jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can We Ever Overcome That Sense Of Me Against You, Us Against Them?

1. vveasey profile image85
    vveaseyposted 5 years ago

Can We Ever Overcome That Sense Of Me Against You, Us Against Them?

I'm superior, You're Inferior, I'm White, You're Black, I'm This Race, You're That Race?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6806698_f260.jpg

2. yoginijoy profile image72
    yoginijoyposted 5 years ago

Yes, it is possible to overcome the us/them binary. What is needed is spiritual growth and the understanding that we are all one. To get there we (as individuals and as a collective, in all ways) must choose the path of compassion and learn as much as possible about each other and learn to listen to each other without judgement or expectations. Deep down at the spiritual level, we are all the same. The labels that society creates are imaginary and inventions that allow us to maintain our "separateness." We aren't different at all.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I absolutely hope so. We are all equal. No, Not one is greater than the another. We are all human beings. We ALL BLEED RED. I really hope we could just learn to accept one another. Where is the "LOVE"?

4. CR Rookwood profile image87
    CR Rookwoodposted 5 years ago

Working and living together is slowly changing it. In another generation the U.S. will be so multicultural, things will be very different here.

Right now, a lot of the hateful noise and venom is kind of the reactionary last gasp of a dying era.

When 'they' are our daughers-in-law, grandchildren, kids, we'll all get a clue fast. smile

working