I want an honest opinion on my new profile picture

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

OK, I'm not fishing for any compliments here but I changed my profile pic. I really liked the one I had which I think looked more professional but due to the fact that I am going through a midlife crisis. I changed the pic to what I think is a newer, hopefully (haha) younger looking version of me (a little bit of warmify on the Picassa filter works wonders here). I took the pic the other day and I really liked it because it reminded me of a pic that was taken of me when I went to the Calgary Stampede years ago.
    Seriously though, do I look too "cutesy", or what do you really think?
    I want honest opinions here, I'm about to turn fifty and I can take the critique, I usually try to keep all my pics consistent, but like I said, midlife crisis is coming hot and heavy right now so I thought a little change might be in order!
    BTW- I've missed you all but you would not believe what I've gone through in the last few weeks. It defies explanation. As soon as I can get my head wrapped around part of it I'll be back hubbing!

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion none of your pics make you look to be as old as you say you are. I like this photo also. Very nice.

1. Dorsi profile image88
        Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, my friends say the same thing, that I don't change much over the years- but I have wrinkles to prove the age...lol... a wrinkle for every kid, the husband, the business, etc.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Well...you definitely look younger smile I prefer the earlier one but this one is fine smile

1. Dorsi profile image88

Well like I said Susan the "warmify" edit button on Picassa sure helps, but I might leave this one for a bit, but have a feeling I'm going back to the old one. I don't know, I think change is good sometimes, but this could just be a knee jerk reaction to being upset and wanting to just be different for awhile.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree-- and it's no big deal -- lot of people look like dogs or cats.

3. weblog profile image57
      weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ditto big_smile

3. crashcromwell profile image68
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

I just saw your picture somewhere else and I thought, "Wow! She looks young!" So if that's what you're going for, run with it. I just turned 41 a few weeks ago, and the picture I use is 10 years old, so I'm doing the same thing!

4. DJ Funktual profile image77
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

The pic is fine fine it's just that the eyes are too much.  Too...coy.

Your old photo was as sweet and endearing as can be. 

Love ya Dorsi.

5. Dottie1 profile image62
    Dottie1posted 15 years ago

To Quote you Dorsi - "I really liked the one I had which I think looked more professional" and "seriously though, do I look too "cutesy", or what do you think"?

I think you maybe answered your own question.  Maybe you could make the younger picture more professional looking which is what you like. 

I agree with Uninvited Writer that you definately look younger, I prefer the earlier one too but this one is fine.

6. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Dorsi,

I just love it, seriously! smile

I was looking for a thread to tell you this - and here we go, you made a special one just for that! wink

1. Dorsi profile image88

Thanks Misha, I think DJ said what I was thinking though- I look to "coy", which actually is pretty me anyway, cuz when I take pics I usually have that same look, but I think I will use it for awhile- I took the pic the other day when I went to a friends party, and I don't normally curl my hair, so I liked it.
      And this whole turning 50 thing- maybe I just want to look and feel a little younger..lol...

1. DJ Funktual profile image77
        DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I changed mine recently too because my classic one is just too angry.  it's not me.  This new one is a little goofier but hey, that's me a to a T.   I even have a Goofy Tattoo.

1. Dorsi profile image88

I love your pic. It's how I visualize your personality- after watching your vids a while back I think this pic is so you!

2. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80
          LdsNana-AskMormonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

D.J.

I love your current avatar.  It is exactly as I picture you to be... truly:-)  Just a fun guy!

Kathryn

7. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 15 years ago

Perhaps I am just old, and don't like change... although adorable - I still like the "old" one best.  LOL

LdsNana-AskMormon
    Kathryn

p.s.  I have a new pic that I have been contemplating?  With another one of my grandchildren.  I cannot play favorites you know...  so I need to rotate:-)

1. Dorsi profile image88

That would be nice to alternate pics with the grandkids- and thanks for the feedback on my new pic. I'm gonna leave it for a little bit but but going to change it back to my first one. I think this one is just too cutesy for me. I might leave it on my MySpace though- cutesy is better over there I think...lol...

8. SweetiePie profile image80
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I like the new avatar.  Do not worry about changing it, I change mine all the time. I love how you curled your hair in the picture too.

9. akeejaho profile image61
    akeejahoposted 15 years ago

Nice pic.  Very friendly looking.  I'd let you walk me.

1. Dorsi profile image88

hehehe...that's too funny.

I've put my old pic back. My midlife crisis is now over ( I wish!) - thanks everybody for the feedback- this pic is really more me. And Jennie- you are so sweet, you made my day!
      Thanks Sweetie Pie for the enouraging words for it to stay up but I just could'nt do it anymore...lol....

10. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

I can identify with the whole "age milestone" thing, Dorsi - I had some photos taken when I turned 40, for that same reason (the one on your Sexy Hub came from that set).

I like the curls, and I agree that the facial expression does not quite convey your intelligence and wisdom enough to suit as your permanent avatar.

However, as an interlude, it's cute and attractive, and I think you will know when the time comes to change it.

What you really need is a photo of your soul, which is deep, generous, wise, loving, and humorous, and far more attractive than any photo of your exterior could ever be.

xo

Jenny

11. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

I like:)

12. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

You still look like a teenager.

1. Dorsi profile image88

teehee,,,,,, please tell the clerks at 7-11 that Rochelle- they stopped carding me along time ago!
      Thanks though-oh if only we would get those days back,eh?
      (BTW- I think it's the long hair that gives that teen impression...lol)

13. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

Actually, I'm liking these days. Read my hubs on turning 50-- and 60.

1. Dorsi profile image88

Will do Rochelle- I think I'd be enjoying these days more if life weren't so damn complicated right now- makes me want to get back to some less dramatic days- I've just had thing after thing hitting me lately,,,,,,,,,,
      Your hubs sound like just what the doctor prescribed- some reading is in order!

14. profile image0
    SirDentposted 15 years ago

Well personally I think it was mean to change it back after getting so many worked up over it. You still look like a young chick though. tongue

1. Dorsi profile image88

hahahaha.... I love it. I can smile all day now by your kind comments sir- well you will just have to go to MySpace to see it now- hahaha...I'm leaving it there for awhile.
      My sons friends need to know that just because you get old it doesn't mean you are dead!

15. Dottie1 profile image62
    Dottie1posted 15 years ago

Very attractive, youthful and professional!  Glad to see you back!

16. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years ago

For what it's worth, I like 'em both. But I'm also a sucker for long hair! I also would have bet that I was a good bit older than you. I'm a well seasoned 42.

17. torino70 profile image60
    torino70posted 15 years ago

you are hot.........no doubt about that.

18. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

I love it when people use themselves as their profile pictures here.  It gives a sort of personal touch to the writing, IMO.

19. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

Dorsi, you are a beautiful woman and a wonderful Human being, which ever picture that you choose to use as your profile image take care......jimmy

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)