Do you ever feel like telling someone off in the Forums?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (64 posts)
  1. mandybeau1 profile image61
    mandybeau1posted 14 years ago

But because you are as I am very controlled and exceptionally polite, end up just thinking, well whatever you think.
    Let me know.
    How do you deal with it any outlets smile

1. archdaw profile image59
      archdawposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I usualy just say what an ass out loud to myself while reading stupid coments and remarks

1. tksensei profile image60
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You'd have more fun saying that at the beach.

mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hahahahahahaha tk I spose u know that you are the kinda dog people like as they do never smell like a doggy........

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, it is suposed to be civil discussion, it usuly turns away from that. People just have to get personal. But its just opinions. No harm, unless it gets personal, then yes by all means, tell them.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

just ignore them, just like Ms. helen said, there are more things which everyone of us need to deal with than the annoying and nonsense circular arguments at times, i dont know why people also want to annoy others and use tactics like that

2. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

I make a passive-aggressive thread to let them know anyways.

I thought you may explain it well Len cheers.

3. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

It's not real life here in the forums, so anything I read that I think is a load of bull I just ignore as it has no place in my thoughts. There are so many Drama Queens in the forums that I think the name should be changed and we should have an actual Drama Queen section. Maybe I should have been born a man but I just don't get how some people get so upset. I love joining in, but also know when to back off as I have much more important issues going on in real life to worry about trivial things on here.

Yay Helen a lady after my own heart amazing how many take it seriously.

2. dejajolie profile image60
      dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You had me up to "maybe I should have been born a man" Have you read some of the forums written by men that are just as whiny and dramatic as the women?  I think people get caught up in their emotions and instead of just having a discussion are actually trying to "persuade" others to think like they do. It's really trivial and ego-maniacal. I just remove my emotions from it all and say "Whatever".

4. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

I think sometimes certain people pretend to take it serious for the shear enjoyment of annoying others. Now I don't mind reading these threads as Soap Opera land has become really boring of late .

Yeah diff to work out How to keep the Forums m ore interesting I think more intersting Topics.

1. profile image0
        poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i have a long memory, and i remember Mandybeau, the day you started of a comment in the forum that read something like;
        Are you one of those people, who when smoking flick ash all over everyone....

SO many people got upset, and it was hilarious, you can be so funny.......

1. Helen Cater profile image60
          Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about it is highly entertaining to read and can go on for days like the time I think it was Hot Hub insulted are non english writers. Where is she now i wonder?

1. profile image0

now you are getting it Helen

2. Friendlyword profile image61
          Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Guilty! I argue on the Political forum for the release and for some important topic I might be able to change someones mind on. But I admit, I love to mix it up for the drama. I Hope I dont get banned.I came close  a few time.

a few times

Hahhaahah tk to you it is an Artform  Hows ya
              Thank goodness you haven't left........Yawwnnnnnnn it gets boring, maybe I am a s.... Stirrer but all those people that never say a bad word, or argue, they must have festering great stomach ulcers.

You know what's up!

Yea, It's TK that gets me going with those one liners. He does it on purpose to start fights. He enjoys it! The truth is I do to. Ready for the next round TK?

No 'rounds,' just discussion.

And most of the time it was your fault. I aint fallin for it no more. I'm not gonna reply to anymore of your oneliners. If you want to have a discussion; then we can talk.

You look like a Bullydog, Tk. is a nice quiet and playful doggy. So any bites and we will know where they came from.

Exactly!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
                    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Only when hes had his shots -hehe

3. mandybeau1 profile image61

Yeah they all surface and tell me off. they love to vent..... I have saved a certain gent, alot of tummy ulcers, he even re opened one of my threads to tell me off, and I just thought DORK!!!!!!!!  But then I haven't named him, and I might even find it in my heart to fan him, if he ever writes anything worth reading.
          Now that doesn't consitute a personal attack does it......... Lol:) smile smile smile smile Working long hours so need to have fun.

5. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

No I just laugh at the wind up merchants as they are having fun anyway, so leave them to it!!

6. Jane Dee Summers profile image60
    Jane Dee Summersposted 14 years ago

Hello friendlyword,

I like a good finger fight. However, i do it toungue-in-cheek!

You sure can't go by the name friendly face though!

That face is so scary, I'm going to join your fan club.

1. Friendlyword profile image61

Thank you, I have not written a hub lately. But I really like mixing it up on the Political forum. I'll check out your hub as well.

7. NaomiR profile image75
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I'll state my point, but if I see that a person is just trying to stir things up, I'll back away.

8. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I haven't felt that way, but if I did, I would probably just let them have it! Why not? As long as you don't make things personal, I think it's all fair game!

9. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I don't ever feel like telling people off, but I'd really like to call out a few of the drama king & queens, who I think just want a boat load of attention, the whole "I'm leaving hubpages drama" and the "please don't go" attention they get is, I imagine, a bit of an ego boost for them.

Sometimes I just want to say - take a look outside, you are living in the real world, get over it, get on with it & do what you have to do. Quit asking a group of people on the internet if you missed me or will you miss me when I'm gone - I'm sure there is a song already written with these words smile

The exception to this is people who really DO need our support & congrats in their life events - new babies, new loves, marriage, reaching a hub milestone, etc..and the support one needs in a time of sickness, divorce, etc.

