Obama momentum:

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (32 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

Looks like Obama is pulling ahead in the polls, beyond the margin of error. I think the DNC gave him a nice boost!

1. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Too bad his mom didn't have a dnc instead of birthing him!
      Still have 2 months to go.  Lot's can happen.
      Can't believe there are people out there that are gullible enough to believe him after him lied the first time and hasn't kept his promises.  He wants another 4 years to set up his cronies with more government money so when he gets out of office, they will pay him back.  He needs mucho dinero to get his testicles out of Michele's purse.

1. 50 Caliber profile image60
        50 Caliberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LMAO,  Man! did that open some doors to have some fun with this polls thing.
        I just wonder which head is he pulling,
        or is it double digit, heads he's pulling?
        On the straight and narrow, I'm not worried about him,
        it's the people who put the turtle on the post in the 1st
        Place!? I'm experiencing changes of the amount of
        the dollars I co-pay now in the medication department.
        Looks like the disappearing donut hole is getting filled
        by upping the cost month to month or VA 3 months, I've not
        used the VA for my Insulin and other high dollar medications,
        but I cross the donut hole in 2 months and then the insurance,
        Kicks in making it great from March to December. So Now it,
        it looks like a 100 percent VA and they don't cover some of my
        medications. They use the old stuff. I'm not complaining though
        I have good luck with most of it still doing it's intended job.
        Then they serve narcotics by the quart, looks like a motor oil bottle,
        and it's use is a have to measure. That is a pain, so I'll probably
        stay with the civilian doctor I have that makes it "Tri-care"
        so from the Veterans arena support the troops and stop obamacare,
        If you say Medicare is broken, I'm happy with it! So, please,
        do tell, what is broken? As a Veteran I want an exemption status to
        the current system?

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Democratic convention was more interesting, in my opinion, than the GOP convention.
      Also, the attendees were much more diverse.

1. JSChams profile image61
        JSChamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You know....the left has an almost scary fixation on skin color.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
          Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is a good reason skin color is an issue. The reality is that the United States has a much more varied ethnic identity than it did even 30 years ago. This was not seen at all in the Republican convention, there were basically older, white men. Young people, any Hispanics or Blacks or Asians were not there. Not too many women of any skin color were there. The country is changing, and the R party needs to start changing with it. They still won't admit to climate change, after all the destruction nature caused because of all the pollution, and over development which leads to flooding. The fact they won't admit to evolution and insist that the Earth is 6,000 years old, when science clearly disproves it, is just silly. I don't find fault with people's religions, but when science clearly tells you the evidence is not what is in the Bible, the people need to find a way to still believe what they wish, but not deny scientific evidence. Religion should be about Truth.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
            Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jean!
            I haven't seen anyone argue (at all, let alone successfully) that the RNC was ethnically diverse.
            The party is changing, though.
            The old white guys are making way for young white guys.
            Commonality: white guys.

1. profile image0
              JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

White white white white white....

You're such a racist MM!

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
                Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is not racist to point out racism, it's racist to ignore it.

2. Credence2 profile image78
            Credence2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Scene 1 Witness the elephant morphs into the mastedon!

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
            Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah.
            We like rainbows.
            You got a problem with that?
            lol
            http://www.therainbowbabies.com/i/The_REAL_Rainbow_Babies.jpg

4. Credence2 profile image78

Differing hues and backgrounds speak to a diversity which I trust more than the opinion from those representing an exclusive demographic.

No I mean that seems to be the first thing a liberal looks for is the skin color.
              Interesting for folks who are supposed to be color blind.

2. Credence2 profile image78

The bump was quite substantial while the GOP convention gives Mr. Romney nothing.... I don't know how long the bump will last. It will be up to the President to mop the floor with the gaffe prone Romney during the debate season.

1. habee profile image93
          habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Mitt is off and on with his debating skills. He was sort of disappointing in the GOP primary debates - except for the one where he nailed Gingrich.

3. Reality Bytes profile image73
      Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

Polling Poorly? Just Have Your Justice Department Sue Gallup

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfiel … ue-gallup/

The Chicago way?

smile

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol. Yeah, I read something about that.

BTW, guru Nate Silver is giving Obama 4-1 odds over Romney.

4. Teddletonmr profile image69
      Teddletonmrposted 11 years ago
    5. JSChams profile image61
      JSChamsposted 11 years ago

Let's not forget how far Carter was ahead in the polls before the election. Or Dukakis.

6. carol3san profile image59
      carol3sanposted 11 years ago

I doubt by reminding people of how far ahead Carter was at one point in his re-election, will have no ill effect on the Obama re-election.

History has proven that the leader in the polls is not necessarily the man who will be sitting in the White House.

7. Rasman1 profile image60
      Rasman1posted 11 years ago

Yep and it is a good thing cause the flip flopper and chief is a bad thing for thic country which is why he will not give specifics to his tax plan.

The President is ahead in the polls right now you know.

1. Rasman1 profile image60
          Rasman1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Js Cham you got me wrong I am a supporter of Obama. I was talking about Romney. You are right about the lead in the polls but the Romney camp is losing traction real fast with the lies and flip flops. I mean one minute he is against Obamacare and as of this past Sunday he is for many provisions. The Romney camp will not give any specifics of the tax loopholes they would close. In fact they say wait until after the election and we will show you our plan Scooby doo says HUH!!!

No you misunderstand.
            Jimmy Carter was ahead and lost to Reagan. Micheal Dukakis was ahead and lost to GHW Bush.
            The same can happen here.

I don't know Chams. I say this because when fox news begins to hammer you for specifics and you can't give them you are in trouble. We all know fox news is for the republicans and they are now screaming for specifics. Romney cannot keep dodging specifics. I believe the debates will determine the election this time. You will see. If you read my hub "RNC and DNC convention reviewed" I believe the clear choice has been made.

8. Wayne Brown profile image79
      Wayne Brownposted 11 years ago

I suggest you look deeper into the accuracy of those polls. There are indications that the only poll this week with a representative sampling cross-section not overloaded with Dems was the Zogby Poll which basicallly calls the race a dead heat at this point.  The others are distorted polls conducted by ABC and CNN heavily loaded on the Democrate voter side.  Since when is such actions a service to the public?  To hell with the truth...let's just make it so, seems to be the mantra of too many in the media today.  ~WB

Wayne I agree with you here. Can't really trust the polls. Only the election numbers. I am concerned about the voter suppression .  If there is any discrepancy with votes it s going to be one big quagmire.

9. profile image0
      DigbyAdamsposted 11 years ago

It's hard to be an impressive and consistent debater, when you don't have the courage of your convictions. I spend a lot of time in Massachusetts and Maine and Romney was as inconsistent as governor as he is now. He pretended to be in favor of healthcare reform, but then would change his mind and want a watered down version. Then when Ted Kennedy put on the pressure he buckled and agreed to much more than he wanted. Now he's saddled with supporting what he never really liked.

1. Teddletonmr profile image69
        Teddletonmrposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then compromise is a bad thing

10. profile image0
      DigbyAdamsposted 11 years ago

Ted no it's not a bad thing. But Romney won't just say that and be done with it. If he just said, look I compromised and this is how it turned out and 60% of the Massachusetts population is happy they have it, and stuck to it - no one would have an issue. It's his waffling and pandering that's driving a lot of people crazy - and he's always done it. He's not his father.

1. Teddletonmr profile image69
        Teddletonmrposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well said smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)