How does a religious person contradict having a mind?

Jump to Last Post 51-80 of 80 discussions (558 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

You say others have no facts, while basing your life on a pack of lies that control you, as you want to control others. Grow up, get rid of your "devil in the corner" beliefs and take reponsibility for your own life.
    You will get much better moral outcomes! smile

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Okay, I'm not trying to create another argument - I'm just curious: For those of you do not believe in God, a supreme being, a creator - do you believe in "spirits" like the Native Americans and the ancient Celts did?

1. spiderpam profile image73
      spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*off topic*  Oh my! What a cutie pie in the pic! smile

2. wyanjen profile image71
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. Can't have one without the other.

I do appreciate spirituality though. But that is not the same thing.

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, religion does not own spirituality. smile

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks, Spiderman, for the comment about my granddaughter. Sorry I got off topic. I had read where another poster mentioned tribes' believing in God even though they had never heard of Him, and I thought about this.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

It seems to me that the argument going on isn't as complex as everyone is making it.

Now, I know there a couple of religions represented here.

Spiderpam has continually asked for proof?

Proof of what exactly?

Something that isn't defined by man.

Now- my point of view isn't based on faith. My point view comes from science, philosophy and personal research of questions I had regarding Life. The knowledge I gained isn't open for interpetation. It's based on facts.

Scriptures you find in religious text is open to interpretations. Because, they are NOT based on facts.

FACTS are clearly defined by science and philosophy.

Life and it's true meaning are hidden by religion, because people can not be trusted to live self-responsibly.

History has showed the civilized world, precisely why religion shouldn't be practiced anywhere on Earth.

It's man-made and has only one purpose- to enslave the human conscience and demoralize existence.

You have a consciousness that tells YOU are ALIVE!

You have a conscience that tells YOU between Right and Wrong!

You have free will of thought and actions.

As long as you are self-responsible about every aspect of your life, your honest with yourself and in dealings with others and you protect life.

If you can live your life, as I just stated- then you have absolutely no use for or should you feel the need - to seek guidance elsewhere.

5. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Well Cagsil why don't you give us the true meaning of life then?

Without an after life your meaning of life boils down to a few years of eating, farting, excreting and then you die.  Quite the meaning of life you have to offer.  Okay let's take it a little further.  Let's assume you are living a wealthy life where you basically have everything you want.  Fine that's great, but for just a few years in the large scheme of things.  Now consider someone living in poverty in a third world country.  If that person living in poverty in a third world country believes in God then they are wealthier than you are my friend because they will have an after life.  Too bad for you.

See Cagsil religion and belief in God gives us more than you could imagine.  It gives us the true meaning of life.  Sorry for your measly existence.

1. Make  Money profile image67
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil you completely avoided my question.

Now don't bother trying to send me to one of your Hubs cause I won't be going there.  Just try to answer the question to the best of your ability.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am glad you consider my life a measly existence. It purposely shows you have no understanding of your own religion.

It shows how ignorant you really are about life. It shows perfectly well your faith is misplaced, because you were not bright enough to leave me alone.

If I didn't answer your question, then you can simply say that and I'd get back to it. There is actually a good reason that I didn't answer your question and that would be because I didn't see you post it.

Now- since you now have my undivided attention. Let me inform you of something.

I don't care what you believe. What's I've learned is factual.

Therefore, you have no ground to stand on, like your pathetic god.

Remember, religion was created by MAN and not to be taken serious in today's society. Why? Because, reality says it doesn't exist- yet morons who don't know the real definition of reality, because they were never really interested in looking up the damn word, shows ignorance about life.

But, if you want the TRUE meaning of life- it is for you to create your own purpose and to never do anything harmful to society. You are to form your own rational and sane thoughts. You are to guide your own life, through consciousness and your own individual conscience.

You are to accept FULL responsibility over your life, that includes spiritual(which means help better society, by doing for others it gives you a satisfaction unmatched by any other source). You are to be honest with yourself and in your dealings with others. You are to protect your life and others.

If you cannont accept that answer, then obviously you clearly don't understand life.

Religion has nothing to do with living life. It isn't needed at all and for those who do follow, it can actually be detrimental to your life. Because, you live a life in a cloudy mist, instead of living like your suppose to.

6. marinealways24 profile image61
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Now I will make a faith based assumption on the spiderpig to assume her political belief.

