How Was Your Valentine's Day?

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (97 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey Hubberville,

Did you Valentine's Day surprise you?

Did your other half do something special for you?

Did you do something special for your other half?

What happened? Keep it clean wink

I spent my day with my mother, had a visit from my sister and her daughter. I got my mother a red rose.

I'm single, so there is no other half for me. smile

So, there wasn't anyone but HubPages' Women, which was taken care of via my published hubs.

But, please do tell all about your Valentine's Day?

Cagsil

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Cags.  It sounds like you had a lovely day.  We did too, just spending time together.  There was also the sharing of flowers and chocolate, but that is secondary.

I enjoyed your special hub.  It is really nice.

Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you smile

2. Three-Legged Dog profile image64
      Three-Legged Dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just another day, really... laundry, cleaning, writing.

But hubby cooked dinner for me - steak and stone crab claws!   I helped.  I can't help NOT HELPING in the kitchen. 

Snuggled on the couch watching the Olympics and the Daytona 500.  Napped a lot yesterday.  What an exciting life we lead.

Then we tried some of our homemade beer for the first time.  Yummy!

That's my kinda day... just being together.

Sounds like you had a pretty good day overall. That's cool. smile

3. TheGlassSpider profile image63
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He grunted "Happy Valentine's Day" to me in the morning and behaved rudely for most of the rest of the day.

He said he wasn't feeling well, and when I asked what was going on he chewed my head off.

He reminded me for the second time to "go easy" on the soda, even though I only had one all day "to make sure HE has enough"

I fell asleep because I was exhausted from traveling for school only to have him elbow me awake and rudely tell me I was snoring.

Happy Valentine's Day indeed.

I made him a steak for dinner. I'll kill him with kindness. LOL.

4. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Happy Valentine's Day Cagsil... It sounds like you had a very nice day.  Be happy you are single... my "other half" is some creature from the darkside.  Shortly before Valentine's Day, one of my so called friends took enormous delight in informing me that my husband is on a website that caters to people who want to discretely cheat on their spouses.  I guess if she found him, the website must not be so discrete after all. WOW, I wonder who thought that up?  As if relationships aren't hard enough to maintain.  So, that was my Unhappy Valentine. I went into a complete rant and wrote a hub about how I felt. It made me feel much better to get it all out. Take care.

1. Anath profile image61
        Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear that.  Keep the mood up!

2. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Mine was a good day with my family, enlivened by by visiting a different church.  Lets just say it was good for a laugh, if nothing else.  smile

BTW, Cagsil, enjoyed your hubs, and plan to read them more carefully in the near future.

I'm glad to hear you had a good day. Especially, the good laughter you received in light of a church? tongue

It wonderful to see others having good days. I'm very happy many enjoyed the hub. There is a lot of information and the interviews were last minute thought, but I realize that I never mentioned it in any of the text. lol lol

So, I guess it was a surprise to some. big_smile smile

1. Ivorwen profile image66
        Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't want to insult anyone's beliefs or turn this into a religious discussion, but I always have to laugh when I see people who claim to be being 'filled with the Holy Spirit' acting like complete fools with no self control.   

It is one thing to speak in tongues to the benefit of someone else or with an interpretation, but just for show?  I find it a complete misuse and laughable.  When I have spoken in tongues it has always been to help someone, and I have rarely know it was happening until later, when I realized the people spoke a language I did not know.

Thank you for your honesty. smile big_smile

3. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

sigh.  hmm:

Hi Cags big_smile

Hey Lyrics. Yeah, I know. big_smile

4. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Hi CAGS,,  I took care of a friend who just gave birth, her hubby is in IRAQ -- I went to Lousisiana ---

hhmmm, thats my V day LOL< I cooked for her and her other daughter age 3, we had fun and I gave her a rose, she also gave me a rose and said thank you, she almost cried -- she is alone and her baby,

That was a very sweet way for your to spend your Valentine's Day. I'm very glad you two exchanged flowers, to show appreciation for one another.

I'm glad you have fun. smile

5. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

One more single year for me. My city was in Level-6 as we had terrorist attack on 13th. But i celebrated it online. big_smile

6. jonathanacosta17 profile image61
    jonathanacosta17posted 14 years ago

*sigh*
    10 month old daughter woke up and interrupted my red light special pole dancing for the missus. sad

kids. gotta love 'em

hope everyone else had a good time. smile

Sorry to hear. But, I hope you still valued the experience. smile

7. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I had a good day.  wink

I'm glad to hear Justine. smile

8. jenblacksheep profile image68
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

I visited my boyfriend for the weekend but had to spend Valentine's Day travelling home (he lives four hours away), which kinda sucked. On Saturday night we went out for a really nice meal in a fancy italian restaurant which was very very good.

