Up to 30 dead/wounded in Ft. Hood, Texas w/2 to 3 shooters

Jump to Last Post 51-92 of 92 discussions (291 posts)
  1. jaybojas profile image61
    jaybojasposted 14 years ago

this is horrible...is there another word for horrible? i hope and wish the shooters will go straight to hell.  The worst hell of all.

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh trust me jay he will be going to hell and the worst part of hell too!

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, Houston, thats a hell you don't want!

2. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I feel so terrible for those soldiers and their families. This kind of thing is happening way too often these days though.

And personally, I'm a bit freaked as my middle daughter is on a plane at this very moment heading to San Antonio, Texas for her boyfriend's graduation at the Air Force base there. She doesn't even know yet what happened.

3. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

sawright

4. profile image0

Now they say they have 2 suspects in custody, lots of Bogus info coming out

1. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can say that again - some twit just said "one suspected shooter is dead"

What?

1. profile image0

Gotta love the media...can't get their facts straight on a moments notice to save their lives!

1. profile image0

Its the people being interviewed. Now they say he was a Virginia Tech grad, breeding mass murderers there!

2. profile image0

Now they're saying Muliff Hassan is "a suspect"

I rarely sputter . . .

1. profile image0

Thought it was Malik Nadal Hasan?

1. profile image0

Yes, I screwed it up - sorry

1. profile image0

Somebody else wrote it that way too, I thought maybe I had it wrong.

2. PabstPenrose profile image60
      PabstPenroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Police dapartment said one person was released, and one in custody.

5. jaybojas profile image61
    jaybojasposted 14 years ago

And where are those super security stuff.  Those metal detectors...and why dont they just bury the shooters alive?

1. profile image0

We like to try them,,,then killem!

1. profile image0

Ah, Texas . . .

6. PabstPenrose profile image60
    PabstPenroseposted 14 years ago

I remember the VT shooting, that was ridiculous. He graduated from there?

1. profile image0

Thats whats being reported!

7. AnywhereGardener profile image61
    AnywhereGardenerposted 14 years ago

He's not a suspect, he's the dead shooter. They said he was a resent Muslim convert, a psychiatrist recently transferred from Walter Reed where he had received a poor performance review.
    So he probably was a crazy, disgruntled man.

8. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

Now they're saying that he said, "maybe more people should strap bombs to themselves and throw off the aggressor" (meaning the US)

9. profile image0

A retired Col, said this guy has made anti American comments, saying Muslims should stand up to the aggressors! Its gonna get bad!

1. profile image0

Understatement

1. profile image0

Gonna be some mad cedar choppers around here! After 9/11 the Arabs running the convenience stores put on cowboy hats and started speaking Spanish! That ain't a joke!

10. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Oi ve! media and interviewers need to give the real scoop so we know the REAL facts!

1. profile image0

Jewish?

1. profile image0

who me? no...that is my word that I like to say from time to time

1. profile image0

Just joking!

1. profile image0

lol A Texan I don't I just like that word lol

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59
          Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you've just been outed.

1. profile image0

no because he was joking and I'm not Jewish

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

1. profile image0

I was thinking of adding that

Sick minds think alike (sometimes)

1. profile image0

lol you two are funny

2. profile image0

They're building it slowly, very slowly . . . never let a good story go to waste

1. profile image0

TOO slow if you ask me!

1. profile image0

But look at the effect - for myself, I feel a growing sense of dread, especially if it turns out to be terrorism - I think it's important to watch how things "make me" feel

1. profile image0

That is so true...I am feeling a sense of dread too. Just what we DON"T need. More crap like this.

2. ledefensetech profile image68
            ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I shut the TV off after about 2 hours.  It's way too early to speculate about what's going on.  The base was sealed and the CID, FBI and DHS are there in force.  It'll be quite some time before we know anything. 

Perhaps we can think of something to comfort the families of the dead and wounded.  It'll give us a goal and help take our minds off the endless speculation of what really happened.

11. profile image0

So now they're saying Nadar Hasan, his cousin, was in on it and that they are both Muslim

1. profile image0

They are talking to him now, he isn't even in Texas

12. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Madame X, I know what you mean.  Until we hear facts that may change the picture we're "sensing" right now, I think a lot of us feel this is kind of ominous-seeming and/or has the potential of turning into something bigger, one way or another.  I think it's the shock of the crime, combined with our uncertainty about what is does or doesn't mean.  I suspect in another several hours or so we'll have a clearer picture.

