jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (39 posts)

Judge Roy Moore - Under Fire and Accused

1. RJ Schwartz profile image94
    RJ Schwartzposted 13 days ago

The Washington Post published a story last week stating that Alabama Judge and candidate for US Senator Roy Moore has multiple incidents of misconduct involving underage girls.....34 years ago.
    This is the same "newspaper" that did a hit piece on President Trump last election cycle.  This is also the same publication that is supporting Judge Moore's opponent in what looks to be a must-watch race.  Several establishment Republicans-In-Name-Only have already publicly called for Moore to step aside and disqualify himself from the race. 

This is a judge who has been elected, not appointed, twice, and removed twice due to his unwillingness to remove the Ten Commandments from his courtroom and refusing to allow issuance of same sex marriage licenses in the state of Alabama.

This entire series of events is troubling since Judge Moore has been in office for 37 years and has been through many elections, including the run-off last month - and suddenly now this allegation is made?  It seems like calling someone a sexual predator is going to replace the old Democrat tool of calling them a racist.  What are your thoughts on this matter?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13776577.jpg

1. Credence2 profile image80
      Credence2posted 13 days agoin reply to this

I don't think a great deal of the man. He is just another religious phony and hypocrite.  It will be interesting to see his GOP advocates create enough spin to get his pedophilia background out of the headlines..... But I see they are already trying to convince us that 2 + 2= 5 already, anything to cover the a$$es of one of their own. I say make him sweat to convince us all of his innocence.

I am sitting in the audience with my popcorn...

1. Aime F profile image85
        Aime Fposted 13 days agoin reply to this

Even if it was somehow proven that the women who came forward are lying, we’ll always have that guy who tried to tell us all it isn’t that bad for a thirty-something year old to be with a fourteen year old because of Mary and Joseph. I feel like that guy needs to be getting some more side-eye no matter what.

2. RJ Schwartz profile image94
        RJ Schwartzposted 13 days agoin reply to this

The Republican committee has already cut funding ties with him

2. Aime F profile image85
      Aime Fposted 13 days agoin reply to this

Nah, if Democrats wanted to hurt someone’s chances at winning an election they wouldn’t rely on sexual assault accusations to ruin their chances. We all know Republicans have no problem electing someone with more than a few of those under his belt.

2. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 13 days ago

MARK LEVIN Exposes WaPo Hit Piece on Judge Moore As Complete Fabrication -  SERIOUSLY!
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11 … brication/

Photo of the accuser working with Crooked Hillary, bought and paid for DNC aid:
    Roy Moore’s Accuser Worked for Democratic Leaders and Is Actively Campaigning for Moore’s Opponent
    https://activistmommy.com/breaking-roy- … -opponent/

Accuser pictured with Creepy Joe Bidden.
    ADDED:  ROY MOORE’S TWO ACCUSERS: LEIGH CORFMAN’S AGE WAS 17 NOT 14 & HAS HISTORY OF MAKING FALSE ALLEGATIONS, DEBORAH GIBSON A DEM VOLUNTEER FOR MOORE’S OPPONENT
    https://70news.wordpress.com/2017/11/10 … volunteer/

3. abwilliams profile image36
    abwilliamsposted 13 days ago

Yes it is awfully fishy, just one month before he runs against the Dem
    but, we aren't to question, otherwise we'll be attacked, as he has been.

4. wilderness profile image99
    wildernessposted 13 days ago

Sounds like a man that should never again see the back side of the judge's desk OR the inside of the senate.  But not because of unsubstantiated claims from decades ago - because he has no idea of what his task is as a judge or lawmaker.

5. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 13 days ago

Pardon me folks, I must have missed the long list of prominent Democrats who called on Senator Menendez to step aside and resign after being not just accused of hiring underage hookers, ... but he was criminally CHARGED with political corruption.  If someone has that list, please direct me to it. 

Media silence, while they go after the Judge relentlessly. 
    What a joke!

