What exactly is God's will?

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (233 posts)
  1. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

What does god really wants us to do?

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Find the god in you. smile

topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and that does what again?

Absolute bliss and magic what everyone is searching for. smile

and i can't have bliss if i don't search for God? is that a fact?smile

1. Jewels profile image82
              Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You don't have to be looking for God to find bliss.  Don't even be concerned about the word God, it's not necessary.

2. mohitmisra profile image60

Nothing you will find comes close to the bliss of god.

how do you know this for a fact again?

Cause I have come across god .

how do you know it's him? i mean if i focus on the three little pigs and gave my heart to them would i have the same bliss since i convinced my self that they are the answer?

3. mohitmisra profile image60

I repeat not the bliss of god, nothing compares to it and you need to experience this for yourself in order to understand. smile

so you've experienced the bliss of following buddha already? you probably have since you're so sure about the bliss from god=)

Not following but being the Buddha.

2. C.V.Rajan profile image60
          C.V.Rajanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You become wantless.

so is wanting bad?

1. C.V.Rajan profile image60

Yes that's what great religious masters say. You may have your basic wants, but you are freed of desires to acquire that wants. Your wants will be taken care of by the higher force once you reach that level.

what if i'm happy wanting things and working hard for them and having the feeling of being proud of myself for accomplishing things by not wasting the gift of capabilities that god gave me to it's fullest? is that so bad?

1. tantrum profile image60
                  tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's really good
                  Wanting things,material or not ,makes us alive.

No actually it is good one needs to burn out his desires and wants.

2. Jewels profile image82

Wantings are good until you no longer need them.  Until you know you don't want for anything, you can let go of wantings.  But until that time comes, enjoy yourself.

very nicely said. smile

then why do I need god?

You come from him, you are god ,its gods desires that you are carrying out.

If God is defined as something outside of yourself, then you don't need that.

3. mohitmisra profile image60

Not really at the same time you will materialize yourself for your wants and desires.Its when you want nothing that the magic of god happens.

2. monaz profile image60
      monazposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It sounds a bit difficult to understand.But I think we create our God by our beliefs and thoughts.God is not something external.He is part of our mind........our thought process.So lots of people do a lot of things thinking it is what God wants them to do.
      So is God subjective?
      May be.

well said=)

3. profile image53
      The Matrix Travelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Know thy self.

4. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No will...just pure randomness!!!

5. paulhvv profile image59
      paulhvvposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To keep quiet and do some listening. Read between the lines togunjager. If this is a real question, you will hear. That might be a start. Knowing God is a personal thing and the real answer will be between you and Him.

i've known him eversince i was 3, i've had more faith than anyone here ever possibly could, it just stopped making sense the more you do some "real thinking"smile

1. paulhvv profile image59

The biggest problem we all, unbelievers and christians alike have, is loving the things of this world the pleasures that it offers. I believe we can do all things but it is not really going to give us peace unless we do it in a moral and respectful way. I believe God helps me to see this line and I try not to cross it. It is hard, living this way is not easy. It takes restraint from my part, each moment of the day.
          I believe I get help from God through the Holy spirt to overcome the things that I think are sin.
          To define sin; to me sin means doing the things that I know is wrong and then still do it. That is what I believe Jesus died for so that we might have a good life from now and forevermore.
          It is a real experience for me, each second of the day. You live your life and think the thoughts that you wish to. I myself will not judge you or critizise you. In the spirit of peace and the love given to me by my Lord and saviour I only wish you to have a good life on earth with peace and joy. Do what makes you happy.

thanks for the wish, it shows how much you really care. i also wish for world hunger to end, i guess i don;t have to do much now since i wished for it=)

Don't you think it makes me sad to see a minority, compared to the majority having a fortune in their bank accounts earning money(interest) when people starve. I have asked God this question. It all boils down to mans free will. Once given, it can't be taken back against our will. Mankind has really made a hash of things and I believe the only way things will ever be right is with His help.
              True believers not the pretend kind Have kindness,meekness,patience,gentleness,compassion,understanding,love their fellowman irrespective of whether they believe or not.
              Please bear in mind we also have the negative aspects of the above yet each day the balance of each bad personalty trait such as selfishness, anger, hatred, disrespect and such, is transformed within me i.e. the balance is leaning more to the good than the bad. For this I give the credit to God.
              Leaving me to my own devices, I can not change.

maybe you should preach about doing real good things to help your fellow man, don't you find it disturbing that all the believers preach about is believing in god? i'm sure the hungry children in the world and "god" would appreciate it if you can help feed these innocent little angels so we won't have more criminals in the future=)

Get to know god and you will change drastically for the better and not for the worse.You will be kinder than before.

And with his heart many will be helped even more.

