Need a prayer...or two...or 1,000!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 52 discussions (70 posts)
  1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

For those of you who pray, wouldya send one up for me? For those of you who don't pray, will you send positive thoughts my way? I have a pre-cancerous condition called MGUS. It's sometimes a precursor to multiple myeloma. I have to get checked every 6 months. I had my labs yesterday, and I find out the results on Monday.

I hardly ever think about the MGUS until it's time for checkups. Then I get pretty nervous! My aunt died of MM. She lasted only 10 months. I've been feeling really tired lately, so I'm even more nervous than usual.

Thanks in advance, pals!!

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Habee, not really a praying person here but for you I would happily offer up a prayer for you! Also sending all the good thoughts and vibes and mojo I can muster!  You take care of yourself hun!

2. shabarigirish profile image60
      shabarigirishposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I Pray for you Habee, God bless you with good health.

3. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

stress will make you tired too. Will be thinking of you, sending every postive thought I can think of. hugs

4. h.a.borcich profile image59
      h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Consider yourself prayed for Habee smile Waiting for test results is the pits. Praying you will feel better and have good test results, Holly

5. elayne001 profile image83
      elayne001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

sorry to hear that habee. I will for sure remember you in my prayers. I suffer from PBC (primary biliary cirrhosis) of the liver which can turn cancerous also, so I understand your worry. God bless.

6. profile image0
      Ken R. Abellposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just saw this, Habee.

You are indeed in our prayers here.

Peace, blessings & much encouragement to you. May the One who spoke creation into existence make his presence known to you & keep your heart/mind in a place of peace.

7. IntimatEvolution profile image76
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My prayer has been sent!  Having complete faith in God, cures.

8. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Big hugs, girl. Sending all the good stuff your way.
      Please update us as things progress.

smile

9. profile image53
      Vonoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

May God grant you good health and restore you a healthy life. May he continue to bless you and make you strong in heart. Peace and many blessings be yours

10. ffrankbb profile image59
      ffrankbbposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just found your post, and am sending both many prayers and positive healing energy in your direction.  Here's to your long and healthy life.

2. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 14 years ago

Consider it done - sounds scary.  Hope everything's going to be OK.

3. figment profile image79
    figmentposted 14 years ago

My prayers are with you... and positive thoughts!

http://seekhispurpose.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/pray.jpg

4. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thank you, Empress and figment!

5. emievil profile image66
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Prayers and thoughts are with you habee. I hope you will hear good results this Monday.

6. Lisa HW profile image64
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Done here, Habee. 

(I know more than one person who has lived with a precancerous condition that has been watched and has worked out fine for years and years.  Chances are you're fine again this time - but prayers don't hurt either, do they...  Sincere wishes for a great outcome.)

7. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks, Emi and Lisa! I appreciate it!

8. Ann Nonymous profile image60
    Ann Nonymousposted 14 years ago

You have got my prayers, Habee. Anytime. All the time. I am sorry to hear this news but will be in constant thought and prayer seeking answers on your behalf. If you need anything else just holler! Love ya!

9. Fluffymetal profile image80
    Fluffymetalposted 14 years ago

Hate to hear you are dealing with such a stressful situation.  Good luck, God bless, and you are in my prayers.

http://www.castlemountains.com/daily/thought_aug18.jpg

1. starme77 profile image80
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats really nice and makes all the sense in the world smile

10. Cheri Schultz profile image59
    Cheri Schultzposted 14 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!  Godspeed to you my friend.

11. ChristinaScibona profile image71
    ChristinaScibonaposted 14 years ago

Habee, I will be sending you lots of positive vibes!  We just went through all of this with my husband's mother so I know what you are feeling...just know that we are all here to support you.

12. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

You guys are awesome! I feel better already!

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Must be working then wink big_smile

13. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

All my best thoughts your way !!!

14. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I hope things turn out for the better for you Habee. smile

15. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

I'll be sending you lots of positive energy and lots of prayers too.

16. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Habee as always I wish you the very best.

17. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Prayers and hugs.

18. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Prayers, hugs, positive thoughts all flying your way!!!! *HUGS*

19. starme77 profile image80
    starme77posted 14 years ago

Habee I'll be praying for you and wishing you well, tons of great thoughts comming your way from here smile smile wink Habee one of my favorite hubbers listed on my profile page and I wish her well always

20. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

prayers and thoughts to you habee

21. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

habee positive thoughts and energy your way. 

I have a bit of experience with the tests and waiting game. I like to feel like I'm somewhat in control- doing everything I can to positively impact my situation.  If you're of such a mindset, I'd suggest looking into strategies to raise your pH. An alkaline internal enviroment is less hospitable to disease, including cancer, than an acid environment. Check out the Body Ecology book and website.  I've had the book for a couple years now and written a few hubs recently.  Cultured vegetables help make you more alkaline. 

My naturopath recommends coral calcium.  I use Coral Legend.  It helps make you more alkaline.  It's about $70 for a bottle of powder, and lasts a couple months. 

He also recommended Indian Herb (about $65, lasts several months), and an enzyme juice for boosting immunity (if you have a juicer).  I can send you the recipe.

22. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I am praying for you habee, and tight HUGS!

