A Poem About Nothing (and More) - By John

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)
  1. ravirajan01 profile image95
    ravirajan01posted 20 months ago

John writes a great collection of poems on Brenda's word prompt "Nothing."Each poem explores a different facet - self-motivation, inspiration, and even writing about nothing—excellent Work, John, as always.

https://hubpages.com/literature/A-Poem- … g-and-More

1. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing another of my articles, Ravi. I also greatly appreciate your generous comment.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 20 months ago

Hello John!
    Great response to the word prompt, Nothing!
    I liked reading your poems, with deep thoughts! You have made the word, much more meaningful!
    Thank you for sharing another wonderful creative piece, and thank you to Raviji as well!

1. Jodah profile image91

Hello Chitrangada,
      I am glad my poems helped make the word “nothing” more meaningful. Your comments mean a lot too.

3. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 20 months ago

These are excellent poems, John. You certainly more than met Brenda's prompt. I enjoyed the message in that first poem especially.

Thanks for posting John's poems, Ravi.

1. Jodah profile image91

Pamela, thank you for reading and I am glad you feel I met Brenda’s prompt well. ‘Nothing’ is an interesting word to write about.

4. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 20 months ago

Thanks for sharing John's piece with us.

I'll get to it as soon as I can.

5. Brenda Arledge profile image79

John
    Your poem "A Poem About Nothing
    Nothing" says it all in a few lines

Nothing is beyond me, if I strive I’ll succeed,

When you have everything, there’s so much to lose,

But if you have nothing, life is an upward cruise

I’d rather have nothing, and be happy with that

Your poem, "Writing About Nothing"  shows us how if we only think about nothing , no one will want to go along.

No one will read our work.

Your acrostic poem, "NOTHING ~ An Acrostic"  givees us encouragement to help others along the way.
    Telling us not to give up on our dreams and to believe in God's grace.

"The Nothing Song" is quite simple but carries an impactful message.

Great job.

I already posted a link in the world prompt.

So glad your muse decided to wake up.

P.S. ~ i loved the message in the first one too.

1. Jodah profile image91

Thank you, Brenda. I enjoyed the challenge presented by this prompt. It got the old brain cells working. Thank you also, for posting the link on the word prompt article.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image79
        Brenda Arledgeposted 20 months agoin reply to this

John...
        That's great
        I'm glad those brain cells got to working!

It makes for a good read .  Thank you.

6. surovi99 profile image82
    surovi99posted 20 months ago

These were great poems on "Nothing" (Brenda's prompt week 55), which I simply loved and admired. The quote by Robert Frost made me smile big. It's about noon here and nothing much to do at the moment other than continue with my reading. But I loved your article a lot which filled up my minutes of the day with joy and delight. Thank you, John, for sharing.

Thank you, Ravi, for sharing John's post.

7. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 20 months ago

It is always a pleasure to read your comments, Rosina. What more can I want than for some of my poetry to help bring joy and delight to your day?
    Yes, got to love Robert Frost.

8. aesta1 profile image91
    aesta1posted 20 months ago

Such a delight to read your poem, John. How you can think up so many things to include in a poem on nothing is admirable.

1. Jodah profile image91

Hi Mary, it took me awhile to think of everything to write about nothing. Thank you.

9. abwilliams profile image67
    abwilliamsposted 20 months ago

John, nothing about your writing, is unimpressive! wink

1. Jodah profile image91

Aww, thank you, AB. I am tempted to say thanks for nothing haha but I wouldn't mean it.

10. Brenda Arledge profile image79

Take time to read everyone's work...
    Here's John's

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)