Dreams ~ What Do They Mean? by John Hansen

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (40 posts)
  1. surovi99 profile image85
    surovi99posted 2 years ago

Take a few minutes to read this beautiful article by John where he explains why dreams are important and why we should confront them for our benefits. He includes a lovely poem about his recent dream. Here is the link to his article:
    https://hubpages.com/health/Dreams-What-Do-They-Mean

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello John!
      A wonderful article about dreams. You raise some important points about dreams, what they mean, and how they should be interpreted. I enjoyed reading your analysis. I believe, that some dreams do have interpretations, but most of them are reflections of our thoughts. I dream a lot, and my dreams are somewhat crazy. But, I don’t remember anything when I am awake, and I thank God for that.
      Your poem about ‘your strangest dream’ is so relatable. Very well expressed.
      Great work. Thank you for sharing.
      Thank you Rosina, for sharing John’s creativity.

2. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wow, your poem blows me away, John. It's amazing how you detailed your dream by telling the story in rhyme. The hospital scene, then you standing alone (at first) in the dry outback, later to be surrounded by throngs with your wife no where to be found, must have been frightening. I wonder what the significance of the ice cream cones is?

I've been having some pretty crazy dreams lately. I haven't tried to analyze them, though. I think I'm sort of hiding from them. But, as you say, they won't stop until I meet them head on, determine the message or cause and deal with what has me so disturbed.

Brilliant piece, John. I hope you discover the driving force of this particular dream.

1. Jodah profile image89
        Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello Shauna, thank you for your generous comment concerning the dream. Yes, you need to try and find the significance and meet dreams head on, especially if they are recurring ones. This one isn’t as far as I know, but I still need to try to decipher the meaning and certain parts have me somewhat concerned. Have a great day/night.

2. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Rosina, thank you so much for sharing my article. I am glad you found it worthwhile and enjoyed the poem.

3. Misbah786 profile image82
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

John, this is such a brilliant piece. The poem is also incredibly delightful. Personally, I believe that our dreams can always be interpreted in some way.

My dreams frequently takes a form of reality in my life. I always look up for the Prophet Joseph's interpretation for my dreams.

Dreams are something that have always fascinated me, and when they aren't nice, they also cause a lot of anxiety too. Lol! wink

Personally, I believe that when we dream, our soul roams around and what we see is what the soul is experiencing at that time.

Well, whatever it is, I thoroughly enjoyed your article. It's super stunning!

Thank you so much for sharing and thanks Rosina for posting this discussion.

So many Blessings to both of you!! smile

4. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Thank you for your wonderful comment, Misbah. There are so many places we can turn to for an interpretation of our dreams. Some symbols are common and easily interpreted but others are much more complex. then tying all the different elements together in some coherent form often takes time. Perhaps it is what our wandering souls are experiencing. Blessings to you.

5. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Thank you so much for your generous comment, Chitrangada. Dreams are such an interesting subject but they can be very complex. I find some of my dreams to be quite straightforward and easy to interpret, but ones like in my poem are more difficult. Some I remember, but many I don't.

6. Pamela99 profile image87
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

This dream is very interesting, John. I wonder what you ate before bed? Just kidding. The article is excellent as you explain the importance of dreams. I really enjoyed reading everything you wrote, John.

Thank you for posting John's article, Rosina.

1. Jodah profile image89

Haha I will have to see what I ate,Pamela, and decide if I want to eat it again haha. I am glad you enjoyed reading this however.

7. billybuc profile image84
    billybucposted 2 years ago

I loved this. I must admit to being a bit jealous. I rarely dream, or if I do, I rarely remember the dream when I wake up. I feel like I'm being cheated of free entertainment everyone else enjoys. smile  But I was allowed to enjoy your mastery with words, John, so today I'm a rich man.

1. Jodah profile image89

Bill, I used to be a able to remember most of my dreams..then went for years remembering almost none. It is only recently that I started recalling them again, but I have to write it down as soon as I wake or all memories disappear. My recollection of this latest dream is probably only half of what happened. Thank you for your generous comment.

8. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

That was a strange dream, John, but I loved what you did with it in poetic form.  Most days I wake up from a dream that I can relate to my husband.  He, on the other hand, never seems to remember his dreams.  For the most part, I enjoy my dreams. 

Thanks, Rosina, for the sharing of this post in the forums.

1. Jodah profile image89

Hi Peg, like you, my wife remembers most of her dreams and her’s are very vivid as she mumbles and tosses in her sleep. I only remember the occasional one but they are always pretty surreal. Thanks for reading.

9. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

I wrote a reply...if i don't see it afterbit...I'll write it again.
    It might be lost in cyber space

1. Jodah profile image89

Okay, Brenda. I haven't seen one from you yet. It looks like the cyber cookie monster strikes again.

