Running for Senator of Kentucky

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
    Jo_Goldsmith11posted 11 years ago

Hello Fellow Hubbers,

I would like to get your opinion on if I should run for Kentucky Senator to remove Mr. Mitch McConnell from his sixth term as the Senator of Kentucky?  I have lived in Kentucky for the past 11 years. The only good memories I have are the ones where I enjoy visiting the State Parks like Natural Bridge. I recently had the amazing time at Red River Gorge. My husband and I hiked up to Devil's Chimney and then headed over to Angel Windows. The second best thing to happen is, I would meet my soul mate and the Best Friend a person could ever be blessed to have in their life.
    He is so cool. We are still kind of Newleyweds. We have been married four years 12-12-12. smile I am just as much in love with him now as the day I told him "I think I am falling in love with you". Anyway, after us experiencing the beauty. It was there,  that I thought why not see what would happen if I announced I was going to run against this man who needs prayer and sympathy. He has slammed Ashley Judd for something personal that happened 10 years or more ago. This woman doesn't sit around and say "I wish someone would do someting". She gets out of her comfort zone and she does something!  Her family is amazing and my favorite song of theirs is "Grandpa."

I know I would try my hardest to help change hearts. If you can change a person's heart, they will just maybe be able to focus and the mind would assure them it is a logical thing to do. Yes, I would bring some baggage with me and my imperfect self that daily I am empowered to be even better than the day before. I say to myself what is the motive here?  It is simple. Kentucky has taken two little boys away from me. I never received family preservation. They allowed information to go to the biological father who was domestically violent. He was allowed to see my babies on supervised vists, stalk me where I lived and worked.  My rights are terminated because of politics and the abuse of funding to support more adoptions to take place. Mr. McConnell made me feel like it was all my fault!  He blocked the justice for the death of a beautiful little girl who died because of CHFS neglect. He was on the side that CHFS didn't have to produce documents, because it was a "sealed juvenile adoption". Kentucky needs jobs we need support. Real genuine support with Mentors for families before the child is removed, unless in the case of extreme abuse such as violence or giving your child drugs, over medicating them. My desire is to turn my life of 41 years and create something good. Turn the situation around in Kentucky so more folks would want to visit the beautiful parts we have to offer.

We are angry and fed up! We judge too much and pick the wrong choices. We suffer the consequences and it eats away at us, the time we lost.
    I have lived through this. What other "politician" can say that?

My work would be to re build and strengthen families. We do this from the inside- out! The way I have had to do it  for the past 41 years. 

So, I ask you. Should I really take this aspiration and go for it? 
    I will accept all questions and I look forward to my first "public debate". All are welcome:)

I don't discriminate, pets included too smile

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7887905_f248.jpg

1. bzirkone profile image53
      bzirkoneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Interesting question.  I don't quite follow the story of who took whom away from whom (who?) and how Mitch Mcconnell was involved or at fault? 
      You stated your motivation is to help Kentucky have strong families and mentors.. that Kentucky needs jobs and support.  How do you intend to provide jobs as a senator and what kind of support of you looking for?

Jo_Goldsmith11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

A Ky social worker took it upon herself to place my kids in foster care under the false pretense that I would get them back, if I met her demands. I worked my "generic" case plan. I participated in drug testing for two years!
        Waste of tax payers money. Two years the tests were negative. I don't do drugs. I have a sister who has spent most of her life in and out of jail because of DUI's and drugs. She was placed in foster care at 8 years old.
        She would run away because one of the foster parents were trying to sexually abuse her. My other sister who passed away in 97. Her foster mother threatened her with suicide if my sister wouldn't agree to be adopted! sad  I was left in the home to witness the drama and violence.

I knew it would be better for me, not to go down that road of drug use.
        I went to Parenting classes twice!  The sw would let the kids biological father know my every move and he was able to visit my babies. The CHFS stated in court documents about his "violent behavior and how he *escalated* the kids behaviors of them acting out. I took my situation to McConnell and he said "You had 15-22 months to turn your life around". "There is nothing he can do." My sons didn't have diaper rash, wasn't fed McDonalds every day and they were on a routine.
        Went to the well child visits and were healthy.
        My sons were placed on medication at 2-3 years of age! My children were seperated from each other just three months into care. The original foster mother didn't care for my oldest. My oldest was having seperation anxiety and when he would see me, cry that he wanted to come home.
        He said "they are mean to me". His connection to his little brother went from very close to "just about strangers".
        The CHFS workers "doctor shoped" until they found one who would give them the kind of testimony they needed. My son was tied to a chair in day care while in the CHFS control. It was not reported properly. The person(s) who commited these crimes went unpunished! sad 

How would I make jobs, and help families?

