When liberals look at black gymnists do they see [racial slur]?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (61 posts)
  1. undermyhat profile image61
    undermyhatposted 11 years ago

When NBC showed a commercial spot for the Autumn premier of a new comedy series entitled "Animal Practice" it used a monkey perfoming on the rings.  An obvious effort to capitalize on the on going Olympics coverage as a means of sparking interest in the new show.  That commercial followed, by mere coincidence, the gold medal performance of the fabulous young black gymnist Gabby Douglas.

A firestorm ensued, but why?  Because when liberals see monkeys they think black people.  It is that simple.  Seeking the opportunity to be offended liberals reoutinely seek out images that they connect to black people and then erupt in outrage at the connections they make in their own minds.

Much like Gingrich's "Obama is hte food stamp president," immediately revealed the racist thought balloons in liberal media, this controversy is revelatory.  The real racists among us are those who see black people as less capable, less educated, less hard working - heck just less.  To the point that they connect in their minds "food stamps" and blacks, "scholl work programs" and blacks, "comedic gymnastic monkeys" and blacks.

Is there any group of people more damaging and more racist than a liberal looking for something about which to get flustered??

http://investmentwatchblog.com/nbc-spar … wins-gold/

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It was a most unfortunate coincidence, if indeed it was a coincidence. Maybe one of our GOP hubbers works at NBC??

2. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's the juxtaposition of the monkey on the rings, with an African American gymnast which was considered by some to be offensive, not the add itself. "Ill timed" is the phrase I've seen used. But what has happened as a result of this liberal political correctness gone mad? A bit of a public discussion about racism in society. Is that a bad thing? I don't think so. It's just words after all. No one got hurt.

NBC demonstrated a lack of sensitivity to a demographic in their audience. It was pointed out to them. They apologised for it. I'm not seeing the issue you have. Should they not be sorry for causing offence, even if it's unintentional? Should society not be vigilant in spotting insidious forms of racism, even though sometimes there are false positives? Surely these types of discussion are all part of living in a pluralistic, post civil-rights society. Isn't it fantastic!

undermyhatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So when you see a monkey you think black woman gymnast?  It takes quite a twisted mind to think that way.  I find it incredible that anyone can actually justify in their own mind the linking of monkeys and blacks.  It speaks more to the mental state of those practitioners of political correctness than anything else.  Political correctness has muzzled any honest discussion of any subject labeled by these mad man as too sensitive.  There is nothing good that has come from the minds of those who seek offense and create speech codes.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If I had seen both, I doubt I would have seen the two as being connected.

Not that this is a case but I know the double talk...if you see racism it must mean you are the racist...

If you see racism where there could not possibly be any without a polluted mind than there must be racist thoughts in your mind.  After all, the observer creates his reality.  We have all become far too comfortable of shouts of "Scoundrel!,"  from scoundrels.

Ah, but who decides that?

2. Don W profile image82

No it doesn't take a twisted mind. It takes a mind aware that historically black people have been compared to monkeys by white supremacists to try to demonstrate that black people are sub-human and inferior to white people. It takes a mind that has heard people convey painful experiences of being called a monkey as a child because of their skin tone (even by adults). It takes a mind that is sensitive to the fact that for some black people, the image of a monkey, in some contexts, has deeply derogative connotations related to race. Connotations that were created by the socially dominant  group, i.e. white people, in order to reinforce that dominance.

Like it or not, the offence felt by some in the black community in situations like this is the product of hundreds of years of racial hatred, discrimination and abuse. 50 odd years of civil rights doesn't wipe that from collective memory. It would be nice if the image of a monkey had no negative racial connotations for black people. That may be so in future, when it's not within anyone's living memory to recall the word or image being used as a racial epithet. Until then some (not all) black people will indeed be offended by an add that seems to juxtapose a black gymnast with a monkey, however unintentional. The most you and I can do (as those not offended) is try to understand the reasons for that offence, and avoid the temptation to think that because we are not offended, no one else should be. It doesn't matter of you find it "incredible" that someone can be offended by this. The fact is that people were offended, and the offence was real. That needs to be addressed and discussed. It has been addressed by NBC apologising for any unintentional offence. And it is being discussed in the media, and by people like us on forums like this. I see both as positive, constructive things that lead to greater cultural awareness for all involved.

