Pat Robertson 700 Club Blames Haiti People for Earthquake

Jump to Last Post 101-140 of 140 discussions (414 posts)
  1. Wingrider profile image63
    Wingriderposted 14 years ago

Maybe we could get a TV show?

2. Wingrider profile image63

Oh and Thanks!!!

3. Wingrider profile image63

We could call it the 666 club  .. eww!!!!!!!!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sign me up............. big_smile

4. Wingrider profile image63

Okay I just blew my chance of an uncrowded afterlife

5. Wingrider profile image63

Apparently you missed my post in another thread..    less tha

6. Wingrider profile image63

Apparently you missed my post in another thread..    less than a third of the worlds population has a chance of making it to heaven ,, I was thinking about joining up just to have a less crowded place to live in ,,, But hell .. we both just blew it!!!!!!!!

LOL

Not sure I want to go anyway. It seems to be full of religionists..........

7. Wingrider profile image63

They won't be there  ,, they ain't making it

Thank God for that............ wink

8. Wingrider profile image63

Where is the Pat Robertson fan club at ,,,??? I thought they defended their fearless leaders to the end???

9. Wingrider profile image63

I guarantee you you won't find any Vodka God followers falling by the wayside so quickly>>

Weenies, the lot of them.

I am not allowed the hard stuff while I quit smoking.

5th month now and I still didn't kill anyone.

Which is hard - living in France. With all those French people tempting me......... wink

1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought so!big_smilelol

No - you didn't or you would have been nice instead of attacking me. 

I would have clashed with you anyway.

I hate charlatans.

1. profile image0

Nice to you? You've treated me like I am a lump of dirt since I came to the forums.
            So you hate yourself?

10. Wingrider profile image63

At least we're committed.  Or is that need to be committed???

11. Wingrider profile image63

What time is it in the South of France anyhow???

12. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

creep |krēp|
    noun
    1 informal a detestable person.
    • a person who behaves in an obsequious way in the hope of advancement.

twit 1 |twit|
    noun informal
    a silly or foolish person.
    twit
    noun informal
    See fool noun sense 1 .

I never called you any of those things, but thank you for putting your hand up to them anyway. Well done. Eventually you may become a better person. wink

1. profile image0

The only time we think someone is speaking to us is when we agree.

13. Wingrider profile image63

Mark,
    you really need to improve your social skills ,,, the Vodka god demands it...   Otherwise you have to revert to brown liquor>>>

14. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

Jump that up to ignorant A$$

15. Wingrider profile image63

the man is a genius ,,, He just fails to abide by the rules of the vodka god ,,, perhaps he's on beer these days ,, who knows?

1. Paradise7 profile image69
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh come on, Pat Robertson a genius????  He's entirely ignorant of history, I can tell that much.

16. Wingrider profile image63

How do I start my own forum thread???   apparently the vodka god is not shinning on me right now!!!!!!!!!

17. Wingrider profile image63

not Pat ,, Mark

18. Wingrider profile image63

read!!!!!!!!!

19. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

Oh, Mark...well, Mark is Mark, y'know.  He's the most articulate when he indulges in ALL his vices.  His rhetoric gets to be the stuff of legends...fables...lawsuits...broken hearts!

20. Wingrider profile image63

that's the kind of stuff we live for!

21. Wingrider profile image63
  22. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Is everyone having fun? lol

23. easyspeak profile image66
    easyspeakposted 14 years ago

Pat's a moron, but he's a brother in Christ and I love him...even though he's an idiot.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was with you up till the end of "Pat's a moron" Lost me after that! smile

1. easyspeak profile image66
        easyspeakposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I'm a Christian.  He's kind of like a drunk uncle.  He's embarrassing and you have to make apologies for what he says...but he's still your uncle.

24. profile image0

Not all Ministers are judgmental.

Dr. Rodney Brown wrote:
    Revival Ministries International

Dear Friends and Partners,

As you know, Haiti has suffered a massive 7.0 magnitude earthquake that struck near the capital of Port-au-Prince on Tuesday, January 12th. The damage is extensive and it has been reported that the number of injured or dead is estimated to be in the hundreds, possibly in the thousands.

