jump to last post 1-22 of 22 discussions (28 posts)

If you could only thank God one time, what would you thank Him for?

1. profile image65
    graceinusposted 5 years ago

If you could only thank God one time, what would you thank Him for?

I have pondered this question in my head many times even though I have thanked Him more times than I can count.. But If I had only one chance to thank Him what would be the greatest reason?

2. ajwrites57 profile image85
    ajwrites57posted 5 years ago

I would thank Him for who He made me to be, with the gifts, potentials, strengths, flaws and weaknesses of who I am.

3. cam8510 profile image96
    cam8510posted 5 years ago

I am a recovering alcoholic, so I would, and do, thank God for my sobriety, for without it I am worthless to myself, my family, my friends and to God.

1. profile image65
      graceinusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

cam8510- I'm very glad it is working out well for you. God bless you and your family. Graceinus

2. cam8510 profile image96
      cam8510posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you graceinus, I appreciate it.

3. profile image65

cam8510- I really liked all the answers I have read . However, your's has earned my utmost respect. God bless.

4. C_MarieWeber profile image67
    C_MarieWeberposted 5 years ago

Out of the many reasons I would like to thank God, I think the one that stands out most in my mind is His forgiveness.

1. profile image65

Amen to that.

5. SwordofManticorE profile image80
    SwordofManticorEposted 5 years ago

I would thank Him for everthing I ever had and experienced in life.

1. profile image65

I know what you mean.

6. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 5 years ago

If we could thank him for one thing, I think it will be the love he spreads to his children and caring about us.. When you have God and  love, everything else falls in place.

7. KenGeers profile image59
    KenGeersposted 5 years ago

Thank you for sending Jesus... my shot at eternal life

8. Electro-Denizen profile image80
    Electro-Denizenposted 5 years ago

Wonderful question - I'd have to thank him for watching over everybody, and enjoying being everybody.

9. xanzacow profile image70
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

I would thank Him for my 5 beautiful children.

10. Deltachord profile image80
    Deltachordposted 5 years ago

I would thank Him for life without which I would have nothing else to thank Him for.

11. KellyPittman profile image80
    KellyPittmanposted 5 years ago

If I had to sum up my gratitude with just one thing it would have to be salvation.

12. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

Great question. I thought of what I thank him for the most, on a weekly basis and that would have to be the sacrament of holy communion. It gives me the opportunity to engage in renewal, healing, and transformation on a regular basis, becoming one with Christ. I'm grateful for that.

13. PoetasDsigns profile image61
    PoetasDsignsposted 5 years ago

For saving my soul from hell, that is the best thing he has given mi

1. SwordofManticorE profile image80
      SwordofManticorEposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hell is a man made myth friend. He saved you from your sleep in the grave.

14. Annette R. Smith profile image88
    Annette R. Smithposted 5 years ago

His gift of salvation through Jesus. "When unwrapped," says RBC Ministries, "it includes peace of mind, acceptance, forgiveness, adoption into the family of heaven, and everlasting life."

15. elayne001 profile image80
    elayne001posted 5 years ago

His atonement for my sins. We will all be resurrected, but He is the only one who has taken upon himself all of our sins, so we have a chance for eternal life with God.

16. Eric Bendross profile image71
    Eric Bendrossposted 5 years ago

What an awesome question and I noticed that you asked if we could thank HIM one time (not stopping at just one thing) therefore I have a number of things I'd thank HIM for in that "one time"; which also include various other things (not listed) as well. I would thank GOD for all of HIS creations, HIS SON: JESUS CHRIST; HIS unconditional love, grace, mercy, HOLY SPIRIT and my talents/ gifts.

17. John Sarkis profile image83
    John Sarkisposted 5 years ago

...too many to count..., but if I had just one it would have to be for my Mom!

18. Kristeen profile image72
    Kristeenposted 5 years ago

I would thank Him for adopting me into His family through baptism and making me holy and fit for eternal life in heaven by the blood of Jesus. Our God is an awesome God!

19. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I would thank Him for the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ.  Without that gift, all else means nothing.

20. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 5 years ago

For giving me the capacity of unconditional surrender to His Will.

21. TerryK81 profile image60
    TerryK81posted 5 years ago

for giving me the undeserved chance to know and accept Jesus and for not being who unbelievers claim you to be.

22. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

I would thank Him for being God.  His love for me, sending a son to die for my sins - that is greater than anything in this world.  Thanks is an understatement.

working