jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

A quick remedy to get my energy levels up?

1. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

A quick remedy to get my energy levels up?

LOL! I've just bought my latest dog. She's a 9 week old yellow labrador called Kassy! This bundle of fun has super charged energy!!  I must be getting old, because my energy levels are going down fast keeping up with the little madam!! I don't like taking a lot of caffeine, so is there any healthy ways - even exercises - that can boost energy levels? Many thanks!!

2. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

It seems counter intuitive but getting just a 5, 10, or 15 minute round of exercise will give you a boost. Getting outside in the sun for a walk or jog will help and your dog will enjoy a change of scenery as well. If it's not nice outside, try climbing your stairs, lifting weights, or jumping on a small trampoline. You don't have to go at it 100% but you should definitely be exerting at least a modest amount of effort.

3. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I eat a handful of almonds, drink some rooibos tea, or have some fresh fruit. It's that little burst of energy I need to go another few rounds.  Enjoy your puppy!

4. livingpah2004 profile image78
    livingpah2004posted 5 years ago

Eat almond, prune and protein smoothie with your favorite fruits. This will give you enough energy to run around with your dog.

5. Alastar Packer profile image85
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

Good news with Kassy Seeker! Yellow labs are awesome companions. Heres what works for AP when the energy level needs boosting: Natural vitamin B-12 tabs, the kind that dissolve under the tongue. And Honey! Two big tablespoons should help and if you can find local honey all the better. Good luck with the pep Seeker!

6. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
    Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years ago

I have found the one thing that really sharpens my mind and boosts my energy is drinking freshly made juice. It's full of niacin and other B vitamins which help with energy metabolism. If you can't make fresh juice (it's not quick and easy let me tell ya), you can always take a supplement. If you take niacin, make sure you take a B complex vitamin with it. Niacin doesn't work well without the other B vitamins to help the body metabolize it. Try doctoryourself.com, and look up B vitamins, Dr. Saul has everything you need on that site.

7. 4FoodSafety profile image76
    4FoodSafetyposted 5 years ago

I have found that a $5 bottle of B12 supplement from WalMart is my trick to the afternoon slump.

The item I love besides the price tag is it has no caffeine. B12 is something our body needs and it is water soluble so our body naturally flushes it so it is not possible to overdo it.

Combine this vitamin supplement with exercise and you have a new lifestyle.

BTW - the highly advertised 5 hour energy is excellent but pricey and it has the equivalent of one cup of coffee. It has multiple vitamin Bs including my favorite B12 for energy.

Here's a summary of the the content for the vitamins from 5 hour energy:
    Vitamin B3 (as Niacinamide)*     150%
    Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)     2000%
    Folic acid (vitamin B9)     100%
    Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)     8333%
    and something called: "Energy Blend"     1870 mg     Daily value not established

So you can see if 5 hour energy relies heavily on B12, the $5 bottle of over 30 pills is a great value.

Hope this helps - love dogs with a special fondness for labradors. Best of luck with Kassy!

8. Insane Mundane profile image60
    Insane Mundaneposted 5 years ago

You might want to give Korean Ginseng a chance, and perhaps some green tea?
    There are all types of energy boosters that are totally natural on the market, but I don't recommend loading up on these crazy mega-vitamins, energy drinks and excessive amounts of caffeine, etc.

9. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Use energy drinks that are recommended by doctors. Half a glass will boost your energy and appetite too. So ensure the availabilty of a full meal thereafter. I personally prefer a handful of dates. They are natural, full of fruit sugar that easily peps up your body's energy. They are delicious too.