Good Luck or Grace: Poem by Chitrangada.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 6 months ago

Please take some time to read Chitrangada's excellent response to the word prompt "Luck" by Brenda Arledge
    https://hubpages.com/literature/good-luck-or-grace-poem

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Hello John,
      Thank you for sharing the link to my response to the word prompt, Luck.
      Much appreciated.

1. Jodah profile image91
        Jodahposted 6 months agoin reply to this

You are most welcome. I always enjoy your poetry.

2. tsmog profile image86
      tsmogposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for posting Chitrangada's poem John!

Very creative poems Chitrangada! Seems one may say there is luck from the observer's perspective and then there is that from the lucky person's perspective. Your poetry paints a clear picture which is truth. Well done!

Hello Tim,
        Thank you for reading and appreciating my response to the word prompt, Luck. I am glad that you liked my thoughts expressed in the poems.
        Yes, one can have different perceptions about Luck. Appreciate your kind comments about the same.
        Thank you for your encouraging words.

3. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 6 months agoin reply to this

After 50 years of loving my work, because a person can not master life unless they love what they do.  The part luck comes in, is in the chaos of genes or situations challenges, where love and work glues it together again gracefully. Another view of success in life, in  order first by passion, attitude, focus and least important talent. Talent or luck, can be natural or required. Without the work and love again it doesn't  evolve well.
      Talent and luck are over rated. Being an over achiever brings it down to common, is to say I've been lucky.  If they say I'm very talented a gift from God. It could be from my father, a black sheep in the family too, and so is my daughter a black sheep of  uncommon sense, all masters in what they do. Chaos is far greater environment than order on the other hand.

Hello Castlepaloma,
        Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the word prompt, Luck.
        Yes, it’s important to love our work. Appreciate your insightful comments.
        Thank you for reading. Best wishes to you.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
          Castlepalomaposted 6 months agoin reply to this

There is no one reality, only perspective. Different individuals truth  perspectives can come in common sense, like a collective God agreed upon.
          Or good sense like love or spiritual chaos.

Or uncommon sense of an unique artist like  out of the box or new way of thinking
          I'm giving an artist perspective and experiences from three generations of uncommon sense.  From three successful artist, a body of work and love of  our family empowerment. My daughter and , I best international artworks is by accident, mistakes from the subconscious of chaos. And artworks that turns out spiritual or at very rare times, scared art work.
          Conclusion, whatever works with love with any.individual. With a little degree of luck and grace.

Thank you Castlepaloma, once again for sharing your thoughts.

2. surovi99 profile image84
    surovi99posted 6 months ago

By the Grace of God, good luck is created but good luck cannot be left to chance. I appreciate the messages behind your poems very much. Loved them thoroughly. Thank you for sharing, Chitrangada. Really a marvelous response to Branda's prompt, "Luck."

Thanks, John, for sharing her poetry.

Hello Rosina,
      I am glad that you liked my poems in response to the word prompt, Luck.
      Thank you for appreciating the messages of my article/ poems.
      Best Wishes to you.

3. Brenda Arledge profile image82
    Brenda Arledgeposted 6 months ago

Chitrangada...
    I love the quote on the photo:
    "Hard work puts you, where the good luck can find you."

In your poem, "Good Luck or Hard Work: Poem" you show us how you stay home to focus on your work.  You put your best foot forward and achieve success, but people belittle it by saying you are just "Lucky."
    When in reality, luck had nothing to do with it.  It was all hard work.

Your poem, "Luck isn’t Chance: Poem" tells us Luck doesn't happen by chance.

It takes hard work & sleepless nights.

Not getting what we wish for is a stroke of Luck not bad luck.

Nothing happens by sheer chance.
    It's through our own hard work toward goals that makes us succeed.

When you are in a helpless situation, and lack hope, God gives us Grace. He points us in the right direction for success.

Others say we're lucky, but it's through the grace of God we succeeded.

Great writing for the word prompt.

I'll post a link in the word prompt article.

Hello Brenda,
      Thank you for the detailed and wonderful analysis of my response. I always look forward to your feedback. I am happy that you liked my poem and the thoughts expressed in the article.
      Thank you for providing the inspiration through your word prompt series.
      Keep doing great work. Thank you.

4. Pamela99 profile image88
    Pamela99posted 6 months ago

I agree with you about luck and grace Chitrangada. I believe in hard work. I liked your poem too. Ray Kroc's statement it exactly right too. Thanks for this excellent response to Brenda's prompt.

Thanks fr posting Chitrangada's article John.

Hello Pamela,
      Thank you for reading my response to the word prompt. I am glad that you found it to be good.
      Yes, I do believe in hard work. Nothing comes on a platter, at least not for me.
      Hope you are doing well. Thank you and Regards.

5. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 6 months ago

Thank you, Chitrangada, for telling us in poetic form that "luck" is not always what it's cut out to be. Most of the time it takes hard work and God's grace to succeed. Great poetry. Thanks, John, for sharing.

Hello Janis,
      Thank you so much for reading my response. Appreciate your kind words and support. I am happy that you liked the thoughts expressed in the article/ poems.
      Have a good day.

6. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 5 months ago

Chitrangada has written excellent poetic renditions related to Brenda's word prompt of the word "luck."  Hard work is definitely related to success!  I also liked the quotes.  Thanks, John  for sharing her work.

7. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 months ago

Hello Peggy,
    Thank you so much for reading my work and appreciating it. It's so good to hear from you after a long time.
    Hope you are doing well.
    Thank you and happy weekend to you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)