1.) I would use $50,000 out of my $170,000 salary to help buy tours buses so families could be relocated to a safer place then these abuse shelters or the Salvation Army. The parent(s) and their kids could experience the beauty of the National Parks and maybe obtain a job in the area. I would use some of the money to help a family with security and first months rent for a home away from the crisis.

They shift the children from county to county. Why not take the family Unit and re locate them away from the violence?  The tour buses would help with anyone visiting to reach the National Parks, and not worry about using their own vehicles. Some families don't have the independance of knowing how to drive. If it wasn't for another Parent who I formed a friendship with. She taught me how to drive! I was 36 years old before I could drive a car!

It was court ordered for me to go to Vocational rehab. The CHFS ignored the order. They would create crisis ie: abusing son in the day care, 23 of his teeth needed surgery. I was blamed instead of where the blame should really be placed.  I would start workshops, mentorships and organize community projects that would benefit everyone. Cleaning up the litter, rebuilding roads, bridges and homes that have been abandoned.
        I would encourage  the parents to write their stories and use the talents they have and make a living out of it. We all have stresses. Sometimes the stresses are so overwhelming, one needs the emotional support via empathy and then take it to the next level.  Really pick up the dang phone and call in a referral. Some parents need skill building in as far as how to cook healthy meals, balance a check book, drive a car, understand their children need to stick with the routine you have for them. Despite the external crisis. My children had their routines. This really does help to minimize their trauma and if you do it right, they really don't have any idea that the adults are in need of a good sit down.

The "advocates" for the child in care, are all about following the objective of cash for kids. My children's CASA and attorney didn't protect my children's fundamental rights. My own court appointed attornies failed to do due diligence and protect this family unit. I was told to plead "at risk". This isn't the same as actual abuse or neglect. I didn't abuse them ever! I never neglected them or their needs/education. My son loves Blue Clues and Baby Einstein. We worked on learning how to tie his shoes. Al that stopped. He had to repeat kindgarden because he didn't know how to tie his shoes! sad   "The Congress enacted the Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997. This was under the Clinton Adminstration. The purpose was to not allow children to linger in foster care. The purpose was to find homes.
        Even at the cost of a child's life. sad   So, as far as the jobs?

Mentor's for families
        Rehabilation services
        Laborers ie:rebuild homes, roads, bridges ect
        They should partner a cat or dog with a foster child. This would help with the cost of animal shelters being overwhelmed and less animals put down.

Teach parents how to obtain the independence. Get them connected with drivers education, teach them how to drive. Make referrals or transport them to the G.E.D. centers to complete their education. Then assist and encourage they apply for the local colleges, or educate themself on line.

Understand the current crisis is something that should not be "the be all and end all", of who this person is. They are in a crisis, and they need to know they can express the problem safely without judgement or illegal unjust tactics. Families need encouragement from sw to forge on and not worry their kids are being harmed while in foster care. ANd the parents shouldn't worry that the progress they make wil not be included when going before the Judge in Court. The court system delays, reschedules, re evaluates. They push the threshold of 15-22 months by perpetual continuations and false testimony. I hope I answered your questions. Thank you so much for asking them. Please let me know if you have any others. Take care. smile

1. Shyron E Shenko profile image68
          Shyron E Shenkoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

From someone who understands where you are coming from, I know that you would do everything to get the job done.  If I could vote for you I would.

I did not hear what mitch mcconnell said about Ashley Judd, and don't believe anything out of that male's voice.

I have a friend who lives near the land between the lakes in Kentucky, I will ask her to vote for you.

I don't need to ask any question, I know from your writing you would do a good job.

Thank you so much for the ripple of prayers to light the candles that have
            lost the flame! smile  I send you blessings and I am so encouraged to share the
            novel Children's Caravan with you in August this year. Send me e-mail with
            address info to receive your free autograph copy. smile  Shine your Light Shyron! smile  Shalom

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you want to run and have experience and/or willingness to make Kentucky a better place, DO IT!  Be a barrier and rule breaker.   It is time for a nonpolitician to be interested in running for public service and to service the public.   There are enough politicians out there who view their office as entertainment and a career move and their own self-glorification instead of caring for their constituents.   Run, Jo, and serve your constituents and break barriers.   Rules and the old paradigm are to broken.  Make some inroads and be the breaker and the initiator.   America need more new blood, innovators, and independent thinkers.   I wholeheartedly ENCOURAGE you.

WOW!  Thank you so very much for those words. I felt your flame of truth and the warmth of the love in those words, wow! I have some news I want to update with. I guess, instead of writing a hub of it's own, I will share some
        thing that just happened. Are you ready for a hallelujah?

