If you're married and your wife came home and said she ..........

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (60 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Aborted the fetus she found out she was carrying because it just didn't work for her right now. Remember it's her body and her right, would you give a care?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image62
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You should re-phrase your question to portray a situation that actually happens.  Perhaps then someone will offer some thoughts.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I've been here about a year and I'm still waiting for thought from you. I know if your hipocrasy is exposed you'll run and hide so, good job!

I'm still waiting for you to figure out spell check.

1. Padrino profile image60
            Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're a stickler for detail. Too bad you make the same mistakes as the rest of us, proves you're human.

2. profile image0

Still hiding as usual.

2. Padrino profile image60

Its happened.

Cite a single provable case.

1. profile image0

Go review the supporting evidence and the story behind the pictures for Roe v. Wade.

2. Padrino profile image60

What proof could I possibly give that you would accept? I could tell you my story but I have no proof that it occurred other than my word, and I'm sure you wouldn't take my word for it, would you?

1. profile image0

Hey Padrino they just make it up as they move along don't bother yourself with it.smile

Trust me, I don't.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image62

I knew there was no such case, I was just enjoying the thought of you two contorting through a story to try to make it fit the originally posted absurd premise.

You never dissappoint.

1. profile image0

Ron say something based on reality rather than your own ignorant opinion, please.

I'm not the one who came up with the absurd scenario.  Show a case that fits your original post.

This should be fun.

3. kerryg profile image84
            kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually one of my husband's cousins did it because she couldn't stand to give birth to another of her husband's spawn.

But that was an arranged marriage to a man who emotionally (and later physically) abused her, cheated on her, and gave her the clap, so it's not exactly the sort of situation sneak is talking about!

It IS, on the other hand, exactly the sort of situation that makes requiring spousal consent before a married woman gets an abortion an offense against human rights.

Personally I can't imagine a situation where I'd get an abortion without talking about it with my husband first, but he's always made it clear that if for some reason I did feel it was necessary, he would support me.

1. profile image0

You have a good partner but I hope you would not exercise your option.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would I care? Yes.

What about MY rights, isn't the fetus mine as well? Shouldn't I have some kind of a say in the situation?

1. profile image0

Absolutely! If you view abortion the way hummanist do, you would have no say unless the woman decided to let you have one.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Mikel. Well spoken.

In addition, although the fetus can't really indicate, I think it's pretty common knowledge that we all wanted to survive, and so therefore, it could be two votes in favor of sustaining pregnancy and delivery.

That said, abortion is not all bad in emergency situations, etc. It's a tricky dance, this one.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So what, do you tie her down to a bed until she gives birth?

1. profile image0

Do you think a wife should make that decision on her own if she's not in the mood to raise children?

No, but if a woman does not want a child you cannot force her to give birth.

Of course, if you are in a committed relationship you should discuss something as important as a child. That is why it's not a good idea to marry someone who says they don't want children expecting they will change their mind.

1. profile image0

True. If you were pregnant and you wanted the baby but your husband said no we can't afford it would you have an abortion?

Personally, I would not have an abortion under any circumstances.

In that case I'd find another husband...

1. profile image0

I knew you were a good soul! Want me to send you a book of Mormon?smile

3. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's her decision to keep it,cause she is going to feel the pain. No matter how we males twist the words, it's female who feel the pain. Let her decide no matter how irrational she thinks about fetus. Words play of morality/rights can't replace the pains.

1. profile image0

Here we're talking about a husband not one night stand.

1. skyfire profile image79

So what ? That doesn't change the case, pains are pains be it one night stand or marriage.

1. profile image0

Does your Mom know you're playing with the computer?

1. skyfire profile image79

Lol,my family is aware of my these views thanks for mormonic sarcasm.

1. profile image0

Anytime.

2. habee profile image92
                habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sneako, you're a mormon??

4. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If she did it out of spite, I would say:

"It's OK.. I got one growing in your mom right now so I got a lot on my plate as well"

5. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd think she just broke her marriage vows buy not revealing the knowledge of the fetus to her husband. Yes, it is her body and her right, as it is her obligation to uphold her marriage vows.

