jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What kind of merchandise are you going to be looking for on Black Friday ?

1. LAURENS WRIGHT profile image55
    LAURENS WRIGHTposted 5 years ago

What kind of merchandise are you going to be looking for on Black Friday ?

What deals are you looking for?
    What kind of merchandise will you be going after ? (electronics, toys, tv's, appliances, clothes, food, etc. )
    What time will you be launching your search ?

2. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 5 years ago

I will probably not be shopping at all.  One of our problems with the economy, and Windows8 (R) is a good example, those who can buy "the extras" have already bought their perceived "essentials," and we have the gadgets, gizmos, and convenience items that "are good enough for now."
    The uncertain future of "the PIGS" (Portugal, Italy, Greece, and Spain) make our future uncertain enough...even without "The Financial Cliff"...that I suspect I will not be alone in being content with what I have for now.
    Without added revenue, and still fighting a costly war in Afghanistan, the jobs potential to come from upgrading our infrastructure will have no funding without further borrowing and indebtedness.  So far at least, "spending our way out of indebtedness" hasn't worked.  A new brush with the debt ceiling is approaching, and a "turn around" in the economy seems unlikely before that issue comes up again amidst fierce debates.
    "Keep what you've got" may be a good slogan for right now, and until the sunrise is showing at the other end of the tunnel.

3. sherrituck profile image86
    sherrituckposted 5 years ago

I usually do not attempt to shop on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  I worked in our local mall while I was going to school.  Now, I like having the opportunity to stay home and decorate my house for Christmas.

4. CassyLu1981 profile image83
    CassyLu1981posted 5 years ago

Electronics as always.  Basically Tablets for my kids, camera gadgets for myself, and electronic tools for the hubby.  I have always found that electronics have the best price reductions or sales on Black Friday.  Guess that's a good thing smile

5. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

I need a new TV so I can watch football in really big screen, but now that the QB of my team is injured, I'll think about it! :-)

6. flashmakeit profile image68
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I may search for and buy a pair of high heel pump shoes on Black Friday or a microphone.

7. Joan King profile image72
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

I hate lines and crowds but I love shopping so the answer is , I won't t be shopping on Black Friday, it has never appealed to me.

working