Okay. Our family has been looking for some peace and to stop
        being a "Oh, I am gonna believe I "can't". "I will be a laughing stock"

Turn those thoughts into: Hey social workers of Kentucky Cabinet of Health and Family Services, The Kentucky peace officers and legal systems. Okay,let's see here. The world can see the damage that is done to our children and to our families. We are angry and divided because we demand Justice for those who are murdered, bullied, stigmitized, labeled,
        discriminated against and treat like the piece of meat you serve on your gold plated plates. We light a candle for each of you!  We will pray for you Mr. McConnell that you will no longer "throw your rock, hide your hands, work in the dark against your fellow man". GOP and Hate speechers and NRA fear teachers. We will let our Light Shine, this powerful strength of mine, We let our light shine, The purpose of heaven divine.
        Making waves and touching lives. Lighting the way to shine shine shine! smile

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7895115_f248.jpg

1. gmwilliams profile image85
          gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

David always defeat a Goliath.  America needs more nonpoliticians.  We are so sick of the run of the mill politicians who view things as politics as usual.   They are more showpeople than caring about and helping their constituents.

I just may have the very first "show by example" moment! I am prayfully asking each of you to join me in prayer and if feel moved to become part of something wonderful! I know of a calling and it is crafted with God's wonderful and  perfected umbrella. We label "career". 
            In our child years we learn
            In our teen years we earn
            In our adult years we teach
            In our sunset years
            "We ask... May I be found worthy to forever feel this most peaceful
            and a irreplacable certainty that I have made my savior smile today! smile

3. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

I admire you for fighting the system. I admire you for even thinking about going up against Mitch McConnell. You already know he will dredge up every possible piece of dirt he can to swat you away.
      That's how these power mongers roll.

I don't live in Kentucky, but if I did I would work my hardest to get McConnell OUT.
      Would be awesome to see Ashley Judd take him on. Or you if you decide to run!
      Good luck in your campaigning.
      MM

MM,

You are a Miracle Mom! I felt your prayers and your support has left me in awe! I circle you in prayer and may your light always reach many hearts to help guide them to the rest. Shalom my friend. smile

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

In all my years at Hub Pages, I can honestly say I have NEVER seen such a positive and uplifting
      Politics and Social Issues thread. smile
      Imagine if your love and blessings could be brought to Washington! They would not know what
      to do. They would be defenseless against the universal love of God and your fellows that flows
      through your posts.
      They would see how you bring people (who sometimes do not agree with each other) together.

I am heartened.
      Keep me posted on any Jo_Goldsmith Super PACs that may be forming!
      MM

Well Miracle Mom,
        Do you have any ideas on how to do a super Pac? I would love to take the trip to Washington. I think I will settle for the steps of the Kentucky State Capitol. See if it would be accepted and embraced here. Kentucky struggles to erase the "sins of the past" by sweeping it under the rug.

I believe the amazing people here I have actually met a few. They deserve better and I am fired up and ready to go try and make it happen! smile
        I have been a bundle of nerves!  This is the "job" that I want and with your kind and encouraging words, my heart is so grateful to you. smile
        I would like for this coming 2014 election that is starting to pick up some speed now, to not see what we witnessed in 2012 election. We change hearts by speaking truth. We do it in love and this will "close the mouth of the beast". We need to agree that the time is coming for each one to choose a path. The one I propose is difficult.  Some of us don't know the fine details to make it happen. A puzzle needs every piece to make a picture.
        This world needs every soul to create peace and stop letting children die, families hurting and the angry seeking blind revenge. We need the enlightenment that is ready for the seeking kind of world.  We all can build on and make happen. My Super Pac friends will need to start it for me.
        This can free up my time to put plans together on "where is the money"coming from?  Part of what we need is to throw out the current Standard & Poor rating and start from scratch! Part of being able to get ahead is the ability to have a fair score that reflects the individual's hard work, the individual contributions and the assets they bring to the communites. The "score" should always allow for anyone to obtain some help to get in that home,start that business. We need lots of people who know how to write grants and because of this talent. Help others learn how to write one, this will create jobs for those who need one. Show a family how to start a vegan garden and take care of it. We need to thank God for every thing we don't worry about! Believe he is going to come through on the things we lack the belief it can be done! smile  Would you like to help me get a facebook page or some other way to get the word out. April 26th my beautiful daughter is going to be 13 years old. I have a son who will be 20 July 10th. I hope by then,  there is a wave of good deeds and positive words to reach the hearts of those in Washington.
        Aug 11th my new novel comes out and my son will be 11 years old . And in December the 27th the documentary of the novel that is released Aug 11th will make it's debut at a private screening for the Sundance Channel.

Pray a Miracle
        Don't forget to make a big request
        So the ones who say "oh, this will never be reality
        Will see you breathe the flames of justice and compassion
        And we will be strong enough to command the mountain to move!
        It shall move!

"Let's Move America" - Michelle Obama

Fundraiser, Love T-shirts! smile

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7896089_f248.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)