astral projection - have you ever...?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Happyontheinside profile image72
    Happyontheinsideposted 14 years ago

I would like to know if anyone else has ever had any out-of-body experiences; and what they saw whilst they were 'under'.

I have been researching this particular skill with the open mindedness of one who will believe anything until she dissproves it to herself, and about three weeks ago believed I was ready to start trying it out. Obviously although I have been trying for quite some time I couldn't get past the meditation stage, but I am a patient girl and understand that it takes some time.

Anyways; yesterday I was in my room, thought I'd give it another go in the knowledge that it would take a while to get used to. I lay down, relaxed, went through the usual process of trying to imagine what I would look like from across the room - when I think it actually might have worked. I was still in bed because I could see myself lying there (much to my own shock!) I looked down at myself, came closer, pointed at my own face and then woke up...I have read that the shock of seeing yourself can force you back into your body...It was like dreaming but I wasn't asleep.

I started this thread because it wasx different from what I had read about. I experienced no 'whispering', no bright colours and certainly did not feel like I was flying...I was simply in two places at once, and when I moved it seemede to be by thought rather than with legs.

Apologies if this is a bit odd...I am a very spiritual person and experiences like this are simply part of my life. I would like to know if others ever experienced anything like it as part of my constant need for verification.

Happy.

1. profile image59
      plantit1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I experienced being out of my body once. My mother was very ill with a terminal disease and so afraid of dying. She was crying to me asking me to help her. I remember feeling completely powerless not knowing what to do or say to her and the next thing I was up in the corner of the room looking at her and myself. Time stood still for those split seconds as I realized that this life was like a play and I was just suppose to play along. I quickly returned to my body and begin hugging my mother which caused her to calm right down. So now I have that rememberance to recall when things get too hairy, we're spirits having a human experience.

1. CrystalStarWoman profile image58
        CrystalStarWomanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What an amazing experience smile

2. CrystalStarWoman profile image58
      CrystalStarWomanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't find this 'a bit odd' at all lol

I have had lots of strange experiences over the years and find it all very fascinating and wonderful.

Several years ago I used to write a newsletter, sharing my experiences and inviting readers to share theirs.

People used to write and say how much they enjoyed reading about all the amazing 'stuff' that was happening to others. They didn't feel like they were alone anymore - just knowing that there were like-minded people out there, having similar experiences was an inspiration and encouraged them to explore further...

(I have just written a hub about a strange experience of possible astral travel that I had, that's when I saw the link to this forum topic!)

3. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Everyone does in their dreams , some have control while some do not.

2. double_frick profile image61
    double_frickposted 14 years ago

many people unconsciously astral travel during dreamtime. its definitely possible to astral travel consciously while awake, during meditation.

there have been times that i just *pop* appear somewhere.
    and there have been times that myself, and others with me, have literally flown through space. i'm not one to exaggerate, and i guess i don't expect others to believe me, lol. but i believe me. and the people who were also there, my boyfriend for one, believe me. smile

its really fascinating.

i actually have heard more about quantum jumping more...basically like teleportation.
    now THAT is something i want to learn, if its actually possible. ;P

3. Happyontheinside profile image72

That sounds fun...Though I think the projection scared me enough for now. It's good to know others have similar experiences. I believe you wink

4. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 14 years ago

I have heard that binaural beats can be used with great effect for astral travel.

I have not tried that beat myself yet, I have used the sleeping and non smoking ones with great results.

There is quite a lot written about binaural beats and astral travel.

5. perfumer profile image63
    perfumerposted 14 years ago

Hello Happy,

I usually hear a hissing noise right before leaving the body and then I begin to move very slow at first and speed up gradually. I can control the speed through breathing techniques which I never learned anywhere. I don't have these experiences at will but if I read any books on OOBE, I experience them more frequently. Robert Monroe is my favorite author on OOBE.

Your experience was definitely an OOBE, some don't need to hear or see to leave the body, they just use their thoughts. Your bilocal existence is an advanced case of OOBE even though this was your first time.

Good luck with your journey

6. Happyontheinside profile image72

terry; I looked at some of your hubs - I haven't heard of Binaural beats before and found it quite informative. I used to have a real problem sleeping and found that a certain track of music helped me to drift off. So I am perfectly willing to accept that sounds can alter your conscious state.

Thanks for the advice perfumer, I'll go look up Robert Munroe now and see what I can find...It must be really inconvenient to have it happen without controlling it. I'm going to do a bit more research then try it again.

Happy

1. TerryGl profile image57
      TerryGlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you or anyone else is interested I have a link where you can download a free binaural beat for sleep. You do have to provide an email address on the site but the owner, Steven Aitchison does provide some free resources that are next to done.

Just email me for the link.

7. Black Lilly profile image61
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

I think everyone can experience something like this.

First of all I think you have to be clean enough. By saying that I mean no alcohol, no smoking or any form of drugs, no red meat (no meat at all, if you can do that), no coffee. No stress.
    Plus your conscious mind should not be afraid of what you might see - and this is the concept most people struggle with. You must have a deep belief that it actually CAN happen, though not go too far and make your mind respond to your "order" by simply creating an illusion, instead of really experiencing it.