I will make an assumption that she is a sheepish Obama supporter. She buy's into all of Obamas speeches looking for no truth behind his words. "Yes sir, mr. president, since you sound smart, you probably are". This is how the spiderpig is trained to believe. Believe as taught. While she is trapped in her ignorant sheepish faith, she see's no separation that Obama is causing in the country. That would require thought. If I am wrong, it's alright because this was just a faith based assumption. I did not logically believe it as absolute. However, the spiderpig will not understand. She will only predict my mentality as rebellious to protect faith and discredit me.

1. marinealways24 profile image61
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Correct me spiderpig. Tell me that you aren't an Obama sheep.

Afterall, he uses the same psychology the bible uses to capture believers. Make them be dependent on him. You are a dependent sheep mind. Run some more sheep circles and write lies about me to protect your blind faith.

Where is the spiderpig?

I wrote this entire political "faith based assumption" for her to show how faith works and she will not answer.

Could it be a correct assumption? Uh oh.

1. profile image0
          sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Give it a rest! You will see if you're right soon enough and I promise I won't say I told you so.

Yes, Jesus is on the way to cast me to hell for not believing. Your faithfull minds have already filled me in.

1. profile image0

You got the wrong Christian bunky! I believe and have always believed that all most everyone will go to Heaven you just may not get the seat you want. I believe hell is for the most evil,hitler,etc.

Your god created hitler as you believe your god created all. So blame hitler on gods free will. If he didn't want hitlers, he shouldn't have granted free will. Why did he let hitler kill so many innocents, why didn't your god save them?

I will assume your answer from a faith based assumption: "It is a lesson for our sins."

Me: I thought your jesus already died for our sins?

You: Um, I'll get back to you on that. 

What you do not see is that you are a separatist just as hitler. Your faith blinds you to this. Look at the repeated arguements, wars, deaths, your sheep separatist faith has caused.

1. profile image0

He didn't die. He atoned for our sins in the Garden of Gethsamane.

Alright. This is a cowards way out. Why do you accept someone else dying for what you do wrong. Pay for your own sins. This would be much more honerable. Do you often ask people to pay for your mistakes? This is selfish.

7. marinealways24 profile image61

Another question for the ignorant sheep to encourage you to think ouside your pack.

Should belief be continually evolving or content and unchanging?

Can you answer that? lol

Answer me you silly sheep!

2. ediggity profile image60
      ediggityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Belief of what specifically?

Anything and everything. Should belief evolve or stay the same? If you say stay the same, you contradict a learning mind.

1. dahoglund profile image71
          dahoglundposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whether a person is religious or not has nothing to do with whether they have a mind. Since philosophers throughout history were religious, such as  Thomas Aquinas.

Another sheep who doesn't read previous post's. This has already been tried. Using examples of smart people doesn't work to protect your ridiculous faith.

1. ediggity profile image60

Well, even if you take "smart people" completely out of his example the statement still stands.  It really depends on what you apply the word belief to.  For example, I believe the Commutative property of addition.  My belief of that property will never evolve or change.

This is absolute to you? Was the commutative property of addition there before our conscious minds developed laws of addition? It's only absolute because you believe it absolute with faith. Any belief you have is a simple creation of your mind. Nothing is absolute unless you believe it absolute. Because it is absolute to you doesn't mean it is absolute to me.

1. ediggity profile image60

Sounds like it's your world then man.  If life deals you philosophy, become a philosopher.  I believe the commutative property of addition, because it is proven through mathematics not faith.  Yes, it was there before our conscious minds developed the property.  It just took this long to represent it so our 'conscious minds" could see what it was.  My point still stands, I will never evolve or change my belief about it.  I will also say that many believers and non believers would say the same, because it is what it is.

Dare I say, here is a good example of the proof from Wiki:
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addition_o … ers/Proofs

You and I both know wikipedia is rubbish. You consider wikipedia absolute? I agree that many will agree with you, believer or non believer, but only if they have faith in your belief. No belief is absolute or it would be believed by all.

8. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

Not all theists are dogmatic.

It's quite a (false) leap to go from "we don't know how/why existence began" to "God said to accept Jesus Christ as your savior and to believe this, that and the other." Being open to various possibilities to the former does not necessarily lead someone to the conclusions of the evangelical Christians.

9. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

What no responses to this?

10. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I think that trying to prove the other side wrong is a waste of time, for anyone. I hope you are doing well marine. But you are probably fighting a lost cause. But keep on truckin', I could be wrong wink

1. profile image0

You have been before and you will be again.

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I know that, everyone is wrong at some point. At least I am willing to admit that smile Not sure what I have said to you that is "wrong", but thats cool.

