waynets hubchallenge updates!

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (43 posts)
  1. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I've published 6 hubpages now and so far the adsense earnings are quiet, but that is to be expected and should not increase after I finish this 30 day challenge.

I have had an increase of views to over 1000 which was nice and that is all of my previous hubchallenge hubpages overall in a 24 hour period...but today (28th july) I have had 21 orders all coming possibly from the same person on amazon and that is the best day I've ever had with amazon, the products obviously came from one of my art/drawing hubpages...I've had a look at what they bought and it is art books and photoshop stuff...so I'll check the earnings properly once they have shipped!

Am now working into the night on a 3 part hubpage series and a huge hubpage....

2. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Congratulations, good job! I have just published 4 of 30, at its one o clock in the morning here, I am fit to drop! However the challenge is great if somewhat addictive.

waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excellent! 4 is good and yes hubpages is addictive as my wife knows all too well, when I look like a zombie in the morning!!

3. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Waynet smile that is part of the payoff for all your hard work and deserve it. I love reading all the Hubs and think you're all doing marvelously. smile

4. waynet profile image68

Thanks Dame Scribe!

It sure does increase traffic...that's for sure!

5. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I'm just starting #5. But I have a question, Wayne. Why are you green?

1. wrenfrost56 profile image57
      wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a very good question!

Yes that is a very good question...I was just writing a hubpage and all of a sudden one of my kids through a slipper at my head and I could feel myself turning into the hulk through anger, but I could not let that stop me take a web cam pic from my laptop...oh no...utter professional! ahem moving on!

1. lrohner profile image69
          lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think a nice shade of violet would suit you better.  smile

1. wrenfrost56 profile image57
            wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ha, ha, ha, you joker you! By the way how do you get emicons up?

1. lrohner profile image69
              lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When you start a reply, look to the lower right corner of the box you're typing the reply into and you'll see "formatting tips". Click on that -- will open in a new window. That will give you a list of emoticons. I'm sure there are more. I'm still pretty new but am learning that HP-speak is a bit like HTML-speak, only using [] instead of <>

6. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

yeah kids that to ya! Also my boyfriend has been feeling V neglected since I have started the hub challenge. However he is really supportive of my writting so is very understanding! I am very lucky.

7. profile image0
    PJ_Deneenposted 14 years ago

Congrats on the challenge progress and the big Amazon orders.  I love your drawing instruction hubs.  Great stuff, and you're so encouraging to other artists.

~ Trish

Thanks Trish

There are more drawing how to hubs coming your way soon!

8. waynet profile image68

Just been loosely going through my google analytics of my hubpages and they are quite impressive for a monthly stat view at 26,568 pages viewed and before I started the last hubchallenge it was around 3 to 4,000 page views a month....

It's all evidence folks that being lazy is not an option...get hubpage writing now!!!!!!

9. waynet profile image68

Hub traffic is increasing, which is in line with my plans anyway...total overall hub views in a day(24hrs) has reached 1092 (30th July) and as I publish more hubpages it can only increase, particularly when the main thrust of the hubchallenge is over for most of us in around 3 weeks and a month or two after that....

I'm excited about these traffic increases....must be doing something right....

10. Richard Ring profile image61
    Richard Ringposted 14 years ago

Very cool Waynet! Before you started the hub challenge was was your average views in a day? (Wanna see how much of a % up you've seen). smile

Best thing I've seen is less valleys in my graph. But not so much of a super increase...yet smile

Here is my traffic graph so you can see...the month of May was the last hubchallenge and things took off from there really!

http://hubpages.com/stats/graph/usertraffic.php?user=7465

1. Richard Ring profile image61
        Richard Ringposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sad Can't see the picture? I think it's a dynamic pic so it's not linkable???

KCC had to put hers on PhotoBucket...

11. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Yeah, Julie-Ann added the arrows for me and told me how to put it on Photobucket to upload it from there.  smile

12. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years ago

I'm gonna repost mine in the team thread (where it belongs - I stuck it on a daft place)

13. waynet profile image68

Update! 2nd August 2009.

Just a little heads up, today I published 2 more hubpages and I am trying to get to the halfway point of 15 hubpages published as the next lot will be some fairly straight forward hubpages that will be my traffic generators or at least that's the plan.

My amazon earnings are going up, especially from hubpages, although I am setting up some trackers for these in the form of goals to see if this will work, then I could see which hubpages perform the best...I made 28 sales last week which resulted in over $350 for amazon and $27 for me, but that's not taking into account my amazon earnings from my blogs and other promotions spread out all over the internet, that's why I need to track these sales better.

Adsense earnings have been low from hubpages, but I average £1.50 to £3.00 a day from what I have tracked through my url channels...but I hope to raise the earnings slightly through this hubchallenge or at least the next one!

Ebay has been good, but could be better, but with a little bit of concentration and focus on hubpages by writing new stuff regularly I know I can increase my earnings, because it is like anything, put the work in now and see the rewards later on....

14. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Waynet what great news on the Amazon orders. Amazon is my best "money maker" and it adds up quite quickly. Sounds like you're finding out what works for you. Big Congrats.

15. waynet profile image68

Thanks Nelle.

It's taken awhile to find my groove on this site, nearly three years on and am finally finding my feet, just need to put the work in...

16. waynet profile image68

Update 10th August 2009.
    Halfway through the hubchallenge with 15 hubpages done and published, adsense income is up slightly, aswell as Amazon and ebay, monthly page views for here at hubpages is nearly 30,000 according to my Google Analytics account statistics.

The plan is to do the rest within the next week, so that I can create a backlink campaign for all of my new hubpages on the last few days of the challenge.

Keep on hubbing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. waynet profile image68

Update: 18th August.

Today has been a good day, as I've blasted through five hubpages after having a disaster when my scanner broke, so I couldn't finish my planned drawing tutorials with the pictures to go with the descriptions.

But I am just improvising with topics I know about anyway, so up to 26 hubchallenge hubpages have been published now and 4 more to go, so I'm going to reach it.

My marketing plan has also been finished for backlinking and promotions, now all I have to do is increase my adsense earnings through good quality and targeted traffic through my marketing plan.

Traffic has been going up and down, but is averaging over 1000 views a day!

18. Mubin123 profile image65
    Mubin123posted 14 years ago

Is that traffic for all your hubs, or just for the ones from this hubchallenge?

It's from all of my hubpages, but it tripled in traffic from the last hubchallenge hubs and they are what are driving the traffic, so I'm hoping that this challenge will do the same for my next 30 hubpages!

19. waynet profile image68

15th September 2009.

Just forgot to update my own hubchallenge update thread...

I wrote a post on my blog comparing a before and after image shot of traffic stats in between the first and second hubpage challenge and another image of my traffic stats after the current hubchallenge....take a look!

http://easybusinesslinks.blogspot.com/2 … s-and.html

I am certainly going to make this a regular thing, as adsense earnings are up too!

20. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Nice work Wayne!

I clicked on over to check out that mountain you're climbing. Top stuff!

Yes it's great, the more hubpages I write the more the traffic rises!

2. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
      Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OH MAH GUHNESS...Wayne, this is awesome!

http://www.hupandsteph.com/Jing/2009-09-15_1713.png

Tis Awesome....Yep! ahhhhhhhh!

21. waynet profile image68

14th October 2009

Time for another little update

Aprils (1st to May 1st 2009) traffic(before any hubpage challenge shenannigans!!)

10,022 Pageviews
    7,674 Unique Views

Now the above traffic stats were impressive at the time, I remember thinking oh yeah, I'm the traffic king, but compare then to now...!!!

