jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Any chance the Dems will run Hillary vs Obama. Would she be more effective?

1. yellowstone8750 profile image60
    yellowstone8750posted 6 years ago

Any chance the Dems will run Hillary vs Obama. Would she be more effective?

2. Xenonlit profile image59
    Xenonlitposted 6 years ago

I suspect that either Billary or the Tea Party keeps putting out these jabs from behind the scenes. It was clear during the last election that, if California had not pushed back the primary date, we would have made it clear that we did not want her.

If one top Democrat pushes this idea, I am going independent and will vote as I choose.

3. ArtzGirl profile image78
    ArtzGirlposted 6 years ago

I haven't heard yet, if Obama actually signed the bill 1867-- or vetoed it. 

If he passed this through, he may be up for Impeachment, based on the fact that he took an oath of office to uphold the US Constitution.  If he passed 1867 through, he may have just opened the grounds for his own Impeachment.  (As well as the other Congressmen/women/peeps who voted for this bill).

--------------

Hillary is a strong speaker.  I saw her speak about 4 years ago while she was campaigning in the San Diego area.  She has a strong personality, but was very fluid and likable in person when I saw her with my press pass at that speech.  The press had close seats, so I was able to see her across from me about 15 feet from the stage.  Her energy is strong.  She has a lot of passion for what she is doing.  She may have a very good shot at replacing Obama, particularly if there is a movement that follows the US Constitution and declares that this bill is not Constitutional.

4. pstraubie48 profile image87
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

i don't think they will run them against each other but i don't have all of the information that they have behind closed doors. i do think Hilary is a smart woman...however...i do not know if anyone can FIX the mess that exists in Washington...ever really fix it...it seems that once a perfectly sane person enters the political arena they become a part of the problem, not part of the solution.

to straighten out all that is not right will take much more time than it took to create it that just seems to be true.  putting people back to work, health care for the uninsured, food for the hungry, all of these which are only a few of the issues...will take a long time to fix.
    and if the politicians will quit their posturing and get on with the governing some headway MAY happen...and i apologize i got off topic.
    as far as Obama is concerned, he has been in office in an extremely difficult time in history...but the last 20 to 30 years have all had difficult issues to deal with...I did not vote for him but I do not hold him solely at fault for today's mess.

5. aygabtu profile image67
    aygabtuposted 6 years ago

Doubt it.  Obama is still able to raise tons of money and will get the majority of the black vote and probably the hispanic vote even though Washington is completely dysfunctional.

6. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

Being "more effective" means accomplishing things. What's the agenda here? If it's clinging to power following this disastrous first Obama term, during which the party has utterly alienated the voters, then, yes, she may be able to hold the presidency. He probably can't. Other than the racial minorities in his back pocket, he's lost every critical constituency in the coalition that put him into office in '08.

The problem is that it's all but impossible to prevent a sitting president from renomination. His political machine controls the DNC and the fundraising. It's draining the money pool, to use Bill Clinton's metaphor, to raise the billion dollars Obama's handlers think it will take to get him reelected. Hillary would be fighting an uphill battle to deny him the chance. Given how much trouble she had paying off the huge debt she had from her failed campaign last time around, I don't think she'll do it.

7. Ramsa1 profile image62
    Ramsa1posted 6 years ago

Is this the best America can do? This is a country of 330 million people and who is there to oppose Obama? Clinton? And look at the Republican pretenders! Atrocious!! As for Trump...no comment.

8. onegoodwoman profile image75
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I just can't get past..................

will " the Dems will run Hillary".............

insert any party, and any candidate............

WHO is running WHOM?

is the " party" running the candidate, or is the candidate " running" the party?

9. MikeSyrSutton profile image66
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 6 years ago

Anyone would be more effective! But no, she won't run in 2012.

working