World Without Hunger - By Chitrangada

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (23 posts)
  1. ravirajan01 profile image96
    ravirajan01posted 19 months ago

Chitrangada has written some beautiful poems on hunger, each showcasing a different facet of hunger - from hunger for food to hunger for knowledge to a beautiful acrostic poem. Each of the poems contains deep underlying emotions that convey thought-provoking discussions. Thanks, Chitrangada for sharing these poems as a wonderful response to Brenda's week 56 prompt - Hunger

https://hubpages.com/literature/World-W … unger-Poem

1. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 19 months agoin reply to this

These are wonderful poems about hunger, and an excellent response to Brenda's word prompt. Well done Chitrangada.
      Thank you for sharing, Ravi.

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
        ChitrangadaSharanposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Thank you so much John, for reading and appreciating my response to the word prompt, Hunger. I am glad that you liked it.
        My best wishes to you.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90

Thank you so much Raviji, for sharing my response in the forum, and for your positive feedback.
      Appreciate your kind words. Thank you so much.

2. surovi99 profile image82
    surovi99posted 19 months ago

I loved these poems on hunger so much- a perfect response to Brenda's week 56 prompt. The hunger for food as expressed in the first and acrostic poem reminds us of the acute problem globally and makes an awareness among us to come forward and reach out to others who are less than and hungry. The hunger for knowledge is interesting because once he acquires it, he will have increased his skillset and therefore, make his near future bright regarding career options and jobs. Thank you, Chitrangada, for all these magnificent poems, and I must say I had a very enjoyable read over all these.

Thank you, Ravi, for sharing her poetry.

Thank you Rosina for your kind and generous comments.
      I am pleased to know that you liked my response to the word prompt.
      Hunger is a vast topic and a serious issue, which needs lot of attention, discussion and some real work.
      Happy to know that you liked my poems. Thank you so much and always a pleasure to read your comments.

3. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 19 months ago

I love the messages in your poems, Chitrangada. This is an excellent response to Brenda's prompt. It is heartbreaking that there is so much hunger in the world.

Thanks for posting this article, Ravi.

Thank you so much Pamela, for your appreciation of my response.
      I am so glad that I could write on this topic, which seemed rather difficult to me initially.
      Have a great day and thank you.

4. Misbah786 profile image85
    Misbah786posted 19 months ago

Wow! Di, what a beautiful and thought-provoking article. I liked your thought that we can all help by not wasting food, feeding the hungry, sharing what we don't need, and doing many other things.
    All of your poems are beautifully written. I loved them all. Excellent response to Brenda's prompt. Thank you so much for sharing.

Thank you for sharing Chitra Di's wonderful work, Ravi.

Best wishes and blessings! smile

Thank you Misbah, for reading my article and sharing your thoughts on the same.
      Glad to know that you liked the poems, and the thoughts expressed on this word prompt. Wastage of food is a major issue by the more affluent people. Nature provides for everyone.
      Thank you for your kind words of appreciation.
      My best wishes to you, always.

5. Brenda Arledge profile image78
    Brenda Arledgeposted 19 months ago

Chitrangada...
    Your words ring so true that Hunger is perhaps the greatest curse, a person can have in life.

In your poem, "Ending Hunger" you remind us to count our blessings and share with those less fortunate than us.

In your poem, "Hunger for Knowledge" you tell us how we often want to learn more.
    We have that constant desire to learn each and everyday as we reach out to read a bit more.

In Your "Acrostic Poem on Hunger" you point out that no one should go hungry.
    We have the power to stop starvation.

These poems are filled with messages from the heart.
    Hunger for food is a terrible thing, as is the constant quest for knowledge.
    One would think the two could meet and help one another.
    Knowledge & Hunger.

Great write.
    I'll post a link in the word prompt article.

Hello Brenda!
      Thank you for a wonderful review of my work. As always, I look forward to your analysis, and I am happy that you liked my response.
      Your words are full of wisdom, when you say that, ‘Knowledge and Hunger could meet and help each other.’ And rightly so, educate people, so that they are capable of feeding themselves and their families.
      Hunger is an important word prompt, and thank you for providing this. I am glad that I could attempt this one.
      Thank you and best wishes to you.
      Have a great day.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image78
        Brenda Arledgeposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Chitrangada
        You are so welcome.

I always look forward to reading your words.

You & the other Hubbers keep giving me the inspiration to keep going.

Take care

6. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 19 months ago

Thank you once again Brenda, for your kind words of appreciation for my work.
    Take care!

7. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 19 months ago

Chitrangada has described the hunger for food and the hunger for knowledge very well. I strongly agree with her statement that food is everyone’s right. We don’t all have to be rich, but we shouldn’t be hungry. Thank you for sharing the article, Ravi.

Thank you so much Linda, for appreciating my response to ‘Hunger.’
      Glad to know that you liked the thoughts expressed in the article.
      Always a pleasure to read your comments.
      Have a great day. Thank you.

8. aesta1 profile image92
    aesta1posted 19 months ago

Chitrangada, thank you for reminding us of this issue, as in my world, it is hard to feel hunger. Sometimes, we remind ourselves to feel hungry once in a while. It is, however, a choice, whereas, for many people, it isn't. We try to curb waste which is often tricky. One step at a time, hopefully, will bring us to better food management.

Hello Mary!
      It’s a pleasure to read your comments.
      You are right that usually, we don’t realise the problem of hunger, since most of us haven’t faced it. But, for those who don’t have enough, the ‘have nots’, feeding themselves and their families is their first priority. Sometimes, it might even lead them to do wrongful acts.
      Thank you so much for reading my response and sharing your thoughts.
      Have a great day. My best wishes to you, always.

9. Brenda Arledge profile image78
    Brenda Arledgeposted 19 months ago

Chitrangada Sharan's work on Hunger

Thank you Brenda!

1. Brenda Arledge profile image78
        Brenda Arledgeposted 19 months agoin reply to this

You're so welcome.

10. bhattuc profile image84
    bhattucposted 19 months ago

Nice poems. Well crafted.

Thank you Umesh ji, for your kind words of appreciation!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)