3. AngelsRinglets profile image60
          AngelsRingletsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The depiction of Blacks as apes & monkeys was common in mainstreamed popular culture around the turn of the century, especially in postcards.Most times it was the "urban coon" that was being caricatured, for the amusement of White consumers. There's history as Don W. states.

3. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You provide no support for your argument at all.  You assert it, and then say this is why liberals are outraged.  Begging the question is not conducive to intellectual discussion.

4. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

big_smile well that is total hogwash tongue but let's examine this liberals are the racists claim shall we.

Public Policy research shows: GOP primary voters in Tennessee only 54% thought that interracial marriage should be legal this year.

Tea Party membership is less than 1% African American.

According to Gallup white people over 50 are the demographic with the lowest level of support for interracial marriage now guess which demographic conservatives always dominate? What it's the same one? How surprising.

I could go on.

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider- … marriages/

http://www.gallup.com/poll/28417/most-a … iages.aspx

5. tom hellert profile image61
      tom hellertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I did not make the connection but the fact somepeople did- where there is smoke there is fire- or so the liberals will say-nI do agree that if a conservative or republican said something ;like this... or pointed it out they would be ridiculed as a racist... whats the saying for those who comment here "Me thinks thou doth protest too much" to the liberals who do doth protest.

2. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

Yes, that's what all liberals see. Every one of them.

And all conservative Christians shine brightly with the sparkle of God's love gleaming in their eyes. They even get that little ping sound when the sparkle goes off.

(How long till this thread get's taken down? Could possibly have made a more offensive title? You're not selling trash newspapers at the grocery store here. This is a forum where real people hang out.)

3. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

Are you the latest forum troll?  (directed to OP)

1. Shadesbreath profile image76
      Shadesbreathposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's what I am beginning to think.

2. undermyhat profile image61

So you have never wondered what is in a liberal "journalists" thought balloon?  Why would anyone think that "food stamp president " is racist and yet that got people hot.  Why would anyone think that a commercial for a comedy featuring a monkey was intended as racist ant yet it is there.  It is not conservatives who see race(what ever that is) everywhere they look.  It is liberals who are constantly seeking to be offended - thus some comments already on here.

A bogus controversy, spurred on by overly sensitive liberals seeking offense and witnessed around the world.
      http://zeenews.india.com/sports/london- … 46796.html

4. maxoxam41 profile image63
    maxoxam41posted 11 years ago

I think it would be fair to not generalize and simplify the problem. The only people ridiculing the African Americans are RACISTS.

5. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 11 years ago

I do think liberals denegrate blacks more than others do simply by always linking social programs and programs for the poor to minorities (blacks mainly) and by acting like blacks aren't smart enough to get out and get a photo id to vote or know enough not to buy lottery tickets because they might lose. Liberals are always coming up with ways to "protect" minorities from the wide world because they obviously don't think blacks are smart enough to protect themselves. It's insulting and ridiculous, but somehow they get away with it and keep getting those black votes. Maybe if the majority of blacks stopped supporting liberal candidates they would learn this lesson, but that seems unlikely.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

"I do think liberals denegrate (sic) blacks more than others..." 

That's a baseless, ridiculous statement. Who do you think passed the civil rights laws back in the 60s? Why do an overwhelming  majority of minorities vote Democrat? Because they enjoy being denigrated? Your "logic" escapes me. Your bucket's got a hole in it!

Could it be because until the creation of the liberal welfare state the Black Family, though subject to racism and poverty, was intact, raising children to desire more than to become wards of the Democrat welfare state.  How many multiple generations of fatherless black children foundering in the Democrat wardship does it take before people acknowledge the dehumanizing nature of Democrat welfare policies.  How much of a holocaust of unborn black babies does it take before people realize that Democrats are intent on controlling blacks as some kind of preserved voting bloc.

When would anyone vote against the preserve when one believes that is where one is safest.  The constant shouts of racism and only Democrats care about you has done more to keep blacks in poverty and dependence than anything else.  If one asked the question, "Is Mitt Romney a racist?" too many Democrats would say, "Of course he is, he is a Republican."    There is nothing Romney could do to prove in these people minds that he, a white man and a Republican is not a racist.