1. Misbah786 profile image82
        Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Lol! Poking my nose in the conversation, I was scrolling through my feed and found it interesting and funny. Ha Ha!

These forum glitches are strange and hungry. They eat our comments. hmm Lol! big_smile

Blessings to both of you! smile

1. Jodah profile image89

https://hubstatic.com/15807949.png

Mmm comments…yum yum yum yum

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
            Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Love this!!

2. Misbah786 profile image82

This is so sweet!

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80

They must be very Hungry.   Lol!

Lol! big_smile

Yeppie.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80

Cyber cookie monster....Lol!

I like that one...I think we can all relate...
        It happens to us all the time.

A poem....??? Is it hitting your inspiration?

1. Jodah profile image89

Haha…maybe there’s a poem in there somewhere.

John...
            I'm sure it's there.
            Or it was...
            Before Cyber Cookie Monster spotted it.
            Lol!

1. Jodah profile image89

Haha you are funny!

Lol!

10. Brenda Arledge profile image80

According to John...
    The Cyber Cookie Monster Strikes Again!!!

My comment is lost.

Misbah & I lose notifications all the time, but now my words disappear.

So "let's play it again Sam"....
    John
    I enjoyed your article and poem about dreams.

I used to dream all the time, but they too are lost.  Now it is rare.
    I think I wake up alot during the night...so maybe I'm not getting that REM sleep.

I dream in full vivid color with loads of detail though & writing them down like you do is always the best.
    I'm not sure why, but as the day goes along our recollection of a dream dissipates.

I hope your dream is not a premonition and that your wife isn't battling anything new.

Don't you just hate those dreams you don't get to finish?

Like this one when the telephone rings??

Or do you go back to sleep and pick right up on the part you were at?

Great write.

Lol! Bredz, you are so sweet and your words are the sweetest, so perhaps The Cyber Cookie Monster enjoys sweets. wink

I'm also missing a lot of notifications, and the feed isn't refreshing a lot of times. I believe there are some glitches smile
      Much Love and Blessings!

Misbah
        That Cyber Cookie Monster must love us!

I bet he has a few friends who are hiding our notifications too.

Smile.

Lol! Yes, I agree! big_smile

11. vidsagster profile image85
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

John, it is an interesting subject and you have explained it well. I loved the poem about the weird dream you had. True, sometimes the dreams are so nice, you just don't want to wake up. Oh but the scary ones, what a relief to wake up from. Enjoyed the conversation about the cookie monster. I have also experienced it, some if my comments simply seen to disappear, lol.

12. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Hello Vidya, it was good to receive your comment on this article. With this dream I am not sure whether I was pleased to wake from it or not. It seems to have been a one-off, and not recurring, although I haven't remembered any dreams I have had since. Haha .glad you liked the cookie monster convo. Yes, he has taken a liking to stealing comments.

13. Vanita Thakkar profile image85
    Vanita Thakkarposted 2 years ago

This is a nice article on dreams and their interpretations, John.
    Your struggle to be able to understand your latest dream is very much relatable. We all dream during sleep. Some dreams are pleasant and some are scary. Dreams can be indicative of something coming forth or they can be just a reflection of our thoughts. The Ayurveda says that some dreams are merely related to heavy food consumed before going to sleep and succeeding digestive problems getting mixed up with thoughts and emotions.
    There are several texts and scriptures that help us understand dreams and dream states. Sometimes what they say helps us. But I feel, our own insight and intuition can best help us understand them.
    Recently, I came across the review of a story in which a dreadful dream awakens the central character of the story to some forthcoming disaster and his love for his girlfriend and his willingness to improve upon himself helps him prevent the disaster.
    I enjoyed the discussion on cookie monster. The picture is cute. I also experienced some trouble with comments today morning and was wondering what happened. I think it was due to this cookie monster you people are talking about.
    Best wishes and regards to you.

1. Jodah profile image89

Thank you for reading this article, Vanita. I appreciate your insights. Yes, I agree we have to use our own insights in conjunction with any interpretation advice to effectively understand our dreams. That dreaded cookie monster strikes again.

2. Jodah profile image89

Hi Vanita, sorry for thee late reply. For so reason I received no notification. The cookie monster strikes again lol. You offer very good insights and info regarding dreams in your comment. Thank you for reading. Stay blessed.

14. Brenda Arledge profile image80

Dreams...
    If only we could make them reality...
    Unless of course it's a nightmare

15. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 2 years ago

John has created a very interesting article. I enjoyed reading it. Dreaming and the nature of dreams are fascinating and puzzling topics. Thanks for sharing the article, Rosina.

1. Jodah profile image89

Thank you for reading this Linda.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)