jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What motivates you as a writer, on hubpages and beyond?

1. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

What motivates you as a writer, on hubpages and beyond?

Let us know in detail all the things that have been your inspiration, and motivation for writing, (create a hub as an answer if need be)

2. NightFlower profile image60
    NightFlowerposted 6 years ago

It's a need and a wonderful outlet and hobby. It's the chances to paint ideology or a thought in a way that no one else can, with you own unique signature. This is what attracts me to someone elses writing and or poetry is well.

3. profile image0
    Kathleen Kerswigposted 6 years ago

I had absolutely no idea that I wanted to write at all. I started a blog on a whim a year and a half ago and all of a sudden I realized just how much I loved to share ideas and my life experience in words. My motivation comes from all that I have learned about myself in the process. I'm learning what I like and don't like. I'm learning how to express what I like (or don't like) in a kind and loving way. I have come to like who I am as a direct result of writing my blog and now articles here on Hub Pages. It has been a wonderful and enlightening experience to day. Thanks for the question.

4. iva dragostinova profile image77
    iva dragostinovaposted 6 years ago

Sometimes, in poetry the words seem to just burst out and I have to write it down. Other times, a specific topic plays on my mind and I like to explore it through writing. Most often, it's when I need to express or convey emotion. It's a powerful tool for making sense of feelings and turning the sometimes not so beautiful into wonder.

5. thesingernurse profile image81
    thesingernurseposted 6 years ago

I love sharing everything I know to people. And I can only do that by writing articles that are informative, interesting, or helpful. I am not quite sure if I achieve such purpose but I am working way to do just that. So I guess that's what keeps me going. I even write for a living (aside from singing and doing nursing services. big_smile )

Also, my passion for writing motivates me to write more and become better.

6. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I have always had a passion for writing, even before I could actually write words lol.  I used to scribble on lined paper in linear fashion even and then read my stories back to my grandparents.  I started off with diaries and journals - many of which helped me through some very dark places in life. 

I also have a voracious appetite for learning and sharing knowledge.  HubPages and blogging has been wonderful for that! Writing is a passion and a calling for me that I have always had.

7. Billjordan profile image64
    Billjordanposted 6 years ago

I just like sharing different ideas that run through my head I am still trying to find my way as a writer.

8. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

To create something beautiful...out of thin air
    To share my thoughts, my feelings, my pain
    my soul,
    dreaming about the better world
    and use my words to 'shout':
    "People, for once, let us to be FAIR.."

9. Seafarer Mama profile image87
    Seafarer Mamaposted 6 years ago

My hub is written in answer to a question posed by fellow HubPages writer Cloud Explorer, "What motivates you to write?" read more