Name your pets and what are they?

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (49 posts)
  1. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Tell us the names and breeds of your pets?

1. figment profile image75
      figmentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have two mixed breed dogs.  One resembles a husky who I've writing a hub about and her name is Mercy.  My other dog is a lab mix named Tatum, and he loves to hug.  Both were strays.  I also have a calico cat named Fat Kitty.

2. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bella: female Chihuahua
      Emmy: black labradore
      Mr Norris: Tabby Cat
      Ebony: Black Tabbny Cat
      Spanky: Fat Tabby Cat
      Two White Rats: not sure of their names - they are my daughters!

1. profile image0
        Sarra Garrettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its so nice to see animal lovers!!!!

3. profile image0
      Norah Caseyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have an Australian Shepherd named Mellie who just had her first birthday.

4. britishbunnies profile image61
      britishbunniesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have two rabbits named Pepper and Dylan

5. profile image0
      woolman60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ricky
      Brussels Griffon

2. theirishobserver. profile image60

I am just going over to your place to read about the Husky - love huskies smile

3. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 14 years ago

I have 4 cats and 3 dogs which have all been rescued.
    Chewie - Maine Coon lap cat
    Dennis - Orange Tabby - the trouble maker
    Monkey Face - Oriental short hair - very shy
    Opal - Himalayan - A love bug

Daiziemae - Jack/Pom 13 year old and blind
    Marvin - Jack/Poo and is 13 years old.
    Lexi - Australian Shephard/Lab - 40 lb lap dog

Funny thing is Daiziemae uses Marvin as her 'seeing eye dog'

4. Stimp profile image61
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

Cat #1:  Christopher, white persian
    Cat #2:  Malcolm, black domestic long hair
    Cat #3:  Punky, Siamese-looking short hair

Dog #1:  Mia, German Shepherd
    Dog #2:  Timmy, Mini American Eskimo with ADHD
    Dog #3:  Autumn, chocolate lab (probably knocked up so if you need a puppy....let me know.
    Dog #4:  Spot, black lab

Horse #1:  Monte, Bay Thoroughbred
    Horse #2:  Jack, Morgan
    Horse #3:  Ty, Friesian

Horse #4:  Skittles, (no, he doesn't really like that name), miniature horse

Goat #1:  Goaty....pygmy companion goat to skittles
    several barn cats...no names

5. theirishobserver. profile image60

stimp - I am impressed - great collection - I have 12 hens - 6 roosters - 2 ducks - dog - cat - and a collection of mice and wild birds in my garden every day smile love animals smile

6. profile image0
    moonphlowerposted 14 years ago

Right now I have a cat named Mandy. 

I recently had four birds, 2 Finches; Hanky and Spanky and 2 Parakeeets; Ocean and Seaweed.  Unfortunately, I had to give the birds a new home because one of them developed an allergy to the cat!  Who knew???  sad

7. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Hamlet and Grendel, Great Danes. Get it - great Danes. lol

cat - Tango
    cat - Maui
    semi-feral cat - Cash
    semi-feral cat - Lazy Neighbor's Cat
    feral cat - Ugly
    feral cat - Gray Cat
    feral cat - Skinny Cat
    feral cat - Big Orange
    feral cat - Little Orange
    feral cat - White Cat
    feral cat - Fluffy White Cat
    feral cat - White Paws
    feral cat - New Cat
    feral cat - Siamese Cat

8. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Stimp, I'm envious of your having a Friesian! I've had morgans, thoroughbreds, appaloosas, quarter horses, paints, palominos, Tennessee walkers, Arabians, Welsh ponies, Shetland ponies, miniature horses, and draft crosses, but never a Friesian!

9. classicalgeek profile image81
    classicalgeekposted 14 years ago

I have a Roomba, but haven't decided what to call it yet.

Yes, it's a pet. I feed it, and clean up after it.

10. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

This is my dog Raven an Alaskan Malmute...she is a big sweetheart...She's diabetic..I have to give her insulin injections twice a day..she is nearly blind..but the happiest dog ever...She loves everyone!!  She's talk'n
    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1255/006fj.jpg

11. donotfear profile image85
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I have a mixed breed kitty named Buster:
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/fordonotfear/Decvid014.jpg

And a breeding stock Paint gelding named Sport, shown here at age 7 (he's now 11)
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/fordonotfear/SportonJan232005.jpg

12. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

4 moggies, all black, male is short-haired, girls all long-haired

Myrddin (Merlin) 14 years, Ebony (Ebbie) 10 years, Seshat (Bumpuss, 'cos she used to need cleaning there, but luckily no more), Sopdet (Squealer or Soppy, the big-eyed baby, although she is Seshat's sister and not a baby really), they are 5 years old.

Myrddin had a sister, Cleo, also black and short-haired, but she died at the age of 7. Before they came to me from the shelter, I had Liquorice (Licky), also black and short-haired, who just arrived in the garden one day. She died when she was 11.

Ebony is also from the shelter. Seshat and Sopdet were threatened with drowning as kittens, so I just had to take them in.

13. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

I have twenty small goldfish. Individually they are nameless, but together they are Special Patrol Group!

