Trump's lies and Misinformation.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (20 posts)
  1. peoplepower73 profile image82
    peoplepower73posted 5 years ago

Trump lives in fantasy world that he creates and puts out the Real Fake News.  Here are his lies and misinformation for the week ending 9/2/2018 according to AP News Fact Check.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBMO493?m=en-us&ocid=News

1. Credence2 profile image80
      Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Peoplepower, here is another interesting story. I thought that the New York Post was the conservative brother of the New York Times.

Trump is the gift that keeps on giving. Check out why he is mad at Sessions for prosecutions of 2 GOP congressmen who are up to their necks in illegal and nefarious activity, and Trump finds a way to blame Sessions for doing his job.

Looking at a synopsis of the individual cases of each Congressman, their behavior has been dastardly and there remains nothing to redeem them.

I can't believe that Duncan Hunter would blame his misappropriation of campaign designated funds on his wife. These people have NO character at all.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/03/trump-bla … lawmakers/

2. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 5 years ago

I read through the article. I'll be honest, it really does appear to be a lot of nit picking and not much proof of lies. I'll take one example. The black unemployment rate was listed at a historic low of 6.8% in December of last year. The article said Trump quoted 5.5% when it went up to 6.6% in July. Thus, calling him a liar. If both numbers were lower than 6.8% which was considered a historic low and all numbers quoted represent lows achieved  during his administration is he a liar or is this an example of nitpicking?

You be the judge.

peoplepower73posted 5 years agoin reply to this

LTL:  You just nick picked one example.  How about all his other lies and misinformation?

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Even if half his lies are forgivable exaggerations (which they are not), that's still a lot of lies.

Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, another was the statement claimed to be a lie where he told the Mexican president, during a phone call, that the deal with Mexico was big. The article said it was a lie because we did more business with Canada. That,to me, was also nitpicking. He was having a conversation with the Mexican president. I would think that would fall more into the category of attempting to make sure the guy knew we appreciated the relationship, not where he stood on the balance books.

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Don't know as I'd bother - it won't matter how many examples you give you will be asked for more, for the point is not to find truth but to degrade the President of the United States.

Wilderness:  Trump  degrades himself by all of his constant lying, misinformation, and exaggerations. Oh, I know none of that matters to his supporters, because they think his job performance is outstanding. However,  they will believe what Trump says and ignore the real facts, like those listed in the AP Fact Check article at the introduction to this forum.

1. Live to Learn profile image61

PP, not one of those in the article can be unequivocally relegated to lie. Not without bias. Why is your ignoring facts because of your bias justified and another not?

It is sad, but wilderness is correct. These are not attempts to highlight truth, nor did this thread begin from a desire to find it.

2. JAKE Earthshine profile image66
              JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Bozo Trump degrades himself and this once great country every single day with his serial lying, crazy made up stories and conspiracies and maniacal twitter babblings, rants and self absorbed sobbing and crying and now that he's considered an un-indicted conspirator by many legal experts, if we still have laws he should soon be crying and moaning from the inside of a musty prison cell for the rest of his life:

Maybe wilderness and Live to Learn should read these two stunning articles, or they can simply deny they exist if it makes them feel better:

"President Trump has made 4,229 false or misleading claims in 558 days"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac … 1f912eebd2

"It’s True: Trump Is Lying More, and He’s Doing It on Purpose"

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-f … on-purpose

Jake:  Wow and double Wow!  Thank you for posting those two links.  It just blows my mind how his supporters could care less about his behavior.  It is like they are under his spell and not willing to see him for what and who he really is.  They want to believe everything he says and does.

The coal miners are literally thrilled to death that they are going back to work and could care less about not only pollution of the country but pollution of their own lungs.  Here is an article from the Union of Concerned Scientist.

https://www.ucsusa.org/clean-energy/coa … -pollution

I read the article PP provided because I respect him. That's about the only thing I require to verify it won't be a total waste of my time.

LTL:  Thank you, I think?  I'm surprised and at the same time appreciative of your admission of respect.

1. Live to Learn profile image61

I don't have to agree with you to respect that you have arrived at a disagreeable opinion through personal experience and thought. And, you appear to be a bona fide human being. Not a paid to post rabble rouser.

3. wilderness profile image94
              wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree that Trump degrades himself and says stupid things...to approximately the same extend the TDS crowd, virtually slavering for dirt on him, does the same to themselves.

Evens out pretty well as far as I can see, so there is little to choose from in picking a "side".  Both exaggerate enormously, both lie consistently - why is one better than the other outside of one being legally elected to the highest office in the world?

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image66
                JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The easy counter to "TDS" whatever that means is probably "TWD" ~ "Trump Worship Disorder"

2. GA Anderson profile image83
                GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think we could really get this one rolling Wilderness.

I agree with your comment, particularly the first paragraph. But ...

If Woodward's book blurbs turn out to be true, even considering what you and I might consider as beneficial changes; NAFTA, the Iran deal, the tax cuts, the repatriation of off-shore monies, etc., wouldn't that put a dent in your confidence in your reliance on  the TDS syndrome as an explanation for the anti-Trump tirades?

GA

3. peoplepower73 profile image82

Wilderness:  The difference is Trump's lies have consequences for the whole world to see and hear and they are documented in so many different ways to prove he is lying.

As president, he took an oath to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth,  so help him God.  He didn't take an oath to lie and tell half truths or what he calls truthful hyperbole, which is an euphemism for lying and exaggerations.

He works for us and us owes that decency.  But sadly I don't think he is capable.  It is getting more blatant everyday.

3. IslandBites profile image90
    IslandBitesposted 5 years ago

Woodward's 448-page book, 'Fear: Trump in the White House'

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Out of all these revealing books about our presidents, this is the only exposé I've had any desire to read

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)