What little pleasures bring you joy?

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (51 posts)
  1. NiaG profile image85
    NiaGposted 12 years ago

Chocolate? Seeing the smile on your children's faces? Or perhaps writing. What gets you the next second?

Sorry for those that already answered early. I had to move it to a forum. I never know what is forum worthy or a simple question.

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I derive pleasure from photographing nature's beauty such as an ant or wild flower blooming on the side of the road...

2. profile image0
      lostwithinmyselfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Defiantly have to be seeing the smile on my kiddies faces smile. x

3. rosika profile image76
      rosikaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i love watching comedy shows like big bang theory...just watching them brings me joy! Watching makes me feel like I am free, I have no worries.

4. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

consistant kisses on............

1. bbnix profile image60
        bbnixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Every second of being in love..

5. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

accolades lol

2. NiaG profile image85
    NiaGposted 12 years ago

Beautiful. I've always been interested in photography. It seems to be a fulfilling hobby with all the beauty nature has to offer.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Creative process, anything I can create myself.
      A poem, a cake, a photo.
      A friendship.

3. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Flowers.  I just love flowers, specially roses.  Even pictures of flowers make me happy.  I love going around my neighbourhood in the summer and taking pictures of flower gardens.  All flowers are beautiful to me.. flowers certainly bring me joy.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5657665_f248.jpg

4. NiaG profile image85
    NiaGposted 12 years ago

Getting a sweet e-mail or text always makes me feel fuzzy inside.

5. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

An "I love you" from my son and playtime with our three rambunctious Cocker Spaniels:)

6. Clever Katie profile image60
    Clever Katieposted 12 years ago

I enjoy sitting on the porch and watching the squirrels scamper around the yard. We have many wild birds, rabbits and other wildlife to entertain us, except the bird that starts squawking at 4 AM every day. I don't know why he finds my yard more interesting than my neighbors.

1. Mary of Bethany profile image59
      Mary of Bethanyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy finding a ladybug or a wooly bear caterpillar. I also like to see a bald eagle, a moose, or other wildlife. I also love to get a nice card or gift in the mail.

7. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Fresh air coming in through open windows - and flowers, and a whole lot of other little things too numerous to mention.  Fresh air may be the best, though.  smile

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

lots of little pleasures,  Ben & Jerry's double chocolate brownie ice cream, a nice full glass of cabernet, hearing babies laugh and seeing them smile, looking up to see a crane fly over or hearing a sea gull in the grocery store parking lot,
    Friday's at 5, and now my greatest 'little pleasure' is my very first granddaughter, Clara.
    She is 3 days old in this photo. She is now 3 weeks old.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5659339_f248.jpg

9. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

hmmmmm....i'll have to think about that a bit more.....

10. NiaG profile image85
    NiaGposted 12 years ago

That is an awesome baby photo. And that's saying a lot coming from me. I don't gush over babies often. Thanks for sharing that little pleasure rebekahELLE!

11. aka-dj profile image64
    aka-djposted 12 years ago

You mention the smile on your child's face.

I have to say, my two grandchildren absolutely delight me.
    One is 14m old, and the other almost 2m.

Just the thought of them does it for me!

12. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Kids. Any kids. What they say, what they do, their love and laughter bring me joy.
    ...and I love chocolate,

13. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 12 years ago

Drawing, painting,writing and creating ideas out of nothing!!

14. qsera profile image47
    qseraposted 12 years ago

When my two naughty kids are busy playing and laughing smile

15. joaniemb profile image61
    joaniembposted 12 years ago

My grandchildren bring me the best joy of my life. I love being with them talking and playing with them. I was walking my 4 year old into nursery school and she tug on my hand and said Grandma I love you. This just melts my heart.

16. stylezink profile image74
    stylezinkposted 12 years ago

When I get off work and my dog greets me at the door. Everyday, she is happy to see me like it's the first time and gives me a hug. She stands on her hind legs and wraps her front paws around my waist. I love that!

17. GinaCPocan profile image61
    GinaCPocanposted 12 years ago

That's so cool

18. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

my grandkids
    that first cup of coffee every morning
    snuggling with hubby
    snuggling with my 2 giant doggies
    reading a great book
    writing something for pleasure instead of for money
    watching the sunrise
    fishing!!
    cooking for friends/family
    finding an old classic movie on TV
    a good nap
    going out to dinner with friends
    getting a new Yankee candle (I'm addicted)

It doesn't take a lot to make me happy!

19. NiaG profile image85
    NiaGposted 12 years ago

I feel the same way about my little Pepper. Not a day goes by that I don't laugh and I owe it all to her.

20. Midnight Oil profile image82
    Midnight Oilposted 12 years ago

A naughty text message from my wife while I am at work - always makes me smile !!  Oh La La....

21. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Being vertical.

22. NiaG profile image85
    NiaGposted 12 years ago

When something I've ordered online arrives. Even though it's something I've ordered myself I still feel like it's a gift and get excited.

23. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

There are so many things!

The sight of my son's face as his little preschool bus arrives home
    Apple cider and pumpkin donuts
    The first snowflakes in fall
    The first day in spring when the windows can be opened
    Paper chains counting down to Christmas
    A crackling fire in the fireplace
    Fireflies in June
    A great, new book to read
    Blue jays and cardinals
    Candles at Christmastime

The list just goes on and on. But then, I am easily amused!

24. Beth Godwin profile image69
    Beth Godwinposted 12 years ago

Crisp fall air.
    5 star hotel bed linens.
    clean sheets dried on a clothes line.
    Bubble Bath!
    scented candles.
    spooning.
    crisp apples and boiled peanuts.
    bath powder.

Gee, so many things.......

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We southern gals ain't hard to please, iz we??

25. NiaG profile image85
    NiaGposted 12 years ago

I know, there's so many I just keep coming on here listing.

Going to sleep on clean sheets while wearing brand new pajamas. I love that!

1. Diane Inside profile image73
      Diane Insideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hear ya there Nia, my husband thinks im obsessed with clean sheets but hey just feel so good when i can have a nice soak in the tub and then crawl into bed with crisp clean sheets. I sleep like a baby.

26. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 12 years ago

Sitting in front of a beautiful landscape, closing my eyes and dreaming while inhaling the freshness of the air.

27. Tatamall profile image58
    Tatamallposted 12 years ago

when my friends receive a gift from me i feel very happy as i receive a gift from them!Just because then are my friends!

28. cmontijo profile image60
    cmontijoposted 12 years ago

One the things the make me feel full of Joy is being able to wake up everyday and see my sick dad, alive knowing that he is surviving one day after another with Myasthenia Gravis... and knowing that I have his support and my mom and brother support.
    God Bless my family and all the families in the world.

Amen.

29. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years ago

reading hubs

eating apples

sitting in the sun

smile

30. somedress2011 profile image60
    somedress2011posted 12 years ago

Every nice thing,for example, if i feel sad one day,but there is a nice baby smile to me, i will feel happy soon,or i saw a beautiful flower ,a strange grass,beautiful people,i always will feel life is so cool,hah...
    If i spend a lot of time doing a work,finally,I succeed ,or i got a highly speak ,i am so happy.

31. teddi6 profile image60
    teddi6posted 12 years ago

I've finally gotten to that place in life where I just don't sweat the dumb stuff anymore. So, any time I can go to the market and there's peace in the parking lot, Mommy's are not giving their beautiful little babies smack downs through clenched teeth - for asking for candy, and I can get into the express line behind people who actually pay attention to the signs and have 12 items or less, well, that's a little slice of sunshine on an Oreo.

32. Ryan Queen profile image60
    Ryan Queenposted 12 years ago

Sleep makes a good difference for me.

and having a good conversation

33. ActiviaUK profile image56
    ActiviaUKposted 12 years ago

Good post, it's good to stop and think about this...even thinking about what brings you joy, brings you joy!
    Laughing that brings me joy.
    Having Sunday lunch with my family.
    Dancing, running, jumping
    Reading a good book you don't want to put down
    Communicating brings me joy, as does the moments when you get to gather yourself alone.
    Fresh days with blue skies and sunshine...that brings me rosy joy! ooh I could go on forever, but I will stop there!

34. myloxyloto profile image59
    myloxylotoposted 12 years ago

Friends and family never fails to bring me joy.

1. vocalcoach profile image94
      vocalcoachposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great answer. I agree!

35. Ryan Queen profile image60
    Ryan Queenposted 12 years ago

I'll be adding having a dog. I just dog sat my friend's dog this weekend, and it's surprisingly refreshing.

I sure hope you get your dog. I have had mine for 12 yrs and he has been a joy every single day.

36. Rain Defence profile image79
    Rain Defenceposted 12 years ago

One of the things that I like is when you have got up in the morning, but then whatever it is that you had got up early for is not happening for whatever reason, so you go back to bed. That feeling when you get back under the covers always brings a smile to my face.

I know just how good that feels!

37. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 12 years ago

I love playing with my little dog and the cute things he does. I also enjoy the times spent with my son. And the first day of warm sunshine, after a cold winter, feels so darn good. And then, of course there is always dark chocolate!

38. olodarkwriter profile image60
    olodarkwriterposted 12 years ago

grandkids (tho not a lITTLE pleasure) and my children
    cherry pie and ice cream
    Razorback football
    music
    sleep

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)