Anyone looking forward to the NFL Season?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Bruce Bostwick profile image71
    Bruce Bostwickposted 15 years ago

Is there anybody ready for the NFL to begin play?  I am for sure.  Last season we almost saw the impossible with New England attempting to go 19-0 but alas it proves that it is a very difficult feat.  I will make one bold prediction and this is probably the most obvious one:  Nobody will go 19-0 and I also will predict that New England won't go 16-0 in the regular season this year.

Anybody got picks for the Super Bowl?  For the AFC, at this moment it's hard to pick against New England to represent them and for the NFC I think is a bit more open.  The New York Giants are the favorites mainly because of winning last season.  NFC I'm not sure yet.

2. crashcromwell profile image66
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

My main sport is baseball, and as long as there is a pennant race involving the World Champion Boston Red Sox, that will have my attention. I do, however, follow the other Boston sports teams, and will be intrigued to see how long the Pats regular season winning streak can continue. In that regard, I'll be happy when the season starts.

My guess is that the Pats will be probably 13-3 or 14-2, which is what they probably should have been this past year, except they got lucky a bit. And I'll predict that they will be the champions because I think the Giants were a fluke and I don't see anyone but maybe Indianapolis challenging them for the AFC title.

3. DJ Funktual profile image76
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

My Giants won it all and I'm still reeling over it.  We beat the unbeatable on the biggest stage for arguably the greatest Super Bowl game ever played. 

I can't look back at Football UNTIL my NY Mets win it all too. 

The Mets collapse last season was the worst my team has ever looked.   
    A low to equate with the high of winning the SB.
    Redemption is at hand.

4. Bruce Bostwick profile image71

I know the Giants got rid of Shockey but I'm not so sure if that's really going to hurt them so much.  They did win it all without him.

It's going to be a tough call for the NFC to pick from that side.  The Giants I would expect would be ranked as the favorite from the NFC and maybe to win it all with New England being 2nd.

5. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

People, people, people- we are all in denial.

The Eagles will clearly be the winners of the superbowl...!

1. College politico profile image60
      College politicoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I must agree

6. Sprinkler Man profile image56
    Sprinkler Manposted 15 years ago

The Cowboys will be 19-0 this season!!!

1. College politico profile image60
      College politicoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I must disagree... Strongly

1. WeddingConsultant profile image66
        WeddingConsultantposted 15 years agoin reply to this

ditto.
        Pretty boy QB is way overrated...so is his partner in crime, TO. TO sucked as an eagle and he sucks as a cowboy.

7. DJ Funktual profile image76

To be honest I think the Cowboys are better than Philly this coming year.

8. spryte profile image74
    spryteposted 15 years ago

I've washed my Pat's jersey of last year's tears...and I'm ready for revenge.

1. DJ Funktual profile image76
      DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry for your tears but... NYG baby.   We hadn't won it in like 18 years. 
      What could Pats/Red Sox fans possibly have to cry about THESE DAYS.  Lil' spoiled?

SOMETHING MUST BE SAID SO I'M GONNA SAY IT.

IF BRETT FAVRE DOESN'T STOP THIS BS RIGHT NOW AND RETIRE I WILL LOSE ALL REMAINING RESPECT FOR HIM. 
      You've done it, now move the f** on and play with your kids.

1. spryte profile image74
        spryteposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The only thing that made it bearable was that the loss was to NYG.  As I told my husband during the Super Bowl...although I wanted the Pats to win, I was happy it would be to my second favorite team. 

You are probably going yah...right.  You can't have two teams you greedy little wench.  But I can since I was raised an AF brat...and the two places I spent most of my life in were NJ (born there...relatives there) and NH (thirty years there). 

Plus...I can relate to that whole 18 years thing as a Red Sox fan and the old "Curse of the Bambino" thing.

And you are right...I'm spoiled smile  I want it ALL!!!

1. crashcromwell profile image66
          crashcromwellposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I concur with that. My dad grew up a Giants fan before the Pats existed, so I've always had a soft spot for them. If another team had to win it all, I'm glad it was them, not to mention that they probably deserved to win the regular season finale too.

