The Proposal ~ The Final Chapter by John Hansen

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)
  1. surovi99 profile image84
    surovi99posted 20 months ago

Please read the final intriguing chapter of "The Proposal" by John. Here is the link:
    https://hubpages.com/literature/The-Pro … al-Chapter

Hi John,
    This is the perfect fruitful ending to the story in series. Loved the great message in it of the "butterfly effect." It was very serene and soothing to the soul. Thanks a lot for a great and enjoyable read in my lovely afternoon here.

1. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for sharing the link to this final chapter, Rosina. I am happy you found it serene and soothing the way it ended. I always appreciate your comments.

2. ravirajan01 profile image95
    ravirajan01posted 20 months ago

Interesting ending John. I am sure the family would be very happy with Michael's contribution in time. Just one thought - maybe a sequel can be thought of-

Will the family discover about Michael in the future?
    Will they try to repay Michael?
    Will the family carry the scheme forward?

Thanks, John for sharing.

Thanks, Rosina for sharing John's story.

1. Jodah profile image91

Thank you for reading this, Ravi, and your suggestion is helpful. I did feel there could have been more to this story, if not conflict, some other questions to be delved into and answers found. Cheers.

3. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 20 months ago

This is a good ending, John. The people that lost their house in a fire sure need the help. Ravi asks some interesting questions, but we won't know the answers as the family won't know Michael was involved and no one is allowed to talk. I like your reminder John of how we need to take time to consider what others are going through.

Thanks for posting John's story, Rosina.

4. Misbah786 profile image84
    Misbah786posted 20 months ago

The third part of the story is just as good, John. I completely agree with your idea of being kind to others. We never know what another person is going through in their life. Doing little acts of kindness is essential for the betterment of society and for creating a healthy and happy atmosphere around us. Kindness costs nothing! What we do, good or bad affects the world. It's up to us what changes we want to see. If we want, we can create heaven on Earth; if we don't, we can also make hell.
    I enjoyed the story and loved the message. Thank you for sharing. smile

And also, thank you, Rosina, for sharing John's story.

Blessings always!

5. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 20 months ago

Hello Misbah, I love your explanation of how acts of kindness lead to the betterment of society. That is so true. Much better than the alternative. Blessings to you, my friend.

6. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 20 months ago

John...
    By cynthia seeing the news story about the family, and alerting him...she became part of the obvious choice.

Even though she is unaware, he knows in his heart that she wanted to help them. That makes the burden of carrying this secret a bit easier...but I wonder when the news comes out that they were helped by an anonymous donor....can he keep his mouth shut or will he eventually spill the beans to Cynthia.

Great ending though and way to teach us a valuable lesson.

Each action in life affects the next one.

1. Jodah profile image91

Thank you Brenda, your insights and questions you raise are very valid. I have a feeling Michael may eventually spill the beans to Cynthia (after all she was really one of the recipients, and the one who gave him the idea of nominating the family affected by fire.)
      I am glad you liked the ending, and feel it teaches a valuable lesson.

7. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 20 months ago

Your story has an excellent message for everyone, John. Even if we don’t have money to spare or have other difficulties in life, there is probably some way in which we could help another person.

1. Jodah profile image91

Thank you for reading the story in its entirety, Linda. I am glad you feel it conveys that message of helping others in whatever way we can.

8. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 19 months ago

For the few that haven't finished reading John's last piece....
    Worth the time to read.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)