1. profile image0

Nothing today.smile

I meant in general. Other than speaking of religion (which I've never bashed only asked questions), and cannot be "wrong" since it is a personal belief. What have I said that was "wrong"?

2. marinealways24 profile image61

Nice to see you Cole. Even though the believer refuses to learn anything in protection of faith, I am learning how their faith blinds their sheep mind. Granted, it is pretty annoying at times to see indviduals refuse to think in protection of faith.

Good to see you as well. smile Yes I agree that that is the case sometimes.

Hey Cole,

What's up?

How are you today?

Hey, I'm doing well. This week is going to be a lot more chill than last week, no exams smile And I have Wednesday off of work and school, off to the beach!
            How are you?

I am doing fine. I'm glad your exams are finished and you can relax.

Cool- on the beach thing.

2. mohitmisra profile image60
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Meditate , evolve yourself and only then will we be able to have an intelligent debate.Right now you are such a silly ignorant person.

Hey mohit,

What's up?

I can see things are going as well as could be expected. lol

1. mohitmisra profile image60

Life is strange  Cagsil smile

Nothing strange about it.

I would call it interesting.

I would call it both strange and interesting smile

11. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

The seat you want??

Does Heaven have different sections? Like orchestra, balcony, nosebleed? How do you get front row? You have to like cure cancer or something?

I don't understand.

12. Cagsil profile image70

I just curious why you chose to form your belief the way you do?

It doesn't make sense.

I also don't understand why you won't accept full responsibility for your life?

You seem to have the ability of thought, as you've expressed yourself here.

You seem to have a sense for what's right and what's wrong, except for a few things, which are based on facts, that you are calling wrong because of your belief.

I mean, you seem pretty level-headed about yourself and seem to have confidence in yourself, so where does your belief fit in to your life?

Is it something that you really follow or are you just one of those who says, "I believe in god", but I'm not religious?

I'm curious...please let me know.

1. profile image0

Well I really believe what I say but I also know I'm not the brightest star in the sky, so I don't have all the answers. I went to church today and I do as I believe I'm supposed to. I always help out where I can and I cry for people who suffer and I pray. I believe we are entering a time where things are going to change in a profound way because so much of what is happening has been predicted. I watch everyday for signs of the anti-christ. I don't know I would know one if I saw it but I watch. I know you'll go to Heaven and almost all will but I believe there will be levels of glory and if we don't work hard here we may be seated towards the rear but, it's our choice.

The only thing that really fires me up is when non-believers badger a believer, I hate bullies and I will stand up for someone in trouble, I always have. I don't care about what you say to me I can take it but sometimes you guys and gals are too hard on the belivers. If you knew the church people as I do they are good Americans and good Moms and Dads. They don't get it right every time but they try they never just blow it off. They all have problems and everyone of them would stop to help you if they could. We never discuss politics in church, never. We are never told who to vote for or ask who we did vote for. My church has no paid clergy so the money collected goes to service projects in our community.

You're good people you don't have to abuse someone to make your point and if they don't get it, take it out on me when I log on and we can fight it out,ok?

13. Cagsil profile image70

I think not.

14. getitrite profile image70
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

Society and our brain-washed parents gave us this false reality, even teachers.  It is "Reality" for the believer, as it was to me when I was still incapable of thinking on an intrepid level. And, unfortunately, it will be "Reality" forever, for some.  But it's still extremely absurd.

15. Cagsil profile image70

I'm pretty sure I have at least one post this forum that gives my answer to the topic, but just in case... lol

How does a religious person contradict having a mind?

A person can not contradict having a mind. Because, each person has a mind.

How ever, a religous person goes beyond their own minds reality. And, it isn't healthy for the human being to waste energy on such nonsense.

Religion I find is very harmful to society, as a whole.

Wrong. A religious person does contradict having a mind.

It doesn't contradict having a mind. It contradicts the proper use of the mind.

Come on Marine.

I know your agrument.

lol If it contradicts the use of a mind, it contradicts having a mind.

16. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

lol lol lol
    Prophet's childishness !

Nothing intelligent to add as usual Tantrum.

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wasn't talking to you ! lol
        but as you are, let me tell you, that someone who needs 10 years of his life to write a book full of very naive poems, who's  prize is 1.50 $ in Amazon,  has nothing intertesting to say either.
        It can be ranked above the Q'ran and the bible ,as you have been so kind to let us know ,in every opportumuty you have. that doesn't mean anything
        Harry Potter have more sales than you. So ?
        That makes Harry Potter the better Book ?
        I don't think so ! lol
        Why don't you get real ? nobody's buying your nonsense !!