Anyone can try it and... just be open to whatever this brings. It might be a surprise wink

Another way people tend to experience something extraordinary is after a huge emotional shock - accidents, death of the loved, etc. This also tends to purify people and open certain channels.

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't use drugs nor do I condone them. However many people use drugs to induce OBEs.

8. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image88
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 14 years ago

I invite you to take a look at the work of Stephen LaBerge, who has done a lot of research in this field.

And yes, I have experienced astral travel as a deliberate choice; many times, in fact.  Maybe I'll write a Hub about it when I get time!

9. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

When I was four years old, I was staying at my grandmother's house for the week. I wanted to be with my mother very badly, but I couldn't. One day, my grandmother had me take a nap. My mother happened to be at home for a few minutes. (*Remember my grandmother's house and my mother's house were two different places, clear across town from each other*) My mother heard me laugh and looked to see my playing with my blocks in the living room. She immediately called my grandmother and my grandmother said she was looking at me right at that moment, taking a nap peacefully. My mother asked my grandmother to wake me up so she did. As soon as I was awake, I disappeared from my mother's living room.

Since then, I have had many out of body experiences. Some were involuntary, while some I induced myself.

Inducing them doesn't work for everyone, but here are some tips:

-It usually helps if you have been to the place, or have a photo of the place you are trying to project yourself to.
    -Play some soothing music.
    -The Obsidian stone is believed to be linked to astral projection. Placing an Obsidian stone in each hand while you try to project yourself may help.
    -Try not to think about anything other than the place you are trying to project yourself to.

If the above doesn't work, you can turn to more drastic measures like recreating the place.
    -Hang photos of the place all around you, play music and sounds that you'd hear there, use candles to make the place smell the way it would smell there, envelope all 5 of your senses with images, smells, sounds, and feelings you would experience while you were there.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Good luck!

1. perfumer profile image63
      perfumerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Today is a good day for having an easy OOBE or Lucid Dream.

10. profile image0
    Minnalousheposted 14 years ago

I've had several, most were involuntary. There is no mistake when you have them, you won't be thinking "did I actually astrally project or was it a dream?" If you think that, it didn't happen. At least not fully. Dreams, even lucid dreams are very different. When you are fully in an OOBE it is as real, if not more real, than physical waking. Monroe Institute uses binaural beats to help induce these, most that you find on the net are crap though. Monroe laces in multiple frequencies but seem to focus on the 4Hz and 10Hz ranges. One of the best books I've found on the topic is by Robert Bruce called Astral Dynamics. I don't agree with his split mind theory, but his techniques are solid.

1. profile image0
      hamstersmessiahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Most lucid dreaming (if not all) is actually done on the Astral Plane.  I dream  very lucidly and often even dream on an even higher plane, the Causal Plane, which is the next level up from the Astral. 

When I am awake, I have found that I can momentarily project myself into inanimate objects and sometimes small creatures and animals.  I believe this is the way to opening the path to telepathic communication as I have had communication with spiders, rocks, trees and even traffic signs. 

Everything we see around us possesses an innate spirit and has a consciousness although it may not possess a language as such.  These things can communicate without words in images and sounds although I have had experiences where some small creatures have communicated in words.

11. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

There was this one time....at band camp...   wink

12. profile image0
    china manposted 14 years ago

Being a total sceptic and first class cynic to boot - I have to SAY that this is pure b******t

- however - I have also had out of body experiences including conciously flying over the area around my home - and then going out the next day to the places that I saw in my travels, I had never physically  been to these locations before, and was shocked to actually find it all there as I had seen, including a huge black puddle hidden behind a farm that was absolutely unmistakeable.  Freaky but interesting.

13. Beelzedad profile image58
    Beelzedadposted 14 years ago

While the brain has the capacity to remember images, it doesn't have the capacity to travel, especially outside of the cranium. That's just silly.

1. profile image0
      hamstersmessiahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i am more than my brain.  i possess a spirit that is capable of transcending and projecting out of my human form.  this is the mistake that most skeptics make is thinking that they are limited to their human form.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good one! Hamster projecting. Love it. smile

2. profile image0
        china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wasting your time with this one Hamstermessiah - he doesn't even believe that there is energy in your body let alone a spirit !

14. ddsurfsca profile image71
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

It is absolutely possible to astro project.  I have done it, but study up before you attempt it, and spend hours in meditation.  The one problem, and it is a problem, is that if you travel outside the room where your body is, it has been recorded of cases where the spirit loses track of where the body is and you die.  If you do it stay in the room.
       As for skeptics, sorry folks, I have done it and if you are interested in details, email me and I will tell you the story.  Honest to goodness truth....

I don't think it's really a matter of anyone being skeptical, it's biology 101. smile

1. perfumer profile image63
        perfumerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here we are discussing about Biology 707 not 101:)

Haha... and from what I've been reading here, seems like the brain is a 747. smile

2. profile image0
      msorenssonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good answer. It is possible to go into realms that have "playful" spirits and bring them back therefore when one does this at will, it is best to be grounded first.
      I have never done it at will.

1. profile image54
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll have some of whatever she's smoking. I'm up for some playtime.

15. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Our past Prime Minister had many out of brain experiences, do they count? smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)