I have been denied Google AdSense - But I found Google Ads in my Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (32 posts)
  1. cupid51 profile image69
    cupid51posted 14 years ago

I have been denied Google AdSense. May be due to the following reason:
    "Your site must have been active for at least 6 months before you apply for AdSense."

As I have joined only less than three weeks back in hubpages, the above reason may be valid for the denial. But still I found Google Ads are there in all my hubs.(That  may be due the default setting.)

My query is whether Google puts their Ads on a somebody's website or hub who doesn't have a google Adsense account?

1. bonny2010 profile image58
      bonny2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

same thing happened to me cupid haven't the faintest idea what to do sorry

cupid51posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks bonny for the response. Let's see what happens.

2. Dreamz025 profile image57
      Dreamz025posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Google is the most cruel association I had ever seen... They will disable account very easily.... They are doing this for fame of adsene... If you are applying from hubpages, anyway google will get their money... But if your account is dissabled your money will go to hubapages...
      So this is a combined play of google and hubpages...

2. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 14 years ago

60% of the ads shown is you, 40% is HubPages.

If you don't have an Adsense Publisher ID then it's 0% you and 100% HubPages.

Thanks darkside for the response.

3. Greg Cremia profile image60
    Greg Cremiaposted 14 years ago

google doesn't put the ads on your hub, the hub staff does that

Thank you Greg for the reply.

4. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

If you apply to AdSense through HubPages, we have an agreement with Google to get new accounts approved.  Occasionally, they will have new staff that aren't aware of our agreement and will deny folks, but we can usually get it cleared up with an email.

However, if you apply to AdSense directly, it's possible to be denied for the reason you listed, so I recommend applying through us if you are just starting out.

Since HubPages uses the Google AdSense API, we are able to place the ads on HubPages automatically on your behalf.  You won't need to touch any code or do anything once you have AdSense active on HubPages.

Thank you paul for the clarification. But I like to tell you that I have applied through hub pages Affiliate program.
      It would be great if you can push it through.
      Thanks again for the response.

2. profile image61
      shags38posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Paul, how do I verify that my google adsense code, publisher id, is in fact in the html of my hub and that I am getting credited for clicks??
      When I set up my hub I was not asked for my adsense code as is the case on some other blogging sites.

cheers, shags38

1. Dan Smith profile image60
        Dan Smithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's easy to verify that your PublisherID is one Adsense is using.

Adsense is added to a page through javascript code.  Javascript code runs client-side, and must be passed from the server to the client.  So, any page with Adsense on it has the javascript code embedded in it.  When you view the HTML source you can see the Adsense and check the PublisherID.

For a real world example, let say your publisherID is "pub-1234123412341234" (that's an ID I made up, but it could be a real one).

View the HTML source of your hub and search for the PublisherID.  Or search for "google_ad_client".  When you see your publisherID in the Adsense, you are getting credit for the ads.  If you see another publicherID than someone else is.

FYI:  here is what the Adsense code looks like...

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
        google_ad_client="pub-1234123412341234";google_ad_width="160";google_ad_height="600";google_ad_format="160x600_as";google_ad_type="text_image";google_color_border="FFFFFF";google_color_bg="FFFFFF";google_color_link="0033FF";google_color_url="000000";google_color_text="000000";
        //--></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"></script>

2. thisisoli profile image70
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Check your affiliate settings in the 'My Account' section to see if your adsense ID is there.

You might have to check the page source a couple of times to find your adsense code, since you code is only displayed 60% of the time.

5. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

Paul does that mean that if an Indian hubber gets rejected by google then you can sort out the problem with google.....I am just curious..

Thank you englightenedsoul for raising the point. Let me hope for the best.

6. maheshpatwal profile image65
    maheshpatwalposted 14 years ago

Paul.......

Same problem is faced by me while applying through hubpages........ my account has been disabled by google service desk........ would appreciate if you can help me out in reinstating my account.......  please.....

7. Imagin profile image60
    Imaginposted 14 years ago

Sad..I written a hub after putting a lot of brain and time LOL
    it was difficult as im not experienced.

But adsense is telling the following thing...

Hello ****** ******(Name hidden)

Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after
    reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into Google AdSense
    at this time.

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.

Issues:

- Page Type

---------------------

Further detail:
    Page Type: In order to participate in Google AdSense, publishers' websites
    and application information must satisfy the following guidelines:

- Your website must be your own top-level domain (www.example.com and not
    www.example.com/mysite).
    - You must provide accurate personal information with your application
    that matches the information on your domain registration.
    - Your website must contain substantial, original content.
    - Your site must comply with Google AdSense program policies:
    https://www.google.com/adsense/policies" which include Google's webmaster
    quality guidelines:
    http://www.google.com/support/webmaster … 69#quality

Hubpages staff please help!!!

