religion

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (46 posts)
  1. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

Are you mad at god? yes or no answers preferable .

1. Jewels profile image83
      Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like your setting the scene for some preaching.  I sense some scriptures in the air. lol

1. aware profile image67
        awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well your spidy senses are way off.i don't follow any religion.and haven't read the bible or Koran or Torah
        definition 5 in Websters dictionary however i have read .it defines god as any deified object or thing.its my personal fave .  many who dont believe in god ideas go crazy at this question.when its very simple that if you don't believe in any god you cant be mad at it.so your answer would be simply no.

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, but I got mad at the Catholic Church and left it. Never left God however. To me, by faith, God is real.

Jon

2. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

No.  There is always a bigger picture!

3. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

There is no reason to feel angry at God.  He has given us everything including the tools to progress and be happy.  We've been given hands to work, a heart to love and a mind to reason.  We are still in His image.  We are all given the same opportunity of the end result.  If you'd like me to go into that I will upon request.  However, all the ills we engage in and see others involved in are in large part caused by us as a people. 

Some things are not though.  Many are permitted to suffer grave infirmities not that they are bad people or "deserve" what they have but rather as an opportunity for us, as everyone else, to progress by exhibiting compassion and care for those individuals.  It is, in essence, a God given opportunity to serve "even the least" of us. 

I truly believe that there are those born into this world whose salvation is already assured but exist here in a helpless state whether it be a mental or physical disability.  I believe that many of these are here for our test and progression.

4. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I was angry at him for 50 years. Then I realized I was really angry at me. Then I became aware of many new things, and I'm not sure there is a God. I have more questions than answers, but I feel more peace now.

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know, when we are young we think we know everything, but as one gets older, it is realised the less we know.  Wisdom is knowing how much more there is to learn. x

5. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

No.

6. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

silly question.

7. profile image0
    Maximus591posted 14 years ago

Being mad at something that doesn't exist is more like a sign of madness.

If I was mad at pink faeries, how many would consider me sane?

If anyone answers yes to this question then they are failing to own their own personal anger.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And you look so smart too!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

How did you know I was mad at the pink fairies. lol

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol kmackey it wasn't the pink fairies I swear it was the green ones they are mischief makers big_smile

3. sooner than later profile image60
      sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm upset that I need to wear sunglasses to look at you. shiny

4. Jewels profile image83
      Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd think you were sane, mine were yellow.

8. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

No.

9. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Where are you guys getting all the pink fairies from?

What drugs do I need to take? smile

1. sooner than later profile image60

Every time you post, I figured you were high? You're not?

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am high on life and love. smile

10. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

hmm the question was worded very clear i thought . if were gona question the questions here  whats the point of even asking them. whats silly to me is makeing a simple yes or no answer into some kind of personal rant debate on the significance of it

1. profile image0
      Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Beacuse your question has underlying depths that cow-tows to the faith heads.

For intelligent, rational non-believers there is but one answer : No!  Even deigning the answer with a No is really quite beneath me.

But for the ditzy minded faith-heads such a question will throw their limp little minds into such confusion it would genuinely be difficult for them to answer.

hahahah.

1. Valerie F profile image61
        Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Joke's on you for underestimating the "ditzy minded faith-heads."

I have no difficulty in answering the question.

Yes, there have been times when I was angry with God. And I got over myself. Whether or not God exists, it's stupid to be angry.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

Anger is an emotion. Your consciousness/awareness allows you to understand this. Therefore you can control it.

Anger in action. Is harmful not only to yourself, but does society no good either.

11. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

I thought that it was a good question. You will not get an answer from the ones who are mad at God. They don't engage past miniscule insults.

12. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

max dang bro just answer for yourself. you seem to wana speak for everyone else.but when it comes to answering for you . that you consider  below  you. you posted no that your not mad at god. but its plane to me that your the most angry person to respond to the ? yet .

1. profile image0

You appear confused, my friend. 

Did the pink faeries get to you too?  smile

2. profile image0

I cannot answer your question in the way you want me to. Because if I did so, it would be a tacit admission on my part for the existence of God.

Your question on the surface is simple but has many layers. If you cannot deal with the answers that people give you, then you really shouldn't ask the question.

1. sooner than later profile image60

Even the devil believes in God.

Hey Marine.

Does bartending keep you out of the sun?

3. Evolution Guy profile image59
      Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why are you so angry that you need to make up an invisible super being to vent at? Are you having trouble coping with life? Have you considered alcohol as an alternative to starting forum threads to attack people who do not follow your ridiculous beliefs?

LOL!

2. aware profile image67

I don't follow any religion .I also know that no one believes or can believe as I do.I dislike like minded ideas about gods. I didn't post my beliefs.Nor did i ask for others to define theirs. I asked a simple yes or no question . If someone dose not believe in the idea of gods . That is perfectly  ok by me. And their answer would be a very simple no.

1. Evolution Guy profile image59
          Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

So there wer no sumption that goid exixstrs in ur kwestion then?

MY mistake. I think that u dun b thinking there b a god.

How incredibly assumptive of me to assume that you believed in god by asking this question that ass umes there is one.

Sorry.

I cannot answer this ridiculous question then. You "appear" to think there is a god.

So - no yes or no answers until you answer wat u believe.

2. Cagsil profile image70

Hey aware, did you read my post about your question?

If not, then let me say it again.

Your question- Are you mad at GOD? Yes or No preferably.

This question implies "God" exists- as fact.

If someone to answer: Yes, then obviously that person believes in god.

If someone to answer: No, then obviously that person believes in god.

God don't exist.

It's irrelevant to ask a question of this form. What difference would it matter if someone was mad at a mystical figure or not.

It's not relevant.

13. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i worship Hello Kitty wink

14. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

oh and the answer is No

15. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

No. I'm mad at the fire alarm in my dorm going off at 4am for half an hour yikes

1. aware profile image67

lol i see how that would ruin your day. ty  for the reply .good luck with your studys

16. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago
  17. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey aware,

Are you mad at God? Yes or No answers preferably.

This is a double-edged sword based in mysticism.

To answer either way- means you believe god at least exists.

If you say Yes- acknowledges he exists.

If you say No- again, acknowledges he exists.

God doesn't exist.

18. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

Which god are you referring to?  There have been 100s of gods during the 10,000 years of mankind.  So exactly which one are you referring to?

And, no, I'm not mad at any of the fake idols or wizards up in the sky smile

10,000 years?

It that all you think humankind has been around for?

Hint: check on newly updated scientific evidence, which proves life has been here longer than that.

1. TimTurner profile image69
        TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol 50,000 years the...who cares...just makes my point even stronger. smile

19. Blake Flannery profile image93
    Blake Flanneryposted 14 years ago

If I got mad at God, my anger would hurt me more than it hurts Him.  It's not worth it.  Like giving myself a hernia trying to lift the Eiffel Tower with my bare hands.  No point, only pain.

20. profile image0
    LEWJposted 14 years ago

Religion---just what the hell is that?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)