jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What’s the smallest house you could live in? Could you live in 500 sq ft? 200

1. rmcrayne profile image98
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

What’s the smallest house you could live in?  Could you live in 500 sq ft?  200 sq ft?  100?

Could you downsize your stuff, and live permanently in a tiny space?

2. Stephanie Henkel profile image96
    Stephanie Henkelposted 6 years ago

It's possible to downsize and live in a tiny space if you can change your mindset on what you "need" to be happy. We lived in a motor home for 4 years (many people do it for 15 or 20 years) in a space that was approximately 240 sq. ft. It made us realize how much less stuff we actually needed.

3. JSParker profile image87
    JSParkerposted 6 years ago

I've seen tiny houses in architectural magazines of about 100-150 sq. ft.  I could live in that for awhile, but there would have to be a compelling reason and a great outdoor climate to do it for more than a few months!

On the other hand, I had a friend who built her own tiny house on property she owned in Oregon.  It was about 175 sq. ft., no electricity, and no sanitary, just fresh cold water.  She lived there in the summers for several years.

4. cicsomum profile image60
    cicsomumposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't care ^^ As long as I've got my PC with me lol

5. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 6 years ago

I lived in My motor home 3 years...its a twenty footer toyota dolphin..about 80sqf....loved it :0)

plus if I got tired of the scenry i just moved on...would do it again...but now that I,m married would get a larger one!!!

6. delaneyworld profile image80
    delaneyworldposted 6 years ago

I currently live in a 1000 square foot home with my mom and daughter.  The space is perfect for the three of us.  We have lived in a space as small as 750 square feet with three people.  If I was on my own I could handle a studio apartment that is about 200 square feet - just to have some space to move around in.  Smaller would even be possible providing I did have an outdoor area just to have a different surrounding now and then. 

We lived in a very large home previously and I have to say, I feel safer in a smaller place.  It is also so much easier to clean and maintain.  I would not choose to live in a big house again.  It's just too much.  We only used certain rooms anyway - it felt sort of wasteful.

7. YvetteParker profile image75
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Single - so just give me a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and I'm good!!  What would that be....about 500 sq ft?

8. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I live large in 240 sq feet..........parked on 25 acres.

WHAT is it that you need to know of 'space saving', " anti clutter", or of making the most with little?

I chose this...........................

bring something in.........take something out.

IT WORKS!

working