jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

When do you officially begin your Christmas Shopping? And when are you usually

1. cherylone profile image91
    cheryloneposted 11 months ago

When do you officially begin your Christmas Shopping?  And when are you usually done?

I like to go to clearance sales in January to get all the Christmas items on clearance.  I also buy Christmas gifts starting in January.  By October I am usually done.  How about you?

2. WordCrafter09 profile image79
    WordCrafter09posted 11 months ago

Under normal circumstances my aim has always been/would be to begin in September and finish up "loose ends" during November.  I have not lived in "normal circumstances" for quite some time now; but my reply here reflects the "normal-circumstances" (real) me - not the "not-normal-circumstances me".

(Back to the "under normal circumstances" thing:  I don't want to live for Christmas, beginning the day after Christmas.  Aside from other issues, I don't want to (can't) store gifts for a year.  Neither am I one to wait until December to start shopping.  Of course, these days I don't happen to have to worry about "the Santa thing" because my own children are all grown and no longer even living with me.  Waiting until early December is not/wouldn't be the giant potential disaster that it was when my kids were little.

cheryloneposted 11 months agoin reply to this

True, my kids are no longer living with me as well, but by getting things through-out the year I am better able to get things the person would like.  In other words, if I am strapped for money or time I won't have to settle for something.

3. profile image0
    Martine Andersenposted 10 months ago

I usually start buying from October, and I'm always done before December. Can't stand going to the mall during December, it's way too stressful.

You seem very efficient though!

cheryloneposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Like you, I hate going to the mall during December.  Thanks for the compliment.

working