2. paulhvv profile image59

Believe means trusting,relying on and clinging to.
                  We need to be transformed from within. to clear selfishness,greed,envy,pride,lust...before we can give. Some like you are gifted, not so with the majority. keep up the good work. Every bit helps.

i'm helping more people than a lot of believers here, i don't think i have to know god to be a "decent human being" if he;s real, i'll have plenty of time to know him when i meet with him, but for now, i like to focus on things that will actually make a difference in the lives of people. i'm sure you know who mother teresa is, she's not known for her faith in god but she's an inspiration to a lot of believers out there. she will forever be remembered for the "things she did" not for the "things she said". if you believers are really as good as you make yourself out to be, maybe you should look at mother teresa, it would be nice if believers knows what  matters like she does=)

6. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Live your life, and be what he created you to be; Human. You have been given a gift beyond compare and so many of us are wasting it in debate and conjecture all the while time slips by. I wonder if one day standing before God he might ask, "What have you done? I gave you this great thing with the ability to use it however you like and you did nothing but wait to die." Live your life, spend every day doing all you can, and the rest will come on its own.

damn right=)

7. profile image0
      Jawa Lunkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God's will for us is simple;

1. That all come to a knowledge of the Truth which is Salvation and reconciliation through Jesus Christ.

2. That we receive the promise of the Father to enable us to serve Him.

3. To take the Truth to all people and all nations, baptising in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey all that Christ commands.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
        Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOLOLOLOL

Translation - "Make war until mankind is no more."

Scum religionists have been doing this for 1800 years. sad Oh well - that is what god wants I suppose. sad

1. CQuest55 profile image60
          CQuest55posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, God provided a way of escape through Christ Jesus from all the evil He knew man would engage in.  Nevertheless, He gives every man a choice to have life more abundantly or to die and go to hell.  God wants man to love Him and his neighbor not to war, however, God uses even our foolish fighting to bring about peace. Our God is a good God and He only wants good for us.

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

Really.....hmmm....?

2. profile image0

typical response.

Don't ask what one belives, or about the history of his belief, just ignorantly claim intellectual supperiority and attack them.

Sad.

Hate to break it to you, but educate yourself, communists are athiests.

Chinese and Japanese believe the Emporer is god.

Eqyptians believed Pharoah was god.

Hitler abandoned his faith as well.

So you see, many of the "wars" you speak of were perpetrated by those with no religion (athiests), or those who put their faith in a man and called him god.

Books are a wonderous thing.

LOL

Yet another ignorant religionist.

Not really understanding your argument here.

It is OK to have religious wars because some non-religious people have them too?

And this is morally superior because......?

I though being god fearing was better? No? Just the same?

Almost as though it made absolutely zero difference whatsoever?

Like there was no god?

And all the garbage you spouted earlier was meaningless crap that will result in more and more wars? But that is OK because Hitler (Catholic - made war on the Jews) was really an atheist? LOL

And hey - you are the one who thinks the invisible super being wants you to spread the hatred. I don't care where you get such ridiculous ideas from. And if you are to ignorant to see that your god's will causes noting but conflict. Well I suggest reading a few of those history books you obviously did not read. wink

1. profile image0

There is no point in debating with you, because anyone with a second grade education can see that I was not saying it was "OK" to make war, but pointing out your error in saying "religion" was the reason for war.

I would respond to the rest of your post, but there are far too many errors, and far too much ignorance to address in a forum.

but I can say this, you have no clue who God is, nor are you willing to learn, so there really is no point in a discussion with you.

You have nothing to teach me. You are unable to see that your opening statement as to what is god's will is guaranteed to cause war and conflict.

It does not make it any better that there are other non religious reasons for wars and conflicts. And does not change the fact that it does cause conflicts. Your pathetic assertion that there are other causes of conflict does not make it any better. In fact - why did you even bring them up if not to distract away from the fact that your ridiculous beliefs are responsible for too many conflicts already?

What exactly are you going to teach me? How to be a condescending hypocrite? No thanks. wink

Your god does not exist.

8. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What does GOD want me to do?
        He wants ME to be happy.
        He don't want me to make anyone else un happy while I am being
      happy. I think that about sumes it up if ya think about it.

OH I almost forgot... He don't want us ti forget where the happy first came from.

2. C.V.Rajan profile image60
    C.V.Rajanposted 14 years ago

Please see whether this article is of help to your query:
    "Understanding Free will and God's will"
    http://hindu-practice.suite101.com/arti … _gods_will

3. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

are there absolutes, how do you know you reach the absoulte state??

The absolute state is Death

Hi  pretty ! big_smile

1. C.V.Rajan profile image60

The absolute state, according to Hinduism, is not death but deathlessness. At that state, you realize you are not the body, you are not the mind, you are not the intellect, your are not the ego -- but you are Atman, the birthless, the deathless. Your physical body dies, but the real YOU doesn't.

