How to get traffic to new Hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Sandyspider profile image73
    Sandyspiderposted 14 years ago

I published a new Hub. Though I started several months ago, this is only my 5th Hub. I still don't know how to get traffic to my hubs. Can anyone help? This is my newest. Also can I format any links? I always feel limited and not sure if I can port my hub here. My Hub is called "Starting a Zazzle Shop".

1. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hiya, another good way is to go to the top of your page and go into My Account, then go to Traffic sources, find one that is not just a general search but a specific one, like paranormal or cooking magazine, whatever and then click on there, then e-mail them on there page and say, well actually you have already posted my hub eg cooking or sports, would you be interested in this one? etc also the site Shetoldme.com is good. You just post your story to them by adding your URL and then you have new readers. okay?

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you were a huge help, thank you bundles
        I'm so fanning you right now
        oops already have
        I'd do it again if I could smile

2. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a link in my profile for shetoldme.  Hope that helps x

3. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was checking your tags and perhaps that would be a good place to start.

Think about who your audience is. And what they're searching for.

Your typical reader would be someone who wants to be able to make money online by selling their stuff. And I don't think your tags reflect that.

4. edzee profile image54
      edzeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If nobody is running over you in traffic, then you either a)aren't dazzling enough or b) are running too fast.

5. thoufeeq profile image60
      thoufeeqposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry to say the truth over and over again. Just come up with a compelling article. Don't do keyword stuffing and overuse or misuse tags, build a  good relationship among good hubbers by posting useful comments on useful articles. Make these a habit. Then Traffic naturally comes.

6. shabarigirish profile image60
      shabarigirishposted 14 years agoin reply to this

5 hubs are not sufficient, publish more hubs around a related topic and link them well, so visitors you get for one hub may visit your other hubs.

7. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
      Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a hub called "use popular blogs to bring traffic to your site"  it has some information in there about generating outside traffic that is much more likely to click your ads than hubpages traffic. Just to give you an idea I am getting about 8-12 clicks per day right now on 3 hubs that I promoted in blogs. I have several hubs but only 5 or 6 I promote heavily right now, once those are getting consistent traffic I will work the others.

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
        Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Picking up on your blog idea, Has_aWayWithWords, I sometimes find photos I want to use on blog and business sites (not free photo sites like sxc.hu). Before I use a photo I find this way, I email the blog owner, ask for permission to use the photo, and give a brief description of my Hub's contents. I've never been turned down. After I publish the Hub, I post a comment on the site, thanking the owner for the photo and including the link to my Hub. If there is no comment feature on the site, then I email the owner again and include the link.

If you use photos from free photo sites, always leave a comment for the photographer including the link to your Hub. I've received significant traffic, and a few sign-ups, too, from sxc.

These approaches are a bit labor-intensive, but I find them worth the effort. Another benefit that comes from this kind of one-on-one engagement is that your personal social network expands, too.

8. mr williams profile image59
      mr williamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There have got to be literally hundreds of ways to generate traffic, but my preferred method is Onlywire Bookmarklet, which submits links to 30 social bookmarking websites absolutely free. Only problem is you must sign up for every website manually before you can automate your submissions.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-get-free-traffic-2010

2. itech profile image65
    itechposted 14 years ago

Participate
    http://www.cyberrun.hk/images/chi/participate.gif

3. Going2Oahu profile image60
    Going2Oahuposted 14 years ago

Yep, that's really the truth. When you participate in the forums and interact with other hubbers (commenting, recommending good hubs, fanning your faves, etc.), you'll see your score go up and your hubs get lots more visitors!

1. edzee profile image54
      edzeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Hub is really that peaceful? Cheers!

4. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

To be honest, the best traffic comes from search engines if you are looking to make a little money. For that it is all about keyword research and doing the basic on page SEO. Boring but there you are.

1. Kmadhav profile image61
      Kmadhavposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes , you are right I am getting more traffic than hubpages from Google.com . Do some SEO on hub pages you will get more traffic to your hubs.

5. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Do a search (top right) for generating traffic and you will find lots of helpful articles and ideas. Traffic from outside of HP is the best. Forums, blogs, newssites, social media ...all tools to help point traffic back to your HP site wink

6. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

All good tips. To be more specific you may want to get accustomed to such social networking tools such as Facebook and Twitter, as well.

And I can't say enough about search engine optimization, either.

But to get clicks within the HP community, the place where much of the initial traffic will come from it is very essential to participate in commenting and/or forum posting. Let people know you're here!

7. DennisBarker profile image59
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

Make sure you add tags to your hub, pick a title with a good keyword in it and then "ping" it using pingomatic.com.

If your content is good and the tags have low competition you will show up in google (ideally on the first page, in one of the top four slots) and then your traffic will arrive.

Do as much keyword research as you can before you write your hubs, blogs,forum posts or whatever and keep referring those people back to your main website.

I'm getting some good traffic using youTube channels at themoment.
    Thats something else you could try, turn your hub into a video, set up a youtube channel and direct visitors there back to your article or main website.

8. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Traffic means nothing unless the intention of the traffic is to take some kind of predetermined action.

Marketing is about matching intention to content.  You do this before you start writing.

You find your market, you find their need, and you feel it.