I'm so unromantic though; I told him that Valentine's Day was just like any other day, told him to save his money and not buy me a present (we're saving up to live together), and complained that the card he bought me was too big and wouldn't fit in my bag. He knows I love him though, and thats all that really matters big_smile

You sound like you still enjoyed yourself. smile

9. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

I'm also single so I spent the day with a friend and her boyfriend, then in the evening I just watched tv and took my dog for a long,long walk...Then watched more tv..My life is so exciting tongue

Well, the way you described your day, you don't make sound like it wasn't worth doing. So, it must have been a good day, just not great. smile wink tongue

1. profile image0
        StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil, you are right it could have been much worse..I'm happy with where I am in life..I will find someone to share it with someday, like tomorrow!!! Wishful thinking wink

Well, your positive nature will help you. Maybe tomorrow? One can never tell. smile big_smile wink

10. profile image0

btw still here.  Tic Tac?  big_smile

Nice to know. And, no thank you on the tic tac. smile

11. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

it was nice. no romantic partner at this time so it was spent with
    my youngest son and his girlfriend. we went out for breakfast, then came home to find a beautiful plant and chocolates from oldest son... afternoon we went out to the beach and walked along the causeway with our dog. evening relaxed in front of a warm, cozy fire. smile

thanks for the nice flowers and tribute with your valentines hub.
    very sweet and nice to see some of the lovely ladies of HP.  wink

Thank you Rebekah. I'm glad to hear you did have a good day. smile I'm also very happy you liked the hub. smile

12. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

We didn't do much really. Hubby really needed to go climbing for his back (it helps take the pressure off the spine and helps his back problems). I couldn't go because my ankle is not 100% healed yet but our mate wanted to go so they went. We decided to do a special and nice meal tonight instead big_smile

My latest favorite, lamb hamburgers! Yummy!

It still sounds like you had some fun or enjoyed yourself. And, I'm glad. smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I always love having the flat to myself! I get to play my music and potter around doing what I like big_smile
        I got some good writing done for some product hubs, got laundry done and just had a nice chilled out evening till they were done climbing. We did watch a movie last night and one of our favorite shows which we will do again tonight I smile. Think we might have an episode of Hero's to watch, some old star treck's that I did not see when they were new as I was actually a little kid then haha and a couple of movies to pick from. We record everything so as to be able to watch what we like when we like and save it to DVD if its good.

cool

13. Valerie F profile image59
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Hubby took me out for sushi and dancing the night before, as I had to be at work early on Sunday.

But before heading off to work, when everyone else was asleep, I left a loaf of white chocolate cherry swirl bread and a large bag of dates for the husband on the table.

Work went pretty nicely- some clients brought me some chocolate. Then I came home, made dinner for the family, and we watched some Olympics.

Sounds good. smile big_smile

2. Three-Legged Dog profile image64
      Three-Legged Dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

White chocolate cherry swirl bread?!?! 

Be MY valentine!

Do you have a recipe hub for that?!

14. profile image0

hey, just me big_smile

lol lol lol

15. Sa Toya profile image84
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

spent mine with my family...we watched some really good stuff on telly! smile

Hey Sa Toya, I'm glad your was peaceful. smile big_smile

1. Sa Toya profile image84
        Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cheers... lol tell me about it- me too.
        Though I must admit it can still be a little depressing, considering my friends and their love 'capades...c'es la vie and all that smile

Well, it's depressing being alone too, but it would depend on how you view it, I guess. smile tongue lol lol

16. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I don't have a significant other for now. I worked, including shoveling 3 ft of snow off the carport roof so it wouldn't collapse. I gave Valentines to my kids and their spouses and then bought lobster tails and made a nice dinner to share with a few friends. I'm glad to have such good friends. Today I'm just very fatigued from working so many hours over the weekend. I need a beach vacation...

Friends on Valentine's Day is good too. It doesn't have to be a special person. It's just a day to celebrate affection for one another. To help build our relationships(including friendships) stronger.

Many people think it's an exclusive holiday for only couples, but it's really not. smile So, I'm very happy you had enjoyment. smile

17. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

mine was bad ass

1. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine was bad ass too.

Glad to hear Blondepoet. smile

1. blondepoet profile image68

Glad to hear LMAO. sad sad

"Bad ass", is meant as extremely good. That's why I said glad for you.

If you had a bad day, then I apologize. sad

1. waynet profile image68
              waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had a bad ass once, must have been a bad curry!!

Sometimes you're just nasty. lol lol lol lol

2. blondepoet profile image68

LMAO I never knew bad ass meant a good day. No I didn't have a real good day Cags but your hub certainly cheered me up. smile

Well, I guess that's a good thing then. smile lol tongue

18. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

and the sex wasn't the high lite of the day

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

we won't tell your significant other you wrote that...

lol lol

Hey Sa Toya, I just took the picture that you have on your profile is now on the hub. lol lol lol lol

Thank you so kindly. smile big_smile

I'm down with that big_smile

Well, I didn't think you would mind. lol lol lol

19. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

It was absolutely wonderful and thank you as well for both of your hubs!!! Happy Belated Valentine's Day! smile

Thank You AEvans, you're a sweetheart. smile tongue big_smile

2. Sa Toya profile image84

Happy Belated to you too and everyone big_smile

Yeah Cags it can be a downer but only when viewed negatively big_smile

20. easybusinesslinks profile image60
    easybusinesslinksposted 14 years ago

It just flew by, time flies when your pissed on wine!