1. dejajolie profile image60
      dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol, thought I was wrong for thinking this very thing, I concur! You have made me your fan...;0

10. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I think I may have only when a racist appeared or maybe some guy like that Usmanali or what ever his name was appeared. Now he was something if y'all remember. He said awful things to BP

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is still with us Ralwus! smile

The hair on my back is standing on end, did you say Usmanali is among us nowwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UUURRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep. change of name and toned it down for a while. He is now in a grey shirt, (no face showing, the freemasons are still after him apparently!) In the last couple of days he has become even more visible by starting the whole zionist, humanist, freemason rant again! lol
          Nothing funny about his view on women, respect for fine hubbers like BP and Colebabie. He is still a homophobic zealot apparently. smile

1. Jewels profile image82
            Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thought that was him.  He's yet to overstep the mark with me though.  Maybe I don't press those buttons.

2. mandybeau1 profile image61

I knew that guy was him just the shirt..

11. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

well, it's all about keeping your cool isn't it? I just avoid all confrontation...(such a waste of energy)...but sometimes one just gets frustrated with people insulting each other here....so the answer: avoid the thread...and focus elsewhere!

12. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

If I didn't have to worry about getting banned, I'd just start spitting venom until they cried but I just leave the thread instead.

Nevwer worry about banning, just come back as BloodnLatex 1 then 2 ad nostrum.
      Hey are you doing Halloween this year.

This is my first time joining a Hub or anytype of blog. I dont even do facebook, myspace, twitter. I have alot of free time I did'nt have before retirement. I'm enjoying this alot. But can anyone tell me; are all blogs monitored this way?

There are some people that complain if you personally insult them, but it is Cyber world, and there really shouldn't be any restrictions. Save lewd talk or smutty stuff, an insult is hardly a biggy??????? So watch who you insult or don't insult anyone, but if you feel the need to insult someone, feel free to insult me I have been insulted by experts, There has never been an expert insult me on Hubpages. Just an amateur.

1. profile image0

How come it never affects you, are you just a very strong person, do you never get upset

My father was in the Military, we were not allowed to be anything other than tough as ... Plus this Country, only the tough survive eh PD and Eagle.
            Plus I have a fair amount of Irish blood as well as the frog and Hun lol:)

That so sweet of you. Bless your heart!  My problem is I'm into politics. I take it very seriously because it has a direct affect on my life. On the political forum right now there is a topic concerning the rights of gay people. I'm a gay man. I cant let some of the outrageous comments I hear go unchallenged. Some things you have to take seriously. I cant say "Whatever if someone is saying I dont have or deserve the same rights as everybody else. Sorry about the drama. Sometimes it's necessary.

'effect'

13. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

Yes I've had a go.  It was 'character building', no regrets.

Way to go Jewwels, er did it resulty in a Public humiliation, and banning by the Team......unable to defend yourself. Well seemingly I always find a way to do anything I want..... hahahaha

The opposite, I believe I may have publicly humiliated the other person, but after 9 months of reading this person telling porky pies it had to be done.  I was initially as tactful as I could be, then he went for my jugular, and I gave it back to him.  I was not banned because of the way I did it.  It was quite intense for awhile but I believe other forum regulars were pleased it was happening too.  Nonetheless I don't use the forums for a place to bash other people.  But sometimes...........things get heated.

I agree I am actually a very cool calm and collected individual, I just love a laugh, happy to laugh at others laughing at me, cool to tell me where to go and I would never never ever push the stupid report Button.

We need more like you around here!

Well I agree we need more of you too TK trouble is all the Avators would be so similiar we may get confused hahahaha:)

14. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

hub pages becomes a bit like a family, when you see someone getting hurt you jump in to defend them and end up getting hurt yourself, if you are not careful....... ]#

The thing that is missing is the huge hugs at the end when all is calm.  on the whole hub pages is positive, but the real world is tough and maybe we toughen up on here a little, who knows...

Mandybeau i was delighted to see you back, you are very funny, i like you a lot

(((poetlorraine))), there you go, hugs abounding. smile

15. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I don't take much of anything on here seriously (unless it's something that ought to be taken seriously, like HubPages announcements, of course).  I like debate or silliness - doesn't matter.  I admit to getting a giant kick out of the occasional soap opera on here.   lol

I have trouble saying nothing when someone writes one of those "anti-women" posts.  I'm not one to "tell off" with name-calling, though. 

mandybeau1, some of your most memorable threads were in the "how do we if a Hubber is dead" (or insane or whatever) "series".  Those kicked around for ages.   lol

Oh yeah Fierycj started that what a mental post, it really deserved my stupidest remarks, honestly, I couldn't believe he started it. Where is he.?????????????????? Hell hope he is still with us.

16. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

mandybeau (1), Fierycj is around.  He wasn't around for a while, and people were asking about him.  Then he came back and said he'd been working (or something like that).  Anyway, he's around.

1. candice5 profile image58
      candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then I will loook out for him at the Oscar Awards Ceremony, walking along with maybe Angelina Jolie, or someone like that.
      Lol

2. mandybeau1 profile image61

He changed his Avator to a mans face no one I recognised. Well not your movie star type. so don't know what that was about, hes mostly a Fire feature,
      Glad hes o.k.

17. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Yes, but if someone is being ridiculus in the real world I do the same, my wife hates it. PC I ain't!

18. profile image0
    Star Witnessposted 14 years ago

I like silliness, debate, differing view points, etc., I simply cannot stand (here or in life) varying shades of stupid or abuse.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)