jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

What is the one word that you have for traitors who sell out their country for a

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image83
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

What is the one word that you have for traitors
    who sell out their country for a price?

My  one word would be to gutless

2. Christopher Floyd profile image60
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

I was wondering, did you have any particular traitors in mind? For me the word traitor pretty much sums it up.

3. NateSean profile image75
    NateSeanposted 7 years ago

Lucrative. Opportunistic. Is there any particular reason for this quesiton or are you just being general?

4. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Scum...absolute scum...and Washington is crawling with the vermin at present.  Ethical behavior is something one only displays when they are under suspicion. The career politicians such as Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Barney Frank have long since made themselves richer and richer lining their pockets with favors while the apathetic American public sat stupidly by without noticing. It's past time that the American public started paying attention, asking questions, and holding politicians accountable for their actions.  We are the employer here and we need to start running the show as if we are. WB

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

I know of nothing better than the term, " traitor".........it seems to sum it up.

Most school children understand that Benedict Arnold is remembered for being a " traitor".   

"Traitor".....just sounds more romantic than " betrayer", " turncoat", "2 faced" or " sellout".

6. zduckman profile image60
    zduckmanposted 7 years ago

I think you already stated the word, it would be traitor. Another applicable term would be spy.

7. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 7 years ago

My word is "Americans". We are a whole nation of sell outs. The US has an entire population of citizens who will give up their principles for power, money, or even fame. That's basically what you get in a democracy--a society of hustlers. Offer a book deal or a radio show to any politically-motivated nobody who is looking for work and you will get them to switch to the opposite side of the aisle in a second. Power is what people want. Money or fame are merely vehicles for achieving it. Whether the country is ruined or not in the process is a matter of subjective debate.

8. Kamalesh050 profile image81
    Kamalesh050posted 7 years ago

The word 'Traitor' , I think, fits in just right.  'Betrayer' could be the other word I can think of.

9. Mahmo profile image60
    Mahmoposted 7 years ago

Traitors or Betrayers do not deserve or understand words they deserve Big Spit only !

10. Beth Godwin profile image82
    Beth Godwinposted 7 years ago

Public hanging. The good old fashion way to deal with Traitors.

11. PurvisBobbi44 profile image81
    PurvisBobbi44posted 7 years ago

Congress is my one word, because they have let Outsourcing happen, so there are not enought job for Americans.

12. mariahpoo profile image69
    mariahpooposted 7 years ago

The one word you are looking for is... Traitor, but another great word to describe what a traitor does... Treason.

13. jpcmc profile image88
    jpcmcposted 7 years ago

ihopeyoudieahorribledeathandrotinhelldiescumdie would be my word for traitors.  But since it's not recognize by any English dictionary i'd settle for betreyer.

14. philirodje profile image61
    philirodjeposted 7 years ago

Traitor is a good word for such person but if there are other words, they can still be used.

working