21. Anath profile image61
    Anathposted 14 years ago

Despite me saying that I didn't want any "cheesy" demonstrations of love on Valentine's day I had the whole lot.  My boy made me believe that he hadn't prepared anything apart from a romantic dinner for two.  With that I was happy, no presents or silly VD cards.  But after dinner and "after-dinner-delights" I came to find a  bed full of rose petals with silly little presents everywhere... you name it, it was there...chocolates, cuddly toys, chocolate shaped biscuits, more champagne and even a talking rabbit that wouldn't stop saying "I love you"!!!

That is what I call inmersion therapy for an AntiValentine's girl LOL

That sounds awesome. I'm very glad you had a great surprise. That's so cool. smile

1. Anath profile image61

It was, especially as I was not expecting anything and had warned him not to go cheesy with it!

22. i_am_Legend profile image61
    i_am_Legendposted 14 years ago

Alone Sucks!

23. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Well me and my inflatable doll women Mavis went to dinner and had a lovely night, although she burst later on because she sat on a big prick!

1. profile image0
      writebypenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMFAO you are hilarious lol lol still better than my night lol

1. yenajeon profile image71
        yenajeonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOLLL. Im glad you had your inflatable doll. A lonely V-Day is a no-no!

Most certainly, she's just in need of a good puncture repair after sitting on that prick!

2. Anath profile image61

I've seen a film where a man leaves his wife and children to move in with his silicone doll hmm

They caught me on film......nooooooooooo!

1. Anath profile image61

everyone knows about it now... they even filmed you driving a pink cadillac with your silicon girlfriend.

If you cannot repair your inflatable doll Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU33HLj1CWU for about 6000$ you can have a new girlfriend LOL

Wow hahaha silicone...might have to upgrade to silicone....sssh don't tell Mavis!

24. yenajeon profile image71
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

Hi Cagsil! Mine was very very good. My boyfriend came down and he made dinner wink (I'm a girl that likes to eat!) How was yours?

Mine was good. Thank you for asking. I'm happy to hear that you were happy. smile

25. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I took my wife and her sister out for dinner and we had gifts all around!smile

cool cool Glad to hear it. smile

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm actually house trained.smile

Domesticated. Nice, wife must love it. lol lol

26. keira7 profile image60
    keira7posted 14 years ago

Hi Cagsil, well for me, my husband is not home at the moment. So it was Valentines by phone. But I received a lot of flowers. I also received a beautiful flower from a wonderful hubber. I was really touched. I will say to him again "thank you"smile

I'm glad to hear you got lots of flowers. That's always cool. smile

27. keira7 profile image60
    keira7posted 14 years ago

Thanks my dear Casgil, have a lovely night. See you soon.smile

Good night Keira. smile

28. holmesjenn profile image60
    holmesjennposted 14 years ago

10 years ago I started celebrating the day with friends. We need to celebrate friendships more then we do and this seemed like a good day. This year I was surprised by a card in my door from my father, a valentine from a dear friend, and the movie Valentines Day with friends. It was a great day.

I'm glad to hear that you got a surprise. That helps make it even better. smile

29. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

its boring

It's boring? Why was your Valentine's Day boring? Or do you not recognize it was a holiday? Just curious. smile

30. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Well since I had to work last night my boyfriend and I started Valentine's Day Saturday night.

He picked me up and we exchanged gifts. I had gotten him his favorite body wash, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition, a card, and dinner at his favorite restaurant.

He got me a beautiful card and a couples massage. He knows how stressful and busy both of our lives are and knew this would be perfect!

We went downtown and saw a great reggae band and then had reservations at a super yummy romantic restaurant. We walked around afterwards (it was a little chilly out). Then went home and yeah yeah yeah.

The next morning I ran out while he was still sleeping and got groceries for breakfast. Then I made french toast with cinnamon whipped cream. We ate breakfast and watched a movie on the couch until I had to get ready for work.

Awesome!! cool

31. pooja0908 profile image60
    pooja0908posted 14 years ago

Surprisingly Cool.

1. ShallyD profile image61
      ShallyDposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why Surprisingly..........!!! and Why cool........ !!!

32. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

It was not what I expected

33. Megavitamin profile image69
    Megavitaminposted 14 years ago

My fella and I ate a lot of cheese, drank wine, and watched a ton of movies:  "Heathers" "The Lovely Bones" "Let the Right One In" and "Brothers"--way romantic selection, ha!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)