Still talking non sense as usual, I guess making sense is too difficult for you. smile

2. topgunjager profile image60
          topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hahaha, i'm sorry mohit, not trying to insult you but that was freaking funny=)

So what are you trying to do?
            Do you think it is a big joke to get ranked 2 in Religious and Spiritual books till date?
            We are talking Religious Philosophy and not some childrens book.

lol lol
              you sound like a broken record ! lol
              repeating all the time I am always talking nonsense, and you are ranked above the Bible & Qu'ran !!
              lol lol
              you lose credibility ! you're not serious !

What makes me lose credibility , you saying so lol   lol   lol you don't have any credibility to start with lol  lol

lol lol
                  I'm not here for my 'credibility' ! lol
                  I can't care less if someone thinks highly of me or not!
                  I don't have to hide behind a 'book' to think I'm worthy!
                  Or to hide behind a god for that matter ! lol lol lol

Good so you understand you have no credibility and absolutely no spiritual knowledge and so no one will take you seriously.
                    You cannot write a book of this calibre and neither do you know god so you are just blabbering as usual.
                    For once try and say something intelligent.

lol Keep destroying yourself prophet. You do all of the work. Keep preaching self awareness as if you have it. lol

You silly arrogant little prophet. You are not the chosen one.

So you decide who the prophet is ? Foolish arrogance.

2. topgunjager profile image60
      topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

you know what, i'm not trying to make enemies here, i'm just here trying to make a difference and convert preachers into doers. i'm sure you all have good intentions but the world could really use the kindness of your heart=) watch this video, i know it's hard to take but how much longer are we going to ignore it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYxVbpvR5-4

So you will preach to the preachers, be a Grand master?
        Dont jump the gun, go step by step.

1. topgunjager profile image60
          topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i have taken steps my friend, what steps have you taken to help feed you're brothers and sisters? why wait when you can be a part of the change "now"smile

3. tantrum profile image61

@mohit
      If you continue arguing with me, it only shows how foolish you are !

lol lol
      something i've been showing all the time, thanks to you, and nobody else !

lol lol lol

You are definitely very foolish and it is not possible to have an intelligent debate with you as you have no intelligence, people like you mess up this forum.

4. tantrum profile image61

@Mohit
      You're so naive as your poems ! lol
      Always coming back for more!
      But you know what? you bore me !
      Belittleing me doesn't make you great.
      It only shows what kind of person you are!
      If these are the ways of an 'enlightened' one !.....
      lol

Why come here and abuse me and my work?

I'm trying to teach you  HUMBLENESS.
          something that your PRIDE don't let you see!

Okay so you are the grand master teaching the enlightened ones, how humble, one can definitely learn from you.
            Go to religious forums and abuse the highest ranked religious philosopher on it, tell him his work and rankings are all rubbish ,great philosophy you spread.   lol   lol   lol   lol

No comments!
              More PRIDE display !

Ignorance! You do all of the abuse yourself. You are your own destruction, remember that you silly little prophet?

Your arrogance ruins your work. You silly arrogant little prophet. What did your good book teach about arrogance? I think you need to read some more.

Silly fool is what you are.

lol

5. tantrum profile image61

You're digging your own grave !
      I'm out of here!

Don't want to see the end !

6. profile image0

Okay, so let me see if I get this straight. Having religion in your life precludes you from having a mind?

If you believe, you have a mind, of course!
        We're all human beings.
        The thing is how believers use it, I think

2. mohitmisra profile image60

Yes according to Marineallways and Tantrum if you relate with the great masters and their teachings you have no mind.
        How can someone who believes in a higher intelligence have a mind wink

Don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say
          Show me where did I say that !
          So you're still digging your own grave !
          Oh Well ! sometimes it's very difficult to learn !!

You clearly can't read you lying little prophet. I said believers contradict having a mind, not that they don't have a mind. Keep twisting words to make them fit you lying little prophet.

What do you mean by contradict having a mind? Try and have more clarity if you can with your limited intelligence.
            works as a soldier and says believers work for the government, no limit to your rubbish.

3. marinealways24 profile image61

Nope. It contradicts having a mind. Would you like me to explain?

1. profile image0
            Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um, not arguing your point.

Didn't ask if you wanted to argue. Just asked if you would like me to explain my point.

1. profile image0

Sure. I appreciate all viewpoints. smile

That is honerable. I agree with you.