Well, so we agree then..
          That's what I'm talking about
          The body dies.
          We are in this world, at the moment. What happens next ,is another thing.
          The absolute state  for us in this world , at this moment, is Death.

Tantrum, what do you mean by absolute state?  Do you mean we are absolutely going to die?

In some spiritual streams physical death is a transition from one state of consciousness to another.  For a spiritual initiate it's to see the journey as a transition, not an end.

I'm talking about the body
              Isn't that clear enough ??
              what happens afterwards, you don't know for sure.
              I'm talking about FACTS, not FAIRY TALES .

You don't know doesn't mean no one else knows.

lol lol lol
                  Pleassseee ! Not again !
                  I'm being civil enough as not talking to you !

Fair enough for you if you like.  I don't find my altered states of consciousness fairy tales, but perhaps you do.  That's cool.

Fact is your body is a rotting carcass in the process of dying as we speak.  Worm fodder.

Fact - consciousness transitions from a physical vehicle to a non physical vehicle.  I've experienced this, it's no fairy tale.

For me that rxperiences, are mind games.
                  I believe in Me. Stark naked soul.
                  that I will find when dead. the mind is all illusion. Mind games.

That's cool. It's your standpoint and not my job to force my experiences onto you.

I've just had too many of them.  I'm a cynic by nature.  These are very physical, tactile experiences.  It's not just my mind involved, as in thoughts.  But I totally understand that most think it's delusional.  It does become frustrating not being able to pass the experience, but in all seriousness, if the 'other' person doesn't have the same or similar experiences, it's impossible not to sound like an idiot!

2. profile image0
          Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

4. topgunjager profile image60

does god really want us to search for him when we'll meet him soon enough anyway? why is it that nobody talks about loving and caring for one another? if you were god do you really want all that attention or would you rather have your children take care and love one another and reward them for their unselfishness when the time comes?

Love for all is taught by the prophets as they know the one in all.

5. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hi Sneako! Good morning.

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Good morning to you! We're having a garage sale wanna come?

7. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the invite, but I have to go fairly soon.  Just wanted to show off my "99" while it's still there. lol

8. topgunjager profile image60

peace man, i don't have all day to trade insults with you today, i don;t really have to anyway, you insult yourself, take care buddy=)

9. C.V.Rajan profile image60

Topgunjager said:
    "what if i'm happy wanting things and working hard for them and having the feeling of being proud of myself for accomplishing things by not wasting the gift of capabilities that god gave me to it's fullest? is that so bad?"

There is nothing wrong in that provided you are aware of the limitations on all these, say great Hindu masters.

You want many things, work hard for it and hope to enjoy out of it, but in the process you also get lots of miseries; sacrifices that you made today to enjoy certain things, look to be unnecessary and painful upon a fresh review at a later age. Joy and pain seem to be given to us as two sides of the same coin; the more we work hard to get rid of the pains and maximize joy only, we seem to get the reverse more.

Again many of the gifts we possess seem to lose their value over time. An actor/ musician/dancer enjoys limelight for a specific period and someone else enters into their arena soon and edge the veteran from out of limelight. Over a period, even the so called legends are forgotten.

You said being proud. Pride is another thing that great Hindu spiritual masters constantly warn you off. The more we are proud, the more trouble we get into. A politician becoming very successful in one election becomes too proud of his accomplishment and his egotism paves the way for his downfall in the next election.

Hindu masters wants us to be awake to all these realities of life and want us to seek our true nature inwards. It is not in the outer world that the bliss exists(bliss is a feeling free of joy --joy in the worldly sense and pain coming attached to it as in a coin). This is precisely what Jesus said in "the kingdom of God is within you"

10. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

im the sole beneficiary. its in gods will

11. topgunjager profile image60

it just makes me sick how selfish some of you people can be, all you care about is sucking up to god so he'll let you in his kingdom, nobody gives a crap about anybody else. how can you people ignore all the things the less fortunate people go through? there's too much believing and not enough real caring. is it because it's easier to pray for god than to actually give real help to people? the world is not going to be better by the things you say, it will heal by the things you do.

So what do you do?

i donate food, i'm actually sponsoring two kids from the philippines, i "always" collect clothes to be donated and i don't preach to people when I can lend a helping hand=)

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi everyone, Hi top, wazz up?

Yo cannot preach without god knowledge, do what you can in your capacity.
          What are you going to preach?
          Have you ever heard of the Buddha or Jesus, the ones who worked for god in order to help uplift humanity, a higher purpose?

oh yeah, we're all definitley uplifted now=)

Cannot force you to understand .

