jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Have you ever had your writing published in print by a periodical (newspaper/mag

1. breathe2travel profile image79
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Have you ever had your writing published in print by a periodical (newspaper/magazine)?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Yes, I've had several articles published in the print magazine, Ireland's Own, long before I heard of hubpages.

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I had an article on journal writing for healing published in Renew magazine (a magazine for people and their families who are in the recovery process) and I had an article published in a book.  I've also ghost written a couple of things so they aren't really "mine" - but they are , sort of. lol.

4. Danette Watt profile image85
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

I've been freelancing for my local paper for years. The first time I had my story on the front page it was neat, even moreso when it was "above the fold." No it's "ho-hum" LOL. And I've had a few of my stories picked up by the AP.

My next goal is to be published in a national mag or paper.

5. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

Yes I've had a few published although it was a few years ago now as I've really concentrated on writing on line. But there is nothing quite like getting that letter through the door to say that your work has been accepted. I still have the free copies of the magazines that my work was published in and they're very special to me!

6. CR Rookwood profile image84
    CR Rookwoodposted 5 years ago

Yes, a number of times. It was exciting the first time, but weirdly, after awhile, it is almost a bit of let down, because it means it's over--at least for that piece. It's the end, it's out there, it isn't mine anymore.

Wow, I must have been a real treat to potty train...

7. Lilleyth profile image84
    Lilleythposted 5 years ago

My articles about gardening, antiques and collectibles, historic structures, and regional cooking appeared in the Peninsula Pacemaker, a regional magazine distributed on the Delmarva Peninsula over the course of 18 years. I also published a cookbook.

8. Beata Stasak profile image82
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

Yes, many times and in three languages as well, I used to publish in weekly magazine back home, had some short poems published in Russian newspaper long, long time ago and also has published few poems in the Australian daily papers.

9. Tricia1000 profile image70
    Tricia1000posted 5 years ago

Yes three of my short stories were published in a magazine, many years ago. These days I do a lot of writing for my work which is published in printed corporate media.

working