WE NEED YOUR HELP. Revival Ministries International has affiliates, missionaries, on the ground in Haiti that could use our help now.

Please, ask the Lord what He would have you to do. Your gift will go directly into the Haiti Fund. It doesn't matter what you can give, prayer, your time, food, clothes or money.

That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute…(1 Tim. 6:18 )

Together, please know that we are making an ETERNAL DIFFERENCE in the lives of others.

Help us help Haiti. We are ALL God's children (Offer your gift directly to the Good News Crusades.)

Thank you for your prayers and support.

25. profile image0

I'm a R.N. and had to take Chemistry too.

26. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

SOME PEOPLE SHOULD WAKE UP !
    LIFE IT'S NOT GOD'S DREAM

How can some of you be so heartless!!
    Makes me wonder...What have you learned from your religion?
    hatred and despise?
    WOW !!!

1. creepy profile image55
      creepyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i learned jesus loves me this i know

How sad. Thousands dead and you need to make it all about you. sad

2. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good boy!
        Learned your lesson well.
        I'm sure you'll get your reward

2. profile image0

Oh my goodness..Tantrum? Hello lady.
      Nice picture. Who's the cutie?

1. tantrum profile image60

A friend from Costa Rica.
        So Deborah, are you awake or still dreaming ?

(My daughter is called Deborah, by the way. Is that your real name ? )

1. profile image0

Yes, real name and real spelling. Hebrew Deborah not the English Debra.
          Dreaming? Because I didn't know it was you?
          So your friend? Friendly?

Dreaming...I mean , Do you believe Haiti is God's punishment or simply Nature?

and my friend is a dear friend, that's all.

1. profile image0

OH Well..friends are good.

No..If God was going to punish Haiti, he would have to punish everyone. No Country does anything worse then another.
              Well, some cut people's heads off. But God hasn't punished them.

27. tantrum profile image60

Good!
    It looks like everybody's awake !

28. profile image0

Do you guys who keep saying Haiti practiced Voodoo and was punished for it, even know anything about Voodoo? Or did you just see it on TV and think you know it all?

Too many Hollywood movies! lol

And all that zombies ! lol

29. tantrum profile image60

So here we go again!!!
    Prejudging people for not believing in God.
    and sex is a sin and blablabla !!!
    and voodoo again, and being a sinner and apart from God !

and nobody has to see a light in any tunnel.
    some people don't believe in that, OK ?
    that doesn't mean they have to suffer for it.

30. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Your god is stronger than my god ? what BS.... big_smile

31. tantrum profile image60

@kneed2know

It looks like you need 2 know a lot!
    About the World, about Man, about judgments, and above all about Love.

1. profile image51
      kneed2knowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

tantrum

what i need to know about the world, about man, about judgement, and about love,i may still be learning but it seems like you have it all conquered.

this world of yours is going from bad to worse, because of what is being done in it & to it by people everyday. things we do always come back to haunt us in one way or another. eat the wrong foods, drinking, drugs, smoking, this invites diseases & sickness in to your bodies, disobey the law  of man you are fined for it or go to jail.man is usely ready to war over the drop of a hat , over the dumbest things. they do not like anyone telling them  what to do always thinking they know what is best even as children we know it all & usely  that does not change as we grow up ,not thinking of what awaits us . soon our looks are disappearing, hair thinning, weight gain all over our bodies, not as big & powerful in the body as we once was . looking for ways to hide the wrinkles, bulges , flabby skin, gray hair  trying to hang onto the days of our youth now fading. look at your parents/ grandparents. do you think they always looked this way or just because you are special this stage will pass you by.

i have been accused of trying to pass my religion on others & for judging, and weather you believe or not does not change anything of GODS will or not.it will come to pass.