6. tritrain profile image81
    tritrainposted 13 days ago

There are 5 accusers.  With all of the sexual harassment charges coming out at once, the victims feel empowered to say something.  Sure there will be attention seekers (Corey Feldman) or liars, but every case must be looked into.

Innocent until proven guilty. 

But at the same time, there are plenty of other reasons not to like that wacky guy (I'm putting it nicely).

The one in question worked for Hillary Clinton - too coincidental

7. tritrain profile image81
    tritrainposted 13 days ago

Why are we having these stupid discussions?  Why are you and your buddies bringing up this political crap?  Or guns?  Or other incendiary topics?  Wouldn't it be better to talk about writing or football?  Leave the insulting behavior for another time.

Why are you taking part in something you seem to find disagreeable?  No one is forcing you to partake in this discussion.

8. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 13 days ago

So Roy himself didn’t deny dating the Hillary Clinton employee when she was 17, simply said “I don’t recall” and acknowledged that he had some type of relationship with her. Interesting. *sips tea*

Now it becomes a battle of memories.*pops popcorn*  it's gonna be a bumpy ride so buckle up.

9. RJ Schwartz profile image94
    RJ Schwartzposted 9 days ago

This has been on a slow boil over the past few days - it seems that the attempts by both the media and the GOP to destroy Judge Moore are excessive.  The latest angle would be for the state Republican Party to formally pull its support from him as a candidate.  The strangest thing is that he could still win the election but the results would be null and void.?.?.?.?

This would be an unprecedented act of "taking away the will of the people"

Judge Moore should be given the right of due process just like any other American citizen - if the voters want him, then he should be seated and if he's later found guilty, then punished and removed.

10. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 9 days ago

The Roy Moore Story is fake! They used the name of a restaurant called "Old Hickory House" in Gadsden, AL and claimed an incident took place there in 1977. The Old Hickory House in Gadsden AL opened in 2001 (see link below). However, they found another business with the same name (pictured) with a sign celebrating 40 years in business, which would mean it opened in 1977, exactly the same date they chose for their script. Unfortunately, the picture is from a restaurant in Tucker GA. They used the the wrong restaurant for their phony story!
    https://www.manta.com/c/mm3l763/old-hic … -bar-b-que

Photo they used for their BS story:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … mp;theater

Yelp ... with photo of the Old Hickory House in Tucker GA.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/old-hickory-house-tucker

Added:
    "Old Hickory House" in Gadsden was never called "Olde Hickory House."

The person who forged the signature got the name wrong.
    https://conservativefiringline.com/twit … ok-forged/

Lying fascist scum.

1. Aime F profile image85
      Aime Fposted 9 days agoin reply to this

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/45 … ory-houses

Nice try. For someone who previously tried to make me out to be some sort of monster when you (wrongly) perceived that I didn’t believe victims of sexual assault, you sure are going to a lot of trouble to try to discredit these women.

I’d call you a hypocrite but I think even that would be an understatement.

1. promisem profile image90
        promisemposted 9 days agoin reply to this

You are very patient trying to deal with these people. I have largely given up to spend my time and energy on more important activities.

1. colorfulone profile image87
          colorfuloneposted 9 days agoin reply to this

You know me better than that.  Someone took something wrong, personally. Making a mountain out of nothing intended to be anything resembling that baloney. 

Nice to see you stop by.

promisemposted 9 days agoin reply to this

My comment has nothing to do with you personally. It's directed at any people who fill HP with propaganda that makes them feel better about their personal beliefs instead of opening their minds to look for the truth, no matter where it lies.

Frankly, I don't care if it comes from the right or the left.

It's one reason why I have pulled most of my content from HP even though I had a clear path to 5 million page views.

Thanks for your clarification.