Septembers (13th to October 13th 2009)

40,141 Page Views
    32,421 Unique Views

I'm pretty pleased with this and I can see it increase with the more good quality hubpages I write and plus Hubpages has most recently been the tipping point for my adsense earnings with nearly $80 this month, so combined with my other blogs and content elsewhere, I've been making monthly payouts for at least 5 or 6 months now, but I know this can be increased if I put in some more effort.

Ebay is also generating good clicks, although low at this point, if I provide value by directing that traffic well, then this will only increase in a matter of time too.....

I'm looking forward to the new coming year, because I will have a few online businesses under my belt and what better way of providing value to my new businesses than linking to hubpages!!

22. profile image48
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Waynet you have deff inspired me and I too have changed direction and with only 6 hubs I am getting half the daily traffic I got with my old accounts 49 hubs. I hope to build up a collection of 500 or more Health Related hubs and fill them with keywords.

Deff impressed with your results, keep up the good work and deff keep us updated, this thread is really inspiring, good luck !

23. waynet profile image68

It's well worth it and linking related hubpages and re-wording the links works quite well too(if you use a links capsule!) or put some of your links if relevant to other hubpages you have, I know you've been writing about heart attacks(I had a heart attack, although a mild one at 25 and it shit scared me!!) so link up to them and add them as other health advice resources or something.

Saying that though if you corner a niche area by writing loads of them, they'll already link to them in the side bar, as that's what's happened with loads of my drawing hubpages!!

Good luck with your hubpage mission!!!

24. waynet profile image68

Hubchallenge update 13th november 2009.

Today marks a really exciting day on my 3rd hubchallenge as my traffic has increased from a great 1450 (ish) to a massively excellent 4500 (ish) a day as yet though I am unable to determine the traffic spike until probably tommorrow as this amazing event happened literally over night(gotta wait for Google analytics to catch up.

But what I can say is that I have been pumping out hubpages faster than usual and have only 10 more to go in this hubchallenge to reach the 30, what I've tried to do is write about stuff that I don't normally write about and give it my own opinion and that's been my money/credit hubs.

On the adsense front, I've worked out that in the last 4 or 5  months or so I could make payout with my hubpage earnings alone each month now which is something that I attribute to my hubchallenge ventures and my backlinking campaigns.

At the moment I am just biding my time to analyze my stats, to see what increased my traffic x3.......this has motivated me even more now!!!!!!

Update! just managed to view my current stats by day and only have 11 views, must ge a glitch as others have the same traffic spike....oh well back to the hubchallenge! (wait and see just in case it is a real traffic increase, fingers crossed!)

25. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

The stats really are crazy today! But those adsense monthly payouts are for real! Congrats on that.

26. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Keep it going keep it going! two thumbs up dude. smile

27. waynet profile image68

Cheers! at least I am still motivated by my monthly adsense earnings even after the traffic server crash!

28. TV Mount Guy profile image60
    TV Mount Guyposted 14 years ago

This is a good read.  Nice to see what can be done here.  Thanks, although I doubt I can come up with 300+ hubs in such a narrow niche as mine.  I've been inspired to increase productivity. Thanks!

29. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Update 30th April 2010.

Things have steadily increased with my 4th hubchallenge done and dusted and my stats now....(30 March - 29 April - Monthly)

41,907 Visits
    66,058 Pageviews

Adsense is still increasing slowly, but I can see a definite rise together with amazon clicks and a good few orders every month, although it is slow with Amazon now with the 24 hour cookie in place, I still get paid in my gift certificates every month which I've now opted for (lots of interesting books on Amazon!)

Ebay I get paid every month now so that's nice, I'm finding a happy balance between writing hubpages and a backlinking strategy and I'm slowly on my way to 500 hubpages, not sure if I'll make the 1000 hubpages by the end of the year like I promised myself I'd do.

Currently on nearly 3000 hits a day from various sources and I'm certainly still a fan of the site called Hubpages as it has definately increased my motivation and writing efforts!

30. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

And did I mention that I have worn a hole in my golden y-fronts!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)