Isn't that the height of racial prejudice.  Convicted without real proof based on assumption coming from a persons race.  There is nothing inherently racist in Republican politics, despite what Democrats say.  Is there something racist in the constant and unsubstantiated cries of racism from white liberals used to silence white conservatives?

I have grown weary of this game.  I have seen the liberal state wreck the lives of too many quality young black men through a welfare state that has destroyed black fatherhood to believe that Democrats have any answer for restoring black dignity.  After all, it is Democrat supported thinking that sees a monkey and sees a black woman gymnast.

So basically you don't believe racism exists or has ever existed...

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
            Sally's Troveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't believe anything, except to create drama for the hell of it.

+1

I have deep convictions regarding race and political correctness and the detrimental effect of both on all people.  Perhaps we can talk about them.

So you are saying that racism is cured by creating a government welfare state?  You and I both know that your questions and the question just asked are loaded and immaterial.  Anyone who thinks that racism isn't real is wrong.  Anyone who doesn't think there are people whose purpose in talking about race is to keep us divided is wrong.  Someone who thinks that only white people seek to keep us divided along racial lines or through race controversies, is very wrong.

There are those who must keep race the issue because once blacks realize that Republicans are no more their worst enemy than Democrats are their best friend the whole apple cart is upset.

2. KK Trainor profile image60
          KK Trainorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well stated, and sure to ignite even more hatred and insults from the lefties on this site. They hate to see themselves in the mirror of someone else's words. Don't be discouraged by them though, they just come here to make themselves feel better about the way their party has ruined the family structure of America. You're surely going to hear some nasty things from them, but that's just typical of the liberal's idea of tolerance; tolerate only those who agree with you and say what they deem is politically correct.

I am neither encouraged nor discouraged by anything a liberal says or doesn't say.  The only thing that matters to me about liberals is their basic humanity.  I do not wish ill upon them, other than that they do not matter.  But conservatives don't matter much either.  I try to keep Kipling's great poem "If" in my head all the time.

1. Quilligrapher profile image74
              Quilligrapherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After posting 875 comments within 4 weeks, Undermyhat has been banned before finishing his first Hub. sad

No doubt he has another sock in his draw.
              http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

1. profile image0
                rickyliceaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What was it about?

2. Shadesbreath profile image76

Why does that not surprise me?

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The bucket has no bottom. wink

2. mikelong profile image61
      mikelongposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dumb generalizations lead to dumb thinking....  This above quotation is the perfect example...

Please, don't drink the Kool Aid..

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

I didn't hear anything anywhere else about this so called firestorm of controversy.

Nor did I.

3. TamCor profile image82
      TamCorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have to admit that I have heard about it twice--once on the internet somewhere, and once on a TV news program...

Obviously, it was just unfortunate timing, that's all.  To blow it all out of proportion does NOT help matters.  I'm not talking about the OP--I mean in the news, online or off...

How was it unfortunate timing - who looks at a monkey and thinks black woman?  It is the twisted nature of that mind that should be offensive to all of us not some silly commercial of a monkey on the rings.  How does one become so twisted in their thinking as to equate a monkey with a woman - sexist and racist thinking that.  NBC had nothing to apologize for, it is the wicked mind that equates a monkey with a woman that should apologize.

1. TamCor profile image82

When I said unfortunate timing, I was talking about for NBC.  If I'd seen that, I wouldn't have caught it, so I can't answer your question about how one comes so twisted in their thinking, because my mind isn't twisted, lol.

And I agree--NBC has nothing to apologize for.  It's the people who took them to task for it that should be apologizing to everyone.  And NBC should be asking THOSE folks why they even called attention to that in the first place.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Historically in the US racists have referred to African-Americans as monkeys and worse. As I recall famed sportscaster Howard Cosell was silenced for referring to an African American football running back as a monkey. Blacks also don't like to be referred to as "boys" as in the example of a 60-year-old shoeshine "boy."

I find your comments offensive and disingenuous.