1. colorfulone profile image87
              colorfuloneposted 9 days agoin reply to this

I hope you have a home for you articles where they will perform well.  Wow! Almost a million views is really something to give up, that must have been painful to do.  But, I understand how it is sometimes, one has to think of their own peace of mind.

promisemposted 8 days agoin reply to this

Thanks for understanding. I passed a million page views a while ago. I was hopeful about my progress toward my next goal.

Despite our differences, I wish you well. I know you have good intentions.

2. Aime F profile image85
            Aime Fposted 9 days agoin reply to this

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13781529.jpg

1. VanessaJanes profile image82
              VanessaJanesposted 9 days agoin reply to this

Funny!

11. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 9 days ago

Oh my goodness it is a TRAVESTY that we can’t post gifs here.

12. ptosis profile image86
    ptosisposted 8 days ago

Roy Moore was lifetime banned from Gladson mall for harrassing little girls. He would troll the mall on Friday and Saturday nights. He was also banned from the YMCA for same reason.

When asked about dating underage girls,  he replied, "I always asked their mother's permission".

All this while being the assistant DA.

But the most disgusting example is;
    A JMC analytics poll found that 37 percent of evangelicals surveyed said the allegations make them more likely to vote for the GOP Senate candidate in the upcoming election.

Evangelical Christians have made it clear that under the right circumstances, they’re willing to give pedophilia a pass. Why? Is it because although Roy Moore is a pedophile, he wants to ban homosexuality and staple the Ten Commandments to every public building in the country?

So  homosexuality bad, pedophilia not so bad?

I think this shows that we are not so civilized as a nation as we thought we are. Reminds me of the fact that paedophilia is widespread and culturally accepted in southern Afghanistan. US troops ordered to ignore child prostitution because diversity is good.

"Bacha bāzī is a slang term in Afghanistan for a wide variety of activities involving sexual relations between older men and younger adolescent men, or boys, which is child sexual abuse. The practitioner is commonly called bacha Baz or simply BACH. It may include to some extent sexual slavery and child prostitution."

1. Credence2 profile image80
      Credence2posted 8 days agoin reply to this

Yet, all I hear are excuses that has to make one pause about the sincerity of those that claim to adhere to true Christian principles. There has to be a disconnect between supporting someone as vile as Moore yet can still beat everyone over the head with his or her bible.  Seems like they can so easily trade in Christian orthodoxy for rightwing political expediency. I cannot stand the very mention of these kinds of people.

13. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 2 days ago

EVERY SINGLE DETAIL of Gloria Allred’s and  Beverly Nelson's attack on Roy Moore Has Been Debunked...CNN even helped on this one!
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11 … rrest-now/

As Accuser Stories Fall Apart, New Numbers Out of Alabama Show Roy Moore’s Chance of Winning Has Skyrocketed
    https://viral.americanewshub.com/2017/1 … ed/?fb=ben

I saw this coming from a mile away!  I trusted my gut, and what I knew, and I wasn't a coward for standing up for what I believed. 

Maybe there needs to be charges for fraud made?  Allred already had two investigations on her before this. She needs to be disbarred from practice law as far as I am concerned.

1. PrettyPanther profile image84
      PrettyPantherposted 2 days agoin reply to this

Might Christian of ya.  Defending one child predator because you agree with his politics while spending hours upon hours piling on others because you don't agree with their politics.  You are enabling a pedophile because of politics.  That is truly gross..

My thoughts, copied and pasted from another post. 

Roy Moore is a predator.  Al Franken is a predator.  Donald Trump is a predator.  Bill Clinton is a predator.  Just as there are different degrees of murder or theft under the law, there are different degrees of sexual harassment and abuse.  Roy Moore sexually abused children.  Al Franken grabbed women against their wishes.  Are they the same?  Yes, but no.  Yes, they are both sexual crimes. No, one crime is far worse than the other.  Yet, some will defend Moore because he continues his predatory behavior by bullying his victims, calling them liars, threatening to sue.  Just like our president has done to his accusers.  Just like Clinton did with his.  Franken, at least, owns up to his transgressions.  That doesn't make it okay, but at least he is not continuing to bully his victims.  Can you really say Franken and Moore are the same, either in the crimes they committed, or in the way they are reacting to the allegations?  Franken is not my senator, but if he were, I'd call for him to resign.  We must have standards for our leaders.  Roy Moore, like Trump, is not fit to be dog catcher.  He certainly is not fit to be a senator of this great nation.  Come on, stop being partisan.  Stop defending the predators.

14. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 2 days ago

No it has to do with knowing what kind of character Allred is.  It also has to do with knowing what kind of character Moore has.  It also has to do with having discernment, its kind of like having wisdom.  People don't understand discernment and wisdom have none.

Policies are important in the political ring, and I certain agree with Moore on abortion and more.  His opponent is like that of Clinton, he believe women should have the right to murder their own babies up to the point of being born. 

Good vs Evil.   

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!
    Odd, Allred refuses to turn over the year book for forensic hand writing analyses. What is she afraid of?

What some people think doesn't mean much! Blah, blah, blah!

PrettyPantherposted 37 hours agoin reply to this

"Before you start telling people lies, make sure they don't already know the truth".--Miranda

Surely, you could find an anti-abortion candidate who is not a pedophile?  Surely, you can. Your concern for the unborn is touching.  Your lack of concern for them once they walk upon the earth is disturbing.

15. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 36 hours ago

I find this disrespectfully gross personal attack totally unacceptable.

I don't live in Alabama and Moore is not my candidate.... Ridiculous.

PrettyPantherposted 34 hours agoin reply to this

Sure, but you're just like those Alabamans who say they'll vote for a child molesting Republican over a Democrat. They use their anti-abortion views as justification.

And you're being a good little online soldier, doing your part to spread
      the word that Roy Moore, just like ptesident Don, is not like those other nasty predators you've devoted an entire weeks-long thread to. Oh, no, they're  different.

Even though "you" are not an Alabama voter, "you" are dutifully doing your part to ensure he is seen differently, even though he is clearly too creepy to be allowed at a mall.

Ridiculous.

1. ahorseback profile image80
        ahorsebackposted 34 hours agoin reply to this

Do you mean like you did with Billy Clinton ?

PrettyPantherposted 34 hours agoin reply to this

LOL, always pivot to Clinton, right?
          Your playbook needs a refresh.

First, I was not using the internet until 1996 and I certainly didn't post about politics back then so no online soldiering by me.

Second, I voted for Clinton the first time but not the second time, not that it has any relevance whatsoever to the subject at hand, but hey, I know the Trump Brigade can't type a paragraph without bringing up Hillary or Bill so whatever.

Last, thank you for agreeing with my premise, even though I'm almost certain it was accidental.

1. ahorseback profile image80
            ahorsebackposted 34 hours agoin reply to this

"Whatever ".........is the definition of hypocrite ?

PrettyPantherposted 33 hours agoin reply to this

That was one word out of many. It's elling that you chse to ignore the rest.

16. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 34 hours ago

The former mall manager for the time period in question said that Moore was never banned from the mall.

The false facts have all been debunked.  No one signs their name with two different colors of ink and uses different hand writing.  Allred refuses to turn over the year book to a hand writing analyses.  She won't answer the question if her client saw Moore sign the year book.

The story doesn't hold water. You should maybe research all of it before you pass a judgement on Moore, I did.  I would be very surprised to find that he is guilty. I think its dirty politics at play, nothing more.  After the election the accuser will go away, if not before. 

I think Allred and Nelson will be charged for fraud. 

You sure have an issue when someone doesn't agree with what you have decided in your own mind, you can't control what other people think...not without convincing evidence.  I'm convince Allred and Nelson are lying.  Nelson is a terrible actor!  I've studying body language for a very long time, I'm not an expert, but I listen to what an expert says and she is not a fool that is easily deceived, neither am I.

working