2. topgunjager profile image60

if you really care, maybe you should stop preaching, i'm sure you know what  preaching does, separates people and creates confusion. if you are really as good as you make yourslef out to be, why don't you get off your butt and be an example, i'm not sure if you know but actions speak louder than words my friend=)

Be polite or I will be ten times ruder to you, I have been very patient with you till now
              It has taken me close to ten years to put my book together and I will work in spreading god knowledge for the rest of my life,
              so take it east boy .

how the hell was that rude preacher? because you're too lazy to actually do something about what goes around you everyday? it's not my fault that you don't have any respectable answer, just because you can't have anything significant to argue about doesn't mean i'm rude. and pls. don't call me boy, look at how you speak 1st, you call that being patient? i could really care less if you;re rude to me or not, i;d rather you be rude so you can help me prove my point. why don;t you act like you preach? it shouldn't be too hard since "you know who you are" right?smile

Get of your butt, ranked next to the Bible and Quran , you think that is not rude?
                  Dont you have any decency? we are on a religious forum.

no it's not. i'm trying to talk to people to do something for the world and all you do is make people believe, there's already too much believing and still not enough real caring for the children of god. we already know the results of preaching, it just creates more preachers. try and see what the results of doing is my friend before you act all noble on me.

2. topgunjager profile image60

don't you think it's not rude to push your shnit to people who doesn't want to hear it?

12. topgunjager profile image60

and you've done what besides preaching?

13. topgunjager profile image60

hi pretty, you're always looking pretty by the way=)

14. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

thanks, you have a good day...

15. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

How entertaining !

16. topgunjager profile image60

i'm sure the "hungry children in the world would rather be fed than hear about god" mr. noble man, you obviously don't know how to save someone=)

Do you think I have never fed hungry children and you are the only one to do so and are so great?

yes because i'm the only one making it important in any conversation=) try doing it sometime and see what it does for you soul=)

I have and still do and don't even mention it, grow up.
          I have also written about a master preaching and a hungry man on hub pages, look it up and then you will get a better understanding of my philosophy as right now you have none.

i don't need to grow up my friend, maybe you should, i don't believe in the talking snake anymore so i don't need to grow up=)

Fine , wake up.

dude, i'm not the one meditating to find god, i don't need to wake up=)

Then you will never understand this philosophy or higher truths of life.

if i had the same philosophy as you do i'll end up spending ten years trying to write a book when i can make a real difference. I'm sure the kids in africa would really appreciate your 1 dollar a day instead of hearing you preach about god=)

2. paulhvv profile image59

You are quite right I don't. I leave that up to God for He chooses, who He wishes to have in His Kingdom.

you're right, these hungry 2 year olds might actually be bad people, let's leave it up to god if he wants to rain food or not, just sit back and watch, we don't have to do anything=)

Do you know that surveys carried out found religious or people who believe in god more charitable.?
          Do you wonder what you are missing out on?

it's funny, none of you ever ty to push charitablility here, maybe you should start preaching about that and see what results you're gonna get=)

We just don't make it out to be such a big deal as you do.

and you're going to heaven how? it's easy to ignore the real difficulties our "brothers are facing" because if you ignore it, then you wouldn't have to do anything, and you found bliss and nobility how again?

Been fun, enjoy, till later all.

Surveys have found believers to be more charitable than non believers.
                  My work will help humanity for thousands of years to come, I have dedicated the last seven years of my life as a full time poet.

2. tantrum profile image60

It's not going to be you, by the looks of it !

Hello tantrum
          Who knows maybe you are right for even the very elect don't make it.

lol lol
            Yeah! you should take care. Look if you're doomed for ever !
            How sad !!

I am not here to argue, insult and demean anyone. I am here to answer a question  and answer it as best I can with my beliefs and sometimes my own opinions, I am well aware of differing opinions and respect yours but intolerance forget it. Should you wish to communicate with me.Do so in the same respect as I give to you or your comments will be ignored.

17. topgunjager profile image60

you know what, i'm not trying to make enemies here, i'm just here trying to make a difference and convert preachers into doers. i'm sure you all have good intentions but the world could really use the kindness of your heart=) watch this video, i know it's hard to take but how much longer are we going to ignore it?smile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYxVbpvR5-4

You will become kinder and more charitable after you come across god, right now you dont understand and the way for you is meditation.

children from poverty grow up to be bad people because no one showed them that somebody cares and that someone wants to be a part of their lives by helping them not because of the lack of the word of god, we can be a part of the process of creating more angels. i'm sure you've meditated enough=)

You are not the only one in the world who cares and gives to charity.

18. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Good morn everyone..  I have to go to work shortly but wanted to say something for everyone to think about

I'm sure this won't make any sense to some people but I do not that God really intended for there to be peace on earth among the living. In the spiritual realm yes.
        I say this because when life is going smoothly, everything going our way; Our true character is never seen. It is in times of strife that we can see what we are really are made of. After we really see ourselves we should make some adjustments in out thinking. Unfortunately after the time of trouble passes, most of us revert back to our old ways.
        I think that if we could hold onto these life lessons instead of "getting over them" there wouldn't be as many hungry children in the world. Greed and self worship causes everyone else to suffer in ways that we are not fully aware of .
        Also, self assuredness stands in the way of learning.
        Our minds should always remain open.

19. Daddy Paul profile image63
    Daddy Paulposted 14 years ago

"I'm sure this won't make any sense to some people but I do not that God really intended for there to be peace on earth among the living."
    Jesus said "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household."
    He said he did not intend for there to be peace.

20. Jerami profile image59

Our true character is hidden to ourselves and everyone else during times of bliss. I believe that the most important thing in this life is to really understand our own weaknesses.

Faults and weaknesses are kinda like the back side of our knee caps. I can see YOURS with much greater ease than my own. It takes much effort for me to see my own but it can be done.

And is well worth the effort.

21. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

I think this is one of the biggest reasons why I went from a right-wing Christian to an independent, spiritual person.  "God's" message was unclear and everyone that preached "God's word" were even more unclear and couldn't even agree amongst themselves.

Every great business has to have a mission statement and business plan.  Christianity may be a great business but the "customers" are starting to stray because of the unclear message and inconsistencies.

22. monaz profile image60
    monazposted 14 years ago

I think hell and heaven is right here.And we make it and decide where to spend our life.If you create hell that's where you live.If you create heaven that is your world and your choice.Nobody OUT THERE makes the decision.It is YOU.

23. C.V.Rajan profile image60

Mohit says:
    "Dude there are many here who understand and appreciate what I say, they are seekers of truth and can relate.Not everyone thinks a spiritual poet ranked so highly has no knowledge."

Mohit,

I am not able to come to any conclusion about the nature of  "illumination" you got based on the verbal tirade you unleash on others who refuse to believe your "greatness".

Sri Ramakrishna parmahamsa says "Some people after doing sadhana sincerely for a while might get a glimpse of light and with that they think they have attained everything and start preaching the world. Is God so small and easy to comprehend? To preach the world, one must have the "power of authority" from God. Only then people will listen. It's like one who does not even have space of his own to lie down, calling out "Sankara, you too come and lie with me!"

I don't deny that many things you write here on spirituality have substance and they have their source traceable to Hindu scripture, philosophy and thought. For that matter, ever tape recorders can faithfully reproduce spiritual discourses.

I am really amused by your repeated claims about your poems to be above bible, Koran, Gita,........ Who gave the ranking? Lord Krishna in your dreams? Or you are talking about Google search engine ranking? If I write "C.V.Rajan" in Google search, my name comes up on first 3 to 4 pages. Does it make me world-renowned?! Even my neighbor in the huge apartment next to my house many not know who I am!

Will an "enlightened" soul like you be so pre-occupied with your "rankings" in the web world? Will he be so particular to give tit-for-tat for every adverse comment that he receives here? A person, who cannot even command respect amidst a handful of people of varying religious leanings, beliefs and non-beliefs in Hubpages-forum, is going to "unite all the religions" through the dubious power of his poetry?

A truly illumined soul is one who has come out of the clutches of Maya and Ahankara (pride). You seem to be immersed neck deep in both. Where is the illumination? I don't even see a glimpse of candle light!

It's high time you stop bickering at the discussion boards about your so called illumination, stop writing your poetry at Hubpages and surrender to a Satguru to understand what illumination means!

Cannot force you to understand now you want to teach me about enlightenment, great. smile
      I am Krishna. smile
      Please read earlier posts before jumping to such foolish conclusions about my books rankings. smile
      I just got an email from someone here telling me how much patience I have and he likes the way I debate . smile

Sri Ramakrishna parmahamsa says "Some people after doing sadhana sincerely for a while might get a glimpse of light and with that they think they have attained everything and start preaching the world. Is God so small and easy to comprehend? To preach the world, one must have the "power of authority" from God. Only then people will listen. It's like one who does not even have space of his own to lie down, calling out "Sankara, you too come and lie with me!"

God has given me that power by rankings my work over Holy Bibles, Holy Qurans and Holy Bhagwat Gitas. smile
      You dont understand god or enlightenment.You are no one to tell me what to do.

Mohit is another name for Krisha.I work for god.

Rajan said :

'Will an "enlightened" soul like you be so pre-occupied with your "rankings" in the web world? Will he be so particular to give tit-for-tat for every adverse comment that he receives here? A person, who cannot even command respect amidst a handful of people of varying religious leanings, beliefs and non-beliefs in Hubpages-forum, is going to "unite all the religions" through the dubious power of his poetry?

