jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why should we appreaciate others?

1. LailaK profile image76
    LailaKposted 6 years ago

Why should we appreaciate others?

We often say "appreaciate others,"  but why should we appreaciate those we don't know? Give me your thoughts and feelings about this topic!

2. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 6 years ago

We don't know the soldiers, doctors, highway workers, first responders, public servants, cops, EMT's and firefighters and millions of others who put their lives on the line or who work hard for us every day.

I believe that, even if we do not need their help or know what it is that they do, we must appreciate them and thank them for their service.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

It is good practice in life to always look for the positive in things- people included. Behind a stone-faced demeanor there may be a sensitive and caring heart that stays hidden until there is trust. Appreciate others for what they have to give. In small ways, they make us who we are. Even those that seem unlikeable have a hand in sculpting us- perhaps by teaching us tolerance or compassion.  In addition, expressing thanks to someone is a sure way to get a smile and open communication between strangers or the estranged.

4. shea duane profile image61
    shea duaneposted 6 years ago

Every human being is a soul that is a part of God. People are given the dignity of being a child of God, whether those people are homeless or wealthy, educated or undereducated, male or female... Sometimes it seems that drugs, alcohol or mental illness robs people of their souls... but I don't believe that is so.

5. Born2care2001 profile image74
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

Because we're connected. We may or may not want to admit it, but we're all a part of the human race. When we have the chance to look into the eyes of another soul we will see, in some measure, a reflection of ourselves. So, doesn't it just make good sense to appreciate yourself?