2. Sally's Trove profile image78

There is no such thing as coincidence, as in, unfortunate timing. These events came together in this OP's post because there is a substrata of suppressed (or overt, if some would like to 'fess up to that) belief in our culture that blacks have more kinship with monkeys than with whites. The OP is the icon of that belief.

At first I though his post might be an unbiased quest for open conversation. But it's not. It's just a flaming piece of crap to pit white against black. And in this, the OP is a voice for the worst among us.

a.k.a. troll

1. Sally's Trove profile image78

troll, flamer...time to kiss its a** good-bye.

So it is your opinion that the reaction to a commercial was reasonable?  It is a sign of a troubled time when people think that such a thing was purposeful or even notice it in the first place.  It is the connection made in the minds of the politically correct indoctrinated that should disturb.   I don't see it as a white/black thing, in fact - out side of the bigots who would hold purposely hold someone back based on their skin color and those who everywhere they look is skin color - I don't believe in race.  It is a bizarre construct that has been used to artificially separate people for a very long time in this country.  When those who need racism to exist see a monkey they shout "Black woman" at NBC and NBC kowtows rather than saying, "go away you bigot."

To me there is no divide between black and white that isn't artificial, maintained and manipulated by two groups - those who hate and those who need to keep hate in our language.

3. TamCor profile image82

I'm sorry, but I don't quite know what you're saying?  I wasn't talking about the OP's post when I talked about unfortunate timing--I was talking about the commercial airing when it did.

It seems to me that whoever believes this kinship idiocy are the ones who called attention to the timing of the commercial in the first place--I sure would never had noticed it, or thought twice about it.  I would've just seen it as it was intended--a cute animal commercial pertaining to the Olympics. smile

4. Hollie Thomas profile image61
          Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1

7. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

psy war

8. RednecksForObama profile image60
    RednecksForObamaposted 11 years ago

Excuse me. In these days and times, it is not good form to foment discord. We all love the gymnast and the President. Get on board. Work for peace and prosperity!

9. profile image0
    rickyliceaposted 11 years ago

Undermyhat is not a troll lol
    he's jus pointing out how ridiculous this whole scandal is.

However it's not liberals, just some people that are overtly sensitive and see racism everywhere they look.

Blacks aren't anymore related to our fellow apes than any other race, a network shouldn't have to apologize because a small minority of ignorant people think so.

1. Don W profile image82

You do understand that the majority of people offended by this are black people don't you? And that when you say
      "it's not liberals, just some people that are overtly sensitive [and] a small minority of ignorant people" that this could be misconstrued as thinly veiled racist comment in itself. That may not have been your intention, but it's easy to see how these miscommunications happen.

1. profile image0
        rickyliceaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ignorant people refers to those who think that blacks are more related to apes.
        YOU edited my comment to make it sound racist.
        Which is  a perfect example of what I meant.

1. Scolion profile image60
          Scolionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Liberals love nothing more than to splice into comments their own context.  Was this thread the only reason this individual was banned?  It looks like no corner of the internet is safe from the culture war.

2. Don W profile image82

It's a perfect example of how miscommunication can happen when dealing with emotive issues where people have different sensibilities. Even unedited your comment could be misconstrued. Are the people who might misconstrue your comment all ignorant? Of course not. People have different life experiences and their outlooks differ, that's all.

The point is when someone says "I think this is racist and I'm offended", not to just tell them to stop being "over sensitive" just because you don't feel the same. That's like telling someone to "calm down" (a no no in conflict management). It's incredibly dismissive and patronising, and it just causes frustration. It's like telling someone what you feel is more important than what they feel. Unfortunately white society has been saying exactly that to the black community for hundreds of years. So you can see why that might not be the best way to continue.

If you don't understand why someone finds something racially offensive, a good approach is to simply ask "why do you feel that way?" That's tends to be more productive than trying to tell them what you think they should be feeling. In the process of trying to explain, someone may discover they are indeed being sensitive because of previous negative personal experience, and might be able to address that. Or they may explain something you were not aware of that helps you understand why something is racially offensive to them. Either way, I think a bit of empathy and some open discussion is the best approach to issues like these.

10. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

People.
    Keep your animals straight or I'm a hafta report you to PETA!