If you want people to read what your write, make it worth reading. Then use your marketing research to match everything.

People will share information which they find valuable.

You MUST create value for your readers.

9. Army Infantry Mom profile image60
    Army Infantry Momposted 14 years ago

Twitter is an awesome traffic tool,.... Just as long as you have followers intrested in the subject your writing about !!!

10. lovelife999 profile image59
    lovelife999posted 14 years ago

nice advices and added others hubbers knowledge.
    i would say keep in touch on forums and follow your fans.

11. Steppeno profile image67
    Steppenoposted 14 years ago

I was having trouble getting suitable traffic to my Hubs as well, but then I just decided I would get involved with the Hub Community to help increase my statistics. Writing in the forums... Posting comments on other people's Hubs... Then I started creating backlinks to help increase my traffic between hubs, but the traffic was still slow... Then I started using reddit and the past few days have been fantastic !!!

Once you position yourself as a valuable contributor, you also need to look into bookmarking sites like reddit to promote backlinks to your Hubs... It seems to work well for me.

12. Internetwriter62 profile image79
    Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

To get traffic in Hub Pages, I think having a good following and being around awhile really helps. Also writing a lot. See the more they see your name, the more they remember who you are, therefore, your chances of getting a higher score are much better.

13. Megavitamin profile image70
    Megavitaminposted 14 years ago

I've been having the same problem.  I appreciate all the great advice from everyone!

14. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Just keep writing, traffic will come.

The hardest part of internet marketing is continuing to write even after failure.

It takes consistant hard work, research, and a little luck to do well online, if you keep trying, it will work out though!

15. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Ah Oli, you are young and can wait years for traffic. Us oldies have to take some steps for it to come earlier than that smile

1. laswi profile image58
      laswiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can't you divert some traffic from your way to the youg hubbers'.

2. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In that case buy a lottery ticket and hope really hard tongue

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah, lottery is always a rip-off, and hope is not something one can make a sustainable living off smile

But there are a few tricks that work though tongue

1. profile image0
          lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

16. DanPowers profile image46
    DanPowersposted 14 years ago

Try writing lots of hubs on a similar niche, then you can link them all together.

1. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have spent this week doing just this for a range of pink laptop products smile
      I am hoping that I can get at least one of them bringing in some good traffic, and then keep them reading the other related hubs until they find something to buy! I have had a week off (a little bit of it left still too) from work to do this in so hopefully when I am back to the normal grind I will have some nice surprises to keep my spirits up big_smile

If it looks to be working I shall spend my time back at work looking for a topic that I can do this strategy with again during the next holiday (I think that one will be a 2 week one, end of term holiday while this is just a mid term break, unless there are any bank holiday weekends).

17. Dale Nelson profile image37
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

Most of the Hubbers that have been around for a while have written some hubs relating to traffic and how to carry out search engine optimisation for your hubs. I have written one or two, but when I started, I read a few by darkside and dawei888.If you search in the toolbar, you are aslo bound to find a lot more.Ryan Kett also has much knowledge shared in his hubs.

18. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Search engine traffic needs to be increased if you have CPA/CPC ads on site. If you just want traffic then social media is one good option for promoting site.

19. Glenn S. profile image60
    Glenn S.posted 14 years ago

As a new Hubber, I read most of all the advice Hubs. I also read the forum posts. I always learn something new. I thank you all very much. I especially thank those who ask these excellent questions.

20. profile image57
    Mileeposted 14 years ago

Ok I still don't know how all this works since I'm new. I don't know how to even post pictures or icons on my hub. But I'm still trying to write. Heck I don't know if I'm even writing correctly. Each new chapter I write, I start a new hub. Does anyone know if this is correct?

21. profile image0
    mdawson17posted 14 years ago

One of the greatest ways to build long lasting traffic is tp participate; use your keywords and be creative in your hub (To include your hub topics)

I think many times as hubbers we pay too much attention to the score rather than just getting out their and enjoying the community of hubbers.

Good Luck

1. profile image57
      Mileeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the post. I don't even know what a good score is. If I worried about the score, I never get words in print.

22. nanospeck profile image59
    nanospeckposted 14 years ago

Yep.Do the best we can.

23. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

use the hubpages search - put in word  - traffic

24. lindagoffigan profile image57
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

You really should not be concerned with traffic until you have found you niche or the subject that you are an expert on.  After you have written 30 to 50 articles, then you can get an idea of where your traffic is coming from and exactly what your niche topic is all about.

25. PMS9 profile image67
    PMS9posted 14 years ago

use twitter and facebook.

26. nikipa profile image62
    nikipaposted 14 years ago

I am trying to use Facebook, Twiiter, Youtube, etc. but the best traffic is from Google.

27. lindagoffigan profile image57
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

FaceBook will only work to increase traffic if you have lots of friends who are willing to read your posts such as Ashton Kutcher which is unlikely.  FaceBook posts basically goes to your FaceBook account only and is at the mercy of who is connected to your FaceBook Account.  To increase traffic, you need to do search engine optimization and analytics on your hubpage website to find out the page ranking on Google or to see if the Hubpage account URL or the URL of the article is indexed on Google.  Readers can not follow what is not being indexed on Google.  There are ways to accomplish this and I am still working on SEO and may write an ebook after my research.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)