13. profile image0

@ Lisa - Yeah. You have to get away from the media and wait for them to just spill it - or you'll go crazy smile

14. profile image0

Beginning to sound like he was just a nut

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You changed your tune when you found out he was a Muslim.

1. ledefensetech profile image68

Oh he's a nut all right.  Only an Islamic nut rather than a PTSD nut.

Or possibly both...

He spend the last 6 years at Bethesda.  If he got deployed it was years ago.  His mental state can't be worse than guys who have been back and forth to the theater of war four or five times.  Still, we'll see.

2. profile image0

Changed my tune when more information of what he had said to others came out! I always knew he was Muslim! Problem?

15. profile image0

Gotta go everyone - God Bless those who lost their lives and my heart is with their families.

16. AnywhereGardener profile image61
    AnywhereGardenerposted 14 years ago

His cousin was just talking on the news and said he's always been Muslim but a born American and joined the Army just out of high school. He was being picked on at Walter Reed, being called a Raghead, etc. and he was afraid of going to Iraq because of being a psychiatrist he listened to all the horror stories of the men and women coming home
    He had hired a lawyer to defend himself about being picked on at Walter Reed and so perhaps that is why he was transfered to Texas. He was supposed to go to Iraq and he was trying to get out of the Army, he didnt want to go to the war. So sounds like he just snapped. But like you say, we'll have to wait til the end until it all comes out. No matter, its so sad and my prayers will be with all the people at Fort Hood.

1. PabstPenrose profile image60
      PabstPenroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's a shame that people are picked on, while in the military. Especially by their own people.

1. dave272727 profile image59
        dave272727posted 14 years agoin reply to this

When I was in the service we had people that would fake injuries, illness, or whatever they could think of to get out of deployments.  Some even had their wives or girlfriends pull some crap so that they might not have to leave.  That could be what this is about.  I dont know.  The only thing that I am getting from this is what you guys are saying and what Yahoo has.  Either way whatever this turns out to be it is a terrible tragedy and should have been prevented.  My question was where was the security?

17. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Definitely heartwrenching to hear news like this.

18. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I heard and it is sad, so sad what in the World is our own World coming to?sad

1. profile image0

You know this isn't anything new, there have been spree killers for a very long time. This happened in this same town in 1991 24 dead who knows how many wounded! Happened in 1966 in Austin, sniper on the UT Tower killed many people! Happened after WW2 with a guy walking around his neighborhood killing people, been going on for a looooooong time!

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it is so sad, and so sad to see such quick judgments made...
      it is terrible, such a loss~

Way too early to try to make sense of this.

19. fishtiger58 profile image69
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

They said he is a mental health army doc getting ready to be sent to Iraq who did this.

20. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Call me racist or prejudiced or whatever. I find it a little too unsettling that the primary shooter was muslim. There. I said it. And I mean it. It's a religion that I have no other beef with except that it condones violence against non-believers.

It's not prejudiced.  I thought that the MO looked suspicious.  Look at Al Qaeda in the 1990's.  There they had steadily escalating attacks against America.  Since we kicked them out of Afghanistan, they've not had the reach they once did, but the organization has gone much more cellular and decentralized.

What's really disturbing is when you add this to the recruitment center shooting a few months ago and realize that you now have independent terror cells or lone wolf operatives who seem to be ramping up attacks.  That is my concern.

LDT of the moment, meet LDT of 30 minutes ago.  You should listen to him, he was making sense

I shut the TV off after about 2 hours.  It's way too early to speculate about what's going on.  The base was sealed and the CID, FBI and DHS are there in force.  It'll be quite some time before we know anything. 

Perhaps we can think of something to comfort the families of the dead and wounded.  It'll give us a goal and help take our minds off the endless speculation of what really happened.

As I've said, it's a concern.  You'll notice I haven't called for a Crusade against Islam for this, have I?  Let's just that that I'd be less than surprised to find that this was a lone wolf type scenario linked in a general way to the entire Islamic Fundamentalist movement.  Do I know that for sure?  No.  It's speculation at this point, which is why I turned off the TV.

21. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Here we go............

22. profile image0

roll You do realize this guy was a Muslim, he wasn't Southern Baptist,Lutheran,Catholic. Muslims have a history of this sort of behavior, you know that right?

He was from Virginia which just voted for a Republican governor which means the Republicans are responsible.

Ridiculous theory right?  Makes as much sense as blaming muslims.

Relax, listen, learn, form opinion, share with others - do not deviate from this sequence. smile

23. profile image0

I'm surprised one of you libs haven't mentioned how racist this base must be after all its named after a Confederate General. I figured one of you would be all over that!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ft_Hood

Coulda been worse, they could have named it after Fighting Joe, that'd be funny wouldn't it?

24. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

My heart goes out to the families of each of the dead...and for those that are wounded by this senseless attack...!

25. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Now, they're saying the gunman is not dead.  At this stage of the matter, not much info is reliable.

1. profile image0

Its reliable info that he is a Muslim!  I don't care why he did it, he should be shot immediately if he is not dead and then crucified, sounds fair to me!

Just him or all Muslims?

26. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

OMG (not you, Ron, UW, other normal people).  I should have known there would be this kind of thing said here.  NO, the soldier with the Middle Eastern last name was not a terrorist; was not a Muslim.  He was an American.  And even if he is Muslim--um, last time I checked that was still OK in America? 

Freedom of religion--one of those values we hold so dearly.

I would never, ever, ever, ever want to have been in Nazi Germany with most of the people on here these days.  You truly scare me.

He was a recent convert to Islam.  Recent converts also can be some of the most fervent members of a religion.  It's the whole "I have to prove I'm a real ...". 

Islamic terrorists do have supporters here don't you know?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art … AD9BOCH4G0

Headley is about as American, OK maybe British too, as you can get. 

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/op … jhri6DmuHM

Do you think that putting the 9/11 people in US prison will help or hurt Islamic terrorist recruitment of prisoners?

1. profile image0

His cousin said that he was always a Muslim, he is of Jordanian descent. Poor Lita is scared, but its a safe bet she wouldn't be scared of someone who wanted to kill her, she would try and "understand", pathetic!

1. profile image0
          Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The 'ideas' here are what is scary.

You do of course know that despite 'understanding,' the perpetrator will get the death penalty under military law?  What is enormously stupid is the Glenn Becker crowd trying to make this into a political statement.

But why try reason or facts with the insane?

What ideas do you find scary?

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59

The latest info is that he is NOT a recent convert to Islam.  This premature speculation is ridiculous.

1. TimTurner profile image68
          TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Neighbors said that they were nice guys (shooter and his brother/cousin) and that they have always been Muslim.  And pretty strict with their religion.

1. profile image0
            Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd say so.   Pretty strict about anti-Christianity, indeed.

1. livelonger profile image85
              livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What makes you think they were anti-Christian?

OK fine, he was a lifelong Muslim.  That doesn't invalidate the idea that his religion motivated his actions.

27. Ron Montgomery profile image59

The shooter is reportedly in stable condition.  If he survives, we may eventually understand his motive.  We certainly won't tonight.

1. profile image0

I just heard he was a psychiatrist who was about to be deployed.  He had treated PPST patients and didn't want to go.  Evidently, he flipped out.

Oh, and I now here he is of the Muslim faith, yes.  Sounds a bit more complex than the uh, 'discussion' here. (Again, not you, Ron.)

28. TimTurner profile image68
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

Not sure if anyone saw this or this was posted already but according to Yahoo news, he posted suicide bombing blogs online and the authorities knew about them 6 months ago:  http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood … ng_suspect

If this is true, how the hell did the Army allow him to stay in??

The answer is in the article.  They don't know if he is actually the author of the posts.

29. TimTurner profile image68

Dr. Phil is on Larry King talking about this...can someone please tell me why we need to care what this "doctor" has to say?

He is getting mad because this other guy is saying he thinks it's terrorism or religious based.  Dr. Phil said "how can you say that...." blah blah blah

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

CNN is about to release surveillance video of the gunman before the shooting, today!!!

1. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Dr. Phil.  You go with religious terrorism.  For now, I'm going to go with poor b@*$&#d has had to listen to and empathize with too many war stories and feel impotent to help those mentally &/or physically mangled soldiers.  And, in part because he is Muslim of Jordanian descent, he was scared s*#$less of deploying.

1. TimTurner profile image68
        TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But we know he posted blogs sympathizing with suicide bombers now.  So Dr. Phil is wrong again  haha

Yeah, well walk a mile is this guy's combat boots and get back to me.

I'd rather not if he's the kind of person that can justify opening fire on a crowded room of soldiers.  I'm just strange that way, I guess.

And psychic too apparently. 

Sorry young Noah has you upset.  I worked pediatrics for years.  If it's any comfort, as crazy as it sounds, kids don't feel sorry for themselves.

Yeah, that always threw me for a turn.  It was interesting when at my last job I'd have the, thankfully rare, "venting moment".  The kids would get all quiet and then work on making your day better.  They'd treat you like they treated their parents all day, but if you showed any signs of stress, they'd be the first to work on cheering you up.  It was very humbling.

As for the psychiatrist, do you really want to know what goes on in such a person's mind.  I don't even want to know how someone can justify what he did.  It's so callous and inhuman.

All Occupational Therapists are trained in psychiatry, and I worked psychiatry in my 1st and only civilian OT job before I commissioned into the Air Force.  I look at it as just trying to understand people and what makes them tick.  It makes it easier for me to get along with more "challenging" people. 

For extremes of humans/behaviors, like this Active Duty Army Psychiatrist, yes, my brain seeks some kind of explanation, such as mental illness, to try to have some understanding of what is incomprehensible.  No one is justifying anything.

I'm not so sure psychiatry has a good handle on why anyone does much of anything.  At least Freudian psychology and it's derivatives.  I'm of the belief that people may not want to articulate why they do what they do, but I'm convinced that most people know what they are doing when they do something.

What I'm not so sure about is if they've thought out the consequences of their actions.  Ben Franklin said it centuries ago:  "I conceive that the great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things". 

I don't think this guy was mentally ill, at least not in the sense of having schizophrenia or some other DSM IV disorder.  He was crazy, that's for sure, but suffering from an illness, I think not.

2. tksensei profile image60
            tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"this guy" as in the POS who killed 12 US servicemen today???

This is not serious discussion either.  I believe it's called baiting. 

I'm a vet.  Do you think I don't take the loss of human life seriously?

1. tksensei profile image60

I'll judge that by your words and deeds, not by the fact that you are a vet. I don't know any vets who judge each other by any other standard. Being a vet is a mark of honor for you and I'm grateful for your service, but this POS served in the armed forces too. I don't 'respect' him, don't want to understand him, and do begrudge him every breath he takes from now on.

1. Friendlyword profile image60
                  Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is dead...dead people breath in that arrogant world you live in?

He was indeed initially reported as dead, but that has been revised.  He is alive and is expected to make it.

2. tksensei profile image60

See what happens when you comment before you inform yourself?

30. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I went for a shower.  Has the lynch mob assembled yet?

1. profile image0

lol, agreed.

Those ideas, LDT.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hZXwi6z8pZs/R1LziMaALLI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/W170rQy3Ras/s1600-R/my-brain-hurts.jpg

They're having difficulty tonight.  Glen Beck hasn't told them what to think yet.

Funny, I haven't seen anyone marching on our local Islamic Center with torches and pitchforks.  What I find disturbing is that you can't say a Muslim soldier who is known to have vented his displeasure at having to go to war murdering 12 or more people and you can't say that his religion had something to do with it.  If you do that, all of a sudden you're a member of a hate brigade that's going to torch your local Islamic Center and run all Muslims out of town.

That sounds suspiciously like fear mongering.

No it sounds like someone properly chastising you for tossing fire bombs into a volitile situation.  The marches with pitchforks begin with hateful,ignorant statements.

Ignorant morons are always going to be ignorant morons, however you and I censor ourselves or don't censor ourselves.  Nutters will use any excuse to kill, murder and maim.  Any retaliation against innocents, Muslim or otherwise, is just as evil as this event. 