Gabby Douglas is known as the flying SQUIRREL not the flying MONKEY.
    The comparison is absurd.
    roll
    lol

11. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

It would appear that no matter how into the future we travel in this country we continue to fall back on the legacy of ignorance, bias and racism. What is this self-loathing some Americans perpetuates? Consistently in an attempt to make ourselves feel important by our attempt to constantly try and degrade others which I suspect we have very little exposure to or about.

There is a bigger problem than just biases in this country, (America) the need to feel superior regarding others and that problem is the fact that America isn't doing very well in education Period. Compared to the rest of the world when it comes to education America is near the bottom. Is it no wonder that our tiny little minds are focused on ignorant issues like comparing a segment of our society to wild animals as we have done so often in the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sem6XrROkcc

The symbolized blood on the American flag isn't representative of one race in this country but rather from the sacrifice of all the ethnic groups who have made America a better country. Many have sacrificed their mind, heart and soul for this country and yet and still there are those who constantly want to create division, so we go back to the question why don't we just call ourselves Americans-this is why!

12. Disappearinghead profile image59
    Disappearingheadposted 11 years ago

When people learn to be colour blind all racism will cease. As long as people identify themselves by an ethnic group in an attempt to find meaning, self worth, value, social cohesion or even culture, there will always be a 'them and us'. As much as I never was a fan of Michael Jackson, I do agree with his refrain that "it doesn't matter if you are black or white". It really doesn't. You only need to see yourself as an individual and everyone else as individuals.

1. Scolion profile image60
      Scolionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not sure if you realize that religion is a separating factor of peoples just as race is.  If you want people to be color blind, give up Judaism. ....... That's what I thought.

2. SpanStar profile image60
      SpanStarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Disappearinghead,

As a society one does not look at oneself as an individual we are ethnic groups and in society we are recorded as such. No man is an island, when we check on the progress of the people we check on the progress of ethnic groups rather than an individual.

Being an ethnic group does not mean one is seeking meaning. Usually the group knows who they are, it is usually the irrational ignorance of others about the ethnic group that constitutes conflict. During the days of Hitler there were German people who decided who Jews were/are , during the days of slavery in America there were Whites Americans who decided what Blacks were/are. The problem stems from others bringing their own distorted and ignorant view of life into an arena where it doesn't belong. If one wants to bring their ignorance to light then do so on the back porch of their own property and not in the public arena where it serves no purpose.

3. Don W profile image82

Forming cooperative groups increases chances of survival. It's a biological imperative for humans as it is for other animals such as lions, elephants, ants etc. We are genetically programmed to do it.

Unfortunately that also means we are genetically programmed to exclude because forming a group also instantly creates "others" that are outside the group. We don't like others. If you are "other" then you are a competitor for the resources we need to survive.

Nationalism, patriotism and jingoism are manifestations of our primal affinity for being part of a group. Discrimination, racism, and xenophobia are social manifestations of the tendency to dislike "others". War is a manifestation of the biological imperative to compete with "others". Religion, race, politics etc are an attempt by modern humans to rationalise (and justify) what is actually just primal, animalistic behaviour. Simply put, we think less of those who are not us, and behave in discriminatory ways because we instinctively dislike those who are not "us".

To end racism (and war) we would need to somehow escape the genetic traits that compel us to behave the way we do. Fortunately human beings have reached a stage of self awareness, social development that allows us to behave contrary to our primal instincts, which is why most people don't just murder their rivals. 

But we'll never be able to rid ourselves of that instinct altogether unless we are able to change our environment. Our behaviour has adapted to suit our environment. If we lived in an environment were there was no need to compete for resources, there would be no survival advantage in competing with others and therefore no need to differentiate between us and them. So we must also change the conditions we live in. How we do that, I have no idea, but until we do some people will follow that urge to differentiate between groups, and behave accordingly, while rationalising that behaviour in a way that adds some form of justification other than just animal instinct.

13. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

Billionaire running for president. Is the billionaire group programmed as such? Not for me thanks. I must be your solution. I don't want much money. And I give it to you for free.

14. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

In my opinion the people who 'decide' are African Americans.  I am happy to take their lead in determining what is or is not racist.

I wouldn't think you'd find consensus in that fashion any more than you would from the population as a whole.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)