23. ThoughtfulSpot profile image70
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

Done Habee! Just said a little prayer.
    Waiting for test results just plain sucks!
    Thoughts and positive wishes for you today and always.

24. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

Heartfelt prayers sent your way habee. God bless you and hang in there smile

25. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

1,000?  I think you underestimate how much this community loves you.

You'll have 1,000 in the first few minutes.

1. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

26. starme77 profile image80

More Hugs and good wishes smile

27. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Wow! I am overwhelmed with the response! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside! It's a wonderful feeling to know that my HP pals care. Aren't we a great community??

Love to all,

Holle

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smooches.  wink

28. mikoas profile image60
    mikoasposted 14 years ago

I pray for you that good health shall be your portion in Jesus name, amen.

29. myownworld profile image69
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

I wish sometimes I had a magical power to make it okay for everyone...whatever it is they feared or felt hurt by. But at least, I can wish for it! So sending you lots of good wishes...and hoping everything turns out well for you.. take care... smile

30. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

May you be blessed with strength and health in your time of difficulty.  Among that as well, may you be blessed with peace of mind that you may be aware and mindful of the beauty of life's surroundings.  Take comfort in that peace that is due to you.  It will serve to bear you up in times of adversity.

31. profile image0
    Linda Myshrallposted 14 years ago

Habee, You will, without question, be in my prayers.  Sit light and buckle up 'til Monday, and try not to worry too much...  Lots of times tired is just tired.  We're here if you need us...

32. profile image0
    Rachel B.posted 14 years ago

I'm going to say a quick prayer for you right now! Hope your next appointment goes well. Try and stay positive as hard as it might be.

33. earnestshub profile image72
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Dear Habee, I have only been out of bed 20 minutes when I saw this. I had to go online for some banking details and thought I would take a peek in the forums.

I feel great empathy for your wait, and love your courage and well founded trust in your friends on hubpages in posting this appraisal of your condition and family history.

You will know that I wish you well. I hope all goes well on Monday for you, and having survived a severe cancer myself I wish I had an internet support group like yours at the time.

All my love and I wish more power to you, and may your God be with you and all prayers answered.
    As you know Habee we agreed to disagree about some things, but from a different perspective, that of mass consciousness, the prayers and support from your friends will support you and perhaps even effect the outcome positively. Maybe that sounds a bit religious, but I really believe in miracles from love.

I will call that my prayer OK?
    Love you Habee!

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ernest, I love the fact that you and I can disagree and still be friends!

To all of you: It really does make me feel better that all of you are so supportive!

34. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Sending you good wishes, Habee.  Keep us posted.

35. KCC Big Country profile image80
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Habee, I'm sending much positive energy your way.  From one Southern gal to another, hang in there!  Having to wait sucks, but you're too busy of a lady to let it get to you.  smile  (((Hugs)))

36. _cheryl_ profile image80
    _cheryl_posted 14 years ago

Definitely sending positive thoughts your way Habee! (Big Hugs) Certainly will be praying for you as well.

37. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 14 years ago

My prayers are with you.

38. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

All my best wishes for good test results and to get that oxygen machine issue put right. No wonder you feel tired and stressed.

39. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

True, Nelle! I hadn't even linked the two issues together!

Many thanks to everyone else, also!

1. Faybe Bay profile image66
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey habee, did you read that article, you going for the peppers?

40. starme77 profile image80

Happy Thoughts and Prayers are still with ya Habee - Hope you have a very Nice Easter Week-End smile

41. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hi Habee, I'm praying for the very best outcome for you. Until Monday, enjoy life, after Monday enjoy life.  Happy Easter!

42. Sunshiney31 profile image65
    Sunshiney31posted 14 years ago

I'v seen miracles and know that they happen,love is the greatest forse in our world..So lots of love and prayers

43. Mommacoop5 profile image60
    Mommacoop5posted 14 years ago

I just joined and started a hub. You have my prayers. I just suffered through that waiting time and thats probably the worst. I believe in miracles. You were listed on my new hub page.I think i am going to like this community. Lots of positive vibes to you! Keep the faith!

44. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Wow! Thanks to all!

1. Ann Nonymous profile image60
      Ann Nonymousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hope you feel the presence of our prayers, habee! Happy Easter

45. starme77 profile image80

Habee It's Monday - hope the results were perfectly fine - please let us know smile hope your Easter was a Great One also - smile

46. bojanglesk8 profile image59
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Hope you come out all right.

47. KCC Big Country profile image80
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Where is Habee?  (((Hugs to ya!)))

48. starme77 profile image80

Habee if ya read this we're all thinkin about ya smile ....  smile

49. starme77 profile image80

Habee just posted a new Hub 75 minutes ago , so she's around somewhere smile

50. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

habee, i'm sending many positive thoughts your way today
    several of my relatives died of cancer although
    different versions i must say
    is there a way to beat it i don't know

you have alot of support on here
    to you we toast our beer
    hope all goes well
    though it's to early to tell

you're a great person
    go look out at the sun
    hear the birds
    sing there beautiful words

these positive thoughts are yours to keep
    may you have a good night sleep
    or a nice ride in a jeep

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)