Subway or Quizno's which do you prefer?

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (49 posts)
  1. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 14 years ago

I don't like Toast myself - so I stick with Subway smile

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

me too. they just taste FRESHER

2. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree - Subway for me...

2. mkott profile image67
    mkottposted 14 years ago

Quiznos - Prime Rib and Peppercorn.  Just need a place that does a good hot pastrami.

3. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Blimpie's...I always liked them back in the day...Not too many left in my area. Especially ones that do the cuts and veggies super thin...like they used too!

4. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Dagwood's is the best!  However, I'll settle for Subway.

5. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

Subway is the best

6. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Hard to pick one. Both have sandwiches I love and they are different.

7. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I've never eaten at Quizno's. Which is strange, since I am a sandwich fanatic.

8. archdaw profile image61
    archdawposted 14 years ago

QUIZNO'S!!! A little bit more expensive than Subways, but deffinetly worth it!

9. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Nither. My wife's are bestest! Grinders!

10. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Subways! Love their veggie patties.

11. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Subway is so gross to me. Their bread is gross and so are the veggies. The Veggie at Quiznos at least has some flavor. But my absolute favorite is a place next to the college I went to in the Carolinas. Mmmm so good!

12. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

I'm too poor for Quiznos, so I just stick with Subway.  I love their chicken, bacon, ranch on flat bread. smile

13. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

Blimpie's is also good.

14. archdaw profile image61

QUIZNO'S!
    QUIZNO'S!
    QUIZNO'S!

15. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

Quiznos is the best!

16. lrohner profile image66
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I love both. The Roast Beef and Bleu Cheese salad at Quizno's is my fav from both though.

17. archdaw profile image61

QUIZNO'S
    QUIZNO'S
    QUIZNO'S

18. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Quizno's Mmmmmmm...Toasty!

~thranax~

19. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I love meatball subs with extra oregano! Quiznos has a slight edge over Subway but I'd take either!

20. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

There isn't a Quizno's anywhere near where I am, so Subway (although we have a local pizza and sub place that offers really good subs).

21. profile image0
    SalesScoopposted 14 years ago

5 dollar

5 dollar fffffffoooooooooottttttttttt lllllllooooooonnnnnngggggg

I cant see spending 10 bucks on a Quizno sub.

1. archdaw profile image61
      archdawposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Didn't you hear Quizno's has a limited time offer for five follar sandwiches!!!@

1. profile image0
        SalesScoopposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know, and Quiznos is right in town but they take so long to make it, dam, Subway Seafood and salad rock. Its the only sub I have ever tried there.

22. zadrobi profile image61
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

They are both making me really hungry right now.

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just ate so I am ok smile

23. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

Quizno's is great.

24. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

I've never heard of Quiznos. I don't like Subway - bland, unhealthy food.

1. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree smile

2. profile image0
      SalesScoopposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Subway = Bland & Unhealthy

Thats about as healthy as we get here in the states. We might as well put a halo over the sandwich

1. livelonger profile image86
        livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been to the UK several times. At that price range, the food there is even more unhealthy.

I've tried Quizno's twice and have been sorely disappointed both times. Subway is better but that's not saying much. Among the chains, I prefer Togo's.

25. Kent Merritt profile image68
    Kent Merrittposted 14 years ago

There's something about the smell of Subway that really bothers me.  I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but someone told me it's the smell of their bread.  I don't know how people can work there and smell that all day long.

Obviously, I prefer Quiznos.

26. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Subway. But we don't have either one here sad.

27. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Quizno's by far...but then again, the thing I like most about it is the many sandwich options and that I can put my own pickles, banana peppers, and jalapenos on...the Subway people like to put about three of each on a foot-long and give me nasty looks if I ask for more tongue.

Blimpie's is really good too, yep...the one here closed a few years ago though.

28. garynina05 profile image60
    garynina05posted 14 years ago

Okay, the number one place to go for the best sub is:

QUIZNO'S!!!!!  They have the best subs and the best service which is tops over Subway any day. 

To all Quizno's fans, try the Honey Bourbon Chicken Sub if you haven't already.  It is the bomb and is off the chain too!!!

29. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I'll take Subway.

Better tasting, Better price and more locations.

30. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I was gonna say Subway, but that would be agreeing with Cagsil yet again, so I abstain. big_smile

31. Larry Gee profile image58
    Larry Geeposted 14 years ago

I think I prefer Quiznos as it just doesn't have the "fast food" feel that Subway has.  I  think they're probably much of a muchness but Quiznos feels more like a treat.

32. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Neither. The old fashioned deli is the best.

1. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Flightkeeper on this one.  No one makes a better sandwich than a deli. 
      Subway uses that super quick rise yeast in their bread that just kills the taste, and then they only put a few paper thin pieces of meat on the sub unless you want to pay extra for a few more. You might as well be eating a salad on a bun.
      Quiznos is a little better, but I'll keep searching out the delis.

33. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Blood, you really do have a great avatar collection!

1. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, all of them except this one are props that I made for Halloween. (All of which are still sitting in my office) This one is a painting by Von Franco.  He is a great Kustum Kulture artist.

34. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I actually prefer subway better, only because I think they make a better veggie sub than quiznos, but here there are so many deli's and Italian pork stores that make great sandwich's that can't compare to either of those chains!

35. PurpleOne profile image77
    PurpleOneposted 14 years ago

When I first found out about Quiznos, I liked it wayyyy more than Subway, but now that I've known about Quiznos for a few years, Quiznos doesn't feel like the automatic winner to me anymore. I still like Quiznos more though.. just has more flavour.

36. Frugal Fanny profile image61
    Frugal Fannyposted 14 years ago

Even though Quizno's is more expensive here, I still like it the best because I can mix together their honey mustard and chili sauces to make a really awesome hot sauce that gives you a good kick in the pants!

37. profile image51
    Jillofalltradesposted 14 years ago

I absolutely love Subway! I have eaten at Quizno's before, but Subway is better choice in my opinion:-)

38. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

The Big Q for sandwiches.  But there is also a nice place called Panera Bread that you might want to check out.  We have them here in Vegas.

39. EJF PRO profile image59
    EJF PROposted 14 years ago

I go for Subway. Quiznos is too expensive for what you get. Subway is easy....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)