A truly illumined soul is one who has come out of the clutches of Maya and Ahankara (pride). You seem to be immersed neck deep in both. Where is the illumination? I don't even see a glimpse of candle light!

It's high time you stop bickering at the discussion boards about your so called illumination, stop writing your poetry at Hubpages and surrender to a Satguru to understand what illumination means!'

Maybe you should listen more, instead of posting.

You said:

'I just got an email from someone here telling me how much patience I have and he likes the way I debate .'

1 e-mail ? lol
        I get dozens of them, telling me how a good poet I am !

This, makes me better than you ??

So much PRIDE is blinding you. You can't see the Light !!!!

Just got , doesnt mean I haven't got any more nice comments.You are unable to understand spirituality and higher truths but many are able to connect with what I am saying.

Who should I surrender to ? Ranked next to Jesus , Muhammad ans Krishna's words, the only entity I surrender to is god and being a poet I have done that a long time back.

Listen to what, this garbage about doing a google search to find book rankings? nonsense, google doesn't rank books .

I gained enlightenment at the age of twenty four, meditated and contemplated a lot after that .Started writing at the age of thirty and will be forty in Jan. Have dedicated years of my life for my book which will help humanity so Rajan has no idea what he is talking about as he knows nothing about me and hasn't read my book.

Pride blinds people.

24. C.V.Rajan profile image60

Dear Mohit "Krishna",

This is what "you" said to Arjuna at Kurukshetra in the form of Bhagavad Gita. Perhaps a projection of what Mohit "Krishna" would do in Kali yuga?!

"Filled with insatiable desires, full of hypocrisy, pride, and arrogance, holding evil ideas through delusion, they work with impure resolve" (XVI-10)

"This today has been gained by me; this desire I shall obtain; this is mine and this wealth also shall be mine in future. That enemy has  been slain by me, and others also shall I slay. I am the Lord. I enjoy. I am successful powerful and happy. I am rich and well born. Who else is equal to me? I will conduct sacrifice, I will give, I will rejoice" - thus deluded by ignorance, bewildered by many a fancy, covered by the meshes of delusion, addiction to the gratification of lust, they fall down to a foul hell" (XVI-13-16)

=== Hare Rama Hare Krishna! ===

C.V.Rajan

Franklin Top Spiritual and Religious
      2.Ponder Awhile-Mohit.K.Misra
      19.Bhagwat Gita
      25.Bhagwat Gita

Still want to blabber and call me evil? Then call Krishna evil as well.

@ mohit
        you say :
        'I have showed proof of my works rankings so many times.'

All that matters to you !
        you still can't SEE ?

nobody can help you then !!

Why cant you see?

waiting for your answer.

you've been answered by his silence and my replies
          do I have to post these a dozen of times, for you to realise ??

Stay out you never have anything intelligent to say.

lol
              you're still showing yourself !lol
              What a PRIDE you have ! lol

What happened cat got your tongue?

He'snot answering. He answered you before
            I think he's too intelligent.
            I think he's a wise man

Are you or Rajan ranked so highly or am I? What does he answer? If he has any sense all he can do is apologies for jumping to foolish conclusions .Let him answer.

25. tantrum profile image60

@ mohit
    So much PRIDE  is blinding you. It's not only my opinion but that of C. V. Rajan as well.
    It seems he has a clearer mind than yours
    Why can't you listen ?? Why can't you see ??
    you're displaying you PRIDE every time you post.
    I feel for you !
    you're so blinded by PRIDE !
    that you're digging your own grave !

Why should I take any ones nonsense ,Rajan doesnt know what he is talking about just like you.

Listen to what? He has not imparted any knowledge and on the contrary has just talked nonsense.

Sages from different communities , Christians ,Hindus and Muslims have complemented my work and give me love and respect , who is Rajan and who are you?
      Why the attitude?

I have showed proof of my works rankings so many times.

We are people with a mind, we know how to use it,  it seems!
        can't you see that you're still displaying PRIDE ?
        As I said yesterday, you're digging your own grave.
        Why don't you use your time, to learn how to SEE ?
        You're still blind !
        blinded by PRIDE !

26. tantrum profile image60

@ mohit
    you say :
    'I have showed proof of my works rankings so many times.'

All that matters to you !
    you still can't SEE ?

nobody can help you then !!

27. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

what do you want me to do, tantrum ?
    hehehe

If you don't know, how could I ? lol

28. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

I thought you were omniscient

thanks !! lol
      I'm not
      but i'm not blind as mohit ! lol
      FOOLISH PRIDE is not my thing

Are you ranked so highly or am I?
        You cannot compare yourself with me.

NO COMMENTS
          IT'S ALL ON DISPLAY
          your PRIDE , I mean ! lol

Are you ranked so highly or am I?