You'll also notice, I hope, that American's aren't as vengeful as they are commonly portrayed.  We still allow mosques to tend to the faithful, Islamic centers to continue their business and Americans who happen to be Muslim to continue to work and live here.  Not exactly the actions of a race of hateful ignorants to me.

My concern is keeping me and mine safe.  This sort of lone wolf actions is significant and it's imperative that we talk through it as a people.  Just like 9/11 caught us unawares, so did this shift in tactics by people who hate us.  Ironically, by not talking this thing through, all you'll accomplish is increasing the fear and uncertainty of people and that increase will lead to torches and pitchforks.

2. profile image0

Sorry, LDT.  Don't take it personally...if, honestly, I didn't respect you...I'd now leave it alone.  But I believe Goebbels would adore you for the above--if deliberate--or if truly that missing the point, whatever fits.

As I said, I am very very glad we are not living in Nazi Germany.

We disagree, Lita, but rest assured that if I saw a mob marching towards the local Islamic center I'd be the first one baring the way.

1. profile image0

Good to know, LDT.  I was thinking I was a little harsh above...

Still, I'm watching CNN and absolutely they are sensationalizing the incident--showing footage of the shooter in a store--of course in traditional Muslim dress in a store.  The store owner/speaker says he comes in wearing fatigues often, and regular clothes often.  But they chose the footage of him in Muslim dress. 

And that's CNN.  Sometimes I wonder if their really is any intelligent life out there.  Of course it is about ratings.

You're going to laugh Lita, but I kept it on Fox News the two hours I watched.  Say what you will but they didn't run with the shooter's name until a government official released it.  Of course that's Fox's angle, "fair and balanced" but it seems to work.

I think all of us are kinda short tempered today, Lita, between this and that poor boy Noah Biorkman, my nerves have been on edge today.

1. profile image0

Oh, then we better not discuss FOX news!

I have distinct opinions about almost every news source, actually. 

My bf is just disgusted with all of it and, lol, emoting.  Time to read something universal and calming, smile.

31. TimTurner profile image68

CNN is reporting that the FBI have been watching him for the last 6 months because of his blog posts.

Great job watching him boys!

SWAT team has surrounded his house right now.  They made it seem like that just happened recently.  And he was giving away his furniture to his neighbors today.

1. profile image0

They were watching him and yet someone got ARRESTED for threatening the Prescident on some website. Oh how sad!

32. TimTurner profile image68

CNN said that a female first responder shot the gunman first but she got shot and wounded as well.

33. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

The bf (who is a Gulf war vet) states that the garb warn by the shooter in this footage is actually traditional ARAB garb...yet Wolf Blitzer keeps pointing out he is wearing traditional MUSLIM garb.

When you catch them being stupid you catch them.

Yeah, it gets crazy sometimes.  That's why you need good researchers and double check your facts.

1. profile image0

Hmmm.  And not seek to sensationalize your story would be good.

Probably I ask too much.

Ratings are the God of news organizations, after all.  wink

34. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Nowwww we can have an intelligent discussion.

Yeah, now we can admire your ability to post pictures of grossly obese people and "have an intelligent discussion."

roll

I thought you said I looked ok.  Now you call me grossly obese?

You're not my best friend anymore..nyah

35. Ron Montgomery profile image59

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mbc/lowres/mbcn1253l.jpg

And there's the "serious discussion" I guess...

roll

36. Ron Montgomery profile image59

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/abr1309l.jpg

37. profile image0
    mdawson17posted 14 years ago

I live about thirty miles from this horrible nightmare and cannot believe what has happened!!!!

Waco?

38. Luciendasky profile image60
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

This is all very sad...

39. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Race, religion, ethnicity has nothing to do with the shooting, it is an act of violence and insanity, brutal. It is good he is alive so that they can question him, psychologists havent had a solid answers what goes into the mind of killers like this. It happened before.

I agree with that.

40. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

PC, oh please...

41. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

There was a guy in Amarillo just shot some people in a bar too, one of them was a Brit!

1. LiamBean profile image79
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well there you go. Amarillo natives are the new Al Quida! roll

42. garynew profile image59
    garynewposted 14 years ago

We now know there was only one shooter but there is still the question of whether a larger conspiracy existed or still exists.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)