jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)

What is your watchword for 2012?

1. MsDora profile image96
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

What is your watchword for 2012?

If you had to choose a word or phrase to guide your focus through the New Year, what would it be?  Why? (optional)

2. the clean life profile image78
    the clean lifeposted 6 years ago

My watchword for 2012 is SOBRIETY and to remain sober for the rest of my life! One day at a time and one year at a time!

3. Moms-Secret profile image82
    Moms-Secretposted 6 years ago

SIMPLICITY.  In order to survive this new life without My Prince, I have to learn to get back to basics and let go of all the stuff that weighs us down.  I am learning that it is the only way to live with the weight of a widow's heavy heart.

4. Michele Travis profile image70
    Michele Travisposted 6 years ago

It would be Thank You.  The "Thank You"  would be to God.  Because it  was September 2010 when I had my head shaved for my surgery for epilepsy.  I have not had a seizure since then. There is a dent in my head where part of my scull was removed, which is why all of my pictures only show this side of me.  But, I don't really care about that.  I Just wish to thank God, for what he has done for me.  As for the dent, my hair is covering it up mostly now, you can still see a bit of it..lol!

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

MsDora: God is my compass and my guide. He will never lead me wrongly.

6. Senoritaa profile image70
    Senoritaaposted 6 years ago

I think mine would be equanimity as I believe more difficult times are ahead for our planet, and only calm minds can try to find solutions.

7. Earl S. Wynn profile image85
    Earl S. Wynnposted 6 years ago

GROWTH is my watch word for this year! Every year I grow a little more as an artist, a novelist and a writer, and this year I plan to grow that much more! smile

8. Sky9106 profile image76
    Sky9106posted 6 years ago

Mine is the same and it's awesome in these times with mankind.
    To Thyne own self be True!

This to me is a great question Ms D.
    Happy and healthy New Year to all.

9. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 6 years ago

Funny you ask me this today. I just wrote a hub on the Choices I plan to make next year. Here is the link to it. Let me know what you think.
    http://kelleyward.hubpages.com/hub/CHOI … nt-7133660

10. wearenotthesame00 profile image59
    wearenotthesame00posted 6 years ago

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "
    Because it's the best life lesson to learn, without love there is so much pain and suffering. With it there is happiness, and I think everybody needs happiness whether from mother or father to child, or boyfriend to girlfriend, wife and husband; in the end my focus is on love because without it there's so many fields of emotions we don't want to feel. But, in the end we all need happiness, and love is how.

11. Xenonlit profile image62
    Xenonlitposted 6 years ago

I will not be tested more than I can bear, my faith will guide me.

12. lambservant profile image94
    lambservantposted 6 years ago

I belived God is calling me to "Walk in the Spirit."

13. farahzachzia profile image60
    farahzachziaposted 6 years ago

Do Best. No matter what the result will be, its God's secret. As long as we do best, there's nothing to be regret

14. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

Survive in the middle class.  This Great Recession is getting REALLY old.  I worry about the long-term direction of this country - e.g., all the money we owe China.  Where will the new jobs come from?

15. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I think my word will have to be 'perseverance'. I will be out of a job in two weeks time so I'm going to use my time very constructively not only to find work but to increase my knowledge, writing skills and even perhaps online earnings. To do both successfully I need to keep going and not let anything put me off.

16. Dee aka Nonna profile image81
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 6 years ago

The word for me is "miracle".... to know, believe, receive and provide miracles along the way.

17. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 6 years ago

Dear Dora,

(May I call you this?)

How are you? I trust that you are well and wish you God's blessing in continuing to serve Him.

For many years now my answer to your question has been the same. In the past, just to test people, I used to ask similar questions. They would invariably speak of their family or friends or some kind of material desire. When I speak of God, Some would then say "But of Course!"

The answer for the devotee of Truth is always constant: "I just want to do God's Will" My Teacher taught that the prayer of the Saviour Jesus Christ: "Let Thy Will be done" is in fact the highest prayer. He sometimes spoke of it as unconditional surrender to the Will of the Supreme. A thread you will see running endlessly throughout his nearly 1500 books.

So my watchword? Well, I rely on Grace. I have prayed and meditated and engaged in interior prayer for the last 30 years. I sit in silence at nights and in the wee small hours of every morning and I try to be receptive to His Grace. I then act accordingly as I am guided throughout each day. I cannot say that the experience is always cheerful, but though His compassion, I have so far not lost the inner yearning or aspiration to carry on. Most importantly, I still feel His presence inside my heart.

Such a nice question? When I complete Chapter 10 of my Book, you may wish to see same. It will be my most important Chapter, and refers to that of which I speak.

Thank you for 'serving' - my teacher preferred this word - so many people. Continue, continue ... I wish you the blessings of our Lord Beloved Supreme.

18. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

Open mind and patience to listen to people around me....

19. MsDora profile image96
    MsDoraposted 5 years ago

Questions which have to do with personal expressions of faith cannot be rated.  These answers are all BEST in inspiration to the reader.

Closed to reply