And here we go again !!!!....
              Bye Mohit!
              My compliments!
              you're the King of the Blinds !

You are leaving? awesome, god is kind,I repeat people like you ruin a religious forum with your non sense banter.

29. Jerami profile image59

When asked who he is GOD said ..."I AM"
                   MAYBE
        all that he wants us to do is ..."TO  BE"  and love each other.
        When we fulfill the true definition of LOVE we have kept all ten of the commandments.

BUT  then we started interpreting everything.
         I think that the   COMPULSION   to interpret was the substance of the APPLE that Adam and Eve ate ?????

To know and keep the commandments as good as possible is to know God as well as we know how ?????
            Maybe ???

1. profile image0

I agree, the commands that we are given is to love our neighbor (those without faith) as ourselves, to love our brothers (those with like faith), and to love God with all of our heart, mind, body and soul.

Love IS the central teaching which has been lost.

30. C.V.Rajan profile image60

Hare Mohit Krishna,

Thou art Krishna. Thou art Rama. Thou art Jesus, thou art Mohammad. And thou art the creator of Rama, Krishna, Mohammed, Jesus, and the mortal, ignominious, useless,worm like creature C.V.Rajan.

I surrender to thy feet. There is no truth other than you. There is no poem other than what you write. There is no book worth buying other than the book you sell.

Please forgive this meanest of the mean soul. I have lost all words to sing in praise of you. That's why all this silence. Please forgive me for this silence too. Please don't curse me to hell for all the sins I have committed.

Oh Rama, Oh Jesus, Oh Allah, Oh Jehovah, Oh me, Oh you, Tat twam asi, tat twamasi, "Thou art that!"

C.V.Rajan

Just be nice , that's all, don't tell me what to do, you are bringing bad karma onto yourself by trying to mock me,I am an enlightened poet spreading god knowledge, I don't need to curse you.

1. Stimp profile image61
        Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

C.V. .... Now we went through this already today didn't we?  Behave!!  LOL

lol

1. Stimp profile image61

Just sayin'......

31. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

That's for God to know and you to find out.

Have you figured it out yet?

1. Stimp profile image61

I think he wants me to learn Photoshop so I can make mo money, mo money, mo money   smile  I'm just sayin....

32. C.V.Rajan profile image60

Hi all,

Now the cat out of the bag.

I have no idea whether Franklin.com book selling site is an international authority to rank books on content quality or worth. But they have sorting functions to list the e-books they sell on various subjects.

Religion and spirituality is one such subject.

There you have listing for “books  under $5” , there you have sorting option in the order of “Popularity”

The listing based on popularity is as below as I checked the site just now:

1)    Kings James Bible
    2)    Through the gate way of death
    3)    Jesus the son of man
    4)    Commentry – Doctrine and covenants
    5)    And here comes our Illumined soul Mohit Mishra’s  book “Ponder a while” Price $1.5

The listing, mind you, is for <$5 books.

Mohit Mishra claims that he is somewhere at the top slot in the “Franklin top religion and spirituality books” – he is broadcasting it in innumerable blog sites – I just now googled and found out. It is he and he alone who cries loud in countless sites; he is crying hoarse and trying to advertise this way to sell his $1.5 holy book, poor fellow!)

If you list all books under “Franklin religion & spirituality” (without specifying price range) based on popularity, King James Bible (Price $39.55 is listed at top. Mohit’s book appears in 10th position (his book, I repeat costs, $1.5).

So, that’s the story; that’s for all the noise. That’s why God has taken birth in this earth in the name of Mohit. TO SELL A CHEAP E-BOOK @ $1.5 BY HOOK OR CROOK.

Man! I curse my self for engaging in serious talking with such an “illumined person”!

A humble request: Please help a poor man to eke out a living. $1.5 is next to nothing for most of you. Please, please go and buy Mohit's e-book.

C.V.Rajan

Link:

http://find.franklin.com/nav/ca/spiritu … r/ebooks/0

Have a look at my profile for other book rankings Rajan , then hopefully you will keep quiet.Was ranked 2 for many months and when I posted it yesterday,now rankings have slipped so what , is getting ranked in top 10 spiritual and religious books a bad thing? My work is still ranked over the Bhagwat  Gita, how come you failed to mention that?
      You said it was in my dreams ,correct?
      First read some of my work then jump to conclusions.

33. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

For god to have a will, wouldn't you need a god first? lol

lol lol lol lol

And, I am GOD of myself and you know what? I know what my will is too.

Damn I must be good.

2. profile image0

But you do  lol

34. CQuest55 profile image60
    CQuest55posted 14 years ago

opgunjager wrote:
    What does god really wants us to do?