if some think what i say is hateful or hurtfull they are all truths.... and for those who say judge not or to remove the mote from my own eye, GOD has already sit his judgements for us to follow in the moral laws & what he hates. jesus was saying not for us to judge but not to be hypocrites like the pharisees who do one thing & exalting themselves in public on their precieved righteousness while sinning in private.(LUKE 11:37-52)

stephen was caught & tried by the sanhedrin on lies by people who opposed the gospel. he accursed ( judged them) of being stiff-necked uncircumsized hearts,like their fathers.

paul judged peter in ( gal. l2:11-14) for his action in public in front of all..  GOD has told us the things that are right & just in his eyes and we are to stand firm in the faith on his words..

my love for my fellow man is not the same as some of you here. i worry more about GOD saving their souls from hell that which is spiritual, not carnal.

i see great things taking place in haiti ,all peoples pulling together to help freely giving their all & more. maybe you will find a little prayer might help. who are they thanking,praying to.paul no god who does not exist, or to the world or man or love..... NOPE they are thanking & praying to GOD... GODS blessing be on them to make them stong....

Tell us your real name and where you live instead of hiding behind a pretend name to spout this nonsense.

Why are you so scared you need to disguise who you are? See? This makes everything you say a hateful lie. In fact - if I believed in such crap, I would suggest you are the devil come to push people away from Christianity, because you are doing a sterling job.

You are all that is why no one believes in your ridiculous god any more. LOLOL

You have no truth to share and you do not know the meaning of the word "love," because it certainly does not involve "I told you GOD would kill those who practice voodoo and now they are thanking GOD for killing their families and sparing them. lol lol

Thank you for reminding us all where your beliefs belong. wink

you say: 'the world of yours '
        So now you're an expert in my world !! LOLOLOL!
        do you know me?! You are so insulting, I can't believe it.

Your words:

'....eat the wrong foods, drinking, drugs, smoking, this invites diseases & sickness in to your bodies, disobey the law  of man you are fined for it or go to jail.man is usely ready to war over the drop of a hat , over the dumbest things. they do not like anyone telling them  what to do always thinking they know what is best even as children we know it all & usely  that does not change as we grow up ,not thinking of what awaits us . soon our looks are disappearing, hair thinning, weight gain all over our bodies, not as big & powerful in the body as we once was . looking for ways to hide the wrinkles, bulges , flabby skin, gray hair  trying to hang onto the days of our youth now fading. look at your parents/ grandparents. do you think they always looked this way or just because you are special this stage will pass you by.'

So this is MY WORLD! Wow ! thanks !! mad

I agree entirely with Mark Knowles.

And how can you be so arrogant as to say your truths are The Truths !! Pleaassseeee again !!!
        Do you read what you write ??

3. profile image49
        The Paulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The thing of it is, just like my beliefs can't alter the metaphysics of the universe, neither can your personal arrogance.

You read whatever holy texts you think are revealed, presumably including the Bible, you find a way to use that text to support what you want to believe, and you declare your personal opinions and fantasies to be the will of God.

Your arrogance doesn't make it so, and it does not excuse your callousness in blaming a disaster on its victims.

1. Friendlyword profile image61
          Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Friendlyword profile image61
            Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

(NEEDY...)
            Why do people ignore facts and embrace the most hateful parts of the Bible that supports their hate? As I said earlier your religion is coming to an end.  Not the world, not the truly God loving and good intentioned people in this world.  Just your empire of lies and hate. Martin Luther King said it best. NO LIE CAN LIVE FOREVER! Dont think for a minute I didn't notice your sudden shift to all peace and love after you condemed the people of Haiti. I aint fallin for it! You and that Animal Pat Robertson(and I say animal because as of today; I have not heard him apologize yet)...just dont get it. You said something that should have never even entered your mind, but sense it obviously entered your mind; the goodness in your heart should have stop those words from ever passing your lips. Let's see if you can understand the rage and shock and horror people felt when they heard that animal make his comment..A man that had to bury thousands of people in a mass grave today said "I saw so many children...so many children."

