The Feline Five ~ a Poem About Cats by John

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)
  1. surovi99 profile image82
    surovi99posted 15 months ago

It is wonderful that John has dedicated a poem to his cats. Here is the link:
    https://hubpages.com/literature/The-Fel … About-Cats

This is a very lovely poetry about each of your cats. It was fun to read about their daily activities. It was indeed very enjoyable, John except that one deceased very recently. Sorry to know that.

1. Jodah profile image92
      Jodahposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for sharing this, Rosina. I am glad you enjoyed the poem about my cats. Yes, Fanny is greatly missed.

2. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 15 months ago

I ove your poem, John. The pictures of your cats are great too. This poem was a plesure to read.

Thanks for posting John's poem, Rosina.

1. Jodah profile image92

Thank you, Pamela. I am pleased you enjoyed the poem and photos of my cats.

3. ravirajan01 profile image92
    ravirajan01posted 15 months ago

Lovely poem, John. I loved reading about the lives and the interesting antics of feline five . You must be having your hands full trying to sort out their quarrels and fights smile Thanks for sharing

Thanks, Rosina, for sharing John's poem.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hi Ravi. Thanks for reading. Yes, having five cats certainly keeps me on my toes.

4. Peggy W profile image94
    Peggy Wposted 15 months ago

Your poem was good, John.  I enjoyed the photos, especially the ones of them at your computer.  Reminded me of ours.  Great muses! Ha!  I also liked learning about Mark Twain's love of cats.  Thanks for sharing this piece, Rosina.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hi Peg, thanks for reading and enjoying. I am always brushing cat hair off my computer keyboard but I guess that comes with the territory…cat territory. You take your muses however they come haha.

5. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 15 months ago

John has created a lovely poem with interesting and enjoyable photos. I am sorry about the fact that Fanny has passed on. I wish cats (and dogs) lived as long as humans.

Thank you for sharing the article, Rosina.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hi Linda, I am pleased you enjoyed this. Yes, Fanny’s passing was sad so I won’t go into that. She was 16 years old, but it is still hard. We have lost too many pets in the last five years. I wish our pets lived longer too. Thank you for reading.

6. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 15 months ago

Hello John!
    It's so thoughtful of you to write about your pet cats! They become like family and keep us busy and entertained! Sorry to know about one of them passing away!
    Thank you for sharing the well expressed poem, with special reference to Mark Twain!
    Thank you Rosina for sharing this in the forum!

1. Jodah profile image92

Hello Chitrangada,
      Yes, our cats are certainly part of the family and deserve recognition. It is always sad to lose one. Thank you for reading and enjoying this poem.

7. PurvisBobbi44 profile image91
    PurvisBobbi44posted 15 months ago

Hi John,
    I loved your poem and your love of cats. I have four that have adopted me, as well as an elderly one who comes by to eat. He is a Maine Koon cat (I believe that is what they are called). Then Baby came five years ago, and Smoky, Missy, and Mama came in February of this year. I had my pom, "Sweetie Angel," until 2016. He was almost 13 when he passed from a kidney disease.

Thanks for sharing,
    I tell my sister that I love animals more than humans. Animals love is unconditional.

Have a great 2023,
    Bobbi Purvis

1. Jodah profile image92

Hello Bobbi,
      Thanks for reading this poem about my cats. I am glad you have been adopted by four felines as well. I agree that it is often easier to love animals than humans. You have a great 2023 also.

8. FlourishAnyway profile image95
    FlourishAnywayposted 15 months ago

Fabulous.  Loved the poem as well as your cat photos.  Sorry about your recent loss.  We call our strays "volunteers" since they are walk-up family members. 

We've been feeding a grey tabby for 6-8 months (along with others) and he comes several times a day.  Like all of the cats who eat here regularly, we got him fixed, vaccinated, and microchipped.  We named him "Chase." Then recently on my doorbell video camera, I saw two people drive by and get out of their car, surprised, calling him "OJ" and carrying him off.  Surprised me.  I suspect he might be back.

1. Jodah profile image92

Thank you for reading, Flourish. We are the same, we have had all the strays desexed etc..sorry to hear that Chase was taken but his owners must have been looking for him but must have taken them awhile. Hope he comes back.

9. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 15 months ago

John...
    Such a cute poem about your feline furbabies.

They definitely are territorial & play...sometimes a bit rough.

I've never heard of anyone renting a cat...
    I imagine they're are plenty of strays..but then again He paid for the upkeep for life.

Interesting little addition to your piece.

I have always been fond of cats.  I had 10 inside & 10 outside at one time...
    I went a few years without any...and those were lonely times.

Luckily I have my two...and currently feeding a stray cat since this weather took such a turn.

Nice pictures too.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hello Brenda..thank you for reading. Having your two furbabies would be a Godsend at times like you are going through. To give you  company and keep you sane while isolated at home. I hope the end of this horror weather is in sight.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image81
        Brenda Arledgeposted 15 months agoin reply to this

John...
        They definitely helped...although they didn't like having to stay in the other room either...but eventually they did since it was too cold.

It's looking so much better.   The sun is shining and we are like 40 degrees.

The crews are out plowing the roads and alot is melting.

After the first of the year...I will implement a few changes...like a few bales of straw on the outside of house and covering up this window with weatherization plastic until summer.

Things are looking up here in Ohio.

1. Jodah profile image92

Great news!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)