hehehehe...sexy hub has more views than my other hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Too funny- my sexy hubbers hub has more views than my other hubs...now I know for sure that sexy does sell....
    I guess I know what I should be writing about from now on...sexy cats, sexy dogs, sexy???
    And part 2 of sexy hubbers, that's for sure.
    This has been great great fun!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Is that traffic all from HubPages or from outside sources as well?  I would expect that such a hub would do extremely well within our community, but not necessarily get much search engine traffic.

1. Gawn Fishin' profile image61
        Gawn Fishin'posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure there are a large number of surfers that will look into any article that has 'SEX' in the title.

2. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
      Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not sure how much traffic is from HP and how much is from search engine. All I know is that I had more views of that hub in one day than many have gotten at all LMBO! Guess I need to start writing about "sexy" llamas, ducks and doll houses! Wonder how I will work in the "sexy" motivational articles LOL! It was lots of fun and there will be follow-ups as I get to know more hubbers.

Bonnie

I have met nudist while fishing the Colorado river, maybe 'Sexy Fishing'?

1. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68

Now THAT is my idea of an awsome hub, Gawn! LOL It can't get any better than that!

Bonnie

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's only because my picture is there somewhere in the mix.  tongue 

Actually, it's a grerat hub and I think everyone enjoyed being a part of it.

2. First_home_buyer profile image54
    First_home_buyerposted 15 years ago

Yes, sex sells, look at the advertising that comes from Madison Avenue....

3. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

I think if you have sexy in the title people will look.

My next cholesterol hub should have a title like: Sexy foods that lower your cholesterol big_smile

1. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm... that could be a whole series.....about sexy foods...lol....

4. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 15 years ago

Do one on "sexy colors".

1. compu-smart profile image90
      compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Done;)
      http://hubpages.com/_www/hub/The-Worlds … -of-Colors

Dorsi, where do i send my sexy kitty pic 2u?

1. Dorsi profile image88

dorsidiaz at gmail com

(you should see all the sexy cat pics I'm getting- wow!! We hubbers got some hot cats!

5. crashcromwell profile image66
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

I decided to do a hub to test your theory. At least your hub had some pictures of people who others might find sexy. But the best way to really test your question is to have a plain old boring hub that merely says the word sexy several times.

http://hubpages.com/hub/This-is-a-Sexy- … -Sexy-Test

Jim

6. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Jim,
    you need to put a bit more effort into it - with its current 214 words it's substandard, and this will reflect on the traffic. smile

1. crashcromwell profile image66
      crashcromwellposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Misha.

Jim

7. dutch84 profile image59
    dutch84posted 15 years ago

I think all the hubpages hubbers just want to stop by and see if they made the list...lol

It is a good idea, I must say.

8. dutch84 profile image59
    dutch84posted 15 years ago

You know, I'm thinking of doing a Sexy Hubbers list. I think it's a good idea.

Along with: The Best of Hub Pages
    Sexiest men of Hubpages
    Sexiest women of Hubpages
    Funniest Hubs on Hubpages
    Best Recipes on Hubpages

I think anything that gets the hubpages community interacting would be good for your hubscore, good for your traffic and good for the egos of other hubbers.

It also helps new hubbers know where to begin looking for quality hubs.

Don't steal my ideas though...I might decide to use them one day.

Actually, I think I will.

1. Dorsi profile image88

Sexy Hot Hubbers Pics already taken (in my hub)- Part 2 and subsequent follow ups taken...
      (can't steal my follow-up...lol!!!)
      but have at it on the rest of your ideas...
      (I think Bonnie just did sexy hub men though) And DJ did sexy hubber women....)  The more to bring the community together the better-
      The recipe idea is good too.smile

9. crashcromwell profile image66

Ok, I think I have now fleshed out (notice the pun?) my piece, and in the process I wound up revealing much more about me than I ever planned. Isn't that the best part about stream of consciousness writing? I started out writing a spoof and wound up taking a trip down memory lane!

Memory Lane is interfering with the progress on my next hub.  I am constantly telling myself to 'leave that out'.

10. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

actually the correct title for my hub was "hot sexy hubber pictures"....lol

11. crashcromwell profile image66

Since late last night, my sexy test page has had 54 hits, 18 comments (some of which were from me), and my hub score for that page has skyrocketed up to a tie for my highest-rated page. Conclusive results?

12. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Let's see how sustainable your results are smile

Well, they're still rolling in, but you're right - to really test the theory it would have to be more of a longitudinal study, not just a flash in the pan.

13. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years ago

LOL may be true but we all know that sex sells and that is undeniable! All you have to do is watch t.v., read a magazine or go to a movie! I am sure that one day they will find a way to add sex to your morning coffe lmbo!

Bonnie

I remember, many moons ago, an ad for one of the major coffee companies on television. It featured a woman sitting on the porch at night, looking up into the stars, with her husband sitting next to her. He asks her what she's thinking about, and she says, "Oh? Our kids, our marriage, my life."

What does he say to her?

"I'll make some coffee."

Coffee - the best aphrodesiac!

14. crashcromwell profile image66

Has anyone ever heard of someone named Marilyn Good? Someone just posted a comment on my sexy test page referring to dead sexy people and the Marilyn M. Good experiment. I did a google search, found an obit, but nothing about her being sexy or some weird experiment was mentioned.

Jim

15. crashcromwell profile image66

As of this moment, my sexy test hub is my top-ranked hub, it's got the most comments of any of my hubs, and most importantly, the traffic is still flowing in. The total has more than doubled my next highest total of page views. Imagine that!

1. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68

I definitely can. My sexy male hubbers has had twice the traffic in one week than my best hub had in one month! Guess we know now what this world is coming to, huh? LMBO

Bonnie

16. crashcromwell profile image66

Yeah...I've had a few fans express hope that this trend is not going to continue. Although I'm loving to see my hits go up, I'm not willing to go beyond this. We'll see how long this wild ride runs.......weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

17. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years ago

I agree, Crash! While I loved doing this hub and enjoy the visitors and comments, I have much better things to do research on than sex topics that are already saturated to the gills lol When it gets to the point that the only way to get traffic is to write about sex topics, my writing days will be few!

Bonnie

1. Dorsi profile image88

Me too- it was fun doing the hub but there are so many other things to write about!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)