jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

What are the best and easiest to use social sites besides facebook, linkedin.

1. carol7777 profile image90
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

What are the best and easiest to use social sites besides facebook, linkedin.

This is not totally in question form.  What are some of the social networks and help with navigating them.

2. profile image0
    whowasposted 5 years ago

In my opinion the best social networking site of all is right here on Hubpages.

Of course, it is a publishing platform but it is also a very lively social network. Not only are there conversations buzzing through the comments capsules of hubs, but there is the status box at the top of the feed which works like twitter (even has the same 140 character limit) but there are also the forums, direct messages and profiles.

The nature of the site also allows you to very quickly identify and contact those people most likely to share common interests or engage in a healthy debate.

It is arguably also the most encouraging, friendly and supportive on line community and social network on the web.

(No, they're not paying me to write this...it's just what I really think!)

1. carol7777 profile image90
      carol7777posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this helpful answer.  Of course I will have to learn to do all these things.  However I have come a long way. Thanks again.

3. That Grrl profile image69
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

Twitter is my favourite and the simplest to use. You just need to type in what you want to say and click on the button to send it. Far simpler than Facebook or LinkedIn. When you want to check to see if anyone sent you a reply just click 'Connect'.

4. Anju Arya profile image59
    Anju Aryaposted 5 years ago

I am agree with whowas and That Grll both. Hub pages provides sufficient comforts and facilities to us as a perfect social site. Twitter is also a good social site.

5. hi friend profile image61
    hi friendposted 5 years ago

Hubpages would be more privileged one.  We caan also find out more helpful friends in this area.

6. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Twitter is definitely valuable.

After that, "best" depends on your goals. Meetup is great if you want to create local groups. Flickr is great if you want to share photos, and YouTube and Vimeo are great if you want to share videos. And, of course, there are tools like Match.com and eHarmony for dating. So I suggest defining your own personal or business goals, then looking for a best site that matches that purpose.

In terms of navigation, it is again more a matter of personal taste and perseverance than of ease of navigation. Some seem natural or "intuitive" to some people, and others to other people. One issue there is generational differences: I think LinkedIn thinks more like a baby-boomer, and Facebook more like a Gen X man or woman. There's also a link between purpose and comfort. My wife writes haiku and loves twitter. I write articles and stories, and love HubPages.

All of these tools will be difficult at times, and not do what we want. They will also fail, as the Internet is inherently unreliable, and for other reasons. In my view, living with this unreliable and uncomfortable technology, and persevering to business or personal success means succeeding through discomfort, not finding a perfect tool

7. paul pruel profile image70
    paul pruelposted 5 years ago

for me twitter, stumbleupon - at Stumbleupon there are two ways to share our hubs by normal way and through su.pr which also a feature of stumbleupon http://wikinutawesome.blogspot.com/2012 … bring.html and our own blog sites.

8. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Pinterest is very easy to use and it also very useful.  I also like Stumbleupon very much.