1. profile image0

I agree, good comment.smile

6. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am sure you are very upset sneako - but maybe - just maybe - she couldn't bear to listen to this holier-than-thou crap any longer? You sure that is not what she said instead of your make believe story?

Which pretty much makes it your fault. Will Jesus punish you for that?

Do you think if you hadn't spent all that time preaching and telling other people what they should be doing she might have made a different choice?

I have to say - I don't blame her one little bit. Good for you for getting this out of your system though. Does it make the homophobia go away? Even just a little bit?

1. profile image0

What?

7. Springboard profile image85
      Springboardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's a matter of trust. It's a matter of respect. It's a matter of communication. That is what defines a marriage. Not a piece of paper signed by a reverend, or filed in a county clerk's office, or determined by some arrangement as someone else suggested. These are the qualities that define a marriage.

So in any case, such as abortion, or any matter, you have to trust, respect, and communicate with your spouse. It's a matter of there being two people involved. I would have to say that in the scenario you described, I don't see a marriage at all.

I'll give you an example that is along the same lines, though not directly related. I want a kid, and my wife does not. So during sex one night I decide to pull out late to try and impregnate her and then shrug it off as "it must have been an accident." In so doing, I have broken the sanctity of my marriage.

I want a kid and she does not. So that just means we have to trust in each other, respect each other, and continue the line of communication to help us to decide together what is right, what is wanted, and what will ultimately be decided. Not go behind each other's backs and do whatever we want without any regard for the one we supposedly claim to love.

1. profile image0

You're right all over the map! I bow to your greatness!smile

8. Urbane Chaos profile image90
      Urbane Chaosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hell, I'd ask her where the BBQ sauce was.. I hear those things are great protein.   big_smile hmm

2. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

yes you should mikel ... im not stupid to think people dont do this though i strongly disagree with it but if they find they are in a situation that abortion comes up it should be a joint discussion unless there is no joint to it. eve still abortion is never right under any circumstances plain and simple

1. profile image0

Right on target Pinky!smile

3. aka-dj profile image64
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

I'd laugh. lol lol lol

I know she'd be joking.

We have both been....how should I say??

Surgically modified. big_smile

1. profile image0

Well you handled your situation in a mature and thoughtful manner.

4. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

It happens.  I know a young man who was very excited about the pregnancy of his girlfriend.  They had a fight, she aborted to hurt him. At least that is what her facebook page said.

She succeeded.

5. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

It has happened and the Roe vs Wade case was based on back street abortions and the deaths associated with them In particular a case where a woman had an affair and tried to abort the fetus and died.

6. Padrino profile image60
    Padrinoposted 14 years ago

How about you prove this woman is lying.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 429AAhgNax

It's up to me to prove the negative?

Do you ever stop to wonder why people who share your beliefs are drifting farther and farther to the fringes of society?

That makes no sense, but thanks for attempting to be relevant!

I'm sure it doesn't to you.

Thanks for the entertainment.

We'll pause for a moment while you log out and Sab Oh logs in.

Now I'm a Sab oh? Is there anybody I am not? Its getting crowded in your head!

2. skyfire profile image79

lol

7. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

I'm not a guy so I don't have a wife, but if I were, I'd be on my cell phone to the lawyer and the locksmith while I was kicking her out the door.

1. profile image0

Exactly!smile

8. heart4theword profile image60
    heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

I would think a man's first question would be, who's baby is it?

9. Successful Mommi profile image61
    Successful Mommiposted 14 years ago

I dont think its right, a husband and wife should discuss their options with the pregnancy together. However, I would hope that a husband and wife already discussed this before getting married so that there is no question as to what their choice would be.

10. profile image0
    selrachposted 14 years ago

When my son who was not planned was young, I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up.He told me he wanted to be an astronaut and be fired into space.If his mother had been five minutes later coming home he would have been.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)