The Curse ~ The Treasure of Calibishie (Final Chapter)

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Pamela99 profile image86
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

Be sure to read John's final chapter telling us of pirate's treasure. This is a story based on the prompt 'treasure'. It is s very good conclusion.

https://hubpages.com/literature/The-Cur … al-Chapter

1. Jodah profile image88
      Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Pamela, thank you for sharing the final chapter of the story. Much appreciated.

1. Carb Diva profile image99
        Carb Divaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wow John, you certainly know how to tell a story. Sounds like an Indiana Jones tale.

1. Jodah profile image88

Hi Linda, thank you for reading the story.  Wonder if they need a screen-writer for any future Indiana Jones movies lol. Thank you.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image94
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello John!
      I have followed your story, The Treasure of Calibishie, and enjoyed reading all the three parts.  Well weaved story, with the perfect conclusion. You have great imagination and great story telling skills.
      Thank you for sharing this interesting read.
      Thank you Pamela, for sharing John’s story.

1. Jodah profile image88

I am glad you enjoyed the story, Chitrangada. Thank you so much for reading and for the generous comment. I am pleased the conclusion worked out okay.

2. Misbah786 profile image81
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Wow…. What a beautiful ending, John. I enjoyed all the three parts of this story. I enjoyed this part of the story very much “The doubloon scored a direct hit……. “POP!” and his eyeball exploded”. I read it twice and tried to imagine the scene. I loved it. Thank you so much for sharing. smile

Thank you so much, Pamela, for creating this forum discussion.

Have a great day and keep smiling
    Blessings to both of you smile

1. surovi99 profile image86
      surovi99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

This was an awesome final chapter with a great ending. I went through the other parts as well to revive my memory. It made me smile that the main character couldn't get hold of the cursed treasure but had a picture of it to tell the tale to others. Yes, it was a fitting end to the story. I appreciate it very much. Thanks for the entertainment in the lovely afternoon here, John.

1. Jodah profile image88

Hi Rosina, I am happy that you enjoyed this story. I wasn't sure how it would end as I never planned the story, I just wrote as ideas came to me. It is great that it entertained you and that you were happy with the way it ended. Take care.

1. vidsagster profile image87
          vidsagsterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Great ending to a wonderful story, John. I enjoyed reading all the three parts. You are truly a gifted story teller. Thanks for sharing Pamela.

1. Jodah profile image88

Hello Vidya, thank you for your kind comment. I am pleased that you enjoyed all three parts of the story.

3. Misbah786 profile image81
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

A cookie monster here again tongue

https://hubstatic.com/15904001_f1024.jpg

1. Jodah profile image88

big_smile so it appears

1. Misbah786 profile image81
        Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, he should be punished. big_smile

So here's my comment again smile

Wow…. What a beautiful ending, John. I enjoyed all the three parts of this story. I enjoyed this part of the story very much “The doubloon scored a direct hit……. “POP!” and his eyeball exploded”. I read it twice and tried to imagine the scene. I loved it. Thank you so much for sharing. smile

Thank you so much, Pamela, for creating this forum discussion.

Have a great day and keep smiling
        Blessings to both of you smile

1. Jodah profile image88

Yay, I got your comment this time, Misbah. I don't know why it didn't show up before. I didn't know why you mentioned the cookie monster. I thought maybe the link wasn't working. I am glad you enjoyed all three parts, especially the gory bit lol. Thanks again, my friend smile Blessings to you.

1. Misbah786 profile image81
            Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

No worries, dear friend! smile

He is also capable of devouring the entire article. Please be careful!!! wink tongue

Blessings always!

4. billybuc profile image86
    billybucposted 2 years ago

A rousing thriller with a great ending. Who could ask for more? Loved the story. Poetry or short story, you bridge the gap effortlessly.  Truly a talented writer/poet, and a pleasure to have read lo these many years.

1. Jodah profile image88

Bill, you don’t know how much I appreciate your feedback, and a comment like that does a lot for my confidence in writing short fiction. I have been trying my hand at it more often lately, so practicing may not make perfect but it does help one improve. As I have said to others, I am very relieved the ending worked out well. That was what I was most worried about.

5. Venkatachari M profile image82
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

A wonderful, mesmerizing story, Dear John! I got fully immersed in that descriptive narration of the full tale. Very well done. I appreciate you very much for this nice piece.

1. Jodah profile image88

Hello Venkatchari. It is great to receive a comment from you. I am humbled that you found the story mesmerizing but very glad it kept you immersed throughout. Thank you for your kind words.

6. Venkatachari M profile image82
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

And, thanks Pamela for sharing it so that I could express my feelings.

7. Peggy W profile image99
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

Thanks Pamela for sharing the gripping ending to John's pirate treasure story.  He surely knows how to spin a captivating story!

1. Jodah profile image88

Thank you for reading my story, Peggy.

8. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

John
    I finally got to read your conclusion.

I must say it grabs your attention.
    Very descriptive from the beginning to the end.

Sometimes it's best to get the hell out of dodge and live your life.

What a curse.  I can only imagine what else his fate met up with when he decided to be greedy.

Great job on this one.  I'll post a link to the word prompt article.

1. Jodah profile image88

Hello, Brenda. I enjoyed writing this story. It was a little diversion from my usual poetry. Thank you for reading.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)