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One hub?

Stick around for 6 months and publish a dozen more.

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are two problems, 1) it appears that you applied with Google AdSense directly, instead of applying through HubPages.  Going through HubPages will absolve you of the requirement that you own your domain, and 2) Applications for Google AdSense from India and China now require that your account or site be at least 6 months old.

As others have said, create another hub or two and then wait 5 more months and then apply again.  You'll likely be approved.

In the meantime, as long as your hubs are not commerical in nature, you can turn of the ads altogether if you like.  Just uncheck the "commercial" check box and set the ad level to none.

1. Imagin profile image60
        Imaginposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pauldeeds....Great help..Thanks.

Agreed..I needa write few more..and wait some time.

But one more question.
        U r right that I applied directly through Adsense.

So now what to do? Hubpages not allowing me to apply through it..because it says its already with adsense.

Is there any way I can apply through Hubpages using same email id?

Nice help..Thanks again.

8. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

I also reached out to Google to discuss getting accounts for India and China approved quickly.  I'll let you know as soon as we hear.

1. Imagin profile image60
      Imaginposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am highly impressed the way Hubpages staffs are guiding the newbies.

And actively working to sort out issues.Really nice.

2. cupid51 profile image69

Thanks Paul. That is so nice of you. I am an Indian and I don't know really the reason for Google to bar us for 6 months! I have joined only 3 weeks back and I have published 16 hubs. I could have been encouraged if I would see some earnings through it.
      Anyway I am not going to stop my writing. I am highly impressed by the HubPages staffs and like to thank all of you.

9. cindyvine profile image71
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Hey, when you publish a hub and those two tick boxes come up, one for the content and the other saying it's a commercial hub or something, do you leave them ticked or unticked?

10. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I'm impressed the Hubpages staff have managed to talk to Google, although I vaguley remember something about the staff of hubpages coming from Google or something!

11. AllanWrites profile image60
    AllanWritesposted 14 years ago

I don't know if the policies have changed or something, but I've been a member of adsense for ages and it was slow but easy to get in... I guess that was back in like 2005-2006 or so... contact them, though it's notoriously hard to get a reply from google

12. cupid51 profile image69
    cupid51posted 14 years ago

I posted a reply earlier but it has gone to a wrong thread! The following message is for you Paul:

"Thanks Paul.It is so nice of you. I am an Indian and I don't know really the reason for Google to bar us for 6 months! I have joined only 3 weeks back and I have published 16 hubs. I could have been encouraged if I would see some earnings through it.
    Anyway I am not going to stop my writing. I am highly impressed by the HubPages staffs and like to thank all of you."

13. timorous profile image80
    timorousposted 14 years ago

I joined 6 days ago, put up my first hub, applied directly at Google AdSense (not through Hubpages) 2 days later.  Where they ask the domain name, I didn't know whether to put in just [http://hubpages.com], or the full address to my hub page [http://hubpages.com/hub/Natural-Healthy-Diet].  I chose the latter.

I got a notice from Google less than 30 hours later, saying my application had been approved.  Note: I was already signed up for Google Webmaster Tools (for my own website).  Perhaps that had some bearing on it.

I came back to Hubpages, and set up the AdSense access tie-in.  It was quite easy.  I'm sorry to hear that some of you have had so many problems.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Timorous, welcome. You'll notice it's almost always an Indian Hubber who posts these questions. Google has been overwhelmed with spam sites from India and China and has therefore imposed a 6-month waiting period for bloggers from that country. 

That's created the misconception that it's hard to get an Adsense account for people in other countries - but from your experience, that's still working pretty much as normal.

14. maheshpatwal profile image65
    maheshpatwalposted 14 years ago

Timorous you are very lucky mate......... here my account has been disabled by google for the reason best known to them.............  Its only the status of my affiliate settings which says my account has been disabled on account of TOS voilation however i'm successfully able to log in to google adsense account it does not show any such messages................ i;m a newbie would appreciate if any one can help me out..........

15. Vimlaksh G profile image68
    Vimlaksh Gposted 14 years ago

The best way to get Adsense account is through Blogger. Just start one or two blogs and after six months you have your Adsense account that you can use on HP smile

1. Gypsy Willow profile image64
      Gypsy Willowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@ Paul Emondson

My Adsense account was terminated for Tos violation. Is it possible to get reinstated? My earnings reached an astounding $38 in one year with 79 hubs so I have no idea why this happened. My hubs are peppered with ads still. I have not written a hub since as I feel very discouraged. Can you help?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)