God's will for us is simple;
    1. That all come to a knowledge of the Truth which is Salvation and reconciliation through Jesus Christ.
    2. That we receive the promise of the Father to enable us to serve Him.
    3. To take the Truth to all people and all nations, baptising in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey all that Christ commands.

Revelation beautifully said and I would like to add verses to this community to encourage God's people:
    2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV)
    We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ
    2 Peter 1:4-9 (NIV)
    4.Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. 5. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6. and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7. and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
    I like what Proverbs tells us in 
    4:4 He taught me and said,"Lay hold of My words with all your heart; keep My commands and you will live.
    5 Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget My words or swerve from them.
    6 Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.

I've got a few questions to ask.

One- If religion never existed, do you think you would believe in God?

Two- Do you know the 'core' understanding of your religion? If so, please do tell.

Three- Do you always quote scripture to answer questions? If so, why?

Four- What did you form your belief on? Was it a bible written by man?

Five- What exactly does "god's will" mean to you? In YOUR own words.

I am a man in seek of knowledge and understanding. I'm always interested in learning things about people and their belief forming system. It helps to understand the individual.

1. Stimp profile image61

Cagsil......be nice :LOL:  she's new.

1. Stimp profile image61

Welcome CQuest55 where you can never take ANYTHING personally.  sometimes stuff gets heated but it's all in fun. smile

2. profile image0

Greetings.

I will try to answer your questions;

One- If religion never existed, do you think you would believe in God?

Religion does not define God, but mans interpretation of who God is.  The sadduccees and pharisees for example were very religious, and this was displeasing to God because they had replaced the Word of God with the traditions of man.

Christianity/Judaism is not the only belief system to have religious leaders who err.  In every belief system we see man again and again trying to take that which is Holy, and make themselves part of the equation.

God is above our ways and thinking, through His Word revealed to us, we have but a glimpse of who He is, andn a shadow of understanding.  We should never try to take that which is higher than us and try to use it as a means of controlling others as so many crooked leaders have done through the centuries.

Two- Do you know the 'core' understanding of your religion? If so, please do tell.

The 'core' understanding is revealed through God's Holy Spirit and given to man in the written Word.  obviously the original written Word is not inn existance today, but, God's Holy Spirit revealed it to man in a way that, even when the Words are not exactly as originally written, the thoughts and actions are still evident in the writings, giving us an understanding of who God is, and that He wants to have a relationship with us that will last for eternity.  That relationship was broken when we disobeyed His commands, but is mended when we chose to a) Confess we have sinned against God, b) repent (or stop) sinning against Him, and c) trust in Him as our Lord and be counted among the believers who belong to the Kingdom of God accepting the payment that Jesus Christ made as a perfect sacrificial offering for the sins we committed against God, therefore freeing us from the power of sin and the debt we each owe to the creator for our sin against Him.

Three- Do you always quote scripture to answer questions? If so, why?

I don't always quote scripture, as you see in my previous post.  But it is helpful to those who wish to look these things up for themselves.  Believing the Word to be God revealed, where else would you look but to His revelation and Holy Word to find the truth.

Four- What did you form your belief on? Was it a bible written by man?

No.  I lived the first 28 years of my life my way without God.  i believed in many different systems of belief, everything from witchraft (now pleasently referred to as Wicca), as well as eastern beliefs, including taoism, buddhism and the study of zen.  To make a very long story short, God spoke to me in my heart, I found a desire to seek Him and study His Word, which led to my belief adn understanding (as well as humans can LOL).  He continues to speak to my heart, and reveal himself to me through answered prayer, as well as all of the blessings that I have received since I first believed, including being healed from disease.

Five- What exactly does "god's will" mean to you? In YOUR own words.

In my own words would be pointless.  What one needs to know is God's Will in His own Words.  We have to remember that He is God, it is His Will we need to discover for ourselves, and if you are truely seeking, the Lord promises you will find it.  So too often I see people who are not truely seeking the Truth, but rather to disprove God.  Ask yourself, why would God reveal himself to someone who is not out to discover God and have a relationship with Him?  But if you are truly seeking, He promises He will reveal Himself to you, and I know this from experience.

I am a man in seek of knowledge and understanding. I'm always interested in learning things about people and their belief forming system. It helps to understand the individual.

I hope this helps.  feel free to contact me anytime if you have any more questions.

35. tantrum profile image60

@jawa lunk
    You say :

'but I can say this, you have no clue who God is, nor are you willing to learn, so there really is no point in a discussion with you.'

lol lol lol

There's no point discussing with you ,I think !
    How can we possibly want to learn about something we don't believe in ?

Do you realise how ridiculous it sounds ? lol

BTW Do you have a clue ??
    I doubt that !

36. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I feel an inner conflict coming on......

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

tha quiet after tha storm.

37. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I need to dance!!!! big_smile

38. Jerami profile image59

I need to hose off.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)