jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Can you interpret dreams?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image98
    Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago

Can you interpret dreams?

Can you interpret your own dreams or those of others?  How accurate are your dream interpretations? Do you use a list of dream symbols, or do you go by your own intuition?

2. Ericka Love profile image60
    Ericka Loveposted 3 years ago

I dream so much. I use intuition and sometimes symbols.try me out

Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Erika, intuition is usually very accurate and confirming with symbols also helps.

3. Marie Flint profile image91
    Marie Flintposted 3 years ago

I do reflect on my own dreams, Phyllis, and they very often let me know what's important to me at the time I have them and for future reference. Occasionally I try to keep a dream diary, but more often, I just make a mental note about my feelings the dream has given me. So, I'm using more intuition than I am symbols. I definitely do not refer to dream symbology books because I believe I know myself better than what  any book on the subject can give me. Great question!

Marie, dreams do tell us a lot about ourselves.

4. lisavanvorst profile image77
    lisavanvorstposted 3 years ago

I actually go on this great free website called Dreamforth.com. It is easy to use and basically gives a clear understanding of your dreams and what they mean. I used to buy the books, however I do not think the books are as accurate as the site.

Lisa, I have a friend who can interpret dreams instantly. He is very accurate. We often interpret dreams for each other and it is very helpful to understand and clarify a lot of things in our life.

5. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

I used to have a lot of very clear dreams Phyllis and kept a dream diary, writing down the details as soon as I woke. If I waited even 10 or 15 minutes I would have forgotten most of the dream. I was almost always over to interpret them accurately ..and their message was usually very clear to me. Sometimes I could interpret the dreams of others but it was a little more complicated. Now for some reason I can very rarely even remember dreaming, I probably do but forget them on waking.

Hi Jodah. You are a very creative and busy person, so I understand how dreams can be forgotten quickly. -- you probably awake with your mind already active and hit the ground running.

6. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

That is a good question, I have never thought about that. I cannot interpret my own since I do not remember them.

Hi Kevin. I often wish there are some dreams I would not remember.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I do not remember how young I was when it started Phyllis.

7. Dr Bill Tollefson profile image84
    Dr Bill Tollefsonposted 3 years ago

I use my training in Freudian dream interpretation to interpret my own dreams.

How interesting. Reading about Freud has always been interesting to me.

8. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 3 years ago

Yes, I interpret my dreams and help others understand theirs, as well.  I've been doing this ever since I was a young girl and have kept this up throughout my lifetime.  In the beginning I used books to understand the symbolism, but as I became familiar with my dreams and the meaning behind symbols, I set the books aside and went based on intuition and what was currently happening in my life.  Good question.

That is how I started and learned when I was quite young. Thanks for giving your answer and thoughts, Denise.

Closed to reply

working