9. talented_ink profile image60
    talented_inkposted 15 years ago

I've been ready for the football season since the Giants won the Super Bowl.  I've been going through withdrawals.  Seriously, check out www.sportinformant.com and look under football.  I've already done my predictions for next season.  It was before Favre started crying about coming back, and before Jason Taylor became a Redskin, but I don't think either two pieces of news changes my predictions by more than a game or two.  My hub that says "Brett Favre is dead!  Long live Favre!" explains how I feel about that situation.  Sprinkler man...19-0?  I've been a Cowboys' fan since Tom Landry was the coach, but I'm giving my boys 14-2 in the regular season, but that's just me being modest.

10. DJ Funktual profile image76

No judgment here on that.  I too have a second favorite team.  But mine is far far away in the AFC West.  Since a childhood moment in front of the TV watching Dan Fouts I have been a SD Chargers fan!   I love the Bolts!  I was SD when they beat Miami in the AFC Championship Game. I love Natrone Means business, Seau & Ronnie Harmon, Marion Butts, Humphries, but the only thing I don't like about the Chargers is that a young man named LaDamian decided to take the nickname LT (WHICH IS TAKEN BY THE GREATEST PASS RUSHING  LB of ALL-TIME)  Why the hell didn't he just use LD.  La - Damian!?  It drives me nuts.

It speaks volumes about how young people everywhere have no history!   

Respect to LT - the Hall of Famer who they changed the game around!

11. DJ Funktual profile image76

That was the trade-off I guess.  we lost the battle but won the war!

12. Bruce Bostwick profile image71

I watched the Super Bowl.  I picked New England mainly because picking against them last season would have looked foolish but I also realized there was no way that game was gonna be a blow out 'cause I knew the Giants were going to be very tough.  It was within 3 points like I thought it would be.  That was a good game though.  I think Las Vegas was ridiculous making a huge point spread.

This whole story about Favre is just sickening.  I got tired of it right away.  I wish they'd just resolve it so we can stop hearing the daily Favre coverage.

It's going to be an interesting NFC as I still believe it is up for grabs with the Giants being the front runners because of being the defending Super Bowl Champions.

13. Morrikai profile image61
    Morrikaiposted 15 years ago

I see New England being the favorite but they are going to come back to the pack this season, maybe 12-4. I see Indy, Cleveland, Houston, San Diego and maybe Jacksonville challenging. Injuries will be a huge factor this year.
    The NFC has some good teams this year such as Dallas, Philly, Seattle and New Orleans.

Super Bowl: NE 31...Dallas 27

14. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

The NFC, specifically NFC East, has always been a strong, competitive devision in the NFL.

But maybe I'm just biased.

Go Eagles!

15. spooon profile image47
    spooonposted 15 years ago

If the Texans can stay healthy and keep our QB off the stretcher I think we can make some people unhappy this year. Too bad our division has 3 playoff teams. DOOOH

Maybe the Texans needs to move to the NFC so we too can get some free wins.

16. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

I'm holding out for hockey season.

17. allshookup profile image60
    allshookupposted 15 years ago

I think I'm ready. Well, I'm mostly ready. I'm trying to get my players lined up for my draft on Monday. But, with all the injuries this pre-season, I keep having to update it. Peyton losing the center he's had since he got to Indy was rough. Also, Eli has had people hurt, people traded and people retire, Bret's in a different color green. This season should be exciting.

18. Bruce Bostwick profile image71

I really hope the season is rather exciting.  The Texans are probably in one of the toughest divisions so it's going to be really hard to make it to the post-season.

19. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

You are all wrong, The Chargers baby!  If not them than I have to root for my home team, Seahawks!  Whoo hoo.  Though it is not a very pleasant sight in my house when the Chargers are playing the Seahawks, I am always torn. 

I like the Eagles and Cowboys too...this sport is just....so.....soo.....emotional for me.

20. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

I cannot believe all my teams lost Sunday.

Booo!

The Chargers played a great game but I must have ginxed it because I walked away confident during the last 6 seconds.  I will never do that again.

The Seahawks got shamed, it must have been because I couldn't watch the game.  Darn broadcasting companies!  Good think I am getting a cable box sometime today so this cannot happen again.

And while I cannot stand the Patriots,  I am upset they lost.  You know, it is a love hate thing.

21. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 15 years ago

I'm pretty sure the Pats won, but they did lost Brady for the season.  I'm actually really looking forward to watching former USC Trojan backup Cassel play.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)