Another milestone

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Well, I did not brag for a while, did I?

Right now I have 200628 on my total views counter. Something to celebrate. smile

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/cheerleader.gif

http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/approval.gif

http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/party_time.gif

I stole Fox's emotes. tongue

1. profile image0
        RFoxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow, the cheerleader outfit looks good on you SirDent! wink

2. Shirley Anderson profile image71
      Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow Misha, congratulations!  That is very, very impressive!  I'm sure that follows a lot of hard work, but if not....what's your secret?  You can tell us, we won't breathe a word to anybody.  wink

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Shirley, there is no secret here. As I already answered on the previous page:

The secret is called keyword research and promotion, and it is not a secret at all - but a lot of tedious work.

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71

The part about lots of work I expected you to say.  I guess I expected the rest of it too, but as Eileen pointed out originally, it takes us dinosaurs a little longer to understand these things (assuming we ever do) even if it's been explained to us.  I'm still waiting for my 'ah-hah!' moment, though I'm starting to sort of understand how to do some stuff.

Luckily, I've managed to do some of it by accident.  smile

2. profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/cheerleader.gif

http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/approval.gif

http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/party_time.gif

3. crashcromwell profile image67
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

Wow! You've got six hubs and over 200,000 hits in eight months? I feel so inadequate!

4. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Thanks guys smile

Rachelle, you are always cheerleading us! big_smile

Crashcromwell, I usually prefer quality to quantity. There is really no reason to feel inadequate, whatever your count is. You can always improve it if you wish smile
    And to tell you the secret, there are many people here who are doing way better than me smile

1. crashcromwell profile image67
      crashcromwellposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Misha....I have been pleased to see my total traffic increase to just a hair under 1000 for all my hubs. In fact, last count I was sitting at 998.

Being an old newspaper guy, I associate readers with circulation. So if I've got more page hits, I know my circulation is increasing.

5. stephhicks68 profile image88
    stephhicks68posted 15 years ago

Fabulous!!  200,000 hits!  Great work, Misha.  You are an inspiration to many.  smile

6. kpfingaz profile image66
    kpfingazposted 15 years ago

Good work. Still got like 70,000 to catch up to where I'm at.

7. Inspirepub profile image71
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Congratulations and well done!

The big question, though, is whether that translated into the estimated $400-$1000 in extreme wealth that would be predicted if you were "average" here wink

Jenny

P.S. Just joking, no need to publicise your income if you don't want to.

8. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Thanks guys smile

Steph, I'm glad I can be of some help smile

Kpfingaz, I'll be there in no time wink

Jenny, as of now it is $907.46 since I started to track hubpages separately around New Year. smile

9. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

Misha, I'm serious...can I pay you to set up my "system" to make money? Technology has really got one over on me!

10. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

Amazing!!!
    Misha you have done well.
    Any secret?
    I wish you better.
    Earn and enjoy!
    jyoti kothari

11. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

That's a truly impressive achievement from 6 hubs.
    Especially when none of them have the words "Sexy Photo Gallery" in the title big_smile

Well done. I hope that I can eventually attract that number of eyeballs too.

12. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Thanks guys smile

Eric,
    LOL yeah, naked celerities' computers are not my favorite thing to hub about for sure.

Jyoti,
    The secret is called keyword research and promotion, and it is not a secret at all - but a lot of tedious work.

Jewel,
    I'm too busy with my own stuff to commit to external projects, but I'll take a look at your hubs and may come up with some suggestions. Of course free of charge. smile

13. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

Congratulations Misha!  smile  I'd like an ice cream treat please...hehe

14. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Do you have any ice-cream delivery over there Michelle? wink

15. ripplemaker profile image78

no there is no ice cream delivery.  but i can buy ice cream for ten to pesos per cone.  Would you donate a dollar for that?  lol

16. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

It's not that romantic, you know sad
    What is your Paypal account? I'll send smile

17. ripplemaker profile image78

lol

i don't think the philippines has a paypal account yet...well, not the last time i checked.
    there goes my ice cream. sad

18. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

http://bilderkiste.de/phpcliparts/media/smilie_eiscreme.gif
    Then it's the only thing I can think about big_smile

19. ripplemaker profile image78

lol

okay just give my share to your 4 your old (son or daughte?)

20. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL thank you smile
    4 years old son and 2 years old daughter.

You reminded me of the last summer, when I went with both of them to the Zoo and bought them ice-cream over there. Well, 3 and 1, and they ate it themselves, and you can imagine how their faces and hands looked after that, and I did not have any napkins left big_smile

So I just licked them both, and got a nasty look and "This is gross" from a passing by teenager yikes lol

21. ripplemaker profile image78

big_smile  cute.  What's their names?

if i can't eat one now, at least they get to eat smile
    because of our rehearsals for the past month for our musical, we've been banned eating sweets.  Well, since we had our last show last night, now I can eat ice cream! 

never mind my cough heheh disobedient child-me!

22. Eileen Hughes profile image62
    Eileen Hughesposted 15 years ago

Congratulations Misha.  Well  like everyone else I keep on trying one day.... maybe you should give us all lessons.

I sure could do with them.  I cannot even work out the rss.  I think I have got it on google but got no idea what I did now or what I do next.  Ithink some of it is another language for us oldies grey nomads.

I have read the instructions..... but.... anyway congratulations you sure have the right tech... with only 6 hubs  I have got one with over 1000 views and 2 with 900  thats my best ones

Amen to all of that Eileen!  They should have instructions for us, maybe something along the lines of 'Technical Stuff for Elderly Dummies & Baby Boomers'.

1. Dorsi profile image89
        Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow that's alot of readers! That is wonderful Misha and congratulations.

You are an inspiration for many of us!

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
        Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, you can be test pilots for an e-book I'm writing if you like.
        It's written in plain English, and is about the things that Technically Terrified people need to know before before they venture out into the big world of setting up their own websites. Or paying someone to set a website up for them.

I'd like to hear about the sort of  things that people would like to see in such a book, so that I can see if my content is on the right track.

If anyone here is interested, I'll start a forum thread about it.

(Sorry Misha for hijacking your thread. I'll send you you a million in compensation if you like.)

23. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Nicely done Misha. You have almost as many as me. I have a few more hubs that you though lol

Interesting that the earnings are about the same too.

24. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

Congrats Misha! Very impressive.
    regards Zsuzsy

25. Bob Ewing profile image64
    Bob Ewingposted 15 years ago

A hearty congratulations.

26. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Thanks a lot guys smile

Mark, imagine you get an amount of traffic I have to all your hubs. Simple math:

$900*(145/6)*(10/8) = $27000! Not exactly enough to retire, but definitely something noticeable big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol

Yes I know. Imagine if you had as many hubs as me. Simple math:

$900*(145/6)*(10/8) = $27000! Not exactly enough to retire, but definitely something noticeable big_smile big_smile lol

We can be partners big_smile

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL and LOL
        You definitely have a point smile
        Well, I'm not ready for partnership right now cause marketing efforts for my own stuff take all of my time and then some, but when I figure it out and outsource to your people wink, we can have a deal big_smile

27. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Well, ladies, you are not that old as you are pretending, you are still pretty looking smile

I believe I posted the link several times on these forums, and I can do it here, too http://www.seofaststart.com/

I believe it is the single best resource for beginners. Download an read ebook, then explore the site. It is free smile

Thx Misha, for the compliment  smile, the link, and your patience!

When it comes to understanding some of the new stuff, I feel older than dirt.

28. drummer boy profile image61
    drummer boyposted 15 years ago

congrats.

29. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL no sweat, you can have it all for yourself smile

30. Just_Rodney profile image69
    Just_Rodneyposted 15 years ago

Great going there!

31. funride profile image68
    funrideposted 15 years ago

Congratulations Misha! wink

I still have a lot of work to do in the next couple of months to catch up your numbers lol. You´re really an "divine" guidance to us all big_smile.

Have fun!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)