4. profile image54
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I suspect that's not entirely accurate. Most believers are only interested in themselves and their own personal salvation. They could give a rats patootie about mankind and terrestrial problems. This world is a mere stepping stone to some greater existence as far as they're concerned.

Hence, we really don't have to look that far for answers as to why the worlds in such bad shape.

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Prove it.

1. profile image54

Good morning, SirDent! How are all the little dents?

1. profile image0

They are all well and good still smoothing out a little at a time.

1. profile image54

Can you prove it?

1. profile image0

Only if you knew me before.

What does my dents have to do with your statement that all believers are only out for themselves?

A little fact for you. Christian Charity is the foundation of all charities in the US.

1. profile image49

C'mon.  If you're going to lie for Jesus don't tell obvious lies for Jesus.  It doesn't help Jesus' image any.

2. profile image54

Then, lets use your own words:

3. Flightkeeper profile image67
                    Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that's true Sir Dent, considering that the US was established by Christian people, it would make sense that christian charity was the underlying model in the US.

Very Needy !!!

32. profile image57
    hubzealotposted 14 years ago

Wow. It's amazing that people can be that...umm... insensitive at the time of tragedy.

33. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

Pat probably had relatives who lost money when the slaves in Haiti rebelled.

34. Artin2010 profile image65
    Artin2010posted 14 years ago

Yep, insane! I'll bet he's not happy that he said that now, as much controversy as it has stirred. I could be wrong though.

35. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

This is why I find MOST evangelist/preaching religious people so disgusting.

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why? Sir Dent did not start the "give me proof" BS, he is simply standing firm - that disgusts you?

1. Pr0metheus profile image57
        Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, standing firm by saying unfortunate people made a deal with the devil.  Way to follow the teachings of your prophet (by which I mean ignore them completely and preach whatever makes you feel self-righteous and more important than other people, therefore feeding your Ego).

I believe in a god, btw... so your "give me proof" argument has no bearing.  I think it's disgusting how they shun people for taking a different path to the top of the mountain.

1. profile image0

Read back through this thread and find where I said they made a pact with the devil.

I wasn't talking about you, I replied to the original post.

36. Pr0metheus profile image57

I don't see how the YMCA and what not form the foundation of all charities.

37. Pr0metheus profile image57

Still doesn't show how they are the foundation of all charities....  Yes, they were early charities.  Everything early in this nation was Christian, in case you didn't notice.

1. profile image0

It seems everything is taken away from Christian principles. The laws, charities, etc. . .

1. profile image49

Another positive declaration.  Prove it.

2. Pr0metheus profile image57

Well Christian principles were taken from Jewish Principals, so technically everything was inspired by the Jews.

Look, you can't stake claim on solid principles.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out that "Thou Shalt Not Kill" is a good rule for any society.  While we're at it, maybe you should realize that religion is nothing more than an outdated form of government...

1. profile image0

Jesus Christ is before the law and before man also.

Religion might be a form of government, but Jesus is the past, present, and future of existance.

Yes, default to your false statements which have no basis.  Jesus' characteristics (even down to the death and resurrection, his birthday, etc) were based on prophets before.  Its sad that when you have no decent response to a statement you default to something that has no basis whatsoever.

Dear god, please bring me a better challenge.

P.S. It's existence, not existance.

1. profile image0

I thought it was a great challenge to get you to show me how to spell.

1. Jerami profile image58
                Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that spelling is overated. As long as it is close enough that people know what we are talking about.
                   Just joking ... sorta ??

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
                Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. pylos26 profile image71
            pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this

O.K. dent...then where's the BEEF ?

1. profile image0

It is generally on cattle until they are butchered properly.

38. pylos26 profile image71
    pylos26posted 14 years ago

Pat Robertson 700 Club Blames Haiti People for Earthquake

Well I reckon that makes them god then. Go figure.

39. Mamelody profile image60
    Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

well its well known that Haiti is a vodoo nation so am assuming he meant that being friends with the devil doesn't pay..

40. profile image49
    cyranoseposted 14 years ago

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is God both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?

(Epicurus 341 – 371 BCE)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)