Average amount of time until profit?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Katherine Fulton profile image58
    Katherine Fultonposted 15 years ago

Hello there! I'm rather new here, having just joined yesterday, but I'm curious about the average amount of time it takes before Hubbers start generating revenue for their Hubs. I understand that it will not be instantaneous - nor do I expect it to be. I'm just curious as to the average experience of the average Hubber.

I was laid off in August, so obviously any supplemental income I can generate while between jobs would be very welcome. Have any of you found that some affiliates are more profitable than others, or are they all about equal? Are there any specific tricks to getting readers to click on ads?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

1. profile image0
      Anitha1978posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Im new here too but from what i have seen a  good information lense on an important and interesting topic coupled with building good friendship among fellow friends here and promoting your work will go a long way in attracting good traffic. Dont be afraid of seeking help from friends here Ask their opinion about your published work and turn the critisms into constructive ideas. Thats how its going for me so far though i don't think it's very nice to ask for tricks to make fellow readers click on ads. lol There are some published hubs here which may help you. I have managed to  find one that best suits your question. You can find your way from there to other hubs if you want to check out more publishes http://hubpages.com/hub/How_Much_Does_W … _Pages_Pay

Katherine Fultonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ah - I probably should have clarified, regarding ad clickage. smile I obviously can't tell people to click ads, and I wouldn't want to be deceptive. I suppose I was getting at placement more than direct orders - I didn't know if people had discovered that putting ads in one place (i.e. to the right of an article, as opposed to below) seemed to increase reader interest. Good point you made, though! smile

2. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Everybody's different.  After hubbing for 5 months, I was making $10 a day, and after a year, $1000 a month.

Write about commercial topics--subjects which people who are likely to buy something are searching.  Product reviews, product comparisons, how-to guides, and financial/health topics do particularly well.  If you're using revenue capsules, make sure that your EBay and Amazon products are super-relevant to the hub, or you might as well leave them off altogether.

The forums are a great place to get help.  If you're feeling brave enough, you can even submit a hub in the Extreme Hub Makeover section for instant feedback!

Welcome to HubPages!

2. patnamohan profile image58
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

when you reach about 1000 page impression....

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I wouldn't count on HP as an income generator. Most people here cash their first $100 google check after half a year or so... And most of them never make it to receiving such a check every month...

Ah, I figured as much. Still, I'll most likely stick around. It's an interesting community, it'll keep me in practice, and if I can make a bit on the side, so much the better. The possibility of some is better than the assurance of nothing!

4. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Welcome Katherine!  Misha is right - at least, it reflects my experience.  It took me about 3 months before I earned a cent, but then it started building fairly quickly and I reached the $100 mark in June.  The next $100 seems to be accumulating much faster, even though I haven't written any new Hubs for ages.  That's not exactly enough to make a living on, but I've found HubPages to be an excellent education in writing for the internet - not just the Hubs on that topic, but the information available from fellow Hubbers in the forums.  I'd say it's well worth sticking around!

5. Inspirepub profile image70
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Katherine,

You can't directly control the placement of ads at HubPages anyway. It is done automagically.

You just write Hubs and promote them - the software does the rest.

Jenny

P.S. Welcome!

6. DonnaCSmith profile image82
    DonnaCSmithposted 15 years ago

This is my 5th month and I reached the $50 mark today. But, I am not at all savvy about internet marketing, etc so I am fairly pleased with my progress. My traffic seems to be steadily improving.

I have been thinking that money has away of trickling away in little bits here and there. So, I am trying to reverse that trend in my life and see if it won't trickly in little by little to counter act the negative trickle. Hubs, I hope will add to the trickle along with some other small jobs I have.

it is fun to be both writer and publisher;o) Heed this warning - hub writing can get right down addictive!

7. Sony G profile image60
    Sony Gposted 15 years ago

Hi I am new here, I just joined yesterday and I hope I am writing in the right forum. I have noticed that 12 people have already viewed my hub but when I checked my adsense account there were no earnings. Can someone with more experience tell me how it works?

I love writing and have done it for quite some time but when it comes to blogging, I am a newbie :-)

1. Inspirepub profile image70
      Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sony G, you only get paid when someone clicks an ad.

Here at HubPages, we get maybe one in a hundred visitors clicking, and each click is worth somewhere between 5c and 50c usually, although the right topics can have clicks worth as much as 90c.

You need thousands of visitors to see steady income - expect to make between $2 and $5 from every 1000 visitors.

Jenny

8. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

Just wanted to add that I came here originally after looking online for ways of making money and although I have hardly made any here I love the site for so many other reasons. I have made some great friends here, read some excellent work, plus it gives me a place to showcase my writings and promote people and stuff I think deserves it!

Good luck here, Katherine!

Thank you very much! I'm discovering that this is a fantastic community, which means I'll probably stay even if I don't make much. It's just good to get feedback once in a while, you know?

Also, may I just say I'm in awe of your resume, as it were? I read your profile when I first came to HubPages, and I knew right away that you'd have some pretty cool perspectives to share. smile

9. Janet21 profile image80
    Janet21posted 15 years ago

I joined a year ago, but only began creating hubs about a month and a half ago.  I just checked and I have made $12.43 so far with 7 hubs and 2,700+ pageviews.  I think that is a good start.  Like any other site, the adsense money is okay, but I think you need affiliate sales to bring in the higher commissions.   I have had one eBay sale so far.  I am hoping for more!

By the way, Maddie, I really like your numbers! smile

10. Sony G profile image60
    Sony Gposted 15 years ago

Thanks Jenny. I don't think I will be paying rent with that kind of money but I will start posting more hubs and let's see how it goes :-)

11. charlemont profile image75
    charlemontposted 15 years ago

Hi Katherine, and welcome onboard!
    I wouldn't recommend implementing any shady techniques to increase CTR. In the long run, it may lead to ban with AdSense. Creating hubs and a bit of promotion is all that's needed for a good start. Do a quick keyword research with free wordtracker tool, and start writing. Nothing really complicated! -)

12. adrainsean profile image40
    adrainseanposted 15 years ago

i agree with MISHA the guru..

but somehow today has been great for I have got over 3k pageviews of which 90% comes from 2 hubs only and  as my many traffic source has been google.com, yahoo.com, indianpad, yahoo.co.uk and yahoo.co.in thankfully my Adsense has cross $20 today from hubpages.

Though till yesterday i was too among the category of people who might have got a adsense check in 6 months time, but now it looks like just a matter of week

it is all about picking the right niches ( dont stick to one of them)  and little intelligent use of keywords thats all.
    I have to yet pick up the nuisances of marketing from better hubbers...

1. Inspirepub profile image70
      Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Freud would have a field day with that one ... I hope you meant "nuances"?

Jenny

13. jimmythejock profile image85
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

Hi I have been a member here for 2 years now and I recieve a cheque from Google every month.
    it took me a while though but patience, hard work and commitment will pay off in the long run.
    I published a hub a short time ago about my earnings please feel free to browse through it I hope that the information helps.....jimmy

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubbing-For-Money

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)