A mind is capable of forming individual belief through self teaching rather than being taught. When a person joins a grouped belief, they are taught what to believe. They do not have to use their individual mind to form individual belief because they are taught belief by the religion or group. When joining a grouped belief, they contradict having a mind to think of individual belief. This is the best explanation I can provide. I don't see any logical gaps.

1. profile image0

Well, I have my belief system, which is, independent of religion as I do not believe in it. I understand exactly where you're coming from. I don't make a lively debater, huh?  lol

Yes you do. You are honest from what I can tell and don't write circles to protect faith as of yet. What do you believe?

1. profile image0

Well, I believe in something greater than myself, but I'm still the driver. Others let someone or something else do the driving. If it works for them, that's fine, just don't tell me that I'm not handling the wheel well enough on my own.

3. profile image0

I was attempting to see if the thread-maker was saying that those who believe are mindless. Not sure what the gist of the forum is about.

Yeas that is what he was saying.

4. profile image0

Hmm, makes no sense. It takes a mind to believe, doesn't it?

5. monaz profile image61
        monazposted 14 years ago

I find the leading question of the thread a bit confusing.
        But I think all religious people are mostly fanatics.

6. profile image0

Oh, Religion and Politics. lol

7. profile image53
        dino abruzzeseposted 14 years ago

dino abruzzese

hello

Nice addition to the topic. I realize your a new, but get situated before jumping and saying nothing, besides hello.

Yes, I realize that saying 'hello' is something, but not really in reference to the topic at hand.

But, thank you for playing.

1. profile image0

Wow! You're brutal!

Come on, did you expect anything less in these forums.

Everyone has something to say, and some don't have much to say.

lol lol lol lol

8. marinealways24 profile image61

8:13 - [In Context|Original Hebrew]
        "The fear R302 of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride R303 and arrogance and the R304 evil way And the perverted R305 mouth, I hate.

You silly arrogant little prophet. You claim to know the bible, yet you are full of arrogance.

What does this make you? An ignorant hypocritical little false prophet.

13:11 - [In Context|Original Hebrew]
          Thus I will punish R503 the world for its evil And the wicked R504 for their iniquity; I will also put an end to the arrogance R505 of the proud And abase the haughtiness R506 of the ruthless. F163

You want me to keep going you silly false prophet?

9. profile image0
        zampanoposted 14 years ago

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

That's why I'd rather go to Hell !

1. profile image0

There's already a spot for you there.  lol

Thank you ! now I feel relieved ! big_smile

2. manlypoetryman profile image83
          manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wisest point...I have read! Thank you

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heave?

The wisest point...YOU have read! Hmm....?

You must not read much of the forum. There are a lot of wise reads for you.

But, to give you a little insight on the statement you responded to- Blessed are the poor in spirit(this would mean those who are not believers), for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven(their Kingdom is Earth).

Again, Jesus always taught people to be conscious individuals, to think for themselves and use honesty in their actions, with themselves and others.

His message is quite clear to those who understand him and his teachings. Remember- he also told- "DO NOT worship a false god or idol!", which many simply interpret as no other than him or his god.

And, that's an assumption on a religious follower's part- the god you are to worship is inside you- it is your own consciousness, which lead by your own conscience.

You are NOT to seek outside guidance otherwise. It's NOT required in life to seek guidance from a higher power.

And, Jesus was NOT a higher power. He was a human male.

1. profile image0

I'm going to make your likeness in clay right now. lol

Am I making a claim to be a prophet? No.

Am I making a claim to be a GOD? Yes, but only over myself.

Am I making a claim to be perfect? No, no human can achieve perfection, regardless of how hard they each try.

3. Cagsil profile image70

And, where is HEAVEN supposed?

1. profile image0

Heaven is in your heart wink

10. profile image0

I've gone toe-to-toe with some who think that their view must be taught to others, too.

I don't know, maybe some are incapable to develop a belief on their own without first being taught. Still, this doesn't mean a person should have to follow or be taught their entire lives. People should be taught to eventually lead which would be self teaching rather than follow for a lifetime which I would consider a taught belief.

Does this make sense?

1. profile image0

Hmm, kinda. But, I'm fuzzy about the beginning. You mean, you could start out being taught, but move away from that to form your own belief system?

Yes! If you are dependent on a belief system. Not everyone is dependent on absolute belief.

11. sooner than later profile image60
        sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

gotta bring this cherry to the top for the "individual" challenge. sorry for your pains.

No pain, no gain!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)