towards building and maintaining roods (infrastructure), which means he'll have to magically produce another $24,000,000,000 to spend on infrastructure, but that isn't a problem.  He did it with his "infrastructure" bill (that won't cause inflation, either) and he can do it again (without causing more inflation).

10. Sharlee01 profile image78

Joe's is just not a likeable guy --- and internationally he is no popular.

Confidence in Joe Biden has declined sharply around the world since his first year in office, even as global views of the United States continue to improve following record lows under Donald Trump, a recent survey has found.

Among more than a dozen publics in North America, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific, median confidence in Biden was at 60 percent, according to a Pew Research Center report on June 22. Its analysis links the dip—down an average of 15 percentage points from 2021—to initial enthusiasm after Trump's presidency, as well as the Biden administration's handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan last summer.

Some of the biggest declines were recorded in Italy (down 30 points), Greece (down 26 points) and Spain (down 25 points), while drops in excess of 15 points were also reported in Singapore (down 22 points), France (down 21 points) and the Netherlands (down 19 points), Pew's results found. Among countries where directly comparable data was available, only South Korea (up 3 points) recorded an increase in confidence in Biden.
      https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-appr … mp-1719725

Poll shows Democrats losing strength with Asian Americans in key Senate battlegrounds
      https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3 … legrounds/

11. Sharlee01 profile image78

Oh MY ---
      today old Joe has a 56.1% disapproval rating.

Rassmussen 59% disapproval rate
      https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public … ex_history

Reuters --- 57% of Americans disapprove of the president

12. Sharlee01 profile image78
      Sharlee01posted 21 months ago

CNN --- How low can Joe Biden go in the polls?
      Chris Cillizza
      Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
      Wed July 6, 2022

Cillizza asked the question ---  "(CNN)In a new Monmouth University poll, just 36% of Americans approve of the job Joe Biden is doing -- the lowest mark of his presidency to date in the survey.

Which raises a simple but profound question: How low can Biden go? Put another way, is there a built-in floor for Biden's approval rating? Or might he continue to trend lower and lower?"

*Donald Trump 34% (January 2021)
      * Barack Obama 40% (At several points in 2013 and 2014)
      * George W. Bush 25% (October 2008)
      * Bill Clinton 37% (June 1993)
      * George H.W. Bush 29% (July/August 1992)
      * Ronald Reagan 35% (January 1983)

So, it appears he has a bit to go to beat George W. Bush.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/06/politics … index.html

13. Sharlee01 profile image78

https://hubstatic.com/16064877.png
      A stunning 88% of Americans now believe the U.S. is on the wrong track and just 10% believe it is on the right track, according to a new poll ...  In a survey full of depressing firsts, the headline from the new Monmouth University Poll found that a record 88% believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, the worst on record.https://www.forbes.com/sites/darreonnadavis/2022/07/05/88-of-americans-say-us-is-on-wrong-track/?sh=37ed255b287a

14. Sharlee01 profile image78

Most Democrats Don’t Want Biden in 2024, New Poll Shows
      With the country gripped by a pervasive sense of pessimism, the president is hemorrhaging support.

July 11, 2022
      Updated 12:25 p.m. ET
      President Biden is facing an alarming level of doubt from inside his own party, with 64 percent of Democratic voters saying they would prefer a new standard-bearer in the 2024 presidential campaign, according to a New York Times/Siena College poll, as voters nationwide have soured on his leadership, giving him a meager 33 percent job-approval rating.

Widespread concerns about the economy and inflation have helped turn the national mood decidedly dark, both on Mr. Biden and the trajectory of the nation. More than three-quarters of registered voters see the United States moving in the wrong direction, a pervasive sense of pessimism that spans every corner of the country, every age range and racial group, cities, suburbs and rural areas, as well as both political parties.

Only 13 percent of American voters said the nation was on the right track — the lowest point in Times polling since the depths of the financial crisis more than a decade ago."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/11/us/p … -2024.html
      https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/j … -20-below/
      https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/11/most-de … -2024.html

How low can Biden go?

1. Fayetteville Faye profile image59
        Fayetteville Fayeposted 21 months agoin reply to this

According to the same poll:

"Biden would likely defeat former President Donald Trump again in the next election if it were held today, according to the survey.

The poll found that 44% of registered voters questioned said they would vote for Biden, compared with 41% who said they would back Trump."

But I'm with the majority of respondents saying that they would like to see a different nominee on the Democrat side in 2024.  I think Democrats are looking for a candidate who is more aggressive, fiery, less centrist and someone who will let go of the idea of bipartisanship. It is very clear that Republicans and even more so, the Trumpists, aren't interested in compromises that the majority of the country would welcome.

Sharlee01posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Yes, I saw that ... How sad to old guys with low polls.  And this is what we are arguing about. Sad

Love the word Trumpists. I coin a word for Bidden followers  ".BIdunce's"

It just might catch on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)