jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

When you are plain worn out what do you do to recharge?

1. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

When you are plain worn out what do you do to recharge?

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

i get a short nap, at least 2-3 hours before I recharge myself with delicious food and mocha beverage. I need coffee to keep me going

3. thumbi7 profile image62
    thumbi7posted 2 years ago

I take a hot shower and may go to sleep.
    Eating fruits also energizes me.....Luckily I feel less fatigued these days, may be because I started to practice Yoga.

4. Agung WP profile image77
    Agung WPposted 2 years ago

Depends on where I am and what kind of situation I'm in. Most of the time I just take a nap or at least a short break of doing nothing at all. When it's more of mental fatigue instead of physical fatigue, I watch shows I like, go out for a walk or do some exercise.

5. Venkatachari M profile image44
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

Taking coffee, or some beverage like Boost or Horlicks. It depends on the situation and mood. Watch some entertaining show, not movies. Or browse on social platforms, read some magazine, etc.

6. lisavanvorst profile image79
    lisavanvorstposted 2 years ago

Sleep. Or just go lay down in a quiet place usually my bedroom. Sometimes I read a good book. I just need quiet to re-charge and usually do on the weekends when I'm off from work or today, since I am off for the holiday.

7. Elsie Hagley profile image64
    Elsie Hagleyposted 2 years ago

I don't take short naps as I'm a very poor sleeper, just sit down a add a few more pieces to my 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle and in a couple of hours I'm back in the garden or doing whatever needs doing, usually cooking tea.

8. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Curl up and read a book , or Cuddle up with my husband and watch a movie.

9. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

Usually sleep.  The times I am most worn out are days when I don't sleep well-I work night shift and sometimes have a hard time falling asleep during the day and go to work and am exhausted by the time I get home.  Then I am able to fall asleep quickly.  Sometimes to give me an extra boost I will get an energy drink such as a Monster which gives me the kick to get through the day.  I limit those to my sleep deprived days because they do make my blood pressure go higher.

And sometimes I climb into bed with a book and read a chapter to help me unwind/

10. thranax profile image53
    thranaxposted 2 years ago

I sleep for 10-13 hours.

~thranax~

PS: I might need a new battery.

11. Michael-Milec profile image61
    Michael-Milecposted 2 years ago

You mean after hard working day, over 12000 steps, six plus mile walking, over 2500n calories burned, my body is at the point first to lay down on the floor for half of hour or so, listening to classical music with closed eyes to gain strengt for taking hot longer shower and a pleasant meal. My sleep is somewhere 6- 6-1/2 hours, enough rested to begine a new day happily producing physically, mentally and spiritually as  much as I can. Thank God, He is godd to me all these twentyninethousand fourhundred plus days...

12. alancaster149 profile image86
    alancaster149posted 2 years ago

As a short term solution I'll sit down in the front room and watch a dvd or listen to a cd. Plenty to choose from on either score (spoilt for choice). 
    In the long term, after several months down here in London I like to get away, up the A1 (the erstwhile Great North Road) to Yorkshire, get away from the main roads and off over the moors, through dales. Sometimes you don't see another driver for miles - except maybe on a tractor, muck-spreader or whatever - especially up on the tops.
    There's enough choice. What's more there are no traffic lights, speed humps, speed cameras, idiot drivers who drive with their mobile phones (cellphones to some) to their ears, and don't indicate before turning etc...

13. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

As an introvert, recharging for me often involves being alone. But, sometimes, even that isn't enough. Getting my brain to stop worrying about things is a real chore. So, I've found that the best way to 'take a break' is to find something else I can focus on. Something that engages me to think about a different topic than whatever it is I'm stressed about. Interactive things are best; problem solving and/or creative projects. But sometimes, it's enough just to sit down with a snack and watch a movie. It won't make your worries go away, but it will at least feel like you took a small vacation from them.

14. RTalloni profile image87
    RTalloniposted 2 years ago

Lots of great tips here.  A quick nap often helps when tired, but "really worn out" may require a real rest and then a break in which I do something creative to recharge for those tasks that aren't optional.

15. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12513377_f260.jpg

I fall into deep delta wavelength sleep for at minimum 90 minutes. This power-nap rejuvenates me and this combined with consumption of a fruit and vanilla flavored protein based shake energizes me more than an Apple I-phone battery...

16. mark kenga profile image70
    mark kengaposted 2 years ago

Quiet time alone or I simply unwind and have fun with any person I care about or by myself

working