14. dbtyon profile image60
    dbtyonposted 14 years ago

I have far too many pets to list here - we run a small animal rescue here in Johnson County, Texas.  We currently have eight dogs, nine cats, one horse, one goat, one parrott and several lizards, snakes and rodents.  To check out our kritters, go to http://kkar.zoomshare.com

15. Kimmie10 profile image64
    Kimmie10posted 14 years ago

I have four hamsters, and I named them after their own fur colors:  Smokey, Silvia, Ebony, and Grayson.  Smokey is a smokey brown color, Silvia is a very light shade of gray, Ebony started out being black, but now she has lightened to a brown color.  Grayson is gray.

16. west40 profile image60
    west40posted 14 years ago

Sadie - Golden Retriever 10 months
    Abbey - Golden Retriever 3 years
    Bailey - Golden Retriever 10 years

17. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Tinky and Winky.
    Goldfish

18. mod2vint profile image60
    mod2vintposted 14 years ago

Rocky- 8 year old lovable cat
    Flash- 9 month old mixed pit bull & cocker spaniel

19. nasus loops profile image64
    nasus loopsposted 14 years ago

I have two cats Ray a male black and white cat who is approaching 12.  He came from a rescue centre when he was just 8 months old, and then there is Coco a female tabby who is now approaching 5.  We had her from just 8 weeks old.  We then have tropical fish, cold water tank fish and pond fish, nothing fancy in there, just gold fish.

20. Sunshiney31 profile image67
    Sunshiney31posted 14 years ago

Buddy my Border Collie mix
    Peanut the cat
    Sugar the cat
    Pinky the cat,which shoulda been the Brain
    3 zebra finches ,no names it was a tragic situation....
    Cockateil? Angel
    and lots of goldfishies.By the way I don't think their brains reset every 30 seconds...they know who I am.

1. profile image0
      Norah Caseyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A lion fish I cared for could identify me from across the room. It knew that opening the fridge at a certain time of night meant that it was going to be fed, and would get really excited and start swimming in circles frantically. I think most animals are much smarter than we realize.

1. Haunty profile image74
        Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Turtles and tortoises do this. But fish? Never woulda thought. lol

21. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

Slayer is a cat mutt. (Yes, he's cross-eyed.  It's hilarious.)
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/2727429_f260.jpg

Some of you might remember images of him in his youth that I used for several hubs:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/450769_f120.jpg

We also have another cat whose name used to be Hallie, but we've begun calling her Satan instead. The irony not lost on me given she is the opening image of a sarcastic cat hub I wrote (Shameless link) that still gets 15 or 20 views a day, a year or two later.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/451026_f520.jpg

22. Doggie Devotee profile image60
    Doggie Devoteeposted 14 years ago

I have an American Pit Bull Terrier named Koopa, He is 3 months old and allready spoiled rotten.

I have 3 cats, 2 males: Baylin and Achillies. One female: Morticia

A rat name Sickle

and some fishies

23. Areydo profile image61
    Areydoposted 14 years ago

Just joined tonight and found the forum for pets and animals, YAY. Good a way as any for introduction.
    Wire haired fox terriers- LS, UB and Pickles
    Monkeys- Haley, Josh, Jake, Jimmy, Brandy, Vinnie, Bosko and Bailey (I only named one of them, came pre-named so left as is except it does get confusing at times)
    The reptiles don't all have names so I think it's unfair to list some and not others. Iguana, red foot tortoise, sulcata tortoise, 2 beardies, box turtles and water turtles of a couple different species, ball pythons.
    The most recent to come here is a beautiful black Great Dane named China, laying at my feet as I type. A friend of a friend was going to list her on Craigslist or send her to a shelter because of a relationship gone bad. She's doing great here and has learned a few manners in a week and a half after being crated more often than not before. Steers and chickens round out the mix (of which China had never seen the likes so drug me face first across the yard to "go see"). The word "NO" has been learned plus "sit" ; )

24. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

this fella is not mine as mine will not let us anywhere near him with a camera but he and my Sammi could be twins. http://images.rescuegroups.org/animals/fullsize/s64a1666599m3564156.jpg

1. Areydo profile image61
      Areydoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gray cats have always been a favorite of mine, beautiful. I had two gray persians years ago when I learned that allergies can begin  that were never a problem before. Gotta love those eyes!

25. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Sammi is a Tuxedo Cat and has just the sweetest personality but he hates cameras and vacuums.

26. profile image0
    sarahsherlockposted 13 years ago

I have a lionhead rabbit called Marigold and a black british short haired cat called Joe. We adopted Joe from a cat rescue centre and are frequently told that Joe is a strange name for a cat. That was his name when he was born so we didn't want to change it. Is Joe a strange name for a cat?

27. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

Here are my two dogs Nico & Destiny (My Magazine Cover Girl)

http://hubpages.com/hub/PetIDchipsDestiny

we also have two cockatiels, Coco & Splat

28. raisingme profile image75
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

Papillon - Pippin
    Papillon - Karma
    Papillon - Bobby
    Siamese Cat - Tenshei
    Abandoned Cat - Sweetie
    Rabbit - Tibbar
    Cockatiel - Birdie Num Num
    Budgie - Maggie
    Two Rats
    The dogs I have written about, Tenshei was a rescue kitty after being caught in a live trap and left for days she's been with us for over six years but she's getting on, Sweetie was left behind when a neighbour moved and she adopted us, Tibbar, the rabbit loves to spread out on the floor and watch TV, Birdie whistles the Bride over the River Kwai and Maggie likes to sing, I keep forgetting the rats names, they are my daughter's.

29. Sandra Gowdy profile image61
    Sandra Gowdyposted 13 years ago

Rocky and he is a miniature Jackrussel wink

30. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

had 3 cats - all 3 came looking for me!  couple of family dogs as a kid growing up too.

Cat 1 (lived 16 years)(had to have her tail removed when she arrived on my doorstep - someone tried to kill her) - (was shopping around for a parrott at the time and had to take a pass on that idea) - named her Mick (after Mick Jagger)

Cat 2 (lived 20 years) (visiting a friend and she was about to be taken off to the 'pound') - named her Spike

Cat 1 and 2 lived together for years and then Cat 3 made his way to my door.

Cat 3 (still livin'; he's 12 years) - starving to death when he arrived - has cost me a lot of money.  has had 2 casts on his leg, etc etc - used to like to fight with any cat that was in the 'hood' - large 22 pounder (not fat just a big cat) he's calmer now and not so expensive to have around - his name is Moe (aka mojo)

Cat 4 - no way; no more cats for me;

And then there's the raccoon family - been mating and living in a tree on my property for 10 years as far as i'm aware of.  haven't bothered to name them because the young ones (3-4 kits every year) are only around for a short time before they are kicked out of the 'tree house' by the mating pair.

31. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

#1:  Belgium Shepherd - Rex
    #2:  Morgan Mare - Hopin' n Wishin'
    #3:  Quarter/Canadian Mare - Jewel
    #4:  Morgan Stallion - Lightning
    #5:  Belgian Stallion - Thunder
    #6:  Morgan Stallion - Gem
    #7:  Morgan Stallion - Dusty
    #8:  Bunny rabbit - Hop
    #9:  Bunny wabbit - Tigger
    #10: Rat - Bob
    #11: Rat - Joe
    #12: Fish - Fishy
    #13: White Cat - Shadow
    #14: Angora Goat - Sally
    #15: Snapping Turtle - Bubbles

shall I continue???  XD

32. dzeydzey profile image60
    dzeydzeyposted 13 years ago

Yuri- shih-tzu and poodle cross
    Reeta- purebred rottie
    Lily- bichon frise
    Brown, Grey, Meercat, Saab and Sally- tabbycats

33. seamist profile image60
    seamistposted 13 years ago

Katie Joy: female Golden Retriever

Nickie Ann: female Rotweiller and German Shepherd mix

Callie Ann: female shorthair calico cat

Blackie Joe: male shorthair black and white cat

34. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

We have 4 female dogs:

Pretty - brown, Terrier - Maltese
    Tammy and Tiny - Pretty's two daughters
    Bonnie - a Doberman

Would love to have a cat, unfortunately, our four dogs hate them so no go.

35. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Now I'm over in the UK I have been reunited with my wonderful cat, Sully. I do love him - but he is a horrible boy smile

36. angela_michelle profile image95
    angela_michelleposted 13 years ago

I have two cats, and they are named Polly, and Mr. Nibbles. Polly used to like to sleep on your shoulder like a parrot, hence her name, and Mr. Nibbles still loves to this day to nibble on your toes. He only does this to people he likes, that's how you know if he likes you. He only likes me if my husband is on a business trip.

37. sabrebIade profile image78
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

Dogs:
    Nanook - Siberian Husky
    Luna - Black Lab
    Buster- 17 yr old Corgi
    Nikita - Alaskan Husky
    Jasper and Jasmine - the son and daughter of Luna and Buster , so they are Corridors, half Lab half Corgi. Buster got her pregnant when he was 17, and she's twice his size!
    Jasper is huge, but has short legs and is a dark brindle, so he looks kinda like a badger.
    Sookie - Chihuahua (deer head)
    Actually we have adopted quite a few out in the last year.

Cats:
    Cassie
    Lucy
    Tara
    Neighbors keep killing them so only the smart ones survive.

38. Zenith of Emotion profile image60
    Zenith of Emotionposted 13 years ago

One cat - Oreo. He's the kitty in my icon. Maine Coon. 7yr-old kitten. XD He's my big, fluffy baby.

39. donotfear profile image85
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

I forgot the mention the possums, skunks, and armadillos too.

40. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 13 years ago

I have a sweet six month old orange tabby kitten named Pippin. He loves everybody, and thinks everyone should play with him.

There's also a stray cat I call Puss, who comes around, and sometimes in the house. Puss is fascinated with Pippin for some unknown reason. He only decided I was an okay person when he saw Pippin for the first time and they touched noses through the screen door! (At that stage I'd been feeding him for six months, I might add!)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)